PH
PAUL H.
09/10/2019
The Ideal Auto Mechanic Everyone Wants to Have
Blackman's should be everyone's first choice. They are competent, honest, fair, accommodating to a fault. They know each person and treat you personally like a neighbor. I have never had a surprise. They are up front before any work is done, they give you their advice but do not push you or crowd you. I have never been sold a bill of goods. They look for every way possible to get you what you ask for and need at the most reasonable price. Above all, I trust them completely and they have never betrayed that trust. What more can you ask for in an auto mechanic and a friend. You cannot go wrong with Blackman's.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 09/18/2019

Thank you that is a very kind review it is exactly what we strive to accomplish

JOHN L.

Gary R.
Jeep Compass
06/07/2019
Jim and the Staff
Top shelf all the way. Care about what they do and do it well, Fair prices. They are the best.
Gary Rushworth
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 06/24/2019

Jeremiah G.
Torrington, CT
08/04/2016
Theives
Very nice appearence. However, looks can be very deceiving! They priced a hub assembly repair at 175$. I had the part, so that means it would take them almost 2 hours to do a hub assembly? They "discoverrd" however that it was not a hub assembly but new struts. The labor cost was fair at 95$ an hour total 480 or so. Parts, 588!! I could get the parts for a total of 210! I understand they mark up their prices but they nearly trippled the price on every part. Terrible.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 08/05/2016

Jeremiah, we quoted you exactly what the book time is for that job. I think it shows just exactly how honest we are by the fact that we didn't replace the hub that you self diagnosed being the problem. I am sorry that you think we are unfair. As I said previously please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to explain.

Robert B.
10/21/2015
Regular Service
This was a scheduled maintenance for our '99 Quest. Jim did only what is necessary to keep this vehicle safely on the road, thereby minimizing our costs at this time. Good job.

AK
Andrew K.
Brookfield, CT
11/14/2019
2009 Sonata exhaust and splash shield repair.
Blackman's Auto Service is a gem! They are an old fashioned auto repair shop meaning they are willing and able to fix any car. They will tackle those problems the fussy dealer shops don't want to touch. Like actually repairing something rather than just replacing parts to save a few bucks. They have helped me several times keeping an older car running. Of course they also do all routine and owners manual schedule work like brakes, tuneups, etc. If you are looking for an honest auto repair shop with reasonable rates that gets it done Blackman's is your place.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you we try best to do our best for the customer have a great holiday

Jeep Renegade
11/14/2019
Great work
Great job
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you look forward to seeing you again

BARRY B.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
11/13/2019
You have found the auto repair shop you hoped for
We have been taking our cars to Jim for many years.

You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you have a car repair guy give you an estimate and perform work on your car? Well, say goodbye to that feeling.

We have had Jim and his team do minor and major repairs and maintenance on newer cars and older cars. The quotes were always fair and the work done right.

Jim always shoots straight. You don’t walk away wondering if a recommended maintenance repair was “phantom”.

I recommend Blackmans to all of my friends in the greater Danbury area. You will NOT find a better auto repair (major or minor) place.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you Barry  that is exactly what we are shooting for and it makes the job a little easier having customers as easy to work with as you

Cathay B.
New York, NY
Hyundai Accent
11/05/2019
Great, fast service
I had appointment and car was worked on immediately. Everything was completed thoroughly and in record time. Owner and staff friendly and relaxed. I was in professional and good hands.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

thank you have a great holiday season

FN
FAY N.
11/01/2019
Quality Repair Work
Mr. Blackman repaired my car in a day. The window now goes up and down. I would never know he took the panel off to replace the window motor. I have taken my car to Blackmans before and will again.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

thank you Fay i'm happy we could help

Brookfield, CT
10/29/2019
Done on time, good price
My car was done by the time requested and the price was very fair.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/31/2019

Thank you i look forward to seeing you again

Shannon S.
10/29/2019
Awesome service, kind people, THANK YOU!
Blackman’s not only fixed many problems on my car in one day, but they were super kind, and did it all for the fairest price! Could not be happier. Car sounds and drives amazingly! Thank you so much.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/31/2019

Thank you for the kind words it was great to meet you

PB
PAM B.
Bethel, CT
10/28/2019
Very good service
Once again the guys at Blackman's took careful care of my car and remain the most friendly, courteous and honest group of guys around. Thanks guys. See you at 84,000!

Barb M.
10/23/2019
Accuracy with any issue you may have with your vehicle.
Jim and his crew always always always get the job done.

Thanks for the review Barb

WT
William T.
Suzuki SX4
10/23/2019
Recent repairs
Honesty, communication on status of job, and cost of repair, work done promptly!

ALEXANDER M.
10/22/2019
Maintenance
Great personal service. Thorough in their diagnosis of a water leak we had in our trunk.
Very satisfied customers for a very long time.

John S.
10/18/2019
Excellent quality service. Extremely knowledgeable and courteous staff. A great experience. Great to finally find a trustworthy mechanic.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/24/2019

Thank you john we appreciate the reveiw it has been a pleasure to work for you and we look forword to seeing you again

Acura RDX
10/15/2019
Honest and Reliable
My family has brought our cars to Jimmy for years. He's informative, honest and reliable. Blackman's is the only place I'd take my cars for service
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/24/2019

Thank you  we do go back a couple generations lol

JOHN L.
Honda Civic Si
10/12/2019
Excellent as always.
I purchased my Honda new at Danbury Honda. Blackman's service is far superior and less expensive
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/29/2019

Thank you John very nice of you to say

AG
Angel G.
10/11/2019
Great auto repair shop.
Decided to bring my car to them after reading some good reviews and knowing the shop been in business for a long time, also peace of mind with guarantee on parts and labor. Jim kept me on the loop all the time my car was in the shop. Will definitely recommend this shop and will use if needed.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/29/2019

Thank you so much for the great review . We look forward to seeing you again