4.6

Jackson L.
06/29/2020
Service Department doesn't respond once they have your vehicle
Dropped off my vehicle for recall services on 6/24 at 9am.
Gave the service advisor my contact information including phone number.

He said he would contact me.
It has been 4 business days and I have not heard from the service department.
I have contacted them several times, and I only get voicemail.
Left several voicemails, still no response.

The recall site says each recall takes about an hour to check, and may take longer to perform the recall work if further service is deemed necessary. I am fine with this.
But you need to let your customers know something.
Leaving them in the dark is the worst possbile customer service and is not "World Class" as your website says.

This dealership already has a bad reputation in Montgomery.
I will never do any type of business with them again.
I will taking my Hyundai vehicles to Hyundai of Auburn for future services.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 06/30/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. It seems we did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

If you have any questions, comments, or need to set an appointment, please contact me or my service team.

Crystal W.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
06/22/2020 Category: Service
Paid way to much for service to not find the problem.
Need Tech's who actually know and have worked or been trained on Hyaundi cars.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 06/22/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It seems we did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. The repair order shows no specific driveability concern, just a fuel system cleaning, replacement of spark plugs, and an oil change. If there is a specific concern, we can address it. Please bring your vehicle in at your convenience.

Millbrook, AL
2020 Hyundai Palisade
06/06/2020 Category: Service
Sos slow
I waited almost 4 hours for a basic oil change!! Not worth the drive and wait!!
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 06/09/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. It seems we did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. I want to apologize for my service team during your recent visit. We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

Breunca M.
2020 Hyundai Sonata
05/19/2020 Category: Service
👍🏽
Recommend Willie in service department that’s all.

05/19/2020 Category: Service
Nothing makes this place great.
If you’re looking for someone to give you poor customer service and end up onside of the road not even moments after leaving the dealership this is your place. Scott the service department manager had an attitude because I called asking what was done to my car since my brand new 2020 Hyundai was sitting onside of the road after being serviced at their service department. And I received nothing but banter and attitude in return.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 05/19/2020

Dear valued customer, as you know a new vehicle is quite an experience and to have an issue with the first service is very troubling. I want to assure you, the Capitol Hyundai service dept. team members work hard everyday and strive to the best job they can. Problems can and will come up form time to time. We will make them right to best of our abilities. Please accept my apology about the situation that happened and how you were treated.

sincerely

Scott Schodorf
334-279-6555

Orange Beach, AL
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/24/2020 Category: Service
Marking things right
They followed up and are doing what needs to be done to get the situation taken care of .they have called ,messaged and emailed me and reached out to a closer dealer to get my problem solved to my satisfaction.

03/24/2020 Category: Service
Didn’t do what they should have
Forgot to order part
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 03/25/2020

Dear customer, i want to apologize for my team failing to order the part your vehicle needed when you came to Montgomery recently. I would like to speak with you and see if i can make arrangements in getting your vehicle repaired. I called and left a message with you March 24,2020. Give me a call and we can set this up.

SK
Seungmok K.
03/15/2020 Category: Service
service is going to improve
Though the service was not so satisfactory level before, it be getting to improve. And for that, customers' input is also important to keep it up. I do recommend using service, however, it should be monitored and feedback continuously.

03/15/2020 Category: Service
Poor service
Needs improve a lot at every aspect.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 03/16/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. We did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. In reviewing your service repair order, an oil and filter change, Campaign 953 ECM software upgrade, and replacement of cabin air filter and engine air filter, the total time for your service was 1.5 hours. We apologize for the delay in getting your vehicle processed.  We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

AO
Andy O.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/11/2020 Category: Service
Service dept is terrible
Service Dept is Terrible. They are a joke. I was promised to be out in an hour due to another appt I had and even offered to rescheduled they couldn’t.. 2 hrs later I am leaving.. missed my appt and will never go back
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 03/11/2020

Dear valued customer, I want to apologize for the amount of time your service took and for making you miss an appointment that you may get charged for. Please let us know if you are charged and we will take care of the fee. I will admit we dropped the ball during your visit. We do make missteps but are striving to do better.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Conner S.
Minneapolis, MN
2020 Hyundai Accent
02/25/2020 Category: Service
Exceptionally Poor Communication & Expectation Setting
I brought my vehicle in for its second round of scheduled maintenance. Because I was on active military duty I brought the car to a Hyundai dealership near the base where I was stationed (Capitol Hyundai in Montgomery.) It is a brand new car that needed only the oil change (a tire rotation?) and an inspection. I called the day before and was told that there were no appointments available but that I could walk in. I inquired as to the best time so I could receive the quickest service. I arrived at that time and the man who took possession of my car said my timing was "perfect" and they could get me in "immediately." I waited for two hours with absolutely no update before my car was finished! It wasn't even given a car wash. Simply unacceptable.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 02/26/2020

Dear valued customer, I want to thank you for your service to our country. I apologize for the lack of communication of my service team during your recent visit. It is unacceptable and we will do better. I tried to make contact with you yesterday to discuss your visit. We at Capitol Hyundai strive to provide excellent customer service and I will not make excuses for providing anything less.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
02/19/2020 Category: Service
Sandy
I would make sure that your clients are kept informed, especially when the wait time is longer than anticipated.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 02/25/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. It seems we did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. I would have to agree with you. I am not sure of the exact situation that occurred, but waiting over 2 hours for an oil service is excessive. I want to apologize for my service team. We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

RT
Rosie T.
2019 Hyundai Sonata
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Took forever
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 11/12/2019

Dear valued customer, I want to apologize for the excessive length of time it took for us to service your vehicle. It is not our intension to take that long for an oil change service. It is unacceptable and we will work hard to make your service experience the best it can be. Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

10/04/2019 Category: Service
Service poor
I wouldn’t recommend the service but the rest of the business is good.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/04/2019

Dear valued customer, I know the frustration you felt during your visit for the brake lamp issue. The original diagnostics were not complete or the the tech did not fully understand the scope of your complaint. Even I had an issue at first understanding why the third brake lamp would stay illuminated all of the time. The add on spoiler and shorted tail lamp assemblies were the root cause. I agree it should not have taken three visits to remedy your situation. Once I found the issue, I brought it to your attention but declined to repair. If you would like to set and appointment to repair the rest of the brake lamps, feel free to give us a call.

Let me know if I can help.

Sincerely,

SP
Staneshia P.
Wetumpka, AL
10/03/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I didn’t expect to have so many problems out of a car thats not even a year old.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/03/2019

Dear valued customer, we understand your frustration with the performance of your vehicle. The engine software that is designed put vehicle in limp home mode can be difficult to understand. It is there to keep your engine from catastrophic damage. We are doing everything as outlined with Hyundai to remedy this issue.

sincerely

334-279-6555

Brittney M.
2016 Hyundai Genesis
10/02/2019 Category: Service
No communication
The service department needs a major improvement plan to communicate with customers in regards to their vehicles. This was by far my worst experience. From no communication, to the rental, to the timeframe, to the repairs....Hyundai missed the mark on this one.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/03/2019

Dear valued customer, I would like to apologize for the lack of communication my service team and I failed to provide to you about your vehicle during the recent repair. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. We did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit. We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

If you have any questions you would like to ask about your recent repair, please call me.

Wetumpka, AL
2016 Hyundai Azera
09/17/2019 Category: Service
Still waitnig
8 weeks for a refund?Would you allow me 8 weeks to pay for service?or refuse my car to be released?

09/17/2019 Category: Service
Failed again.
It would be nice if the things being said to be checked during service visits,were actually checked.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 09/17/2019

Dear customer, I apologize to you for not being able to meet or exceed your expectations of the quality of service you and your vehicle need. We have in the past been able to repair your vehicle to best of our ability.  In the future will will strive to do our best.

Feel free to call if you have any questions about your vehicle.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

Scott Schodorf
service manager

Jeff C.
Tallassee, AL
08/29/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Not at all pleased with the experience
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 08/29/2019

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Customer, i apologize for the inconvenience and lack of understanding about your specific issues with your recent service visit.  I have tried multiple times to contact you for information about what has transpired. I have looked into the service history of your vehicle and your recent repair. Based on your response to a question on the survey, i assume your vehicle is running normal. If not, how may i help? I am willing to look into any issue you both may have had concerning your recent visit. If you would like to discuss, please call. I am sure we can come to a resolution we both feel good about.