Codie W.
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Codie said this business had very poor service.

NM
NICOLE M.
TX
Volkswagen Tiguan
12/29/2019 Category: Service
Nightmare.
After 4879$ and 3 trips to the dealership. My issue is STILL persisting. The only reason I will be returning is because it's the SAME ISSUE I initially brought it in for and paid to fix.

LK
LUCAS K.
Virginia, MN
Volkswagen Golf
11/06/2019 Category: Service
They just take your money...
2011 Golf TDI: Had an airbag light go off (warranty on recall) and passenger side heat didn’t work. The charged me $130 dollars and told me the airbag was just a reset, and I need a new heater core. I asked about codes, how they knew it was the core, and how much. I got my receipt with $900 circled on it, no explanation, no estimate paperwork on itemized materials and hours, just $900 with a circle and “I don’t know that’s what they said” as an explanation. I bought the part for $125 and coolant for $20. With YouTube and 2 jack stands in a cold garage it took me 5-6 hours, with minor experience. With a car lift, proper tools, and experience it would have taken 2 hours, so it looks like VW of Duluth charges about $375 an hour, or just tries to rip people off.
I know I got ripped off, I was charged $130 to reset a light for airbag (that was a recall) that wasn’t fixed right in the first place. Told me it was for running diagnostics, which they said was free when I made the appointment. Guess they needed to pay for that remodel through our pocket.

PS
Patricia S.
11/06/2019 Category: Service
Patricia said she was not happy this business. She would not recommend this facility for service.

Superior, WI
10/19/2019 Category: Service
Soso
Took long time to get in for service, left several messages not one call back.

CJ
Craig J.
Minneapolis, MN
09/29/2019
Poor Service, Hidden Issues, and Rude Behavior
My experience at this dealership was terrible. I purchased a Jetta tdi from this dealership. They weren't up front about the many issues the car had. I found the passenger side mirror cove was missing right away but there was more issues to come. I talked with them about the mirror and the check engine light the same day as I purchased the car. They told me they didn't have the part to replace the mirror and they were going to look into the check engine light. I left the car at the dealer ship and ran some errands. They called me back saying the checked the fluids and battery and the check engine light had gone off. I returned to pick up my car and we discussed the mirror. I was told that I would receive a call later about scheduling the mirror cover repair.As I was driving home the check engine light came back on which meant that they did the unhook the battery cable trick to reset the check engine light. Also noticed that the ignition was very difficult to turn. I called the dealership the next day but the sales rep I bought my car from wasn't there. I left a message to have him call me back as possible to discuss these issues. I didn't hear any thing for the next 3 days, I then received a email from the manager asking about for me to give them reviews on websites including this one. I emailed the manager back stating I felt I was being ignored until the 5 day, 500 mile return policy was up. With the threat of me returning the car I got a response the next day. I talked with the sales rep that sold me the car and we discussed the mirror cover and ignition problems. While we were talking about the cover I was asked if I really need it. I responded that it is need to protect the wiring from the elements. We eventually set a date for the next week to have the mirror cover replaced and the ignition looked at and fixed. The day for the repairs came and when I got to the dealership I reconfirmed that my mirror cover was being replaced and my ignition was going to be fixed with the sales rep. He assured me they would. I then was brought to the repair garage and met with the repair rep. I again reconfirmed that both issues are going to be taken care of. I then waited in the lobby for 3 hours for the repairs to be done. I was brought back into the garage and I asked yet again that both the mirror and the ignition were repaired. I was told they both were and I finished up the paper work and was getting ready to leave. Before I could even could turn my car around to leave the lot the Repair rep stopped me. She told me not only did they not repair my ignition they didn't have the part and the garage was booked for the next 3 months. I parked my car and marched back in. I then waited 10 minutes to speak with the Sales rep. I explained what I was just told by the Service rep and asked the Sales rep how are we going to fix this. He went quite for a bit and then said he was going to talk with the garage and his manager. I waited for another 10 minutes. The Sales rep came back and confirmed what the Service rep said and then told me his manager was out to lunch. He asked me if he could call me when the manager got back. I told him that I would wait until the manager got back. Another moment of silence. Then the Sales rep deiced to call his manager. The Sales rep explained everything that just occurred. The sales rep then told me that they would for sure be repairing my ignition but would need some time to order the part and schedule a date. I was told I would be called with a date soon. I returned home and proceeded to wait for five days. No call or emails of any kind. I called the dealership and yet again left my name and number. I was told the sales rep was on his day off. I waited another 3 days still nothing. I tried calling again and was told the sales rep was with a customer. Again I left my name and number. After not receiving any call I emailed the Manager again. I didn't get an email back. At this point it had almost been a month from the time of purchase and I was feed up. I had enough of waiting. So I drove the car back to the dealership. It just so happened that the Manager was outside when I arrived. As I was walking up to him he asked me how it was going, I told him not good. I explained how I took time off of work to get my car fixed after being promised both issues would be. I also told him that I have called multiple times and sent email and haven't got any response. At this time the manager said "I didn't know I had to call you everyday with an update." I almost lost it but I told him I didn't want an update everyday and that I had waited over 2 weeks without any response at all. The manager then asked to see my keys and tried my cars ignition out for himself. I believe he was just trying to prove that it was my error and not the car, After a couple minutes of him trying he admitted that the ignition was broken to the point that at anytime it could fail and make it impossible to start the car. The Manager then went in and talked with the Sales and Service reps. The Sales rep then came and talked with me. He said that the ignition had just came in today and they were going to fix my car right away. My family owned an auto parts store and I know how long it takes to get parts delivered. The popularity of the Jetta means most parts warehouse in the Twin Cities will have the ignition on stock, so at most it would take 3 days for the part to be delivered. But I kept my moth shut because my car was being fixed. At this time I was more then annoyed with the rude comment and behavior of the Manager and the lies they were trying to sell me I told them I was going to get some lunch and the could call me when my car was finished. An hour later I received a phone call saying my car had been repaired. Which was amazing since it took them 3 hour to put on a mirror cover. I picked up my car and signed the paper work.

TN
Ted N.
TX
09/18/2019 Category: Service
Ted said his experience was terrible. He said this is the worst dealership he has ever dealt with. He said he had to threaten to go to the attorney general to get them to do work on a certified preowned vehicle. He said they lied to him and they had his vehicle for a week but never called to tell him it was ready. He said he bought a certified pre owned vehicle but the brakes were making squealing noises and it took them 2.5 months to replace them. They had to replace the windshield wipers, it was missing two head-rests, there is a part on the exterior of the vehicle that the paperwork says is there but is not, the mirror was wiggling, the vehicle was dirty, they took stickers off of the windshield but never scraped it and it did not have the sticker saying when the last oil change was done. He said they ordered parts 3 weeks ago but he still hasn't gotten them. He said the sales department and the general manager never once returned any of his phone calls. He said the service he got from the sales and general managers was horrendous. He said the service department rectified it and the guy he dealt with was decent, but he was just doing his job. He didn't do anything special. He said he is terribly unhappy with this business and would not recommend them to anybody.

Dominik W.
09/07/2019 Category: Service
Dominik said that they told him a bunch of work needed to be done. He didn't want to pay them so he found someone else. He found out that the work they told him he needed done wasn't necessary. He is out $600.

JASON R.
South Range, WI
08/21/2019 Category: Sales
Treat you like you're stupid!
Having problems with the turbo sticking. I looked it up and it's either carbon or a loose shaft and they wont cover it under warranty. Service manager was rude!!

RP
ROGER P.
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Routine service on 2017 VW Alltrack
Presented my 2017 VW Alltrack to VW of Duluth for routine service; appointment had been scheduled along with what was to be done (oil and filter change, tire rotation).
When getting checked out I questioned the amount of the charges as they were greater than what were expected as discussed on phone when appointment made. Service rep said the oil change/filter was more expensive because it was a DIESEL. And all this time I had been fueling it with gasoline!...and I believe VW stopped producing/selling diesels prior to the 2017 model year. I would hope your people would know the products better than this.
Service was done quickly (I hope well).

Brett S.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Brett said his vehicle is currently sitting in Milwaukee after this business supposedly fixed it.

Daniel L.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Daniel said he was going to have an emissions update done and he was told they would have to fix a problem before that was covered under warranty. He said after two or three days they called him and said it wouldn't be covered under warranty and would cost a thousand dollars. He said he did it but wasn't happy.

JJ
Josiah J.
06/19/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Josiah. He said it took the business 8 weeks to finish the repair and a big part was about the insurance. He stated that he was calling the business practically everyday because the insurance was waiting for the repair to finish so they can work on the claim. The repair was not done to his satisfaction and he said he wouldn't be back to the business.

REBECCA S.
Chaska, MN
Volkswagen Passat
04/15/2019 Category: Sales
Used VW Purchase
Product and sales staff were very good but closing documentation department were not likewise.

Superior, WI
04/13/2019 Category: Service
Bad service
Bad service representative was not helpful and did not know the information needed or how to get the information needed