STEVE W.
Hyundai Santa Fe
06/20/2020
Let's communicate better
Here's what I experienced in a visit to AT for a smog check last week. The work was done as expected, in a timely manner and the data, as always, sent to the DMV. That was fine. However, I have to question whether AT is doing right by customers during the pandemic. They are offering to pick cars from home and return them after service. That's great. What's not so great is not being aware of it until you're at the shop. I didn't know this was possible until I read it on a printout taped to the restroom doors. I spoke by phone to AT three times to set up my appointment; none of the staff mentioned this as an option. I admit it was posted on the web site, but I didn't need to visit the site. Also, some staff and some patrons wore masks, and some did not. The normal waiting area was cordoned off, but as no suggestions were offered for alternatives, I waited in the break room. If I'd known about the pickup/delivery option, I sure would have used it, given those conditions. So I would just say, let's communicate better, shall we?

Mary L.
Toyota Prius c
09/06/2018 Category: Service
Mary said that the service was good, but she had to go back because the business forgot to reset the maintenance required light on her dash.

Jose A.
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Jose said he was told the repair would cost $118 and then he was told it would cost $180.

RT
Rayce T.
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Rayce said that when he had his vehicle towed he thought they would look at it right away but it was not looked at until the next day.

BJ
Brayden J.
07/15/2017 Category: Service
Brayden said the staff at this business was pretty rude to him when he called them to get information on getting a smog test done on his vehicle. The employee he was speaking with over the phone was pretty rude and he ended up hanging up on him when he was asking questions. He would not recommend the business for service.

AA
Alejandro A.
Grand Terrace, CA
Ford F450 Super Duty
06/28/2017 Category: Service
Alejandro said he did not like the service at this business. He said he had to go somewhere else to get his vehicle fixed.

ES
Elias S.
Lexus LS 400
03/21/2017 Category: Service
Elias said this business was friendly and nice. The prices were good, however the service took much longer than expected.

STEPHEN C.
Volkswagen Jetta
10/24/2016
VW Jetta Repairs
My daughter lives in Oceanside. I brought her newly purchased '03 VW Jetta in for major engine work and oil leak. I asked if they could check to see if there was any other repairs to be made (since the car was going back to O'side)- which there were none found. AutoTech had the car for two weeks. After the first week, I went in to see the progress. The car was on a lift with the engine out and both of the front tires removed. It was finished as promised and I returned the car back to my daughter.. Unfortunately, there was additional work needed- both front struts and control arms as well as a leak in the oil pan gasket- which was completed in O'side. Since the front wheels had been removed in the first week, the struts and control arms issues could have been addressed and maybe saved time and money, the oil pan gasket (?).

TU
Tanya U.
Corona, CA
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/17/2015 Category: Service
Tanya said the service was pretty good at this business.

Roxane M.
BMW 750iL
04/18/2015 Category: Service
Roxane said she had brought her vehicle to be serviced at this business and they were waiting to hear from the Bureau of Automotive Repair. After two months of waiting she called the business to find out when her vehicle would be ready. The business stated they had not gotten any return phone calls from the Bureau of Automotive Repair and that they had not done anything with her vehicle at that point. They told her if she did not get this figured out soon, they were going to start charging her storage fees. She said she was pleased with the repair they ended up doing but said she had to go elsewhere to get her vehicle to pass the smog inspection. She said she was happy with the price.

Amanda B.
Highland, CA
03/10/2015 Category: Service
Amanda said her brake lights were not working. The business charged her $20.97 for parts and $105 for labor. They did get the repair done in a timely manner and they were nice, but she was not happy with the cost.

VC
Virdina C.
Ontario, CA
Nissan Sentra
02/14/2015 Category: Service
Virdina said this business overcharged her and she would not recommend them as a result.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 02/20/2015

I followed up with Virdina, Asking how her Sentra was running after we replaced her bad battery. She said she was happy, She
had previously called after picking up her car asking why there were no warning lamps on, I said that any vehicle that we work on, we always check and adjust the tire pressure and that was why she did not have any warning lamps staying on. She still
thought that we were too high!. She had her car towed in after it died on the frwy. We checked it out and replaced her battery with a 65 month prorated battery all for $233.00, We verified that the charging system was charging and the computor  did not have any trouble codes. I don''t know about you, But $233.00 is a fair amount to pay for (peace of mine) knowning that your car won't
break down on the frwy.

BOB B.
12/30/2014
Autotech
We had our Lexus repaired at autotech. However we brought it in for pulling to the right. It still pulls to the right.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 12/31/2014

Hello Bob I called you this morning regarding your Lexus, Inquiring about the check engine warning lamp was it staying off?, We replaced the air/fuel sensor, You said the light has not come on again; I also reminded you that the left front strut must be bent because the Camber was out of the specs and when you picked up the vehicle I gave you an estimate on replacement of both front struts to correct the Camber and the pull to the right. I also said that the Vehicle has 110k miles on it and the struts are the originals, so we should replace the rear struts also so this Lexus will ride like it should. Thank you Bob. Tony

Robert C.
Dodge Charger
08/12/2014 Category: Service
Robert said this business has great customer service. He was not pleased with the fact that he had to take his vehicle back three different times before it was finally fixed.

CR
Cristina R.
05/08/2014 Category: Service
Cristina said they tried to convince her to do something that was not as urgent as they made it seem. She would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 05/10/2014

When a oil service is done, we inspect the vehicle. the front brakes
had 6mm. of life left anf the rear brakes have .5mm of life left.
I brought that to her attention- we reccomend a brake service when the lining is at or under 2mm. of life left. She stated that she was parking the car and going overseas for a while. Lets hope she remembers to have the rear brakes done when she starts to drive her car when she gets back from overseas!
other wise she may have to replace the rear brake drums
 because she only had .5mm of life left, and when the brake lining is gone the drums can be damaged because of the metal to metal contact which will cost her more then instead of being more proactive to her manitenance needs.