RY
RONALD Y.
12/22/2020
Awful
Rude rude rude over priced

LC
Lorraine C.
Chevrolet Colorado
10/15/2020 Category: Service
Lorraine said she spent $429 to fix a problem that wasn't repaired.

AG
ANTHONY G.
Dodge Neon
11/01/2019
High Prices
Paid 240.00 to work on car - I ran the oil low- Oil light still beeping next day - Came back - and you guys wanted to charge 125 bucks just to look at it again !!

Jason S.
08/29/2019 Category: Service
Jason said that his service was pretty bad. He stated he went to the facility to have a repair done and he paid a whole bunch of money because it was a BMW. He said that the staff broke a part on his vehicle and Mickey-Moused it back together thinking that he would not notice. He stated that the staff said they replaced the part but they didn't. He mentioned they rigged up the vehicle so that it would run but he still did not get anything fixed. He will not be going back to this location.

PV
PHIROM V.
Colton, CA
Ford Econoline Wagon
04/07/2019
Over charged.
It is not a good place to fix the car at all. Stay away if there are other option. My van might be cost a lot less if I go somewhere else. It cost $822 for 1 fuse box and labor. They just make it look more complicated, so they charg you extra.

IS
ISSAC S.
Ford Edge
09/16/2018
a little expensive
Thank you for taking care of my Ford in an expeditious time. I came in with my engine lite on and was charged 111.00 to discover I was low on oil. I was charged an additional amount of 29.43 which I okayed. THe other 203.24 was in my opinion an oil change. I have always been happy with your work but as a senior on a fixed income I must take my business elsewhere. Your prices are too high.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 09/17/2018

Issac we spoke this morning regarding your past visit,
You came in for a check engine warning lamp diagnostic, you had a History P0012 trouble code:
Camshaft Position A Timing over retarded (Bank 1),
We performed Camshaft Actuator test to confirm proper operation and verified cam and crank position sensors were in Sync- OK. system is performing as designed. This trouble code occured in the past and is not occuring at this time Inspected engine oil level-
It was extremly low and very dirty. Recommend oil service with vehicle inspection-$67.36 with synthectic blend motor oil. Upon inspection of vehicle we recommended a air filter-$20.61, and Battery Service-$36.55 for a grand Total of $238.52. You mentioned you did not receive your AAA Discount, You need to show us the card as for we don't know who is AAA and who is not. You also said you are have a limited income, then we can
defer some of the services. Again Issac I value you,
and you have been Patronizing AutoTech for many years now. And whatever need  Please let me know, we can make it happen.
Again Thank you for your Bussiness!
Tony

MK
Mostafa K.
Kia Spectra
09/07/2017
Extremely overpriced
They wanted to charge me $210 for an AC blower replacement that costs $60 for the part and literally has 3 screws to tighten and is in an accessible location just under the glove compartment. Did it myself, took only 10 minutes and saved myself $150.

Calvin H.
Saturn Vue
06/25/2016 Category: Service
Calvin said this business was overpriced and did not diagnose his vehicle correctly. They indicated that there was a problem with his lights and there was no problem with his lights. He said he felt they were trying to get over on him. He takes his state vehicles there and they did not treat him fairly.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 07/03/2016

Calvin I spoke with you regarding the a/c service that we performed on your vehicle, The reason why we did not add freon to your vehicle, was you had a hole in your A/C manafold hose assembly andf a slight seepage coming from the a/c compressor housing. Jared spoke with you about what needed to be done to your a/c system, and you declined replacement of the defective parts  When I spoke with you regarding the cost of the parts,
you said that you could have gotten the parts online. My reason
that the parts I was selling you came with a 2year, 24k mile parts and labor warrenty! and these parts are good quality parts! not
cheap china imported parts that you stated you could buy online!
We stand behind our workmanship and parts and would not use those cheap parts!I know that day we checked out you a/c problem it was extremly hot and muggy, you still wanted us to charge your a/c system with freon. But from experiance we knew that you a/c would of blown cold for maybe 30 minutes and it would be hot again.! I am very sorry that we could not accomodate your wishes. But we can't do business this way knowing the the we installed inferior parts.

Susan M.
05/14/2016 Category: Service
Susan said she is unhappy with the business. From the first time she took her vehicle in, the vehicle is still not working correctly. For the reason stated, she would not recommend this business for service.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 05/16/2016

On may 16th 7pm.I just left a message for Susan to call me back, On dec 31st 2015 we performed a oil service and rear brake service. On 3-26-16 i had left Susan a message regarding her previouse  service with us, She called back and stated her brake were squeaking when backing out of her driveway. No problem please bring the vehicle back for us to reinspect the rear brakes that we just serviced. She brought the Nissan back to us on Tuesday may 3rd.. her boyfriend Nick brought the car to us, He said he did not here any brake squeaks but noticed the ABS WARNING LAMP WAS ON, I said let me have it the day and we will look at the brakes. We inspected the rear brakes, they were fine. I called Nick to see if we can keep the nissan overnight to see if we can experiance the brake squeak,and also obtained approval to check out the abs waring lamp. He said sure. WE checked the abs system it had a C1120: front left inlet solenoid open or shorted to power or ground, we performed diagnostics and Reccomended the abs pump and module be replaced to solve the abs warning lamp from coming on. Susan declined that repair. Upon backing out of the shop in the morning we definatly heard brake squeaking from the rear and also from the front brakes. We burnished the brake rotors and the brake pads to remove any glaze on them. We road tested the nissan again when cold and backing out just like the day before. There was no squeak from the rears but did hear a squeak coming from the front brakes. Advised Susan to take her nissan back to where they had done her front brakes

SOLOMON B.
Ford Bronco
10/22/2015
The service
Charge way too much. Did not have the tools to do the job

ROSIE R.
Lake Elsinore, CA
BMW 328i
05/28/2014
Can I have my car parts back?!
$455 to change 6 spark plugs? I just did the change myself in less than an hour with a new cabin filter. After the $108 diagnostic check you forgot to put on the two covers on each side of the cabin filter housing. I'm going to have my wife stop by and get them. Thanks guys, you've been a big help!

LAQUINTHIA M.
Moreno Valley, CA
Saturn SC2
03/25/2014
Owner should retire
Jared or whatever his name is was very helpful and polite. The owner was rude and EXTREMELY slow. I went for a simple oil change and inspection that was supposed to take ONE hour. I spent an HOUR AND A HALF waiting. Service was overpriced. Won't be back.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 03/31/2014

Laquinthia, I am Sorry the Oil Service took a half hour
longer that it should have! It was the lunch hour and
as you saw there was a few cars ahead of your car.
The cost of your oil service including a complete vehicle inspection including tax was only $45.71.
A small price for the driver of a vehicle to know their vehicle is safe and have peace of mind while driving your car, and if there are any Reccomendations, you can plan any future repairs. Again I am very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations!

MIKE P.
Norco, CA
MINI Cooper
12/09/2013
Damaged my vehicle, was unable to fix it, then refused to cover the repair costs
Took my MINI Cooper in for a water pump replacement (~$700). Unable to consistently start my car after getting it back. Had my car towed back the next day to see what the problem was. It started for them and they claimed it was the immobilizer. Once back home, it would not start again. Had it towed to Autotech a second time. After 4 days, they could not determine the problem and admitted that they did not have the proper tools to diagnose. They recommended I get it towed to a dealer.

Had it towed to another mechanic that was able to identify the problem: the wiring harness that passes over the water pump was crushed (tool marks pressed into the insulation) and torn. All of the wires were bright copper (i.e. no dust or oxidation = new damage). There has been no other engine bay repairs for over 18 months.

I presented documentation to the owner, Tony Solorio, including my request that he refund the original Autotech repair costs, which totaled less than the harness repair and towing fees. Tony claimed that the wires appeared to have been chewed and that there was no way Autotech could have been responsible for the damage. He refused my offer to look at the harness in person. Autotech has opted to allow third party arbitrators to decide.

Mark B.
Huntington Beach, CA
Ford Aerostar
11/06/2013 Category: Service
Mark said this business wanted to charge him $193 to diagnose his vehicle. He can get free diagnostics all over town.

RALPH B.
Chevrolet Cavalier
05/16/2013
AC non-repair
I was told of slow leak in front gasket, was told it will leak down but maybe would last through summer. it lasted less than one hour. I have no AC and loss of $184.00.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 05/22/2013
Ralph when we serviced your a/c we detected a freon leak at the shaft seal on your a/c compressor, we gave you a quote on the compressor replacement. You opted to not replace the compressor. You asked how long would the freon stay in the system? there is no way that we can say how long the system would blow cold, it may last the summer or just one day.