Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5rating 4.5333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

EW
Ethan W.
Winchester, KY
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
09/17/2019 Category: Service
They replaced my back tires thanks so much!
We came to an agreement and they agreed to replace my rear tires that was my only problem and everything has been resolved! Thank you Don Franklin!

09/17/2019 Category: Service
Most unprofessional and problematic dealership I've ever visited
Because of them I need 2 new back tires and they won't replace them, this is not my first issue I've had with this dealer just the biggest
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad we could resolve our misunderstanding.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Kayla my main mechanic was good and very accountable for the time my car took. There was a new tech diagnosing it. This is fine as everyone needs to learn but someone should have communicated that with me and to expect more time. I am a full time graduate student and employed and I did not have 3 hours to burn. I finally asked for an update and was told 20 More minutes or I could come back. This is the second time I’ve had to deal with this dealership as my car is from one in Ohio and I am consistently disappointed with the service. Kayla ended things on a very sweet note and was very honest with me which I appreciated. However, the paper I was given about what parts of my car need fixed was generic and did not help the mechanic I took my car to instead.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

I truly apologize for the extended time it took to diagnose your vehicle. While some things may come up during the process, we should have done a better job updating you while you were here. We have no excuses as to why that didn't happen. However, we will be addressing that today.
Please accept our apologies, and I will be mailing you a gift card as a token of our appreciation for your business and for providing me with feedback to improve our processes.

Carlisle, KY
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Damage
Car was damaged during service. I understand accidents happen, but at least tell the customer what happened and than go from there.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/26/2019

I was unaware of any damage having been done to your car? I apologize for your repair taking longer than you expected, we did have to remove the door panel to replace the handle, and then program the extra key. I hope we can come to some sort of resolution on this matter. Please let me know what kind of damage was done to your vehicle. I don't see any mention of it in the vehicle history.

MO
Marquise O.
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Warning
Do not bring your car there
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

I will be contacting you today.

AP
Anna P.
05/12/2019 Category: Service
Probably ruined my car
See previous statements
ANDREW W. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

I cannot express how sorry we are that this has happened. Be assured we will make sure your vehicle is returned to you in new condition. I am currently dealing with the individuals responsible, and will make sure this does not happen again. Again, I truly apologize for your inconvenience. I will have someone contact you as soon as possible.

PH
Paulette H.
2009 Hyundai Genesis
04/22/2019 Category: Service
Na
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

We are disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

8592635020 ext 1805
kristinabishop@donfranklinauto.com

Robert G.
Lawrenceburg, KY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Poor mechanics
Took my car in for idling problems, performed decarbonization charged me 426.00 and the car is still not fixed. The car is less than 4 years old 50000 miles on it.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/09/2019

I hate to hear you are still having a problem with your vehicle. I was under the impression you were going to bring the vehicle back to us and let us try to remedy the issue. I understand you are a ways away from us, and we will do all we can to fix your vehicle and make things right with you. Please feel free to give me a call, so we can discuss your vehicles issue.

Jonathan H.
Winchester, KY
2018 Hyundai Kona
03/14/2019 Category: Service
Nothing
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/14/2019

Thank you for your response. I would like it if you could contact me so we can discuss the issues that occurred on your visit, so we have a better understanding of what happened. Please contact me directly by phone or email at your earliest convenience.
Thank you and have a great day!

8592635020 ext 1805
kristinabishop@donfranklinauto.com

02/07/2019 Category: Service
So so
This place is great for some things, but they will over charge you for car batteries and diagnostics when you’re still under warranty. They are great with oil changes and other services don’t get me wrong. They were going to charge me $125 for a diagnostic when I suggested for them to test my car battery. And all along it was my car battery causing the issues! I would have been livid had I paid that $125 plus the $269 for my car battery. Checking my battery should have been the first thing they should have done w/o me suggesting it.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/08/2019

Thank you for your feedback. There is no excuse for our writer not knowing the warranty for the battery. I will address that today. I agree the cost of the battery is very high. The proper battery for your vehicle is a newer type battery, called an AGM battery, different from the older lead batteries. The cost is much higher than the others.
We obviously failed you on more than one point in this visit, and I would like to make it up to you if possible. I will give you a call later this afternoon.

Thank you again.

Jennifer T.
2012 Hyundai Tucson
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Scam?
Everything appeared to be fine at our appointment on 1/5/19. We payed $959 to have all four tires replaced. On the morning of 1/7/19, the tire pressure light was on. I went to Hyundai to have to have it checked that afternoon. Your employee checked the air pressure and said that one of the front tire's pressure was at 25; the rest were at 35. These are supposed to be NEW tires; they shouldn't have any issues mere days after being installed. I request an appointment be made for this Saturday so that all four tires can be checked out. I feel like I've been scammed by your company. I shouldn't have issues with the tires so soon after having them replaced.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/08/2019

I assure you that you have not been scammed. Whatever the issue is, we will work with you to correct it. We stand behind our work, and I assure that your tires are new. We will be make sure that the issue is resolved.

12/21/2018 Category: Service
With appointment, untimely service
My vehicle is covered under warranty and each cylinder is misfireing. They are making me come back 4 times,each time a cylinder fails instead of fixing therm all at once. So far 2/4 have failed but they won’t fix the remaining two proactively
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/22/2018

Thank you for your feedback. We absolutely strive to provide our customers with an efficient and professional service experience, so we are disappointed to hear that yours was not up to par. I will have the Service Manager contact you to discuss your concerns, as your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

8592635020
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/26/2018

I have looked into your concern this morning. I agree it would be nice to replace all 4 of the coils at once, however, Hyundai will only allow us to replace the one that is showing to be bad. We have to provide a print out of the trouble code, and the diagnostic information we see at the time. So, they will only allow us to fix the current issue.
I understand the frustration this may present. As for the time it took for the second repair, I believe our technician was doing some additional tests, to make sure we weren't overlooking another issue.
Hopefully you won't have any more issues, and this will no longer be a source of frustration for you.
Thank you for your feedback.

11/23/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
Very busy place with not enough people to service them
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 11/23/2018

U hate to hear ab ok it your bad experience with us. We were short handed, as the holiday had some of our employees traveling out of state. I will look I to this further, and get back with you soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Dixie C.
Carlisle, KY
11/08/2018 Category: Service
It is not great
It is not great
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 11/12/2018

We are sorry for the miscommunication. The repair that was not done, Hyundai extended the mileage coverage to 100,000 miles. This is not a safety concern, it is purely something that makes a noise. If it were safety related, Hyundai would cover the repair.
As for the shuttle, we do offer a one way shuttle service in the mornings, but obviously we did not communicate that to you very well. I do apologize.
Please feel confident that the vehicle is safe, even with the condition still there. The part that wears, is supposed to make it quieter, and thats the noise you hear.
Please contact me with any other comments or concerns.

Cynthia H.
Paris, KY
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
I don’t believe you really want me to give a review at this point.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/05/2018

I truly apologize for your poor experience, and our poor performance. I am currently looking into your visit, to identify where our process broke down. I spoke with Kayla about keeping our customers updated on extended repairs. We should have caught the extent of the water on your first visit. Again I apologize for our breakdown in quality service you deserve.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

TC
Tony C.
2014 Hyundai Accent
06/15/2018 Category: Service
They worked to make things right.
The ultimate repair that I received was very high quality. My ultimate issue revolved around lack of updates when they were changes or problems. They did work to resolve this and provided me with a loaner car until mine was ready. While I was quite upset initially, I believe that they were sincere in their efforts to make things right.

06/15/2018 Category: Service
Worst service I've ever experienced
They've had the car 6 days for what was supposed to be a one day bumper repair. And no loaner available. I shouldnt have to say anything more.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience, but was glad I was able to speak with you and understand what was going on. I hope Chandler is getting the situation resolved, and please let me know if I can help in any way.

Ralph W.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/01/2018 Category: Service
Ralph W
Not good
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/04/2018

I apologize for your experience. We attempted to contact you by phone last week, but were unsuccesful. I would like to offer you a complimentary detail for the vehicle. It did take quite a while to complete the services, after looking at the repair order, we did several jobs, which is why she was here that long. In the future, we can offer a ride somewhere, or perhaps a complimentary rental vehicle, if available.
Again, we are sorry for your bad experience, and hope to be able to make up for it.
Please contact me directly with any additional questions or concerns.
I will have Kristina attempt to contact you by phone today.
Thank you and have a great day.

Georgetown, KY
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Doesn't stand behind their work.
Doesn't stand behind their work.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/15/2018

Good afternoon,
We have tried to contact you through phone calls and emails, without success. If you could please contact me directly, I would like to see if we can resolve your concerns. I will be happy to waive the diagnostic fee for you, to see if it is a warrantable issue.

859-263-5022
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/23/2018

I hope we have remedied your concerns, and you can trust we will most definitely stand behind our work. We will be glad to help in any way we can. Please feel free to contact me at any time, with any questions or concerns. Thank you for working with us to get you back on the road.
Have a great day!

04/05/2018 Category: Service
Not a happy customer
Very unprofessional and poor communication
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/06/2018

I apologize for your extended wait time for your repair. Air noises are often very difficult to diagnose. However, we should have done a better job of keeping you updated. I have spoken with those involved, to avoid this in the future.
Please allow me to offer you a free detail for your vehicle as a way to apologize and make up for your experience. Just print out this email, and contact us to make an appointment to have this done at your convenience.

BV
Behnoud V.
Frankfort, KY
2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/22/2018 Category: Service
I don’t trust this place they lie just to make service
My husband took his car down there for a break recall which was a little piece that goes on the break do you need up telling him that he need a front brake pads which she did not because he brought them home they’re not even have used but they still told him he need a front brake pads and and charge him $150 for this a job he did not need and I am very upset about this and I want everyone to know
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

Im sorry you feel we did an unneccesary job, we showed your husband the brakes and explained they were getting close to needing replaced, and would he like to replace them while he was here. Which he did.
However, if you feel we should not have done this, please bring them in to me, and I will refund your money in full.
Our goal is to be upfront and honest with our customers, and not sell them anything that isn't needed. I hope we can reach a pleasant resolution, and show you we have no intent to deceive you or your husband, or anyone else.

Robert H.
Burlington, KY
2006 Hyundai Tiburon
03/01/2018 Category: Service
Customer Service Matters Everywhere and All The Time
I came in specifically to have my break lights replaced, receive an oil change, have my check engine light checked, and have a squeaky belt checked. The initial contact in the garage said approximately 2 hours: "an hour and a half, two hours at most" to quote. If I was told it would take longer I would have simply rescheduled for another time. I dropped off the car and ran errands (within walking distance). I called 3 hours later: there was no answer- so I left a voicemail. An hour after that, I called again, and talked to Mitchell who stated he was putting together an estimate for me based on my check engine light and that he would call me right back. I didn't hear from anyone for an hour and I called back again, no one answered. I came back into the shop and no one seemed to know what was going on with my car. Mitchell came out and put together an estimate right there in front of me (not already prepped). He stated 3 services needed that they did not have the parts for and pointed out that the check engine light was on only due to a bad gas cap. I then asked about the oil change and the tail lights: in the 5 hours my car was there, neither were completed. They rushed to get my oil change completed and presented my bill. I understand the $60 charge for the check engine light, but that could not go towards the gas cap apparently because it was only a part and not a service. I left 5 and a half hours later with a gas cap, an oil change, and a $120 bill, along with 3 services diagnosed but unresolved. Worse than my money being wasted my time was wasted. For all of this, when I voiced my grievance, no amends were made and there was obviously no concern with my inconvenience and dismay. It bothers me that there was no concern to redeem themselves or make amends for such poor customer service. I since have taken my car to another mechanic, received wonderful customer service, and resolved all issues with my vehicle at less than half the quoted price at Don Franklin Auto. I was working with Jack "Rock" on the sale of a Lexus RC (F model). Jack was great, but due to how I was cheated and poorly treated by the mechanics of Don Franklin Auto, I can only wonder how much I would be cheating on the pricing Jack proposed on the Lexus. Due to the poor treatment I received, I refused to give anymore of my business, my money, or my time to Don Franklin through a sale with Jack. I will not return to Don Franklin, and I will recommend the same to all I know.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/02/2018

I'm not quite sure where to begin with this, other than I am embarassed, angry and deeply sorry for your experience. After speaking with my staff, it seems like too many people were involved, and nobody took responsibility.
Let me say, this is not typical, but I completely understand your anger and frustration. I would feel the same, had I experienced what you did here.
I have addressed this with my entire staff, and we are taking steps to correct it.
I would like to offer you a complete refund, along with a sincere apology. Please contact me at your convenience.