Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

jay c.
Saint Petersburg, FL
10/25/2018
price for battery replacement seems excessive
I had to replace the battery in my 2014 BMW X3, which was becoming sluggish during engine starts. The new battery, an Interstate MPT95RH9 (which I knew would be expensive) was installed at a cost of $350 (total was $393 which included labor(?) taxes and other misc. fees). After the installation,I went to corporate Interstate website and found that their suggested retail price for the same battery was $201.95. I further called Interstate Batteries of Clearwater (a distributor) who quoted me a price of $206.95. Went back to Carnovale's with this information and was told their cost for this battery was around $300. In my mind they have either grossly inflated the nominal of this battery or have shown poor management practices in securing batteries from Interstate (distributers) at a reasonable cost to them and by extention to their clients. Sadly disappointed by this experience.
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 10/30/2018

After reviewing your invoice all prices seem to be in order, however I can an issue with how our ticket was written that may have confused you. They combined parts & labor together for a total of $350+tax. Here's the proper brake down.

MTP95RH9 $253.00
Installation & Programing $97.00
Taxes & Disposal $43.35
Total $393.32

Hope this clears up your confusion, Thanks!

General Manager

RA
ron a.
Seminole, FL
02/18/2018
2009 altima
was offered a chance for car to be looked at again but decided to go some where else.

02/18/2018
terrible service
my wife took her 2009 altima for a misfire they chaged the oil she did not request new valve cover gaskit and flushed brake lines new plugs at the tune of $550.00 and the car is still doing same thing very very sad perfomance gonna try to plead my case tomorrow ?
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 02/19/2018

Hey Ron,
Sorry to hear you experienced “Terrible Service”.  I just reviewed your estimate and it looks like you make a mistake the total was $517.23 and I have a signature of approval for the work to be done from a "Pat Aleshire". Either way your under warrantee so just swing by and let’s check out what’s going on. We’ll get your vehicle taken care of right away.

Thanks! Have a great day.

General Manager
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 02/19/2018

warranty*

Rosemarie B.
Treasure Island, FL
Cadillac DeVille
09/22/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Dane. He said his mother left the vehicle at the facility due to it running hot and being told not to drive the vehicle while it was running hot. The next day when they returned to get the vehicle, they were charged $88 for a diagnostic test they had not asked for or been informed of beforehand.
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 09/24/2015

Hey Rosemarie,

I’m a little confused about this review because we did everything you asked. Your vehicle broke down and was brought in to our shop to check out. Your vehicle was overheating due to a faulty water pump; we found this leak after doing a pressure test we advised you of. We topped off your coolant (at no charge) and told you your vehicle was unsafe to drive. The only charge was $44.00+tax (1/2hr) for the pressure test that you asked for to find out where your coolant was leaking from.

Sorry for the confusion, I hope to jogs your memory to what actually happened, and remember to take a care of the engine issues so you can get back on the road safely.
Have a great day!!

IH
Irene H.
St. Petersburg, FL
Volkswagen Passat
11/04/2014
No more messages.
Take me off your list as a customer. Irene
Hill. No more e-mails please.

Donald D.
Largo, FL
07/14/2014
Trust in their word that they do what they say and honesty
Carnovale went well beyond what needed repair and resolved an issue of persitant noise that had little to do with timing belt kit replacment. They are honest and reliable. I will return as a loyal customer.

07/14/2014
Still having same issue with bearings rattling
Took vehicle in on 04/29/2014 for timing belt and water pump replacement due to "rattling" of bearings or water pump going bad. Timing belt kit and water pump replaced. I paid a total charge of $1,010.08 I took vehicle back several weeks after because bearings or water pump still making excessive rattling sound. Original issue of noise never resolved and may have to take vehicle to Toyota dealership and/or contact News8on your side.
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 07/18/2014

7/18/14 We spoke on this matter this week and resolved the issues, we hope to have you as a long time customer.

MK
maria k.
St. Petersburg, FL
07/07/2014
nightmare
very dishonest service. At the beginning Frank was probably a good guy but when it came to admitting wrong doings, Frank and his mechanic aren't capable of. Their servie had cost me $1600 yet I had to take the car somewhere else to fix it. Frank promised to pay me for the towing expenses...he never did...how dishonest is that from a rich business owner????
Ross C., General Manager from Carnovale Car Care responded on 07/07/2014

We indeed did offer to reimburse you for all towing fees if
it was due to our mistakes or negligence. After further review it was not an issues we worked on, it was another problem with your vehicle you refused service on. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this clears it up.