GG
Gary G.
2019 Hyundai Sonata
06/13/2020 Category: Service
Average service
Service took a bit longer than expected and they forgot to reset service interval. I assume that's not a hard thing to do.
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/16/2020

We apologize for not resetting the maintenance reminder. If you would like to stop by, anytime, we can do that for you. Yes, it is a pretty quick thing to do, and there is no excuse for not doing it. We will do our best to be quicker next time, while still providing the best service possible. Thank you for your feedback.

Marlon H.
Lawrenceburg, KY
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Friendly but timing needs improvement
Communication is lacking when it comes to updates on car while it’s being serviced but friendly staff nonetheless
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

We truly appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

I do apologize, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will speak with our staff about doing better with communication. We hope this won't be an issue for you in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments you may have.
Thank you and have a great day.

Lawrenceburg, KY
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
12/15/2019 Category: Service
⭐⭐⭐
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/16/2019

I am so sorry for this unprofessional behavior. I am speaking with all staff today about how we expect them to behave in our dealership. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Maysville, KY
2019 Hyundai Elantra
12/09/2019 Category: Service
Acceptable
Was okay.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

Thank you for your feedback, and for your business. Please let us know what we can improve on, to make your visit a 5 star one.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
11/05/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
My car was fixed but not without the lack of concern from the service technicians
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 11/06/2019

I'm very sorry about your experience. That is totally unacceptable, and not how I want my department to operate. I have spoken with everyone in our service lane, and expressed to them the importance of communication, from the time our customers arrive, when they should be properly greeted, as well as during the repair.
I am sure you will see an improvement on your next visit. If you ever have any concerns or issues, please feel free to contact me directly.
We truly appreciate your business, and hope to do a better job showing you that in the future.
Have a wonderful day.

10/11/2019 Category: Service
Took a hour and a half for oil change and tire rotation
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

I do apologize that your service took a bit longer than normal to complete. Your service usually takes about an hour, but at times we do get a bit backed up with unforeseeable issues. We hope your next visit will be up to par.
Take care!

Russell Springs, KY
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Communication Needs Improvement
I am a loyal Don Franklin customer and have experienced the different dealerships in the Don Franklin Family of dealers. This dealership service department, at least the service advisors, need improvement with communicating with the customer.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for your business, and also for your feedback. We are looking at some different processes to improve in this area. We hope these new processes will improve your next experience. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Barbara M.
Georgetown, KY
08/07/2019 Category: Service
Only service provider I use...
Only one who has serviced my car, they sold it to me and I feel they will work hard to keep me coming back. They can call me by name.
AH
ALEXIS H. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

I apologize for your experience. Monday mornings are a very busy time here and although we strive to give you nothing but five star service, apparently we missed this time.  We appreciate your business and hope to give you excellent service in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

Thank you for your business, I will pull your repair order, and get with you on any needed services, first of the week.

AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

I looked at the repair order, I see we did recommend some repairs, but as for maintenance items, you are good for now.

07/28/2019 Category: Service
Servicing
I was told I needed an entire new part when I only needed a single part. Dealerships are extensive and I don’t like getting work done through them.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We hope that you have a great day!

2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Long wait time for service
I’m happy with my repairs however I feel like the communication to the customer needs to be improved.. I had no idea they would have my car for a few weeks.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/02/2019

Thank you for your response. We do apologize for the lengthy delay. The parts needed for your vehicle, were on backorder with Hyundai, however, we should have communicated that to you better. As well as keeping you updated along the way. We will do a better job in the future.

James C.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Employees are nice and generally care about their customers
A 7 day wait for an oil change, for a vehicle you bought from Don Franklin, in Lexington, KY . Is UNACCEPTABLE !! It would appear that employees of Don Franklin, want your vehicle, NOT to have the required warranty. t wonder if, it would be best to say to HELL with warranty, and go someplace else fix your, were you can get your oil changed, in one, day or a few hours.

However, I would recommend, buying a vehicle from Don Franklin, Hyundai. The vehicles are great on LOOKS AND GAS MILEAGE
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

I do apologize for your wait. Our service department experiences a very high volume this time of year, and it fills our schedule very quickly. We normally can get walk ins done in a timely manner, but do try to make sure those who have appointments don't get passed over.
We understand this can be frustrating, but we don't like to have customers wait too long because of over booking. So it can get difficult to find the right balance of wanting to take care of everyone, and still do it in a timely manner. We are planning an expansion of our facilities, to accomodate our large increase in volume, since becoming part of the Don Franklin family of dealerships.
Our service scheduling department and online appointments are great to find a date and time that works.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, and hopefully in a more timely manner.
Thank you for your business, and feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.
Have a great day!

SL
Steven L.
Versailles, KY
04/17/2019 Category: Service
No parts
We have a 2013 Elantra so I can partly understand why they had no parts in stock for the low tire light sensors but brake pads not being in stock could be a safety issue for us until serviced. (Although, I have a 2005 Ford Expedition and the service department I go to has never Not had a part when needed at the point of service. They also have a much better, larger customer waiting area with a small cafe...I'm just sayin'). Sales person Kayla was very friendly, understanding and apologetic for the parts not being in stock. She also acknowledged and corrected the error on the warranted sensor programming charges, but I did have to point it out. Additionally, I've had other issues in the past regarding a tire constantly deflating (filling it up weekly). Numerous requests to check it out netted no solution from the service department. They couldn't find anything, no nail, not the valve stem....nothing. The last time I had the deflated tire I took it down the street to Costco. They found a nail and fixed the tire for ten bucks.
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/17/2019

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the part not being in stock. Hyundai has changed our delivery process, and we have been struggling for a couple of weeks, to get our parts stock deliveries during the change over. Since the Franklin's bought the company, they have put plans in place to upgrade all of our facilities, and we look forward to having a more pleasant waiting area for our customers.
We will do our best to work on the issues you have expressed, and look forward to giving you a better experience next time in.
Please feel free to contact me anytime, with any questions or concerns.
Have a great day!

Versailles, KY
03/05/2019 Category: Service
It was ok. The work got done.
It shouldn’t take 2.5 hours to do a simple oil change when you have an appointment set. I could see that if I were a walk-in customer. The service rep was friendly, the place was clean but just felt that maybe too many appointments were scheduled at once.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/05/2019

You are right, it should not have taken that long. I won't make any excuses, as it is our job to overcome any issues that arise, to make sure the customer is not inconvenienced. I truly apologize for the long wait.
Please accept your next oil change on us, as our way of trying to remedy your bad experience. We will definitely do better.
Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

London, KY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Return for service
Recently visited and now back because brakes are over used
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/28/2019

Yes, brakes are supposed to be checked when we do services. I'm sorry you had to return, for something we may have missed in January. I am pulling your service records to see where we went wrong in our process. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my apology and a free oil change and tire rotation for your troubles.
Thank you again, and have a great day!

02/11/2019 Category: Service
My Sonata
I was a bit disappointed that my car sounded worse after my scheduled maintenance when the purpose is to make it better for the road. I think it is weird that alignment isnt considered while rotating tires. This type of issue ruins the maximum output of tires and this was ignored. I have had a Toyota all my life and there is a huge difference in how Hyundai does their oil changes. They may want to take a field trip to the other side and grab a few tips.
I still love my car but I am concerned about the focal points of Hyundai's maintenance and road hazard preventions.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We do look at tire wear and steering components while doing our inspections. Sometimes there are some wear patterns that will cause a bit of a noise, due to not being properly rotated previously.
We did recommend and alignment and tires on your visit, and that was definitely not ignored. We would love to have you return for those services.
I have inspected our floor into the waiting room, there is a ramp for wheelchair access, but I haven't seen anything other than a carpet, that could have caused you to trip. Hopefully your next visit will go smoother.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your business.