Jose F.
Blue Island, IL
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Jose said that the facility was the worst, he got an estimate for over $1,000 to repair his vehicle.

Daniel M.
Nissan NV200
04/04/2018 Category: Service
Daniel said the vehicle was not fixed properly. It had to be towed again.

NR
NICHOLAS R.
Elgin, IL
04/02/2018
Still Waiting on Quote Breakdown
Asked for an itemized rate quote and still have yet to receive. Was told it would only take a day, and it's been 5 days and counting now. Yet, the charge for $130 assessment was billed on time before I left. Asked for an assessment on the reliability and safety mechanics and instead received a litany of issues that don't exactly factor into either of these categories. Won't be going back nor recommending to anyone.

AR
ANISSA R.
Chicago, IL
01/07/2018
Not good
Unfortunately my car died on Christmas and negative temps so it was very busy. AAA recommended this place so I trusted it even if it was far away. However when I called, they never called back as promised so I called again next day only to be given a diagnoses and amount that was more than double what it should have ($900+). I found the part online ($200). I didn't want to order online due to possible warranty issues so found a shop closer to home that charged me less than half for part ($400) with warranty and asked AAA to move my vehicle. Their quote for everything including a battery was $1600+ whereas the new shop charged $700+. I feel they took advantage of the holiday, the demand, the wheathwr conditions and me.

CL
Christie and martin L.
12/21/2017
Poor business ethics
The owner chris promised me 1 tire. A day later I called the shop. It was never done. When I asked why he said that my wife called earlier and complained about the time its taking. And because she did he refused service unless my wife apologizes to him for it taking 2 days to mount 1 tire. We had our children w us. He made a scene in front of them so we left. Had to drive to nearest tire shop on the flat. All because the owner is childish and hates to be called out on his promise time lies. I've been a mechanic for 20 years and have never seen a buiseness treat people like this. Unprofessional and immature. They play games with the customers and their cars. This place gives mechanics a bad rep. Dont go here.

11/01/2017
Owner/Manager refuses to stand behind workmanship or agreed price quotes
Earlier on 10/13, owner had brake booster installed on 2008 Ford Edge only for me to lose all power brake assist while driving on freeway only one week later. After inspection, he explained power booster elbow valve and hose had leaks that both needed to be replaced to resolve continued loss of power assist. Even though he acknowledged this event could could have resulted in a fatality and the fact that I had just paid him $489 for a new brake booster, he refused to cover four day car rental fees -- awaiting arrival of replacement parts and also initially attempted to charge me the $45.60 in additional repair costs. After my complaining about his lack of willingness (as a AAA-certified operator) to honor his workmanship or provide accurate pricing (refer to earlier brake booster review), he tossed me the keys and changed it no charge, while still refusing to subsidize my car rental. Note: Both incidents have been formally reported to AAA corporate customer support.

11/01/2017
Owner reputation for overcharging until challenged with the real facts
Owner/Manager quoted me a new 2008 Ford Edge brake booster of $670 (parts & labor) which included my AAA 10% labor discount. After a few local dealership phone calls, learned that was exactly the standard dealer price quote. All About Automotive initially refused to adjust price quote until I threatened to contact AAA (who referred me to them) to express my concern. The very next day, the work was mirculaously done with at a price reduction to the more appropriate $489 (P&L) explaining he had misquoted earlier. If you decide to use them, check out all price quotes; also ensure they use OEM parts if they say they are charging you for original manufactured parts.

Ford Edge
10/20/2017 Category: Service
Reginald said the staff at this business tried to overcharge him. They quoted him a price and after a little research he found out it was too much. He told them he would report this to his insurance company and they dropped the price.

Kenneth B.
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Kenneth said this facility did not fix the original problem that he first took the vehicle in for. The vehicle didn't start so he had it towed in and they changed the starter but a month later it had the same problem. He and the person at the facility agreed that the problem was with the safety neutral switch and Kenneth bought the switch and person installed it but they never checked to make sure it was working properly. He had to take the vehicle to another facility and they eventually figured out that the switch was bad so it was replaced. It was a lot of inconvenience for him. The problem started in July and he spent $500 in services even though it was just a $15 part.

Roby C.
08/08/2017
dishonest towing situation
After hours of waiting for the tow truck to get to a grocery store parking lot, the truck driver parked his truck and never went around to find me, as I could see the truck parked 5 lanes down from where I was. When I called office they told me the tow truck driver didn't have a cell phone to contact me. So finally he decided to move his truck around the parking lot and I had to wave him down. Once he got my car hooked on from the parking space onto his truck you can imagine the rear of the car was facing the driver side.. When we arrived at the destination, with the address, he didn't wait any minutes to unload my car and parked it on the right side of the street, and I looked further down to see other cars were parked in the opposite direction of how he was about to park mine, I asked the tow driver, wait isn't that the wrong way? he replied It should be ok, you are not keeping it here too long? I said r u sure? he said yes. Well the next day I got a parking ticket and I didn't park the car, the car is mine, but I didn't put the car there. So Allaboutautomitive lying and stating I signed the sheet to release the car etc. yes I did but all it says on it: without any damages, it doesn't state about parking it in the wrong direction! Is the drive that Inexperience or Lazy to turn the truck around and park my car correctly? I was not responsible, they are responsible for the Ticket and should take care of it, if it was a mistake. period! will never rely on them ever, or AAA!

J F.
Grayslake, IL
07/27/2017
Untrustworthy
Took my car here, they quoted me $700.00 with all parts (which were supposed to be three engine mounts) and labor. When it came time to pick up the car it only got 1 mount not three (@over $200 a piece) I was still charged $660. Yes I got $50. Off on labor after they had my car a week with no calls. They said we were good to go.......my car made it 4 miles up Arlington has road and broke down! Tried to call him, did not answer. So now the car is junked, and I am out $610. Not honest at all, my mechanic at home would have told me not to put work into and just junk it. The car needed a trans that cost more than the car could ever be worth. Just so disappointed that they even did the work and took my money!

Tracy M.
Schiller Park, IL
06/05/2017
Rear End Work
We were recommended by AAA to this auto repair shop for a Tow after a rear end collision. The Tow dispatcher sold the shop's services for fixing the Rear End work. We didn't know where else to go so we went with the recommendation and the online reviews. The Exhaust system was damaged in the collision, when the system was replaced the chrome end caps that are supposed to be horizontal, look like CAT EYES (they are slanted). Aesthetically the tail pipes look shoddy at best. The body shop affiliate (Addison Auto Body) that did the bumper work failed to attach the rear wheel well shroud securely (there is a screw missing causing the fender to flop around). The spare tire assembly was dangling and was not secured properly upon the vehicle's delivery. Fortunately we were able to tighten the spare wheel more than 12 turns to secure to the undercarriage of the vehicle. The tow hitch cover was sealed shut and was not replaced with the original quick release tabs. When it was brought up that the job was not complete and we were not satisfied, the owner stumbled over his words trying to justify what happened speaking over the customer's explanation of issues. We just wanted the vehicle fixed CORRECTLY. A 2nd order of parts was needed and that was NOT complete (still missing the screw for the wheel well). The only good thing was the vehicle was clean upon its it return.

Blank B.
Chicago, IL
12/06/2016
Midnight tire repair/tow
Incredibly rude and not helpful at all. Unable to help and did not recommend other services. Left me on side of road middle of night.

TC
Terrible C.
Franklin Park, IL
08/23/2016
Terrible customer service
Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend using anybody else besides this poorly ran company.

TG
Tanisha G.
Chrysler Town
07/29/2016 Category: Service
Tanisha said that she is dissatisfied with the business. When she pulled out of the business, her engine light went back on. The person who was taking care of her vehicle disconnected the air bag wires, they gave bad customer service and charged her more. The only thing she was satisfied with was the tow driver who went to pick her up. He was one of the nicest persons she has met.

AH
avery h.
Rolling Meadows, IL
06/15/2016
air conditioning
for as friendly as everybody was,, as clean as the shop was, the good reviews i read, i give a huge fail in this case. i took the vehicle in to have what ever is used for refrigeration recharged. for th first day it was wonderful, beyond cold. however, the second day, it blew hot. i took it back in, they looked at it and said i needed a new condenser. yeah, ok, the vehicle was 12 years old at the time, the condenser could have been the original. i said i would wait till next year, as the ac season was almost over. however, it kept niggling at me that a condenser only is used when the ac is used, and i dont use it that often, how could it be bad if it is not used every day. what if it were a hose that was missed, what if a clamp was loose. so many questions. this year, as ac season came,, the questions were still with me. i made a two hour drive to another mechanic that has been used by my sister for 30 years. i asked him the same questions when i made the appointment. turns out there are two valves, along with everything else. an intake and an outtake. the outtake i supposed to be closed. if you claim your techs are ase certified, why did they not notice it? after all, they recharged it, they were under the hood looking at it to find the problem. how could it be missed and blamed on the condenser? interesting question. as nice as they are, as clean as the shop is, i felt i was being taken advantage of. i paid less to have the issue solved in 15 minutes than i did to have the ac recharged at all about automoive. i will neither recommend or say bad things, i will tell people to make their own judgments based on the reviews

OT
Omana T.
02/05/2016 Category: Service
Omana said his vehicle was totaled and the business kept his vehicle for another week without notifying him of the status. He had to call them to get an update so he could pick up the vehicle.