Oakhurst, NJ
10/07/2020 Category: Service
2 hours for an oil change ?
Not only did it take 2 hours for an oil change but no one updated me that they were busy or that there was any problems. I’m addition, no cleaning of any of the seats or bathroom while present. And the staff was walking around without masks half the time. Very disappointed

Kenneth B.
Matawan, NJ
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plugin Hybrid
09/06/2020 Category: Service
Service at Circle Hu=uundai
Mark, my Service Rep. was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! One minute after I arrived, this "service jewel", approached me, and introduced himself. Just seeing him immediately put me at ease. He was well groomed, very friendly, and immediately understood my problem, and sent me merrily on my way. When I picked up my car, Mark was the first person to greet me. Please inform George ( Service Manager ), I kid you not, had all the fine Qualities as did Mark. Mr. owner: these two wonderful gentlemen, deserve Special Recognition, as both having gone above and beyond what would normally be expected. Please reward them both, both financially, and job promotion if available. I'm a Circle customer for Life!!!!

09/06/2020 Category: Service
Warranty Battery replacement
Company is totally inept!!!! Company sent wrong battery to dealership. Consistently said it was the right battery. Hyundai motor co-op has no idea of what they’re doing. Never buy a car from them again !!!!!!!!!. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing. Stay away.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 09/08/2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at CIRCLE HYUNDAI. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience.
As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am sorry about all the headaches caused by this battery issue for your vehicle. I assure you that is not normal nor is it accepted but, unfortunately it was out of our control. I'm not big on excuses and I am totally embarrassed that this happened knowing how important your time is. As discussed, please re-score Mark as this survey reflects negatively against him & anything less than a 5 he fails. As a small token of my apologies, I would like to give you a $50.00 service credit that can be used towards any service. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and thanks for being part of the Circle family.

Joan R.
Belford, NJ
07/23/2020
Rip off's
I went to Circle to buy a new car as advertised for $5000 off. Bill the salesman continuously left me to help two other customers in which his boss even got upset and spoke to him.After signing the contract I found out they purposely applied the wrong Social Security number to apply for financing a loan to a competitor's bank. The second competitor they also put in an incomplete application. My credit score is 840-855 in which I found out when receiving the denial letters. I went back to Hyundai to reify the problem in which Scott the finance guy said he would help me because he wanted to make me happy and would get back to my in the beginning of this week but failed to do so. I found out through Scott that Hyundai wants to keep the money all in Hyundai and claimed that if I went through the competitors I would have lost the rebate. I claimed "what rebate?" this was not advertised.He further claimed that it was a done deal because I already had an account with Hyundai. They are charging 4.99 % interest and I called Bank of America the other competitor and they quoted me a loan for 2.69 for the same 72 months.

EA
Ellen A.
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
2007 Hyundai Sonata
06/30/2020 Category: Service
Customer Service is excellent
Listens to you and works to resolve any problems. Courteous and customer service is # one!

06/30/2020 Category: Service
Made the “problem” worse
See comments
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 07/01/2020

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am sorry to hear about your last service visit. As discussed, I will take care of your brake noise & hood latch issue. I appreciate you explaining the situation. Please re-score us as this survey reflects against us. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs. Thanks for being part of the Circle family. If there are any questions please contact me directly via email or phone both are listed below.

Rosemary M.
03/15/2020 Category: Service
Service can’t find nothing wrong with my car ugh
Please fix or replace my unsafe vehicle

Ocean Township, NJ
02/11/2020 Category: Service
Conitnued Obfuscation
I have been asked to rescore my review based on the dealer's reply.

There’s an old saying. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. The response to my review is selective, as it omits key events in the chronology, and it is patently untrue that I was kept informed. These issues go hand-in-hand and exacerbated the situation and my frustration.
1. Upon initial diagnosis, I was told the repair kit was in stock and the repair would take 90 minutes. After 90 minutes I was told the problem wasn’t what they thought and the kit that was now required had to be ordered.
2. I was told the kit would take about 5 days to arrive. After 7 days of not hearing anything I called the tech advisor. It was clear he didn’t remember me (lack of follow through) and after a few minutes said the kit was on back order and would take up to another week to arrive. Could someone have notified me that the kit was on back order?
3. After another week elapsed without hearing anything, I called and spoke to a different tech advisor who said the kit had arrived (though no one bothered to call me) and scheduled my appointment.
4. On the next trip in it is determined that the wrong kit was ordered. (2nd wrong kit per their original diagnosis). Another wasted morning.
5. After the holidays I called the service manager as a courtesy (rather than write a poor review) to discuss the situation and express my displeasure with the poor service. The service manager said he understood, would look into the situation and call me back. I did not hear back from the service manager until he responded to my review on-line 6 weeks later. As the head of the department, a very poor example to set for the rest of the staff.
6. After another week when the supposed correct kit arrived, it also turned out not to repair the problem (3rd kit).
7. Now the decision, after consulting with Hyundai corporate, was to replace the axle shaft, but this now had to be ordered. With the car now undrivable one of the women in the office took the initiative to provide me with a loaner. At least someone demonstrated, even for a brief moment, some thought that I was being overly inconvenienced and was not happy with the service.
8. Unfortunately, the woman’s initiative didn’t last long. Before I left with the loaner (on a Saturday) I asked her who would be calling me on Monday with the update as the smug tech advisor never called me. She said she would call me. She never did. When I reached out to her, all she did was transfer me to the unhelpful tech advisor.
9. I was told they were still waiting for the parts and the repair would take 1-2 more days. After 3 days I called to get a status update and was told they needed one more day so the original technician working on my car, who was off, could check it out.
10. No one ever took responsibility for their failings or apologized for the inconvenience.

To have the temerity to say I was kept informed is a bald-faced lie. Had I been kept informed my frustration level would have been abated. We can now add lack of integrity and credibility to the list of transgressions.

02/11/2020 Category: Service
Inept and Even Worse Customer Service
Having “America’s Best Warranty” has no value when the dealer is incapable of properly diagnosing the problem and ordering the correct parts – multiple times. Worse yet, this ineptitude was surpassed by the exceedingly awful customer service, from the top down. At no time during this seven-week odyssey did anyone follow through on their promises (including the service manager who I reached out to during this farce), proactively keep me in the loop, take responsibility for the series of fiascos and lack of diligence, or apologize for the weeks of inconvenience. Instead, smugness. Sheer ineptness and arrogance or didn't want to make the warranty covered repair because the reimbursement wasn't as much as if I paid for it.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about the time it took to fix your car and the multiple visits you spent at our shop. We know your time is important and we let you down. Diagnosing a vehicle can sometimes be challenging w/ figuring out the point of failure to sometimes parts issues, which leads to you getting frustrated. On your original visit on 11/22 we were unable to duplicate your concern & you even test drove with the tech. When you returned on 12/13 we were able to duplicate your concern and diagnosed it as an axle kit & we preceded to order the part. You returned on 12/19 to have the special ordered part installed to find it was the wrong part. Obviously, this is not what we expected nor do we accept but, we still needed to order another part. On your last visit on 1/4 we were still having parts issues (kits were still incorrect) so, we decided to replace the axle shaft instead of the kit & during this time we provided a loaner vehicle and according to my records you were kept informed. I assure you this is not normal but, unfortunately it was the reality we were dealing with. I totally understand and agree with your frustrations and we tried our best under these circumstances. Once again, I apologize on behalf of this dealership for the chain of unfortunate events. We take pride in our customer service and even though I understand your frustrations you can give us another shot. If there are any questions or something you would like to discuss further please contact me via email or phone both are listed below.
Sincerely,

Suman S.
Eatontown, NJ
2011 Hyundai Elantra
10/29/2019 Category: Service
If you are buying used vehicle, you are better off somewhere else
I bought a used vehicle from the dealership , i agree the miles were high(100k) but still, i would have hoped for a more reliable vehicle. Its been less than a year and i have already spent 3k+ on this vehicle. I might as well have taken it from some another dealership for much cheaper price and then put in extra 3k.

Moving on to the service.
Pros:
Get the service done in a timely manner, provided they have the stuff.
Friendly staff.

Cons:
You are always charged something other than the quoted value.
Quality of service provided needs to improve. I still face the same problems which i did earlier.
Communications suck.! You need to keep calling them to get the updates instead of them providing you with one.

All in all, i do not recommend it. Maybe if you are buying a new vehicle you can. Otherwise stay away
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 10/31/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about your last service experience w/ lack of communication. I assure you this is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. As discussed, I have you scheduled for an appointment 11/4 with a loaner and I will address and fix all your concerns. For your troubles I will provide you with a $200 service credit that can be used towards any service. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and thanks for being part of the Circle family. Please re-score us as anything less than a 5 star rating we fail.

Marjorie M.
Neptune, NJ
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Making corrections
Thanks to George at Circle making things right!

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Oil change from hell
Took forever, since no one explained the check in procedure
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about your last service experience with us. As discussed. I assure you that is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. If you have any questions please contact me directly via phone or email both listed below. You have a complimentary detail and $100 service credit that can used towards any future service. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs and thanks for being part of the Circle family.

Joseph W.
Hazlet, NJ
08/20/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager straightens out issue
Service Manager called me back and explained what happened with my vehicle. He apologised for the inconvenience and will take care of us at our next service visit.

08/20/2019 Category: Service
Be honest with customer.
Be honest with customer. Do what you say you were going to do.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about your last service experience. I assure you that this is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. We know your time is important and obviously we let you down. As discussed, I want to make it up to you as our customer. At your earliest convenience I would like to due a complimentary detail valued at $179.95 & I also gave you a $100 in service credit that can be used towards any future service.If you have any questions or something you would like to discuss further please contact me directly via email or phone both are listed below. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs & thanks for being part of the Circle family. Please re-score us as this survey reflects against the dealership.

Robert R.
08/18/2019 Category: Service
Resolved problems the second time
The second time in for my car the dealership found the engine problems and repaired the problems.

08/18/2019 Category: Service
Circle Hyundai is unable and unwilling to find engine stalling problem.
Circle Hyundai may be capable of changing oil, but any more advanced engine work is apparently beyond their abilities.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 08/19/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am sorry to hear about your last few experiences with our service department. I assure you that is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. After our conversation, I feel confident that we will be able to address and fix your concern. I would like to offer you a credit of $154.35 that can be used towards any future service along with a complimentary car wash. Please contact me directly via email or phone both are listed below and I will schedule you an appointment at your earliest convenience. We will provide a loaner if one is needed. Your complete satisfaction is my goal and I am always willing to do what I can to resolve your issues. I look forward in taking care of all your car needs and thanks for being part of the Circle family. As I explained to you
one star rating affects everyone at the dealership hopefully, we now earned 5 stars. I hope this puts you at ease and look forward in resolving your vehicles issue.

07/24/2019 Category: Service
Monday Morning Maybem
Good location

Jeff P.
07/22/2019
Caring about their customers
After a not so great visit to the service dept. George C. Went above and beyond to see that all my concerns were taken care of. I will continue to use them in the future.

07/22/2019
Poor quality of service work not done
Can't even perform basic service correctly. Oil change half quart low, tire pressures when returned lf 36psi rt f 42 psi lr 36psi rr 35psi. Pressure listed in door jam 33 psi. Not the first time this has occured. Called to talk to a manager service mgr. And general mgr. Both not there spoke to finance mgr. Said someone would contact me on monday, no contact on Monday. (work done on friday).
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 07/23/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about your last service experience, I assure you this is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. I will address with corrective action so this doesn't happen again. As discussed for your trouble I would like to offer you a complimentary Detail worth $179.95 and a $100.00 service credit that can be used towards any service. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs and thanks for being part of the Circle family. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone both are listed below. Please re-score Tom as this score reflects against him.

John K.
Holmdel, NJ
2012 Hyundai Azera
07/19/2019 Category: Service
quality work
I take my Azera to Circle Hyundai for all my service needs because I know I can rely on the quality of yheir work.

07/19/2019 Category: Service
Bad experience
I won"t let one rotten apple spoil the barrel.I will continue to use Circle Hyundai for my service needs.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 07/23/2019

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am sorry to hear about your last service experience. I assure you that is not the normal way we conduct business nor is it accepted. We should have done a better job with communication. I will look into this situation with corrective action in hopes to never happen again. For your trouble, I would like to offer you a $100 service credit that can be used towards any future service. If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss please contact me via email or phone both are listed below. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and being part of the Circle family. Please re-score Joe as this score reflects against him.

SK
Shawn K.
Red Bank, NJ
2019 Hyundai Veloster
07/06/2019 Category: Service
Didn’t complete what was supposed to be done and they hold your car for so long
I’m overall just not satisfied don’t even want to go back to get my trunk fixed they all make you feel like they are rushing and moved me back even tho I had a 9am appointment