Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

MISTY W.
Cadillac DeVille
07/17/2015
They are honest and fair priced
Great job 5 star!

AUTRY B.
07/17/2015
inspection of each vehicle to insure safety
when I bring my vehicles in for an oil change I like the way they are thoroughly
inspected to assure they are safe to drive.

KK
KRISTY K.
07/16/2015
Great Experience
I've been to quite a few mechanics with the few cars i've had since I got my license, these guys were great. They gave me a ride home when i dropped my car off in the morning (i lived right up the road) I asked them to check my belts in my car when I took my car in for new brakes, they could have easily said oh you need new ones that's gonna be $XX.XX more money but they didn't they said everything looks fine and only charged me for what they quoted me when I first took it in for evaluation.

ROBIN C.
Kia Sorento
07/15/2015
honest dependable courteousquick turnaround
They are wonderful. Always great customer service. Accommodating very knowledgeable

Johnny P.
Gibsonton, FL
Dodge Ram Van
07/15/2015 Category: Service
Johnny said they did a good job. He needed a tire, they gave him an estimate, and they referred him to a business which sells tires.

JAMES T.
07/11/2015
Friendly people, timely service
Just in for an oil change...completed in minimum time. Staff was very friendly.

DT
DENNIS T.
Georgetown, KY
07/10/2015
They do exactly what I ask for at a reasonable price.
Appointment was made with about 24 hour notice and time & price to do the job were less than expected. Took them an aftermarket exhaust I bought online and they had it changed out for me within 40 minutes. Couldn't have been easier.

TG
THOMAS G.
07/07/2015
Overcharged on parts
Researched price of parts necessary for job from AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, Amazon, and O'Reilly. Parts for all of those places came out to ~$75-100, but 5-Star charged me $160. Honest pricing is no such thing with this place.

Recommend buying parts yourself and have them do the job.
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/08/2015

Thomas I am sorry that you feel the price for part was to high. First thing is that if you will also check those places they have 2 to 3 lines of parts, low line, midgrade line and high line. We always use the mid or high grade parts. Second, is that we have to mark parts up to cover warranty and cost of doing business. All shops do this. We have to pay rent, utilities, phones and employees. All shops are in business to also make a little money.  We feel that we are one of the lowest price auto repair shops in town. I have worked at other repair shops and can tell you that if you will check around you will find our price to be in line or cheaper than most. ALL shops mark up their parts just as any business in the world does. Autozone, Advance, Amazon and Oreilly all mark their parts up to sell to all of us, otherwise they couldn't stay in business.  I don't know where you work but I am sure where ever it is they mark up their prices of whatever service or products they supply. Third, most shops will not install customer supplied parts. Those that do will mark the labor up some and you will have absolutly no warranty on the labor. So if you would have brought the window regulator to us and it broke in 6 months or was bad out of the box you would have to pay the labor to replace it again. With us buying the part you have a 12 month parts and labor warranty. I hope this explains more to you so that you understand why the parts are marked up. If you have any questions please feel free to call me. I want you to happy with the work and the price.

Charles S.
Scion xA
06/30/2015 Category: Service
Charles said the business is honest and his vehicle is working well.

Ronald W.
06/29/2015 Category: Service
Ronald said they did a great job.

JACK H.
06/27/2015
the whole crew
i have always been treated good.

PS
PAULA S.
Mercury Sable
06/26/2015
All was good
I have no problem with anything they do with my car. It would be nice if they were open on Sat and closed on Monday. I have to use a vacation day just to get my car serviced. I think its great that they close for two days but maybe move them or do a 1/2 day on Sat just oil changes.

LJ
Lindsey J.
Geo Prizm
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Lindsey said she has been going there for ten years and she has always had great service. She has recommended them and she will continue to do so.

Donald W.
Midway, KY
Chevrolet Silverado
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Donald said this business has done everything he has ever asked for.

LOU S.
06/25/2015
took care of my problem quickly!
Love 5 Star Exhaust!!

DANA W.
06/25/2015
Service was warrentied
Prompt and courteous service!

DN
DIANA N.
Volkswagen Eos
06/24/2015
Service & Honesty
The service is is great. You can trust what they tell you and they stand behind their work. They're timely and don't charge you for things they didn't do or that you don't need. I tell people to go there all the time.

BK
BILL K.
06/23/2015
Friendly, prompt and professional
Recommend all use 5 Star for your auto needs.

BC
Bettie C.
Buick Regal
06/15/2015 Category: Service
Bettie said that she has been pleased with the work this business does. They are nice, courteous, they call their customers back and they seem like really honest people.

RA
Rhoda A.
Kentucky
06/15/2015 Category: Service
Rhoda said that she did not have to wait long at the business.