4.6

Sharon P.
Des Plaines, IL
Kia Soul
02/15/2020 Category: Service
Sharon said she bought a headlight at a different business and she brought it to the business to install. She stated that the business said that the bulb she bought was the wrong size. She wondered how it could be the wrong size when she bought the same size as the other headlight. The business installed the headlight that she got from them and she left. The next day, the headlight burned out. She took it back to the business astounded that the brand new headlight would burn out the next day. The business put in another bulb and the next day, the bulb burned out again. She went back to the business and asked that they install the bulb that she bought from the first business and it worked fine. It was the same size as the other side but it's just that the staff did not install it correctly. She wants to have a refund of the bulb she bought from the business. She would not recommend this business for service due to these issues.

RT
ROSEMARY T.
Milwaukee, WI
Cadillac CTS
12/09/2019
Not a great place
I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS that I just had bought as I was on my way home to Milwaukee the line broke to the coolant an radiator well long story short they fix the line well one line I paid over 700 sum dollars for an for them to digressed the under body the other line wouldn’t go back in they stated that I would need a new radiator cause the bolt wasn’t holding the line in so they where trying to get me to pay them another 700 some dollars for a radiator an labor well I got my car towed back to Milwaukee an took it to a shop well the bolt they sent back that I paid for didn’t work because they took out the lock ring in the bolt to make it lock once I got the lock ring no problems every since they was trying to get more money out of me knowing I didn’t live there an just had bought the car the good thing the guy I bought it from paid half of the 700 for the lines to be fix they over charge you an then try to rip you off

AN
Andrew N.
Crown Point, IN
11/26/2019
Terrible company, very unprofessional
Called AAA and they dispatched this company to tow me because of a double flat, the driver had no idea how to understand basic driving directions and asked me if i had a towing kit for my car (wouldn’t a reputable tow company have this?). They decided to no call, no show, contacted them servers times and they refuse to answer the phone.

I would not recommend this company, they are very unprofessional. I have advised AAA and they are filing a complaints

RT
Rich T.
Glenview, IL
09/23/2019 Category: Service
Rich said the business charged him a lot of money to put a starter in his vehicle and they were not negotiable. He also said they wanted to charge him to put their radiator in and not the new one he purchased somewhere else.

RE
ron e.
Altadena, CA
08/07/2019
maybe 5 star for being a liar, a cheat, and a thief
Attention of Chris.

I made contact with you via the “Contact us part “ of your web page over two weeks ago re the problem we had with you, and you haven't even bothered to reply! I should have thought that a truly honest business man would be quick to defend his good name.
But as it looks like you are not a truly honest business man and don't have a good name, so there is nothing to defend.

By your actions you have stolen money from me, but this can be replaced in time. However what you have stolen from yourself cannot be replaced. You have robbed yourself of dignity and the right to stand amongst your peers as an honest and upright man. Instead by your actions you have chosen to adopt the mantle of a Liar, a Cheat, and a Thief.
It does not have to be this way, there are ample opportunities in your profession to make good and honest money...tens of thousands of others do it this way, and we the public are fortunate that we only come across your kind of L.C. T on the rare occasion that we let our guard down, and don't check you out before doing any kind of dealing with you.

I am a firm believer that what goes around, comes around, and come around it will.
I just hope that your wife and children will not be with you when the Bad Karma strikes you down as you truly deserve. When it does happen, just remember that it did not have to be this way, the choice was always yours.....and you chose to be the Liar, the Cheat, and the Thief.

May your life give you what you truly deserve!

Sincerely. Ron Edmond.

GH
Gary H.
07/21/2019
Some4 issues of concern
I AAA should be concerned with this location.I have used them a few times (AAA).
Seemed to get the issue resolved .
The part that is concerning there is the same guy that goes around the corner to the McDonald's parks their auto carrier tow truck practically in the middle of the lot.
Driving up to the drive through or just leaving from the drive through you are now forced to squeeze through their truck and parked cars.A child may run out or just a adult and will get hit by a car.Or if you are unlucky enough to have your car parked you wont be able to back up and leave.
The real reason Im writing this .Last night at 830 pm their van was driving on Arlington Heights Road no lights on at all .This is the insane part a Arlington heights Ambulance was comming up behind they had their light on though with alrms they refused to pull over as all do.Finally the ambulance was maybe 10-15 car spaces behind and really let the alarms off before he finally pulled from the left lane to the right.

Jerry T.
Lexus RX 400h
12/12/2018
Slow and Extremely Expensive
I am very unhappy with my experience at All About Automotive yesterday. My oil change took 90 minutes and was the most expensive oil change I've ever seen. I mentioned receiving the All About Automotive emails yet no discount or email was applied. Separate charges were assessed for the filter, oil, topping off fluids, labor, shop supplies, and then a tire rotation which very early (only 5,000 miles on those tires!!!!). $116 for an oil change and rotation. Obscene!

Next time I'll go to the dealer for a fraction of the cost plus many nice amenities (free car wash, nice waiting area, beverages, shoe shine, etc.). Or, I'll get a Groupon and go elsewhere for 70-80% less.

Jose F.
Blue Island, IL
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Jose said that the facility was the worst, he got an estimate for over $1,000 to repair his vehicle.

Daniel M.
Nissan NV200
04/04/2018 Category: Service
Daniel said the vehicle was not fixed properly. It had to be towed again.

NR
NICHOLAS R.
Elgin, IL
04/02/2018
Still Waiting on Quote Breakdown
Asked for an itemized rate quote and still have yet to receive. Was told it would only take a day, and it's been 5 days and counting now. Yet, the charge for $130 assessment was billed on time before I left. Asked for an assessment on the reliability and safety mechanics and instead received a litany of issues that don't exactly factor into either of these categories. Won't be going back nor recommending to anyone.

Ted M.
Mount Prospect, IL
Audi Q7
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Ted said this business is very nice and polite but he thinks they are not able to work on Audis. He took his vehicle to the Audi dealership and it took care of the problem.

AR
ANISSA R.
Chicago, IL
01/07/2018
Not good
Unfortunately my car died on Christmas and negative temps so it was very busy. AAA recommended this place so I trusted it even if it was far away. However when I called, they never called back as promised so I called again next day only to be given a diagnoses and amount that was more than double what it should have ($900+). I found the part online ($200). I didn't want to order online due to possible warranty issues so found a shop closer to home that charged me less than half for part ($400) with warranty and asked AAA to move my vehicle. Their quote for everything including a battery was $1600+ whereas the new shop charged $700+. I feel they took advantage of the holiday, the demand, the wheathwr conditions and me.

CL
Christie and martin L.
12/21/2017
Poor business ethics
The owner chris promised me 1 tire. A day later I called the shop. It was never done. When I asked why he said that my wife called earlier and complained about the time its taking. And because she did he refused service unless my wife apologizes to him for it taking 2 days to mount 1 tire. We had our children w us. He made a scene in front of them so we left. Had to drive to nearest tire shop on the flat. All because the owner is childish and hates to be called out on his promise time lies. I've been a mechanic for 20 years and have never seen a buiseness treat people like this. Unprofessional and immature. They play games with the customers and their cars. This place gives mechanics a bad rep. Dont go here.

Reginald S.
Saint Charles, IL
11/01/2017
Owner/Manager refuses to stand behind workmanship or agreed price quotes
Earlier on 10/13, owner had brake booster installed on 2008 Ford Edge only for me to lose all power brake assist while driving on freeway only one week later. After inspection, he explained power booster elbow valve and hose had leaks that both needed to be replaced to resolve continued loss of power assist. Even though he acknowledged this event could could have resulted in a fatality and the fact that I had just paid him $489 for a new brake booster, he refused to cover four day car rental fees -- awaiting arrival of replacement parts and also initially attempted to charge me the $45.60 in additional repair costs. After my complaining about his lack of willingness (as a AAA-certified operator) to honor his workmanship or provide accurate pricing (refer to earlier brake booster review), he tossed me the keys and changed it no charge, while still refusing to subsidize my car rental. Note: Both incidents have been formally reported to AAA corporate customer support.

Reginald S.
Saint Charles, IL
11/01/2017
Owner reputation for overcharging until challenged with the real facts
Owner/Manager quoted me a new 2008 Ford Edge brake booster of $670 (parts & labor) which included my AAA 10% labor discount. After a few local dealership phone calls, learned that was exactly the standard dealer price quote. All About Automotive initially refused to adjust price quote until I threatened to contact AAA (who referred me to them) to express my concern. The very next day, the work was mirculaously done with at a price reduction to the more appropriate $489 (P&L) explaining he had misquoted earlier. If you decide to use them, check out all price quotes; also ensure they use OEM parts if they say they are charging you for original manufactured parts.