BA
Brent A.
Esko, MN
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Brent said the sales people were nice but as far as the service there, they made a bunch of mistakes. He said they had the wrong parts ordered twice and the loaner vehicle wasn't ready. He stated he wouldn't recommend this place as far as service goes, but overall, the sales department and his sales person was good.

Codie W.
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Codie said this business had very poor service.

Brett S.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Brett said his vehicle is currently sitting in Milwaukee after this business supposedly fixed it.

SO
Stephanie O.
Cass Lake, MN
03/26/2019 Category: Service
Stephanie said she ordered the part a week prior to the service. So, it was there. However, she's not sure if the part was installed. The technician was unable to find out what was wrong with the vehicle. She was quoted 2 hours of labor, but it took 5 hours. The service representative did not seem knowledgeable. She was trying to explain things to her. Also, she's not sure, the technician is certified to work on vehicles. He was not confident in what he was doing. She paid $280 and none of her concerns were taken care of. She drove 2 and a half hours to this business. She budgeted for 2 hours of labor, but the service took 5 hours. She was not given a reason for the delay. It would have been nice if they provided her with a loaner. She probably wouldn't recommend this business nor go back.

Joshua T.
Barnum, MN
03/15/2019 Category: Service
Joshua said the issue with the vehicle is getting better. He would recommend them.

Josh B.
02/19/2019 Category: Service
Josh said he could not get a hold of any of the employees. They did not call him back as promised. He felt ignored during his service. They took a long time on his work.

NG
NEWOOD G.
Grand Marais, MN
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
12/12/2018 Category: Sales
Communication is lacking
Buying my car was easy enough.

Then I had to wait 24 hours to pick it up because of a recall that needed to be done. When I picked it up the next day the check engine light came on within 5 minutes. Took it right back and it was diagnosed with an emission system error that wasn't noticed while it was being serviced. Or maybe they never did the service that they claimed they did in the 24 hours I was waiting for the car, who knows.

They gave me a loaner Tiguan, very lowest trim level with its own set of issues, and said they would be in touch when my car was fixed. After 3 days with no contact, I asked when I could expect to pick up my car and they said it was at the top of the list and would let me know. Another week goes by and no one has contacted me so I email again and they say I'm next on the list and someone will call when it's done. Another week goes by and no one has called, so I call them. They say my car has been done for a couple of days and that the service department contacted me, which never happened or obviously I wouldn't be calling.

At this point it has been a day short of 3 weeks since I paid for the car and I've driven it a grand total of 20 minutes, including the test drive. The only time anyone has contacted me is when I call or email them. Zero outreach on their part, zero effort to make up for 3 weeks the car was sitting in service. They didn't even bother to detail it afterwards. The only thing they did was loan me a Tiguan that made funny sounds when it was started and had a busted washer pump, so every time it snowed I had to go wash the windows at a gas station to be able to see.

I love Volkswagens but VW of Duluth left me with a bad impression of VW dealerships.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 12/17/2018

Hi Newood, I appologize for your experience at our dealership. Here at VW of Duluth we strive to give the best service possible to our customers. Please let us know how we can make things right.

KATE S.
08/14/2018 Category: Sales
Very happy with the vehicle
We are very happy with the vehicle we purchased but not so happy with the business services. Sales did a great job, but we had a little trouble with the business manager. In the end the problem was solved to our satisfaction but it wasn’t done in a polite manner.

RF
RICHARD F.
Superior, WI
Volkswagen BEETLE
07/23/2018 Category: Service
slow service
I had dropped off an old 73 Bug knowing that there were likely some pretty significant repairs that would be needed to the engine if I wanted it to run well. I had shared with the service department that the Bug was not a daily driver and there was not any major rush in making repairs. Even though I had said there was no major rush, I was frustrated that I didn't hear anything for nearly two weeks and that I had to initiate any conversation with the service department. I understand that this was not a car that I had purchased at this dealership, but my wife and I did purchase a new Passat from the dealership shortly after it opened in 2012. I did not feel like a valued customer.

KC
KELLY C.
Hermantown, MN
Volkswagen Passat
05/26/2018 Category: Sales
took to long to process the paperwork
Asked for and was refused to be given a purchase agreement to take to my bank. Kept waiting for 4 hours while they spoke directly with my bank. Was told they would run credit with one competitor and one of there banks but ended up running it through the bank I had already made arrangements with. Was told they could probably beat my rate.

DANIEL C.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan A5
04/02/2018 Category: Service
Poor maintenance
I was told that the car was going to stop leaking g if the fix one part which they did and it turns out that the car is still leaking oil

AW
ANDREW W.
Negaunee, MI
Volkswagen Passat
10/14/2017 Category: Service
Generally i was happy with the service but the last visit was unsatisfactory. For about a 1000 dollars i drove out of there with the front left lug nuts very loose. Obviously an oversight but not what i would have expected after spending that amount of money

Deborah H.
04/13/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with John. He said he wasn't happy with all the things they told him he needed.

AZ
Aaron Z.
12/07/2016 Category: Service
Aaron said when he took his vehicle to the business for service, the check engine light was not on. When he picked up his vehicle, it was on. There were things unplugged from the engine.

NB
NATHAN B.
Proctor, MN
VOLKSWAGEN GOLF
10/28/2016 Category: Service
Overcharged
Went in to volkwagon to get my water pump fixed. They quoted me at $350 (to do water pump you already have to take off timing belt) they called me after I dropped it off saying the timing belt should be replaced. Seeing as you have to take it off anyway I agreed. They charged me labor for both jobs independently even though to they already had to take it off. I shouldn't have had to pay 2 different labor costs. My original estimate was $350, when I went to go pick it up they hand me a bill for $2,030.00. Then they say that they told $1,700.00 for an estimate. Fucking bullshit lying fuckheads. I was charged $1,200.00 in labor