Jeff R.
Escondido, CA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/24/2020
could not fix my truck
I brought my truck to West because of ther reputation of diagnosing problems. They had my truck for 3 days, charged me close to $500 and I still have the same problem without a diagnosis.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 07/25/2020

Jeff,

I am terribly sorry that we could not meet your expectations when it comes to diagnosing your vehicle, we truly work hard to make sure all clients are satisfied and for that, I apologize sincerely. As stated to you from Aldo further diagnosis and time are needed to track down this concern. As you are aware the concerns with your vehicle are very Intermittent. We spent time testing and verify all the active data on your vehicle, for example fuel pressure, Mass Air Flow Grams per second, Fuel control and many other tests that we documented the results on the invoice. All the information is within specifications currently. We did recommend and performed with your permission a Fuel Induction service as the throttle body of your vehicle was heavily coked and the Valve’s had Carbon Build up. This service did help drivability and response of the engine. That being said we are aware that there was still an intermittent concern, As we advise you we had expended the amount of time that we charged for in performing all the relevant tests and we would need more time and money for a deeper diagnosis. Please understand your vehicle is experiencing a concern that not even the Power train Control Module can see. There are no relative events stored in the power train Module in relation to this concern. I know you requested to pick up the vehicle, I hope you understand it is not that the vehicle can not be fixed, it is spending the time and effort which equates to dollars to get to the bottom of your intermittent concern, this is not a normal concern and there will require a lot more effort and time. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to myself directly as I am here to Help Brian Bowersock 760-741-0071

CJ
Carlton J.
Vista, CA
02/01/2018
Old customer very disappointed
Very disapointed in what transpired. I called and explained the problem with the vehicle and was told to come down and they would get me in. Again i explained that tune check engine light was on and the diagnosis was P0030 egine code and just needed it fixed. i dropped the truck off at 9am and at 11:30 called to get an update. i was told that they started the diagonsis but had to got to lunch and they would update me when he got back. Again i called at 1:15 and asked for an update and got that they had just got back from lunc 2 hours latter and still had no news. I then called back at 3pm to aks for an update and got all kinds of talk about what was going on but bottom line they still did not know and now the truck had to cool down for an hour and then they could diagnosis it. This would have put a pickup time assuming they found it at 4:30-5pm to late for me so just picked my truck up paid the $99.00 for a diagnosis i had already told them waht it was. Taking my truck somewhere else at this point

Steve S.
San Marcos, CA
05/30/2017 Category: Service
Steve said their work was of poor quality and he will never go to them again.