Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5rating 4.5333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

10/11/2019 Category: Service
Took a hour and a half for oil change and tire rotation
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

I do apologize that your service took a bit longer than normal to complete. Your service usually takes about an hour, but at times we do get a bit backed up with unforeseeable issues. We hope your next visit will be up to par.
Take care!

Russell Springs, KY
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Communication Needs Improvement
I am a loyal Don Franklin customer and have experienced the different dealerships in the Don Franklin Family of dealers. This dealership service department, at least the service advisors, need improvement with communicating with the customer.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for your business, and also for your feedback. We are looking at some different processes to improve in this area. We hope these new processes will improve your next experience. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Barbara M.
08/07/2019 Category: Service
Only service provider I use...
Only one who has serviced my car, they sold it to me and I feel they will work hard to keep me coming back. They can call me by name.
ALEXIS H. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

I apologize for your experience. Monday mornings are a very busy time here and although we strive to give you nothing but five star service, apparently we missed this time.  We appreciate your business and hope to give you excellent service in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

Thank you for your business, I will pull your repair order, and get with you on any needed services, first of the week.

859-263-5022
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

I looked at the repair order, I see we did recommend some repairs, but as for maintenance items, you are good for now.

07/28/2019 Category: Service
Servicing
I was told I needed an entire new part when I only needed a single part. Dealerships are extensive and I don’t like getting work done through them.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We hope that you have a great day!

2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Long wait time for service
I’m happy with my repairs however I feel like the communication to the customer needs to be improved.. I had no idea they would have my car for a few weeks.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/02/2019

Thank you for your response. We do apologize for the lengthy delay. The parts needed for your vehicle, were on backorder with Hyundai, however, we should have communicated that to you better. As well as keeping you updated along the way. We will do a better job in the future.

James C.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Employees are nice and generally care about their customers
A 7 day wait for an oil change, for a vehicle you bought from Don Franklin, in Lexington, KY . Is UNACCEPTABLE !! It would appear that employees of Don Franklin, want your vehicle, NOT to have the required warranty. t wonder if, it would be best to say to HELL with warranty, and go someplace else fix your, were you can get your oil changed, in one, day or a few hours.

However, I would recommend, buying a vehicle from Don Franklin, Hyundai. The vehicles are great on LOOKS AND GAS MILEAGE
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

I do apologize for your wait. Our service department experiences a very high volume this time of year, and it fills our schedule very quickly. We normally can get walk ins done in a timely manner, but do try to make sure those who have appointments don't get passed over.
We understand this can be frustrating, but we don't like to have customers wait too long because of over booking. So it can get difficult to find the right balance of wanting to take care of everyone, and still do it in a timely manner. We are planning an expansion of our facilities, to accomodate our large increase in volume, since becoming part of the Don Franklin family of dealerships.
Our service scheduling department and online appointments are great to find a date and time that works.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, and hopefully in a more timely manner.
Thank you for your business, and feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

SL
Steven L.
Versailles, KY
04/17/2019 Category: Service
No parts
We have a 2013 Elantra so I can partly understand why they had no parts in stock for the low tire light sensors but brake pads not being in stock could be a safety issue for us until serviced. (Although, I have a 2005 Ford Expedition and the service department I go to has never Not had a part when needed at the point of service. They also have a much better, larger customer waiting area with a small cafe...I'm just sayin'). Sales person Kayla was very friendly, understanding and apologetic for the parts not being in stock. She also acknowledged and corrected the error on the warranted sensor programming charges, but I did have to point it out. Additionally, I've had other issues in the past regarding a tire constantly deflating (filling it up weekly). Numerous requests to check it out netted no solution from the service department. They couldn't find anything, no nail, not the valve stem....nothing. The last time I had the deflated tire I took it down the street to Costco. They found a nail and fixed the tire for ten bucks.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/17/2019

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the part not being in stock. Hyundai has changed our delivery process, and we have been struggling for a couple of weeks, to get our parts stock deliveries during the change over. Since the Franklin's bought the company, they have put plans in place to upgrade all of our facilities, and we look forward to having a more pleasant waiting area for our customers.
We will do our best to work on the issues you have expressed, and look forward to giving you a better experience next time in.
Please feel free to contact me anytime, with any questions or concerns.

Versailles, KY
03/05/2019 Category: Service
It was ok. The work got done.
It shouldn’t take 2.5 hours to do a simple oil change when you have an appointment set. I could see that if I were a walk-in customer. The service rep was friendly, the place was clean but just felt that maybe too many appointments were scheduled at once.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/05/2019

You are right, it should not have taken that long. I won't make any excuses, as it is our job to overcome any issues that arise, to make sure the customer is not inconvenienced. I truly apologize for the long wait.
Please accept your next oil change on us, as our way of trying to remedy your bad experience. We will definitely do better.
Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

London, KY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Return for service
Recently visited and now back because brakes are over used
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/28/2019

Yes, brakes are supposed to be checked when we do services. I'm sorry you had to return, for something we may have missed in January. I am pulling your service records to see where we went wrong in our process. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my apology and a free oil change and tire rotation for your troubles.
Thank you again, and have a great day!

02/11/2019 Category: Service
My Sonata
I was a bit disappointed that my car sounded worse after my scheduled maintenance when the purpose is to make it better for the road. I think it is weird that alignment isnt considered while rotating tires. This type of issue ruins the maximum output of tires and this was ignored. I have had a Toyota all my life and there is a huge difference in how Hyundai does their oil changes. They may want to take a field trip to the other side and grab a few tips.
I still love my car but I am concerned about the focal points of Hyundai's maintenance and road hazard preventions.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We do look at tire wear and steering components while doing our inspections. Sometimes there are some wear patterns that will cause a bit of a noise, due to not being properly rotated previously.
We did recommend and alignment and tires on your visit, and that was definitely not ignored. We would love to have you return for those services.
I have inspected our floor into the waiting room, there is a ramp for wheelchair access, but I haven't seen anything other than a carpet, that could have caused you to trip. Hopefully your next visit will go smoother.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your business.

01/22/2019 Category: Service
Mistakes happen
Read the above comments
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/22/2019

I do apologize for the mistake. We are in the process of upgrading our technology, which will enable the vin scan process. Unfortunately, we did make a mistake, which caused an inconvenience for you. Hopefully, it won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen B.
01/19/2019 Category: Service
Karen B
I’ve been pleased enough about the service but not as pleased with the car itself since I’ve had to bring it in for service twice in 15 months. I feel that with a new car I shouldn’t have had issues.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/21/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me about your concerns. I enjoyed speaking with you, and I hope I have helped you with resolving the problems you have had with your Tucson. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any questions you may have, we are always happy to help!

TC
Tom C.
Winchester, KY
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed this visit.
I certainly hope that this experience was just a fluke as I usually receive great services.

I do apologize that you did not have a better visit with us. I have tried contacting you by phone with no success. Please contact me directly by phone or email at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the issues that happened on your visit, and work on a resolution.
Thank you and have a great evening!

AC
April C.
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Key fob not programmed, still charged
I took a key fob in to get cut & programmed. But because it wasn’t purchased from Hyundai they were unable to program it & I was still charged $80.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

I would like to talk to you about this issue. I would like to call and talk to you rather than email back and forth. I think we can reach a fair resolution. Please let me know a good time to reach out to you.

Owenton, KY
12/15/2018 Category: Service
Average amenities/good value
Good value for oil change and rotation. They could use more staff to answer phones, keep waiting room clean and stocked and they didn’t wash my car with my service. But, no one was rude and the service was pretty fast.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/17/2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! I do apologize that your calls were not answered, I will be checking our phone records to see where the breakdown happened so this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for trusting us with your Sonata, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

8592635020

CP
Cynthia P.
2018 Hyundai Kona
12/02/2018 Category: Service
Actual service was excellent once they noticed me.
Although there was a delay due to distracted staff at the time of my arrival, the service itself was completed well in an efficient fashion. My problem was one the service team had not seen before so several came to inspect and discuss it before deciding on a course of action. They respected my input and solved my problem.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/03/2018

I hate to hear of your experience. This is not how we want to conduct our service drive, nor how we want our customers treated. I will review our process with our staff today, to make sure we are properly greeting and welcoming our customers.
Please accept our apology for this. We know your next visit will be much better.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

PW
Patricia W.
Corinth, KY
2015 Hyundai Elantra
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Engine Repair
see previous comment
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/30/2018

I do apologize for our lack of communication. You are completely justified in your frustration, and I have spoken with Matt about it. I would love the opportunity to show you we are better than your last visit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or other concerns. Thank you for your feedback, and have a great day!

10/18/2018 Category: Service
Need more help and more attention to detail.
Did it
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/19/2018

I will have Mitchell contact you to try and remedy this, with the least inconvenience to you. As well, we will discussing communication with our customers, and I have given them tools to aid in that part of your visit.
Thank you for your feedback, this helps me improve the customer experience.
Have a great day.

Alireza M.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Customer care
Promises
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/10/2018

I am sorry for your unpleasant experience. If you would contact me with the coupon details, I will be happy to refund you the amount of the coupon.
Thank you and have a great day.

RT
Russ T.
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Communication
If service rep is out, no one knows anything
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/28/2018

We are so sorry about the lack of communication during your service visit. Unfortunatly, when an Advisor is at lunch, my scheduling agents do not have the access to see whats going on with your vehicle while it is being diagnosed. I do agree that when you are told that you would receive a call in an hour, you should be called then even if the diagnosis isnt finished yet and not 3 hrs later. We thank you for your feedback, and we are taking steps in our Service Department to improve on comunication with our customers so this doesnt happen in the future. We thank you for your business, and hope to have the chance in the future to show you the best our team has to offer.
Take care.