4.6

Elk Grove Village, IL
Jeep Compass
07/27/2020
Awful!!!
Run as fast as you can unless you don’t mind them ripping you off.

Carolyn M.
Wheeling, IL
07/22/2020
Avoid at all costs.
Chris the owner is a snake oil salesman and
a misogynist. He will lie through his teeth to get any money he can. My father takes care of my fully handicapped 22 year old sister who is in diapers that my 63 year old father has to change everyday. Yet this man Chris takes advantage of my father and when I called him and talked to him he kept calling me dear and honey. I asked him repeatedly not to call me names like that and asked him if he calls men the same thing. Even though I kept asking him not to call me, a 36 year old woman, baby names, he kept doing it.
Our car that we brought in was done for and this shop knew that, instead of telling my father that, he tells him if they take the engine apart they can fix it.
So my father pays 5k and the car comes back. We barely used it as covid was happening. So 1400 miles later my car breaks down and guess what there not a drop of oil in the car. How did my car go through 7 quarts of oil in 1400 miles?? So this man tells my dad the car is 2k over from the oil change date. Good thing I kept the sticker because I called him out and got him to admit that was another fabrication of the “truth”.
He said to me on the phone that he told my dad it wasn’t going to work yet that’s not what he told my father. A new engine is less that what they charged my dad to “clean the engine” but this guy just saw a pay day. He didn’t think about that he was ripping off a family who can’t afford it. Instead of having integrity and telling my father the problem can’t be fixed he decided to just make himself some cash. Also we have been trying to get my dead car back for days and they left us a voicemail saying they are getting back my car from a Chevy dealer?!?!? We still have no idea why it was there and why they didn’t mention that my car was going to be at a dealer. Shady all around.
I will tell everyone on the planet to avoid this shop at all costs.

Jack K.
Woodridge, IL
Lexus IS 250
06/10/2020
Will Not Return for Service
I have been a customer for over 5 years and have had several larger repair jobs ($2,000 plus) at the shop. I recently had the car in for a VSC and Service Engine light. When quoted for the job, I asked that the remainder of the car be inspected to determine if additional work was needed. (It is a high mileage car and I wasn't certain how much I was willing to invest). I was told that the belt tensioner and pulley that the shop recently replaced was making noise and that they would be replaced under warranty. I was called after the replacement occurred and told that the alternator was the source of the noise and not the replaced parts. Not wanting to invest further in the vehicle, I declined having the alternator replaced and picked up the vehicle. I was charged $420 for replacement of the Mass Airflow Sensor which was the original reason for bringing the car in. When driving the car away from the shop, I noticed squealing coming from the engine bay that I had not heard before. I drove it back to the shop only to be told that paying for the replacement of the alternator would resolve the problem. I explained that I only wanted to have the car returned to the original state it was in when I brought it in. Ultimately, I was offered the opportunity to listen to the alternator with the shop manager so that I can be certain that the noise was coming from the alternator. I had not experienced any problem with the alternator prior to it being dropped off at the shop and discovering that there is a problem with it now wouldn't resolve my concerns over the discrepancy over the condition of the car before it was serviced vs. afterwards. Given this experience and the pricing of recent repairs, I'll not be returning to the shop.

RICHARD B.
Wheeling, IL
Buick LeSabre
06/05/2020
over priced
recommended by aaa so i thought th
ey were legit but i was wrong they try to take advage and bully you ito doing the job with them over charge by 300 percent

Des Plaines, IL
04/09/2020
Poor
Made promises they couldn’t deliver on. Company is good for towing but not for servicing cars.

RT
ROSEMARY T.
Milwaukee, WI
Cadillac CTS
12/09/2019
Not a great place
I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS that I just had bought as I was on my way home to Milwaukee the line broke to the coolant an radiator well long story short they fix the line well one line I paid over 700 sum dollars for an for them to digressed the under body the other line wouldn’t go back in they stated that I would need a new radiator cause the bolt wasn’t holding the line in so they where trying to get me to pay them another 700 some dollars for a radiator an labor well I got my car towed back to Milwaukee an took it to a shop well the bolt they sent back that I paid for didn’t work because they took out the lock ring in the bolt to make it lock once I got the lock ring no problems every since they was trying to get more money out of me knowing I didn’t live there an just had bought the car the good thing the guy I bought it from paid half of the 700 for the lines to be fix they over charge you an then try to rip you off

AN
Andrew N.
Crown Point, IN
11/26/2019
Terrible company, very unprofessional
Called AAA and they dispatched this company to tow me because of a double flat, the driver had no idea how to understand basic driving directions and asked me if i had a towing kit for my car (wouldn’t a reputable tow company have this?). They decided to no call, no show, contacted them servers times and they refuse to answer the phone.

I would not recommend this company, they are very unprofessional. I have advised AAA and they are filing a complaints

RE
ron e.
Altadena, CA
08/07/2019
maybe 5 star for being a liar, a cheat, and a thief
Attention of Chris.

I made contact with you via the “Contact us part “ of your web page over two weeks ago re the problem we had with you, and you haven't even bothered to reply! I should have thought that a truly honest business man would be quick to defend his good name.
But as it looks like you are not a truly honest business man and don't have a good name, so there is nothing to defend.

By your actions you have stolen money from me, but this can be replaced in time. However what you have stolen from yourself cannot be replaced. You have robbed yourself of dignity and the right to stand amongst your peers as an honest and upright man. Instead by your actions you have chosen to adopt the mantle of a Liar, a Cheat, and a Thief.
It does not have to be this way, there are ample opportunities in your profession to make good and honest money...tens of thousands of others do it this way, and we the public are fortunate that we only come across your kind of L.C. T on the rare occasion that we let our guard down, and don't check you out before doing any kind of dealing with you.

I am a firm believer that what goes around, comes around, and come around it will.
I just hope that your wife and children will not be with you when the Bad Karma strikes you down as you truly deserve. When it does happen, just remember that it did not have to be this way, the choice was always yours.....and you chose to be the Liar, the Cheat, and the Thief.

May your life give you what you truly deserve!

Sincerely. Ron Edmond.

GH
Gary H.
07/21/2019
Some4 issues of concern
I AAA should be concerned with this location.I have used them a few times (AAA).
Seemed to get the issue resolved .
The part that is concerning there is the same guy that goes around the corner to the McDonald's parks their auto carrier tow truck practically in the middle of the lot.
Driving up to the drive through or just leaving from the drive through you are now forced to squeeze through their truck and parked cars.A child may run out or just a adult and will get hit by a car.Or if you are unlucky enough to have your car parked you wont be able to back up and leave.
The real reason Im writing this .Last night at 830 pm their van was driving on Arlington Heights Road no lights on at all .This is the insane part a Arlington heights Ambulance was comming up behind they had their light on though with alrms they refused to pull over as all do.Finally the ambulance was maybe 10-15 car spaces behind and really let the alarms off before he finally pulled from the left lane to the right.

Jerry T.
Lexus RX 400h
12/12/2018
Slow and Extremely Expensive
I am very unhappy with my experience at All About Automotive yesterday. My oil change took 90 minutes and was the most expensive oil change I've ever seen. I mentioned receiving the All About Automotive emails yet no discount or email was applied. Separate charges were assessed for the filter, oil, topping off fluids, labor, shop supplies, and then a tire rotation which very early (only 5,000 miles on those tires!!!!). $116 for an oil change and rotation. Obscene!

Next time I'll go to the dealer for a fraction of the cost plus many nice amenities (free car wash, nice waiting area, beverages, shoe shine, etc.). Or, I'll get a Groupon and go elsewhere for 70-80% less.

Jose F.
Blue Island, IL
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Jose said that the facility was the worst, he got an estimate for over $1,000 to repair his vehicle.

Daniel M.
Nissan NV200
04/04/2018 Category: Service
Daniel said the vehicle was not fixed properly. It had to be towed again.

NR
NICHOLAS R.
Elgin, IL
04/02/2018
Still Waiting on Quote Breakdown
Asked for an itemized rate quote and still have yet to receive. Was told it would only take a day, and it's been 5 days and counting now. Yet, the charge for $130 assessment was billed on time before I left. Asked for an assessment on the reliability and safety mechanics and instead received a litany of issues that don't exactly factor into either of these categories. Won't be going back nor recommending to anyone.

AR
ANISSA R.
Chicago, IL
01/07/2018
Not good
Unfortunately my car died on Christmas and negative temps so it was very busy. AAA recommended this place so I trusted it even if it was far away. However when I called, they never called back as promised so I called again next day only to be given a diagnoses and amount that was more than double what it should have ($900+). I found the part online ($200). I didn't want to order online due to possible warranty issues so found a shop closer to home that charged me less than half for part ($400) with warranty and asked AAA to move my vehicle. Their quote for everything including a battery was $1600+ whereas the new shop charged $700+. I feel they took advantage of the holiday, the demand, the wheathwr conditions and me.

CL
Christie and martin L.
12/21/2017
Poor business ethics
The owner chris promised me 1 tire. A day later I called the shop. It was never done. When I asked why he said that my wife called earlier and complained about the time its taking. And because she did he refused service unless my wife apologizes to him for it taking 2 days to mount 1 tire. We had our children w us. He made a scene in front of them so we left. Had to drive to nearest tire shop on the flat. All because the owner is childish and hates to be called out on his promise time lies. I've been a mechanic for 20 years and have never seen a buiseness treat people like this. Unprofessional and immature. They play games with the customers and their cars. This place gives mechanics a bad rep. Dont go here.