Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Linda G. ReScore Review on 01/07/2015
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Linda said this business was unable to fix the problem with her vehicle.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 12/11/2014
Review Created: 12/17/2014

Linda said she has to take her vehicle back to the business because the original issue was not resolved.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 12/11/2014
Review Created: 12/17/2014
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 12/31/2014

Hi Linda,Whenever we have a problem with a vehicle, We look for Factory Recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) pertaining to that particular Drivability Problem which there was a recall for intermittent engine dying while driving. You took your pontiac to the dealer for the recall. The Recall did not solve that dying problem. You brought it back to us and we road tested your vehicle and could not duplicate that issue, We researched your Maintenance History, and because of the vehicle mileage a  Throttle body Service and Tune up was due. We Performed that and again road tested with no problems.     We had your Pontiac back in our shop to try duplicate
the intermittent engine dying problem you were complaining about. We road tested your vehicle numerous times with our fuel pressure gauge and engine scanners connected to your vehicle.
We did not experience the problem that you described, but after 2 hours of driving your car I did experience a problem with your transmission shifting hard. After talking to Lee, he stated both of you had experienced that problem in the past. The engine dying while driving issue is not apparent at this time. We may have to wait till the problem is more apparent! Intermittent problems are very hard to repair, We don't want to start guessing and replacing unnecessary parts in attempt to fix this very intermittent issue.

MIKE W. J. ReScore Review on 02/29/2012
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"hogwash"
the recipt i have says 140, and we were charged for the smog test when your shop admitted that the testing machine was down.
Vehicle: Saturn SC2
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM

"Not a good place"
I decided to try this place because they were the best reviewed online (the employees must have been boosting their buisness) the person at the front counter could not have been bothered to take the burger out of his mouth to talk to me, but i did not listen to my gut for this warning, after a $140 checkout, they told me fuel was in the oil, (an impossibility) and they condemmed my catylitic converter, which they quoted me at $750 for repairs, i decided to check else ware and found another mechanic who did a better job for less than 300. long and short of it is, these guys suck hard
Vehicle: Saturn SC2
Service Date: 02/17/2012
Review Created: 02/24/2012 12:24 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 02/28/2012
You brought your vehicle to us with numerious failed inspections "4 or 5". The most recent inspection was 1 month old! We reccomended a pretest to see what needed to be addressed. The vehicle failed the pretest only at the 25mph. part of the test, Only by 5ppm of hc's. max-41ppm. tested 46ppm. At the 15 mph. test, the Max was 81ppm. we measured-80ppm. We are a Official Test and Repair Smog Check Station. We were trained to repair the vehicle with the most cost effective repairs, In this case we found excessive hc's in the crankcase=1600ppm. which if the oil was replaced, that may have brought the emissions down enough to pass the smog check! We also noted the catalytic convertor was testing weak, However you declined any further repairs! And by the way the Diagnostics was only $98.00
VIRGIL (CHUCK) H. on 10/13/2017
"consistent good work"
explain repairs well and suggest possible options
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 10/11/2017
Review Created: 10/13/2017 08:59 AM
SEAN O. on 10/12/2017
"Service Above and Beyond"
My wife and I were looking for an oil change, when after signing in with Jiffy Lube, the call back to tell her there is a radiator leak and they are not allowed to service the car. The car had overheated and was in the RED! We had it towed to a shop that had apparently closed early, but was assured to me to be AAA rated. We spoke to the shop in the morning and while he checked it out, he was unable to apply any repairs, but recommended another shop "AutoTech". We brought the list of what was done by the first shop to AutoTech and they proceeded where the first left off. Our car turned out to be in good shape and needed little repair. The radiator had just overheated and the engine block was not cracked. Where some mechanics will try to take advantage of a woman driver, the team at AutoTech were more than fair!!
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 09:37 PM
JOHN A. on 10/12/2017
"The service is Great!"
The guys at Auto Tech will take care of you. I have been taking my cars here for years and have always been given excellent service at a fair price.
Vehicle: INFINITI G35 Sedan
Service Date: 10/11/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 09:23 PM
Joseph P. on 09/29/2017
Joseph said the business was on time and their work was good. However the price was a bit expensive.
Vehicle: Chevrolet
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017
Tina E. on 09/19/2017
Tina said the staff took her vehicle right away. They got her in and out fast.. She said it was an easy process.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
Service Date: 09/13/2017
Review Created: 09/19/2017
Ruby W. on 09/15/2017
Ruby said she liked the service.
Vehicle: Buick Riviera
Service Date: 09/11/2017
Review Created: 09/15/2017
JOHN Z. on 09/14/2017
"I am a new customer and I will be back"
I was having issues with my 2008 Chevy Cobalt thermostat. Autotech checked out the car which was okay, topped off the fluid, we decided to change the thermostat anyway... as long as the car was in the shop and I was worried about it. They did quality work at a fair price. Car runs great. Jared kept me informed at all times, all the employees I met were friendly, and knowledgeable. I like the shop.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cobalt
Service Date: 09/13/2017
Review Created: 09/14/2017 08:23 PM
Dian E. on 09/11/2017
Dian said she has visited this business 2 or 3 times before and they are honest. They seem professional, thorough and generally helpful. She likes their set up better than the gas station setups. She was very satisfied with their service and their willingness to help. They move her vehicle when it is ready for her. They have good customer service and she likes their free pens because they are nice.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 350
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
SUSAN F. on 09/08/2017
"Awesome"
From the initial call to the very end , very nice people excellent work , had me in and out in the same day!!! I will bring my car in every time!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Spark
Service Date: 09/07/2017
Review Created: 09/08/2017 10:36 PM
CHARLES B. on 09/08/2017
"Get back on the road with Autotech"
I will admit this unassuming enterprise is easy to miss. I foresee that is about to change. There is a new vibe with seasoned mechanics, service and customer first attitude. My vehicle has over 250K and is running like new. I would shop around for service but give Autotech a chance to bid for your business. You may find your new hometown mechanic here in Riverside.
Vehicle: GMC Pickup
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 09/08/2017 10:23 PM
Mostafa K. on 09/07/2017
"Extremely overpriced"
They wanted to charge me $210 for an AC blower replacement that costs $60 for the part and literally has 3 screws to tighten and is in an accessible location just under the glove compartment. Did it myself, took only 10 minutes and saved myself $150.
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 09/07/2017 08:42 PM
Edward Z. on 08/28/2017
Edward said the mechanic communicated with him very well and the work was done in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 08/18/2017
Review Created: 08/28/2017
LORI S. on 08/24/2017
"Autotech family"
Friendly, caring people with excellent service
Vehicle: Kia Rio
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 01:29 PM
John R. on 08/21/2017
John said this business was reasonable and honest.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/21/2017
MARY D. on 08/19/2017
"trustworthy reliable "
5years ago Auto Club recommended them and I never looked back.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 10:34 AM
Sam Q. on 08/17/2017
Sam said the service from this business was good and fast.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Astro Passenger
Service Date: 08/14/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017
Ralph C. on 08/17/2017
Ralph said he has an older vehicle and he's had a lot of problems with it. The staff really knows how to troubleshoot the problems with the vehicle.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017
ELVIA G. on 08/16/2017
"Honest & Efficient"
Outstanding service, as always! I know that I can trust their work.
Vehicle: Kia Forte