Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5rating 4.5333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 hour ago

DE
Doug E.
Midway, KY
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/10/2019 Category: Service
the folks at Don Franklin responded to my concerns and in less than an hour resolved them.
there was a miscommunication with the service team & myself and when the service manager was make aware of this issue, made an immediate & satisfactory resolution. His communication also advised me as to future information that I need to provide to the service department.
Thank you.

07/10/2019 Category: Service
Not honoring what the customer purchased & not communicating this either.
Honor your commitments to customers and don't say "Oh that was Glenn, you have to go there to have it (what I bought) accepted".
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

It was nice speaking with you today. I do apologize for the mistake on our part. I will be sending out your refund check shortly. Thank you for taking the time to allow me to fix the situation. We look forward to seeing you again.
Have a great day!

06/11/2019 Category: Service
Mt
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

I am very sorry you have had these issues. However, the coolant leak issue was in no way related to the fuel pump repair. That was caused by someone trying to glue a coolant connector together at a previous time. Unfortunately, this repair was done by someone trying to save money and cut corners. We had no part in that attempted repair.
The vehicle was not running when it came to us, so we do not know what was working or what wasn't. We do our best to give the highest quality repairs, at a fair price. Unfortunately, we do see vehicles that have had sub-par repairs done to them, by other shops. We cannot take responsibility for those, only what we do. We will be happy to work with you in the future, and we hope we can continue to provide you with expert service, done in a professional manner.
Thank you for your business, and have a wonderful day.

AD
Angela D.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
05/10/2019 Category: Service
Customer service needs work
Overall everything was ok. I’m biased because of the rude, discourteous and unprofessional treatment I received when dropping off my car. It was a couple mins past closing but the overhead door was still open. She treated me like an inconvenience.
ANDREW W. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

I am very sorry for how you were treated. I have spoken to the individual, and taken disciplinary action as a result. This is not how we strive to make our customers feel. Please accept our apology, and assurance this will not happen again.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Kenny S.
Sadieville, KY
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Went in for service, left with more service
With the exception of my last visit, I have NEVER had a problem with their service. They've always been friendly, professional, helpful, and careful with my car. During my last visit, I left with 3 different kinds of damages to my car.

1) Tore the tint on my passenger-side window while replacing a door lock
2) Spilled some liquid down the front of my Sonata which melted/removed the paint.
3) Left dealership with a screw in the tire of which I had to pay to get plugged and patched elsewhere.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

Thank you so much for bring this to our attention. We have you scheduled this afternoon for repairs and to look at these issues and repair your tint today. It was a pleasure speaking with you, and we look forward to seeing you later today.

Kristina Bishop
BDC Service Manager
Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai
8592635020 ext 1805
kristinabishop@donfranklinauto.com

Georgetown, KY
01/13/2019 Category: Service
Could be better
Some service staff needs to learn, how to treat customers on phone or physically when they are there. Spending one grand to fix car and they don’t wash your car or not even tell you what they did in car, what improvement car needs. Did not even inspect my car. When i called to ask question, made me feel like they don’t care about customers.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/15/2019

Unfortunately, our carwash was closed during the time you were here. The temperature below freezing at the time, makes for a very hazardous parking lot, and drive lanes.
Im a bit confused about the other, as we did several services and brakes on front and rear, which we would have needed your permission to do beforehand.
I feel perhaps our communications crossed wires during the visit, and while we felt we were relaying information, apparently it did not come through in a way that helped you to understand fully what was being done.
We will work on that aspect of our process, and your next visit should be more clear.
Feel free to stop in anytime for a complimentary carwash. Please keep in mind, when the temperature is below freezing, we may or may not have it open.

SR
Samantha R.
12/28/2018 Category: Service
Too busy; lacking in service
Has become too busy and customer service is lacking.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/31/2018

I apologize for the lack of communication. We try to have arrangements for customers who are picking up late. Not sure why you couldnt get with someone in service at 4pm, but I will look into that as well.
We have seen a big increase in our business since the Franklin's purchased the dealership. We have experienced some growing pains, and hopefully will have them sorted out quickly.
We value all of our customers, and hope we can improve on your experience with the service department.
Thank you for your feedback.

Donna M.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change 3 Hrs.
It should not take any longer than an hour for an oil change
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

I agree that is too long for the oil change, but with also finding the noise in the seat, was part of the delay. Still, that seems excessive. If you could contact me, I would like to help resolve this with you. Thank you for your feedback, and hope to hear from you.

FG
Frank G.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Better Service Representative
I had an appointment at 0800 am for my 2012 Hyundai Elantra for a simple service and it was not done until 4:00 pm. That is unacceptable service.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/02/2018

I apologize for our communication, and timeliness with your vehicle. I am glad I got to speak with you, and have spoken with those involved, and taken actions to prevent them in the future.

09/22/2018 Category: Service
Lack of comminucation
I was expecting a 2 day service experience but ended up with a frustrating 2 week experience with a lack of communication. I believe the work was done appropriately, but the frustration of the experience has me looking elsewhere for future service.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/24/2018

I am looking inot this, to see what went wrong. I will be reaching out to you.

MU
Marsha U.
09/12/2018 Category: Service
simple oil change
shouldn't take 2 hours. tire rotations shouldn't ruin your valve stem caps.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/12/2018

I do apologize for your wait. The wheels on your vehicle were a very limited run on only a few vehicles. That isn't an excuse, for us not knowing that, but it is out of the ordinary.
When we get the new ones in, I will make sure the vehicle is taken in and completed as quickly as possible.
I again apologize for your inconvenience. If you have any other issues or comments, please feel free to contact me at any time.

09/08/2018 Category: Service
Oil changes take too long!
Oil changes took 2 hours without an explanation prior or preceding. I am very busy and did not have a good experience. I will not be back.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/10/2018

I hate to hear you had a bad experience. I reviewed your repair order, and see there were other things done, however, we should have communicated the time frame better. I apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate the feedback. I will discuss this with those involved.

TP
Thomas P.
Versailles, KY
07/26/2018 Category: Service
2015 hyundai
I talked in detail with the service lady that called me on Wednesday about my experience.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/26/2018

I spoke with Kristina in the BDC, whom you spoke with. I am addressing these issues with our staff, as they are not acceptable. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I want to assure you this is not a typical experience, and I have no excuses as to why this happened. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope to see you again.

KH
Kathye H.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Kathye Hollopeter
needs improvement
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

I truly apologize for your inspection report not being filled out properly. I won't try to make excuses as to why it wasn't because there aren't any. I have spoken with your advisor, as well as the technician and expressed my disappointment in both of them. This is not how we want our service department to conduct itself.
Again, I sincerely apologize for this, and will do all I can to make sure it does not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely,

2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/16/2018 Category: Service
Took longer than quoted

I am so sorry for this happening. There is no excuse for it, and I have spoken to the individual responsible. Please be assured this is very unusual and I will make sure it does not happen again.
I know it does not make up for the mistake, but please accept my apology, and a free oil change on your next service. Simply print out this email,or show it to your advisor.
I sincerely hope we can restore your confidence in us, and truly value your business.

BD
Barbara D.
Georgetown, KY
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Should have been better
I had my appointment at the end of the day, everyone was ready to go, and the service left much to be desired. I won't rerun here
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2018

I am truly sorry about your experience. I have spoken to those involved to remedy this. It shouldn't matter if you are the first or last customer of the day, good service is deserved by all of our customers.
I won't try and make excuses, as there are none for poor customer service. I do hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you, on a future visit.
Thank you for your feedback.

Jammie P.
Elkhorn City, KY
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Out of stock?!
Communicated with the service department twice within a week of my visit. Drive three hours and they were “out of stock” on the parts needed. Why waste my day, time, and gas?
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your incovenience. Although we have a large parts inventory, especially with cars that a bit older, we don't have everything needed to complete the repair.
If you could contact me, and let me know how we can make this up to you, I would be glad to help in any way I can.
Thank you for your feedback, and have a great day.

Paris, KY
06/11/2018 Category: Service
Conflicting information on oil consumption test
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you could please contact me, at your convenience, hopefully I can clear up any confusion about the oil consumption test. You can email or call. If I miss your call, please leave a message, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Somerset, KY
04/10/2018 Category: Service
Slow
Very slow
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/11/2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we humbly ask for the opportunity to make this right. Thank you providing this information so we can improve upon our services.
Take Care!

Kristina Bishop
BDC Service Manager
Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai
8592635020
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/18/2018

As a result of your feedback, I had our scheduling department review this. We have identified an issue that was allowing overrides to be made. Thinking they were doing something nice by fitting someone in, they now realize it makes the situation worse as a result. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and allowing us to make some changes to help prevent this in the future.

Sincerely,

Benjamin B.
Berea, KY
2015 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/16/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service
The service department here is horrible. They never communicate with you, the customer, does a haphazard repair job. Would not bring our vehicles here again. My wife's "repaired" sun roof liner looks horrible and it took them over a week to repair it and they had to order parts three times, but never told my wife that her car wasn't ready, or even call her back when she been waiting for it. Would not buy another Hyundai there either.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/16/2018

I agree this was an absolute horrible service visit. I am bringing all involved in for a meeting about how this happened. Let me reassure you this is completely unacceptable, and I can't have my parts and service departments conduct business this way. We completely dropped the ball on this one, and I won't make any excuses for it. But I will correct it quickly.
I sincerely apologize and hope you give us another opportunity to show you how we truly conduct our daily operations. This was not it.

Sincerely

London, KY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Issues resolved
Thank you for taking care of the issues I addressed.

02/13/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service
This service department has really gone downhill over the years. Poor customer service.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/15/2018

I am so sorry to see you had a bad experience with us. I spoken to both the writers involved. Matt will be contacting you. We do appreciate your feedback.