Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Linda G.
California
Pontiac Grand Prix
12/17/2014 Category: Service
Linda said this business was unable to fix the problem with her vehicle.

12/17/2014 Category: Service
Linda said she has to take her vehicle back to the business because the original issue was not resolved.
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 12/31/2014

Hi Linda,Whenever we have a problem with a vehicle, We look for Factory Recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) pertaining to that particular Drivability Problem which there was a recall for intermittent engine dying while driving. You took your pontiac to the dealer for the recall. The Recall did not solve that dying problem. You brought it back to us and we road tested your vehicle and could not duplicate that issue, We researched your Maintenance History, and because of the vehicle mileage a  Throttle body Service and Tune up was due. We Performed that and again road tested with no problems.     We had your Pontiac back in our shop to try duplicate
the intermittent engine dying problem you were complaining about. We road tested your vehicle numerous times with our fuel pressure gauge and engine scanners connected to your vehicle.
We did not experience the problem that you described, but after 2 hours of driving your car I did experience a problem with your transmission shifting hard. After talking to Lee, he stated both of you had experienced that problem in the past. The engine dying while driving issue is not apparent at this time. We may have to wait till the problem is more apparent! Intermittent problems are very hard to repair, We don't want to start guessing and replacing unnecessary parts in attempt to fix this very intermittent issue.

MJ
MIKE W. J.
Saturn SC2
02/24/2012
hogwash
the recipt i have says 140, and we were charged for the smog test when your shop admitted that the testing machine was down.

02/24/2012
Not a good place
I decided to try this place because they were the best reviewed online (the employees must have been boosting their buisness) the person at the front counter could not have been bothered to take the burger out of his mouth to talk to me, but i did not listen to my gut for this warning, after a $140 checkout, they told me fuel was in the oil, (an impossibility) and they condemmed my catylitic converter, which they quoted me at $750 for repairs, i decided to check else ware and found another mechanic who did a better job for less than 300. long and short of it is, these guys suck hard
The Autotech F. from Autotech responded on 02/28/2012
You brought your vehicle to us with numerious failed inspections "4 or 5". The most recent inspection was 1 month old! We reccomended a pretest to see what needed to be addressed. The vehicle failed the pretest only at the 25mph. part of the test, Only by 5ppm of hc's. max-41ppm. tested 46ppm. At the 15 mph. test, the Max was 81ppm. we measured-80ppm. We are a Official Test and Repair Smog Check Station. We were trained to repair the vehicle with the most cost effective repairs, In this case we found excessive hc's in the crankcase=1600ppm. which if the oil was replaced, that may have brought the emissions down enough to pass the smog check! We also noted the catalytic convertor was testing weak, However you declined any further repairs! And by the way the Diagnostics was only $98.00

TR
TERRIE R.
Mercedes-Benz E320
09/16/2019
Courteoous personnel. Prompt and attentive
From the time I was put in contact with Autotech ffrom Repair Smith, I received courteous and complete information. From the beginning I felt that they had my interest at heart and not giving me some bull about my car. Very satisfied. Will use them again if I have to have service done. Thank you to all especially Jared and Joseph. Again thanks for giving me my car back in great working order. What I definitely liked is the warranty of 2 Years.

VK
VICKIE K.
Honda Civic Si
09/12/2019
I found the employees very helpful and friendly. When I bring my car here, I feel I get an honest assessment of what services my car requires and that the repairs were done well.

ES

CHARLES B.
GMC Pickup
09/06/2019
Auto Electric
Had a need to reword for towing. The work was done in less than a day. Autotech has restored my confidence in my ~300k mile truck to use it as a tow vehicle. Perhaps they can restore your confidence as well.

PE
Patricia E.
09/04/2019
We went in early one morning to get a feel of the place and to talk to someone about the problems of my car and Jared and Joseph both listened and advised as to where to start and after all was said and done we went to them to get my car fixed. They both have great personalities and a great since of humor.

PE
PATRICIA E.
09/03/2019
The customer service is great!
We went in early one morning to get a feel of the place and to talk to someone about the problems of my car and Jared and Jonathon both listened and advised as to where to start and after all was said and done we went to them to get my car fixed. They both have great personalities and a great since of humor.

RO
ROBERT O.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/02/2019
Excellent staff and service!!
Excellent work!! Staff very efficient, knowledgable, and friendly:-).

CHARLES B.
GMC Pickup
09/01/2019
Keep it running until the wheels fall off
I have a high mileage car and planned a 5K mile trip around the country. Autotech has kept my ride running as good as new but I wanted to have one final check before heading out on those long lonely western byways and the high ethanol / low octane gas.

We had a battery terminal showing corrosion and a little tinkering by Autotech we do not expect to see any issue.

Near the first 2000 miles, I did have a time when the computer chip go into into “Limp Home” mode. This has been a problem with this after market chip. I find I need to remove the positive terminal for a few seconds and it resets. I also am near time for oil service so I added a quart just uncase.

08/30/2019
THE LEAST STRESSFUL SERVICE TRIP
Joseph did a very good job meeting all my needs and keeping me updated on the status of my vehicle

JUDY S.
Honda Civic Cpe
08/29/2019
Great place
I have never had any issues with them. They are professional and friendly. They let me know if they find anything other than what I brought my auto in for and they tell me right away what the extra cost will be. The choice is mine to say if I want the extra work done right then or not. They answer all my questions and explain things so I can understand. I highly recommend them

Jason S.
08/29/2019 Category: Service
Jason said that his service was pretty bad. He stated he went to the facility to have a repair done and he paid a whole bunch of money because it was a BMW. He said that the staff broke a part on his vehicle and Mickey-Moused it back together thinking that he would not notice. He stated that the staff said they replaced the part but they didn't. He mentioned they rigged up the vehicle so that it would run but he still did not get anything fixed. He will not be going back to this location.

PC
POLO C.
Kia Soul
08/21/2019
Fleet account services
Easy to work with, professional and honest shop

RP
Richard P.
Mazda MPV
08/20/2019 Category: Service
Richard said the employees were professional and went out of their way to take care of him.

Jeep Cherokee
08/17/2019
AutoTech Delivers
AutoTech does through and responsible auto work. The waiting area is quiet with no TV, which is a plus.

SP
SHIRLEE P.
Mercury Cougar
08/13/2019
AUTOTECH -- EXCELLENT!
I was very impressed with everything about Autotech -- Their immediate service, very knowledgeable and professional mechanics, fair rates, and everyone there was very nice and accommodating to work with.

CHUCK B.
Dodge Sprinter
08/09/2019
Tony and his crew are really great!
I have recommended Autotech to several friends. Tony operates a shop that treats everyone special! A combination of expertise and willingness to take on "new" tasks is appealing this customer! Can't recommend Autotech more highly! I trust them. Chuck Beaty

LG
Louis G.
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Louis said the employees were accommodating, pleasant, and notified him about the vehicle. The service was nice.