Mark B.
10/13/2018
Rear Trunk Shocks
Trunk lift shocks were broken. Estimated cost to repair $220. We declined. I bought the parts for $20 and installed them within 10 minutes. I’ve been a satisfied customer for years, but that quote seemed very unreasonable.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 10/13/2018

Mark,
First and foremost thank you for being a client and putting your trust in us. I am glad you reached out to me, as I can understand the concern you in this situation, but the true fact is we sourced and priced the lift shocks we quoted for your vehicle directly from Ford, Yes they are quite a bit more costly but we know they will not fail anytime soon, we had a lift shock fail once and a client was hit in the head with a trunk lid. So we no longer install offshore Lift shocks. I am sure you understand the liability we incur when installing something like this. If you have any other questions please let me know. Once again thank you for reaching out.

BW
Bill W.
Nissan NV
01/20/2018
Not what I expected
I didn't feel important as a new customer. I was asked to have my delivery truck there first thing in the morning and then they didn't look at it until much later.The call was also very high pressure, I needed everything but didn't know anything about what I had asked you to do the transmission slipping. I finally got your call related to the work I wanted and was told low on fluid and should have service done. I gave the approval reluctantly as it had just had that same service 25,000 miles ago. ($250.00) down the drain. Got a call later that afternoon and was told I need a new cooler line for the transmission another $100 bucks and had to order, Would take 2 days and the weekend was here so wanted to keep the truck over the weekend until sometime Monday. I know these guys want to do a good job but I won't be back to bad nice shop. You need to change your radio ad to something like bring your wallet and leave your car for a few days.We get to you when we can

MN
Mariann N.
Nissan Pathfinder
11/07/2017
Alignment issue
I came in for an alignment because I was having some shimmy in my steering wheel. When I picked up my car I was told that they could not align my vehicle to factory specs and that they had maxed out my front passenger side. I paid 90 dollars for an alignment that wasnt up to specs.

Joseph R.
08/23/2017
Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not happy
First my Jeep was tested for fracked block or head gasket failure and my first call was to report how expensive an engine rebuild would cost. I brought the Jeep in to diagnose a high idle. Next the Idle Air Control Valve was inspected and needed replacement. The bill. $500. Wow. So I wasn't happy with either the block test or the bill for a replaced IACV.