Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Robert T. on 10/26/2017
Robert said this business did not fix his vehicle. They charged him $500, but his vehicle was actually running better when he took it in than when he got it back from them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Service Date: 10/13/2017
Review Created: 10/26/2017
PATRICK D. on 10/03/2017
"Started out GREAT, went Bad"
My first experience with Autotech was really good. The guy who runs it is knowledgeable and with it, and inspires faith in them when you talk to him. At that time I recommended Autotech to several people! My second visit didn't go as well. My car is very old and I asked what (if anything) could be fixed just so I could pass smog and keep it running. I thought they would understand the situation of someone who has an old vehicle and not much money. Instead I got a list of recs a mile long that showed they were much more interested in trying to get paid than just help someone keep their car going a bit longer. No sensitivity to my situation, just "another dumb customer" who doesn't know how cars work (except I do). So, looking for a new place again.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 09/14/2017
Review Created: 10/03/2017 07:18 AM
Randy R. on 08/12/2016
Randy said the business' prices were expensive. Though, they were friendly and provided great service.
Vehicle: Chrysler Voyager
Service Date: 08/09/2016
Review Created: 08/12/2016
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 08/17/2016

I am sorry that you fell that way! all we did is check your cooling system to find out why  your vehicle is overheating, We pressure tested the cooling system and verified the radiator cooling fans came on they are supposed too, all that passed, We did perform a chemical test to see if the headgaskets were damaged because of the overheating and the results were positive for blown headgaskets, and with 213,000 mile on the engine we stated that at replacement engine was the answer if they were going to fix this car because if head gaskets were replaced the lower part of the motor may start knocking and use oil because of the excessive mileage. and all we charge you was $60.00 for our inspection which I think is not excessive!

Debra G. on 03/23/2016
Debra said she was not satisfied with her experience because when she arrived at the business, she was not acknowledged for 20 minutes. When she was acknowledged, she answered all the questions posed to her. They took the vehicle and parked it. She sat for another 10 minutes before she asked what was going on with her vehicle. She was informed the vehicle did not pass and they could perform the work needed for $800. She asked why she was being charged so much when she could have it done for less at any other facility. They informed her she could have the work done anywhere she wanted but she would have to come back to them to have the inspection performed and she would be charged another $52. She needed the rear drums, shoes and front rotors. She did research with 4 other facilities that are certified to do the work and they were going to charge her $300 for parts and $165 for labor. She believes the business is charging $300 for parts and $500 for labor. She mentioned the business would do better to give its customers an itemized quote to see the breakdown.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 03/04/2016
Review Created: 03/23/2016
Frank D. on 08/25/2015
Frank said this business overcharged him and installed the parts wrong. They drained his gas tank and tried to refill it.
Service Date: 07/27/2015
Review Created: 08/25/2015
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 08/26/2015

Spoke with Pat, Franks wife, I asked her to have Frank give me a call when he gets back from Vacation which will be this next week, so we can resolve the problems with their vehicle.

PRISCILLA T. on 08/02/2013
"Did not correct problem"
Car wouldn't start. AAA technician tested it and said it was alternator and battery tested low, probably drained by alternator. We got a new battery, no alternator needed. Next day, I was stranded in City of Chino and alternator was replaced by another auto repair.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 06/24/2013
Review Created: 08/02/2013 07:52 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 08/09/2013

Priscilla, upon inspection of your vehicle we identified both initial complaints that you had. The first of which was your battery. We checked the voltage and it was down to 62cca from 670cca. We then replaced your battery under warranty and tested the charging system. The charging system tested good at 14 volts at the time of inspection. This is the correct voltage a normal alternator will be charging at. We did not see any problems with your alternator or charging system at the time your we had inspected your vehicle.

GARRETT S. on 10/23/2012
"Reluctant to warranty there work"
Hello I had a bad head gasket that they did less than 5 k miles prior. I took it back and they tried to tell me I had a bad radiator cap. Then about 300 miles later, my car stopped running all together. They finally fixed the bad head gasket under there warranty. Although they warrantied the work I felt I had to fight to get the job done.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 10/19/2012
Review Created: 10/23/2012 09:54 PM
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 11/03/2012
Garrett you purchased this vehicle from the original owner that we repaired the vehicle for on may 21st.. On aug. 21st. You brought us this vehicle stating there was water in the cylinders and was using coolant. We pressure tested the cooling system over the weekend and it held pressure, then we used a boreascope to inspect the cylinders for any signs of coolant- no evidence of coolant was found! We performed a block check and checked the cooling system for any signs of hydrocarbons or carbon monoxide, again no signs of a compromise of the head gasket! but we did find a defective radiator cap not holding the correct pressure, We replaced it and road tested the vehicle extensively for a week and could not find any problems with the engine using coolant or running hot. We recomended replacement of the timing belt,waterpump and crank seal which you approved. You took the vehicle on sept. 5th. On sept. 20th I followed up with you on your vehicle, you said that there were no problems. On Oct. 9th. you brought your vehicle back to us with a obvious blown head gasket which we replaced even though we noticed the radiator,thermostat, oil pan gasket had been replaced! To set the record straight, there is no implied transferable warranty for any automotive repair. So, legally we had no responsibility but morally, we felt we should do something; repair the head gasket. Let it be known that we saw that the radiator and the thermostat had been replaced since the repair we had done 5,948 miles ago. This would indicate to us there had been an overheating issue at some point after the initial repair that could have caused premature failure of the new head gasket we replaced. However, our reputation is far more important to us than getting into a “he said, she said” type of argument. We replaced the head gasket and related repairs under warranty. How we can be faulted for these actions is beyond reason.
Guy V. on 07/30/2012
Guy said that the service was too expensive and didn't solve the problem. They had take their vehicle somewhere else to be repaired. He will not recommend due to this experience.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 07/24/2012
Review Created: 07/30/2012
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 08/10/2012
We serviced the engine oil and the rear differential fluids, and performed an a/c service and replaced a blown cigarette lighter fuse. We noticed the engine had a hessitation upon aceleration and would sometimes the engine would stall out. We reccomended a diagnostic on this situation, you declined further repairs. So in summary we performed maintenance services, not driveablity issues which we reccomend but you declined. We did find a mistake in the amount of fluids charged and we mailed you a check for the differance
Gabriel B. on 10/18/2011
Gabriel said while working on the vehicle's radiator the hose for the air conditioner came off. He left the business not knowing that and when the ac did not come on he went back. The business saw that the hose was not clamped down, so Gabriel took his vehicle elsewhere for the repair and he said it cost him another $200.
Service Date: 09/20/2011
Review Created: 10/18/2011
The Autotech F. at Autotech responded on 10/19/2011
We replaced the thermostat and radiator only and did not have to remove any a/c components to replace the radiator or thermostat! When customer came to pick up vehicle he stated the a/c is not cold, We did a courtesy a/c gauge test, and advised customer the a/c system needed further attention. Again there was no need to remove any a/c components to replace the thermostat or radiator!