Overall Rating 2.8571429/5Overall Rating 2.8571429/5rating 2.8571429rating 2.8571429rating 2.8571429
Overall Rating 1.8571429/5rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429

LJ
Lindsey J.
Geo Prizm
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Lindsey said she has been going there for ten years and she has always had great service. She has recommended them and she will continue to do so.

Donald W.
Midway, KY
Chevrolet Silverado
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Donald said this business has done everything he has ever asked for.

LOU S.
06/25/2015
took care of my problem quickly!
Love 5 Star Exhaust!!

DANA W.
06/25/2015
Service was warrentied
Prompt and courteous service!

DN
DIANA N.
Volkswagen Eos
06/24/2015
Service & Honesty
The service is is great. You can trust what they tell you and they stand behind their work. They're timely and don't charge you for things they didn't do or that you don't need. I tell people to go there all the time.

BK
BILL K.
06/23/2015
Friendly, prompt and professional
Recommend all use 5 Star for your auto needs.

BC
Bettie C.
Buick Regal
06/15/2015 Category: Service
Bettie said that she has been pleased with the work this business does. They are nice, courteous, they call their customers back and they seem like really honest people.

RA
Rhoda A.
Kentucky
06/15/2015 Category: Service
Rhoda said that she did not have to wait long at the business.

JOE W.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
06/14/2015
Dean reached out to me concerning my recent experience at 5 star. I agree with the fact that you all called and talked to me about having a problem getting the axles off. No biggie, I told Elaine i would buy new ones and have those installed, hoping to make the process easier to complete. Knowing the clutch was burnt up to begin with, I wish that the pivot ball and clutch fork were noticed as being worn before the transmission was reinstalled. Regarding the discount(savings), Dean stated the prices(on the parts) were reduced before being put on the invoice. Thus, the only discount I saw on the invoice was the 10% off. So the majority of the almost $300 in savings, i received, went to Enterprise. However, I will add, my car seems to be running fine and better than it was before I brought it to 5star. Lastly, I appreciate the time/effort Dean took reply to my review and to reach out to me over the phone.

06/14/2015
Disappointed(with a capital D)
Been going to 5star for years, however my most recent visit there was unacceptable. Received a quote to install a clutch kit(8hrs + parts). Made an appointment and dropped my car off at 8am Tuesday June 2nd. My car was finally finished and ready for pick up the following Wednesday, June 10th(8 days later). Since my car wasn't ready during the same week I had to get a rental car for 5 days(Sat. June 6th-Wed. June 10th). I guess for my inconvenience they applied a 10% off coupon(that is available on their website). The discount didn't even cover the full cost of me having to get a rental car for 5 days. Needless to say, this was not a very pleasant experience.
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 06/15/2015

Joe,
 I am sorry that you were not happy with our service. I realize that you understood the clutch job to take 8 hours. That is barring any complications. Both of your axles were froze in your hub assemblies. We called and talked to you about this. We tried every way that we could to get them out without damage but they would not come free at all. We spent several extra hours trying to remove the axles. We replaced your clutch which was completly burnt up. After replacement, your new clutch would not release completly, we then found that your pivot ball and clutch fork were worn causing your previous clutch to burn up. We had to remove the transmission again (at no cost to you) to replace these parts. These parts are dealer only items, so we had to order them from the dealer. They did not have them in stock so they had to be ordered. This is something we can not control. It took 3 days to get the parts. We had your car back together the same day the parts came in.  Yes we did give you 10% off, but that is after we dropped the prices on the ticket. You actually recieved almost $300.00 in savings between us marking the ticket down and taking 10% off. We did this to try our best to take care of you for something that was not our fault and was beyond our control. I don't feel that you are being fair to us with the review that you left for us. My phone line is always open for customers to talk to me. I will always do my best to handle your concerns. I want you to understand everything that went on during the time your vehicle was in our care. I also want you to feel that you got a good price for the work that we performed. Please call me if you still have concerns about the repair on your vehicle. I will ask that you please re-evaluate the score you have given us. I do not believe that we deserve that low score.

Dean Bartholow
859-231-5750
859-744-4054

ROB H.
06/10/2015
You Can Trust 5 Star
I never worry about fair and honest service and prices. I can leave my car with them and they will only recommend what my car needs.

Thank you so much for the great review Rob.

JIM W.
06/09/2015
water pump[ -2006 Town and Country
The work was quick and seems to have be done correctly.

However, it was priced the highest of the ones that I checked, except for dealers.

Jim,
 thank you for your response.  We are normally about the lowest priced in town. Please feel free to call me to discuss your bill. I would find it hard to believe that we are the highest priced. We always strive to be the best at what we do, but try to keep our prices as low as possible.

859-231-5750
859-744-4054

WH
WALTER H.
06/02/2015
fast and freindly service
the service was very good , i like that the owner valued he customer enough to give me a ride to work wile they fixed my car.

BL
Brittany L.
Nissan Murano
05/29/2015 Category: Service
Brittany said she had a good experience with the business.

Thank you for the kind words Brittany

BF
Bashasr F.
Chrysler 300
05/29/2015 Category: Service
Bashasr said this business gave him a printout of what needed to be done to his vehicle without him asking, which was helpful and awesome.

Thank you Bashasr for the great review

Debbie P.
05/29/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Barrie. She said they got good service at the business.

ROBIN C.
Kia Sorento
05/27/2015
honest dependable courteousquick turnaround
Great company. Always does best for customer. They really wOrk with appt
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 05/28/2015

Thank you for the kind words Robin. We really appreciate it.

IJ
Iris J.
Toyota Sequoia
05/22/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Lisa. She said the service was quick and she did not have to wait long, which she liked.

Mary H.
Nicholasville, KY
Oldsmobile Alero
05/22/2015 Category: Service
Mary said this business treated her fine.

CHARLES C.
Salt Lick, KY
Honda Accord
05/21/2015
Nice place, friendly, helpful staff
Five Star is done the road from my office, which makes it convenient. But what keeps me coming back is the friendly, helpful staff. I was disappointed this time that they didn't record life left on brake pads, but when I pointed that out, one of the mechanics went out with me and checked them and also showed me how to do it myself!
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 05/21/2015

Thank you for the response Charles. I am sorry we didn't do that. Thank you for questioning that. Please anytime that you have questions, ask. If we forget to do something we don't know unless you let us know. We strive to be the best and make our customers happy. We are human and do make mistakes. But understanding customers like you that bring it to our attention help us to learn from our mistakes. Our #1 goal is Customer Stisfaction.

BT
Ben T.
Kentucky
05/21/2015 Category: Service
Ben said he had to bring his vehicle back because the business did not correct the problem.

Ben,
 Sorry to hear you had to bring it back. Sometimes on exhaust it will take it time to settle after driving and as the new rubber hangers stretch a little. Hopefully we got that taken care of an I am sorry you had to come back. Remind me next time you are in and I will take care of you. I want you to be completely happy with our services and personel.