4.6

OO
Olaf O.
Elk Grove Village, IL
07/14/2020
Expedited the problem rapidly.
Thanks! You were very helpful.

KR
KELLEY R.
Rolling Meadows, IL
Chevrolet Cruze Limited
07/10/2020
Almost ripped off
After having AAA tow my car here due to overheating on the Fourth of July, I had the shop do some diagnostics to find out what was wrong with the vehicle and why it was overheating. Long story short they quoted me for service that was going to cost me almost $1900 on a 2016 Chevy Cruze. It didn’t occur to me to think about considering if any of this would be covered under my warranty since I only had 58k miles on it. When I told the shop that I was looking at another place to get another quote for the work due to price, he then told me he could look at after market parts that could then save me a couple hundred dollars. What’s $200 off if you’re already spending close to $2,000?

Long story short, I ended up bringing it to the dealership where all of the work that was needed was covered under the warranty. Funny thing is that when I brought it to the dealer and they did diagnostics, they did detect a leak but not that it was faulty parts just that there was something loose and once it was tightened the leak had COMPLETELY stopped.
I just feel like shops like this take advantage of single women and tell the customer about xyz problems when really maybe they’re just money hungry. Everybody was nice to me on the phone that I dealt with, Scott was very thorough with me but I could help but sense a little tension over the phone when I said I would be taking it elsewhere to get the work completed. At least now I’m not out $2,000 and my car is all fixed.

Robert B.
Mount Prospect, IL
Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
06/26/2020 Category: Service
Robert said Scott was outstanding , explained everything, , kept in touch and walked him through whole process. His vehicle is 21 years old, they ran into some problems, but he can't say enough about how Scott really went out of his way to help him. His starter went out, in a parking lot, at night and he was really in a bind. As a senior citizen, he feels like he was very well served by this business.They gave him a ride to pick up a rental , drove his vehicle to his house when it was done and returned the rental for him. He doesn't see how they could have done anything more..

Terry M.
Schaumburg, IL
Honda Civic Coupe
06/17/2020 Category: Service
Terry said she had a good experience.

MK
MAUREEN K.
Des Plaines, IL
06/15/2020
Excellent work and customer service
All About Automotive is our go-to mechanic for simple oil changes and the big stuff too. We started using them a few years ago when one of our cars was towed there. Their prices are always fair and the work is always done well. The staff is very friendly and Scott always does a great job at explaining the issues so we can understand.

RA
Ralph A.
Mount Prospect, IL
06/12/2020 Category: Service
Ralph said he has been going to this business for a while now and he has not had any issues.

Jack K.
Woodridge, IL
Lexus IS 250
06/10/2020
Will Not Return for Service
I have been a customer for over 5 years and have had several larger repair jobs ($2,000 plus) at the shop. I recently had the car in for a VSC and Service Engine light. When quoted for the job, I asked that the remainder of the car be inspected to determine if additional work was needed. (It is a high mileage car and I wasn't certain how much I was willing to invest). I was told that the belt tensioner and pulley that the shop recently replaced was making noise and that they would be replaced under warranty. I was called after the replacement occurred and told that the alternator was the source of the noise and not the replaced parts. Not wanting to invest further in the vehicle, I declined having the alternator replaced and picked up the vehicle. I was charged $420 for replacement of the Mass Airflow Sensor which was the original reason for bringing the car in. When driving the car away from the shop, I noticed squealing coming from the engine bay that I had not heard before. I drove it back to the shop only to be told that paying for the replacement of the alternator would resolve the problem. I explained that I only wanted to have the car returned to the original state it was in when I brought it in. Ultimately, I was offered the opportunity to listen to the alternator with the shop manager so that I can be certain that the noise was coming from the alternator. I had not experienced any problem with the alternator prior to it being dropped off at the shop and discovering that there is a problem with it now wouldn't resolve my concerns over the discrepancy over the condition of the car before it was serviced vs. afterwards. Given this experience and the pricing of recent repairs, I'll not be returning to the shop.

AW
Aaron W.
Palatine, IL
Hyundai Tucson
06/10/2020 Category: Service
Aaron said this business was very helpful with looking over his vehicle.

RICHARD B.
Wheeling, IL
Buick LeSabre
06/05/2020
over priced
recommended by aaa so i thought th
ey were legit but i was wrong they try to take advage and bully you ito doing the job with them over charge by 300 percent

DON B.
Park Ridge, IL
05/19/2020
Honest service with quality.
Honest & fairly priced service. Every thing is clearly communicated. A business of Excellence ! Don B

DAN W.
Des Plaines, IL
Ford Freestyle
05/16/2020
Great employees
Great employees, drivers and customer service

JEFF B.
Schaumburg, IL
Ford Fiesta
05/15/2020
A lifesaver
Every step was explained, and the work was completed in the timeframe given. Would absolutely recommend!

EB
ELIZABETH B.
Lindenhurst, IL
Mitsubishi Eclipse
05/14/2020
Kindness of a stranger- stranded in another town during COVID 19
I am a volunteer with my church. We grocery shop or drive seniors to their doctor's appointments during this stay at home time period. So I was with a passenger I had never met before. I noticed a strange noise while in a fast food parking lot and saw that my tire was COMPLETELY flat. The manager there told me where the nearest mechanic was and I slowly drove there, with a prayer. All to say it was a bit stressful until I parked my car at the mechanic's.

The manager at All About Automotive and Towing was very nice and told me fastest way to proceed with my AAA Auto Club. Soon my 2 tires were replaced and we were on the road again with 2 brand new Firestone tires. BTW, The entire staff was nice and kept us informed. They are professionals.

MICHELLE L.
Chicago, IL
05/06/2020
Friendly and efficient service
I had to take my car here for an unplanned urgent repair when my brakes failed, they were friendly and communicated quickly and clearly and even offered to drive my car to me (over 20 miles away) when it was complete. I will happily bring my car back to them in the future.

WC
William C.
Chicago, IL
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
04/20/2020 Category: Service
William said the business did a fabulous job considering the parts that were ordered came in wrong. He stated that the place made his son's day when it got completed. He added that he is going to be bringing his new vehicle here as well.