Valley Center, CA
Toyota Pickup
06/17/2019
Factory part?
My Toyota was recently serviced. On my invoice, it is listed that Toyota factory antifreeze was used. I got my vehicle home and checked. There was regular green antifreeze in the cooling system. Factory Toyota coolant is pink/red. Now I have to flush it out and replace. Everything else is fine.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 06/18/2019

Tony,

We do want to apologize, I Know Chris reached out to you, the proper coolant was installed in the Vehicle, the wrong coolant part number and description were accidentally invoiced on your invoice, we sincerely apologize for the confusion as this was clearly a mistake on our part.

Nissan Sentra
02/09/2019
Inspection?
I came in for a routine oil change. Inspections come standard with any service. The last time I was in they reccomended several things to be done, so when I came in this time, the same recommended services were on my print out. The technician tried to tell me that services were still recommended, even though I had replaced parts myself. It just goes to show you cant trust mechanics to tell the truth. They will try to nickle and dime you to death.

Aside from that, they are always really nice and polite.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 02/11/2019

Thank you for reaching out, Seems there may be some confusion caused by the fact we did not send you your vehicle inspection, we apparently dropped the ball by not supplying you with the Electronic Inspection of your vehicle. I checked the Inspection this morning and the Technician did not recommend Wiper Blades as I believe you are referring to. The service Professional / Consultant Chris that was helping you in the office should have removed the recommendation after reviewing the Technicians inspection, as they were no longer being recommended. I sincerely apologize as Chris dropped the Ball by not sending you the copy of the Inspection and then not removing the recommendation. It is our goal to always provide you with the highest level service, we perform our inspections 100% and would never recommend UN need repairs or service. This was a breakdown of communication internally and externally on our part. Please accept my sincerely apology! – Brian Bowersock. I would be happy to call and speak with you if there is a convenient time to do so, please let me know.   760-741-0071

AP
Andrew P.
Chevrolet Corvette
11/06/2018
"Third Times a Charm?"
vehicle is going back again for the third time in a month for a "Low Oil", sensor/indicator problem. hopefully they can resolve it this time. your people are always friendly and courteous, but im starting loose confidence.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 11/08/2018

Andrew,
I wanted to follow up with you, Tim the Escondido Location Manager reached out to you this week as we wanted to make sure you are taken care of. I did take some time and look through your Vehicles history to find that in 2011 we recommend an oil pressure sensor that was declined and never replaced. Then a couple weeks ago in 2018 was the first time we have seen the vehicle for 7 years, there was an oil level light on after the service we performed, we cleaned the level sensor at no charge for you. If the light has returned as stated it may need the level sensor replaced. This sensor is not related to oil pressure, it is related to oil level. Besides cleaning this sensor at no charge for you this past visit we have not worked on the Level Sensor. I hope this helps clear up the confusion, if I can help in any way please let me know.Brian Bowersock 760-741=0071

Al M.
Bonsall, CA
Ford Expedition
04/13/2018
They have a good reputation, but not sure if I will be back.
1. When I scheduled the appointment I was not told that the car needed to stay all day. Thus, I had no means to return home and I had to rent a car. I could have arranged for a ride if my appointment was on another and day and I was told it would be there two days.

2. When I picked up my car, it appeared the outside was washed??, but the interior had grease on the steering wheel and side door handle. I didn't notice the grease until I looked at my hands. My hands were covered with grease and on the way driving the car home, it was necessary for me to stop and clean the steering wheel and wash my hands...they were soooo dirty. The paper napkin I used was very greasy.

3, The fellas at the counter were not customer friendly or very pleasant, either.
It might help if they smiled when they told me the repair would be $2000.

4. A few days before I took my Mercedes to a different shop and the experience was so very different. It was a five star experience.

Chuck H.
Toyota Venza
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Chuck said the business lacked the attention for detail. He said the work order specified anti-corrosion for the battery, and the tire pressures were to be checked. None of this was done.

SL
Seth L.
Valley Center, CA
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Seth said Triple A referred him to this business to get his battery replaced. He had to wait 2 to 3 hours for service without an appointment. The business didn't carry Triple A batteries unless he bought one of the interstate batteries, so he didn't end up having service there. The staff was nice and they seemed really organized.

EH
Emma H.
San Marcos, CA
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Emma said she took her vehicle in a while ago but the air conditioner is still not working. She has to take the vehicle back in. The staff were very considerate and accommodating. They were able to help her out in more than one way.

Mark W.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
09/20/2017
Fluid Changes
Had the transmission fluid and front/rear differential fluids changed. Was given an estimate of $460. Was called later and told there is no drain plugs on either differential and more labor would be needed. My 2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty Powerstroke can't be the first one requesting this service. As it turned out, the work was more expensive than the dealers estimate of $525 My bill was a shade under $600. This is not enough to keep me from returning but it is a disappointing as this should have been a very simple job to estimate. Your response is requested

BE
Bob E.
Carlsbad, CA
09/19/2017
Water pump replace
Good work, expensive. Investigating prices after the fact it appears that parts prices were approximately doubled.

Sharon H.
08/26/2017
Rude service
I felt belittled by the guy that helped me. I felt I was bothering him by being there and waiting in the waiting room. I have had better service in the past but not this time.