Latest Review over 1 year ago

Aaron A.
Happy Valley, OR
Volkswagen Phaeton
04/15/2017
Access to dealer-level tech info
A&P invests in subscription software from the manufacturer that gives them dealer-level access to tech info about the VW they service for me. They can solve any problem the dealer can solve. Their prices seem to have gone way up in recent years, however. They are no longer a bargain, but they Allen and Paul are much more personable than Dick Hannah, the nearest VW dealer.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 04/19/2017

Thanks Aaron were sorry that the Pheaton is so complex and the cost to repair is high but I think you will agree that it is an awsome road car, Thanks for all the years of trust in us. Alan & Paul.

Justine S.
12/29/2016 Category: Service
Justine said they recommended a solution to the problem and even though it was done, her vehicle still did not work. She still had to pay for it.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 01/04/2017

Good afternoon we  thank you for the survey response and centainly understand your frustration on the heater problem,although the flushing improved the heat output slightly and the flushing needed to be done to determine the out come that the heater core needed replacement.we are glad that your son now has plenty of heat with the new heater core. Thanks again and please have a great new year. Alan & Paul.

Jurgan P.
12/28/2016 Category: Service
Jurgan said the business was good.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 01/04/2017

Thanks Jurgan we hope you have a great year, Alan & Paul.

JN
John N.
11/26/2016 Category: Service
John said the business is good at what they do.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 11/29/2016

Good day John thanks for taking the time review,we hope you have a great holiday season. Alan & Paul.

PC
Paula C.
Hood River, OR
08/22/2016
great place!
There was a mistake with the date of my appointment (online booking mis-read) but they squeezed me right in away and totally fixed everything I was concerned about and did an oil change. Paul is always friendly and nice to work with. He treats me with great respect and I don't feel ripped off or messed with just because I am a woman.

AY
Adrienne Y.
Volkswagen GTI
07/26/2016
Good service, professional
It was pretty easy & quick to get in to make an appointment. I was recommended to the shop by a friend with an older VW. The conversations i had on the phone with the company were for the most part good - in the beginning the person I was talking to was very patient with my questions, but by the last couple conversations he seemed a little annoyed to speak with me. The car was running great when it picked it up, I could notice a difference while driving it. Although the main reason why I brought my car into the shop had not changed, but no one could consistently replicate what I was experiencing. (There was a rev-ing in the engine while I was idling. The car still inconsistently does this.) The shop was able to accommodate me by leaving my car on the street so I could pick it up after business hours. My only complaint was that the spare key I lent the shop was in plain view in the car when I went to pick it up. Overall my experience was good.

AJ
Alonda J.
07/22/2016 Category: Service
Alonda said she was the most happy with the business but she was told one price for her oil change and she had also gotten a diagnostic done on her vehicle. They had told her what the price was going to be but after the repairs were completed they had given her a whole different price than what they said it would be the first time.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 07/25/2016

Dear Alonda I am glad we could find your intermittent transmission shifting problem,we hope that the selling dealer will help on tranamission repairs. Best regards. Alan & Paul.

PK
Paul K.
Oregon City, OR
Porsche Cayman
07/20/2016 Category: Service
Paul said there were other issues with the vehicle, that should have been caught by the mechanic. He will be taking the vehicle back. He still had a good experience.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 07/22/2016

Thanks Paul for taking the time to review,we always strive to keep your vehicle in top condition for your driving pleasure. Alan.

Dale G.
Happy Valley, OR
BMW 328i
06/30/2016 Category: Service
Dale said as far as the work he asked this business to do, they did a wonderful job providing service. However, he asked them to check all of the fluids. He just found out his coolant is low, so they obviously did not check that.
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 07/08/2016

Sorry about the coolant, we always strive to provide the best service thanks for letting me know, we hope you have a great summer.

AF
Alisa F.
05/14/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Alisa's husband. He said he already has recommended others to this business.