PB
PAM B.
Bethel, CT
01/04/2020
Saved the day again
Once again all I had to do was call and the guys at Blackman's told me to bring the car in because they knew what to do just from talking to me. They fixed it and I am up and running again in short order and for a reasonable fee. Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

PH
PAUL H.
09/10/2019
The Ideal Auto Mechanic Everyone Wants to Have
Blackman's should be everyone's first choice. They are competent, honest, fair, accommodating to a fault. They know each person and treat you personally like a neighbor. I have never had a surprise. They are up front before any work is done, they give you their advice but do not push you or crowd you. I have never been sold a bill of goods. They look for every way possible to get you what you ask for and need at the most reasonable price. Above all, I trust them completely and they have never betrayed that trust. What more can you ask for in an auto mechanic and a friend. You cannot go wrong with Blackman's.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 09/18/2019

Thank you that is a very kind review it is exactly what we strive to accomplish

JOHN L.

Gary R.
Jeep Compass
06/07/2019
Jim and the Staff
Top shelf all the way. Care about what they do and do it well, Fair prices. They are the best.
Gary Rushworth
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 06/24/2019

Jeremiah G.
Torrington, CT
08/04/2016
Theives
Very nice appearence. However, looks can be very deceiving! They priced a hub assembly repair at 175$. I had the part, so that means it would take them almost 2 hours to do a hub assembly? They "discoverrd" however that it was not a hub assembly but new struts. The labor cost was fair at 95$ an hour total 480 or so. Parts, 588!! I could get the parts for a total of 210! I understand they mark up their prices but they nearly trippled the price on every part. Terrible.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 08/05/2016

Jeremiah, we quoted you exactly what the book time is for that job. I think it shows just exactly how honest we are by the fact that we didn't replace the hub that you self diagnosed being the problem. I am sorry that you think we are unfair. As I said previously please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to explain.

Robert B.
10/21/2015
Regular Service
This was a scheduled maintenance for our '99 Quest. Jim did only what is necessary to keep this vehicle safely on the road, thereby minimizing our costs at this time. Good job.

Leonard B.
Nissan Versa Note
11/25/2020
Took my vehicle in to have my snow tires put on and to have my fluids, battery checked before winter sets in. They got me right in and got it all done in about an hour. The charge was very reasonable.

Mary Ellen B.
11/21/2020
Excellence
Excellent. Accommodating helpful.
What more could you want!

TERRY M.
Pontiac G6
11/05/2020
Satisfied customer
Quality work at a reasonable price.

HB
HANS B.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
11/02/2020
Very Helpful!
We had been searching for a new mechanic after our other guy passed away two years ago. I figure due to proximity we’d try Blackman’s. They were professional and courteous at the desk and once they got the part in, they fixed our car the same day. Then Something odd happened with the ECU and when I got the car home the engine light came on when it wasn’t on before. I called him back, explained the situation and he said to bring it back and in 30 minutes, fixed the computer issue at no cost. Thankfully they’re close!

PB
Patti B.
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/27/2020
My visit to Blackmans
They've been around for a very long time I know I haven't use their service because I used to work and if there was a place closer to me that working. But now that I'm retired heck I can drop the car off and walk home and walk back and pick up my car. They're all nice and it's a pleasure working with them.

RUSSELL C.
New Milford, CT
10/24/2020
Quality service
My auto service center of choice.

SANDRA S.
New Milford, CT
Nissan Rogue
10/21/2020
excellent
thank you for your great service, much appreciated!

JOHN C.
10/21/2020
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Last Thursday October 15th I scheduled an appointment to have my new 2020 Jeep Wrangler for a oil change and lube. I could have gone to the Jeep dealer but I preferred going to Blackman's as I have been a long time customer. I knew that in addition to doing the routine oil lube and filter that they would also check over the vehicle thoroughly. They serviced the Jeep right away as scheduled. The employees at Blackman's are always very courteous, conscientious and I know they will do the job right. I highly recommend Blackman's to everyone.

10/10/2020
Reliable service
Blackman's always provides competent, reliable service. They never try to add services you don't need, and they are always professional and friendly.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/19/2020