DAVID L.
Fairview, OR
08/05/2014
attention to detail going away, what happened to it?
just got in from Yakima after getting the car back, lucky to make it back. Spent $358 to fix runnability issues, made it 48 hours before it crapped out again. Had to wire tie vacumn line back on just so it would run. Check engine light back on. Would not trust my family in this car on a road trip until someone fix's this car properly. Used to have good luck with the shop, not so much anymore.
Rich J. from Affordable Car Doctor responded on 08/06/2014

Affordable Car Doctor is sad to hear that what we found wasnt a one time thing which was our thoughts becasue uncommon issue and hose we found off fit well. Just for clarity the bill was $350 and $250 of this bill was fixing heater control. Our bill for finding the runnability issue was $100, we couldnt charge you for a fix because we were unable to figure out that the car needed a fix at that time or that this was even going to be a problem. Thankful we were able to explain what we did fiind well enough for you to locate if it happen again...We absolutely always try and put our best foot forward, and our goal is to fix the car if its within our scope...Owner Rich

KP
Kathi p.
Nissan Pathfinder
07/26/2020
Customer service and very knowledgeable staff
Very fair prices for exceptional repairs

Nissan Pathfinder
06/10/2020
The staff and the way that you are treated, once you're there. I can better critque this business on another visit, I was only there for about forty minutes
My car was immediately taken care of and with care. I had two fog lights that were out, and nothing on my 1997 Pathfinder is easy to replace! The Car Doctor and his team, didn't have a problem replacing these two lamps for me. KUDOS to them....

Michelle B.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
01/11/2018
shake, rattle, and roll
I brought my car in because it was shaking and stalling. The check engine light came on. Eric was able to correct the issue and my car drives better than it did before.
Rich J. from Affordable Car Doctor responded on 01/18/2018

We appreciate your business, thank you

TP
Tilda P.
Oregon
11/16/2017 Category: Service
Tilda said she would recommend this business for service.

Sean C.
Ford Thunderbird
09/29/2015 Category: Service
Sean said this business was honest.

Janet H.
Dodge Intrepid
08/18/2015
They find the problem & fix it in a timely manner.
I had a problem with my radiator. They were able to find the problem, fix it and did not charge a great amount in the end. It's a small shop, but they do awesome work; and are very reasonable.

Jorden R.
Clackamas, OR
Jeep Cherokee
05/22/2015 Category: Service
Jorden said the business seemed like a good fit.

RF
Ryan F.
Toyota Pickup
03/31/2015 Category: Service
Ryan said he had certain expectations ahead of time. There were things that he was not aware of which happened.

JV
Jim V.
Nissan Pickup
10/27/2014 Category: Service
Jim said he had to take the vehicle back because he had no brakes.

CF
Charlene F.
Mazda Protege5
10/20/2014
2003 Protégé 5 says "Ahhhhhh"
My trusty Mazda seems to have avoided any engine damage from its clogged radiator. (How does that even happen? It's a closed system!) After replacing it with a new one including thermostat, cap and system flush, the car now runs cooler than it did before the repairs. Rich also replaced all the fluids and changed the oil for me since the car was almost at the 48K recommended service mileage. He is obviously knowledgeable and assumes his customer is savvy; he offers clear explanations if you're not. I felt comfortable asking him all the questions I wanted and he spent the time to answer without rushing.

Jim B.
Mercury Villager
07/24/2014
An honest shop
Did what he said he would do for an honest price.

TP
Tatiana p.
Jeep Patriot
10/22/2020
Best Mechanic Around
Most visits to the mechanic shop can be a headache. However at Car Doctor I had a great experience! I received a full car inspection and was told what I needed for my car to be fixed with no extras or gimics. I felt welcomed right away from the owner Rich who did my electric inspection right before closing and didn’t charge me just told me to come back to finish the rest of the Inspection the next day. Also to Eric who was very communicative and helped with the rest of the details needed to be done to the car. Good service and good pricing! Over all I would come back again and definitely refer this company to any friends needing to fix their vehicle.

DA
Dan A.
09/28/2020
Professional & upfront.
Hands down the best. They stand by there work. Friendly & knowledgeable. Top notch!

Dustin C.
Jeep Patriot
09/05/2020
Honest and reliable
I’ve gone to Rich a few times now, and I absolutely trust his judgment and that he won’t try to suggest things you don’t need for your car or take advantage of someone’s lack of knowledge. And his prices are affordable. He is my go-to for anything my car might need.