Latest Review over 1 year ago

CT
Christopher T.
Las Vegas, NV
08/20/2018
"Non-Disco, Straight Shooting and a Down-To-Earth German Auto Repair Establishment
I was just a kid who probably had no idea just how badly the deck (back then) was stacked against me, when Alan took an interest in me, like the uncle I never had.

I owe him so much. Back when I lived in Portland, I was taken with his comprehensive knowledge of Porsche, Audi, and Volkswagen equipment, which for me today (as it was then) is second to none.

But, what I remember most was he never forgot where he came from and he was open to learning whatever he could use from virtually everyone he came in contact with. And top be candid, there are one or two Porsche stories we were able to share, which may qualify as "Paranormal Porsche Anomalies," LOL!!!

In other words, if I had not been there to witness said anomalies, I too would have a most difficult time believing they occurred. But, I digress. All I know is this, I cannot say enough good things about Alan or his loving wife, Kim. He puts his knowledge, heart, sincerity, guts, and soul into everything he does for his customers. For what it is worth, a more knowledgeable and sincere master-of-the-craft you will not find in the Portland Metropolitan Area, and probably the whole West Coast, and I mean that sincerely.

PE
Pat E.
Vancouver, WA
08/21/2017
This is the ONLY place I ever go for Porsche Service
A&P Specialties has serviced every Porsche, Audi, VW, and BMW that I and every person my family have ever owed for more than 15 years, as as long as A&P Specialties is there... It will the only place I continue to go to in the future. The service is excellent, the price is always right, and I simply would not trust another mechanics hands on my Porsche's.

MK
Michael K.
05/05/2017
First-class in every way!
Realistic scheduling; thorough info gathering to identify problems/symptoms; consultation on repairs in progress/ obtain permission before proceeding beyond original scope of work; completed work on time within repair budget and car returned clean inside and out. Thorough and professional in every respect.

OH
Oscar H.
Clackamas, OR
05/04/2017
Always on time with the right information and fair price
It is a pleasure to call and make an appointment with Paul the Service Manager. Paul is very knowledgeable and professional in his assessments of what is needed for my vehicle. I appreciate the time he takes to ensure my vehicle is repaired correctly the first time and proactively inspects all common areas of the vehicle for possible problems that may arise in the future. Great Job Paul. Great Job A&P Team!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/05/2017

Many thanks Oscar we really appreciate your trust in us and we hope you have a great summer, Alan & Paul.

PC
Paula C.
Hood River, OR
04/29/2017
excellent trustworthy service every time!
Paul and all the staff (i wish i could remember everyone's names!) are always very courteous and professional! It is always intimidating, (and particularly as a non-mechanically informed woman) to have work done on my car. But these guys have been excellent!!! excellent!! my car has never run better! I have dealt with them for a couple years now, and it is usually just for an oil change and they don't find a "big expensive blah blah problem" my car just continues to run great!! This time I did arrive having had my check engine light come on a couple times over the last month or so. They gave me a very thorough explanation and no pressure suggestion about the fuel pump problem (and I know they were honest as I have a very mechanically inclined friend and he noticed my car not accelerating as it should and thought that may be the problem) So it is confirmed they are honest :) The work is always done quickly and their prices are very very reasonable :) I highly recommend A & P Specialties!! I even drive all the way in from Hood River, they are worth it!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/01/2017

Thanks Paula for the review Paul and I hope you have  great summer, Thanks Alan.

KH
Kory H.
Vancouver, WA
Porsche Boxster
04/29/2017
Fast, Friendly and Great Work!
Started bringing my Boxster here last year and will never go anywhere else. The Staff is so friendly and very very good about explaining the problem and the fix. I highly recommend A and P
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/01/2017

Thanks Kory we really are thankful for the review and hope you have a great summer with your Porsche, Alan & Paul.

Ron G.
Fairview, OR
BMW 530i
04/29/2017 Category: Service
Ron said he is completely satisfied with the work this business has done for him.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/01/2017

Thanks Ron we are thankful for the review and hope you have a great summer with your BMW Alan & Paul.

BL
Brian L.
Volkswagen EuroVan
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Brian said this business did a really good job. They went above and beyond his expectations.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/28/2017

Thanks Brian Paul and I are thankful for your business and trust is us and please have a safe and fun summer. Alan & Paul.

KL
Ken L.
Damascus, OR
Porsche Cayenne
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Ken said he was confident in the service and the employees did an excellent job.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/26/2017

Thanks ken we hope you have a great summer.Alan & Paul.

AD
Amy D.
Volkswagen EuroVan
04/22/2017 Category: Service
Amy said she was happy with everything they did.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/26/2017

Thanks Amy we hope you have many wonderful trips in your Eurovan this summer, Alan & Paul.

Robert B.
Porsche 911
04/18/2017
Always good service
Its been a while since I have had a Porsche so I haven't been to A&P in a few years. Service was very good as expected. Even got the man himself Alan working on my car 2014 Carrera . The new waiting room was much more comfortable then the old days. I recommend A&P for all your German auto needs.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/19/2017

Thanks Robert Paul and I really are thankful that you still are thinking about us after all these years your trust means a lot.We hope you have a great summer, Thanks Alan & Paul.

KI
Kelsey I.
Central Point, OR
Volkswagen Jetta
04/15/2017
In good hands!
I switched to A and P Specialties when my first mechanic didn't believe me when I said my car was off from normal. Al and Paul'said crew found the issue (a squeaking timing belt) and I've been with them ever since. Throughout the good check ups and the bad times too, A and P have always been honest and helpful with my car's repairs.

This past fall, my car's transmission died while I was working out of state. I hauled it home and towed it to A and P Specialties, who were updated by me and had already researched replacement parts. I trust them so much, this car was traveled 1,000+ miles to get there. This probably sounds cheesy, but I know my car is always in good hands at A and P Specialties. Thanks guys!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/17/2017

Good day Kelsey were glad Jet is driving well,we are very thankful for your faith in us. Thanks Alan & Paul.

KD
Kathy D.
Odell, OR
Volkswagen New Beetle
04/08/2017
Paul
It is awesome to come into a place and feel like they know and remember you. Like I am not just a "car".
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/10/2017

Thanks Kathy for the review we hope your vw beettle drives great all summer, Alan & Paul.

LA
Lee A.
Longview, WA
Porsche Carrera GT
03/30/2017 Category: Service
Lee said they did a good job of fixing his vehicle.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/03/2017

Thanks Lee we hope you have a great time driving your Porsche this summer. Alan & Paul.

NC
Nicole C.
Audi Q7
03/29/2017
Always great!
This is my second time at A&P Specialties - and for the second time these guys were the best priced for what I needed. Despite being down two service techs, they were still able to get me in the very next morning, and my battery was replaced (and car ready for pick-up) just a few hours later. Having bought my Audi used with about 60,000 miles on it, things are starting to go out, and the list of my service needs is growing. I'll be going to A&P for every one of them.

Jim A.
03/25/2017 Category: Service
Jim said he is a long term customer.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 03/29/2017

Thanks Jim for the review it means a lot to us Paul and I hope you have a geat summer, Alan.

CZ
Carsten Z.
Porsche Boxster
03/23/2017
Factory alarm system and key problems resolved
Alan, Paul, and team know what their cars. Fixed right the first thing me, every time for us.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 03/24/2017

Hello Carsten,

Thank you so much for the great review. I will be sure to pass on you comments to our hard working technicians that their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Kobe M.
Audi TT
03/15/2017
outstanding
great work done quickly
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 03/16/2017

Thanks Kobe for the review  we hope you enjoy your TT this summer. Alan & Paul.

Tim S.
Volkswagen Vanagon
03/09/2017
Above and beyond service!
The gentleman at A & P were terrific they actually stood behind there work. When parts they used became defective after 3 years and 16000 miles they gracicly repaired my vehicle and nogacated with there parts distributors. Terrific service!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 03/10/2017

Many thanks Tim for the review, Paul and I will always be here for anything your Vanagon may need. Thanks Alan.

MK
Myra K.
Milwaukie, OR
Audi Allroad
03/07/2017
Customer Review
I have been a customer of A&P Specialties for Audi service on an A4 Quattro and most recently for my current vehicle an Audi Allroad. I would not take my vehicle to any other shop as meeting my expectations are highly met on each and every visit; along with their customer service in providing assistance over the phone to diagnose a problem in the interim prior to bringing the car in for service. When the car is scheduled to be finished it is ready for pick-up and often times washed without being part of the repair. Also, the information that is provided to the customer is understandable and clear as I am not mechanically inclined and I what to understand the charges for the repair work. Now, if you would like me to recommend "courtesy service" in the Portland metro area after dropping off your car would be an added service that I would welcome not having to arrange with others. Also, not only do they accept major credit cards, but personal checks as this is my preferred method of payment. In summary, if you are not satisfied with your current shop don't hesitate and give a call and experience the outstanding customer service and work performed not having to return the vehicle for work not performed.
Regards,
Loyal Audi Customer
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 03/08/2017

Thanks Myra for taking the time for the review it is very appreciated we hope you have a great year, Alan & Paul.