MICHAEL L.
Happy Valley, OR
Chevrolet Silverado SS
05/01/2021
Trust.
When I dropped off my truck I had a list of things I wanted done and checked. I had the items read back to me to make sure he got everything. That was 10 am.
One of the things was lubing a squeeky seat belt pully. He did that for free, thank you.
They didn't call to let me know that they were done. I called at 2pm pm and no one answered. Called again at 3pm and was told it had been done for quite a while, very annoying!
Then when I came to pick it up I find out that they didn't change the fuel filter that I asked them to do. He asked if I could drop the truck off again on Monday if I wasn't busy.
My weekdays are always busy. I make time in my schedule to have my truck serviced. I just want it done in a timely manner.
I stopped at Autozone and picked up a fuel filter, I will be changing it myself today.
Kris J. from First Choice Auto Service responded on 05/03/2021

Hi Mike,
I was off when you came in last Friday, my front couter guy "Nick" had told me he made a mistake and miss understood on replacing your fuel filter. When you said its been a while he told me he should have confirmed if you wanted it replaced. Also we typically call all customers when the vehicle is done, he said he saw you ride off on your bike and just assummed you would be back in a couple hours. He didn't know you were riding home, either way he said he accepts full responsibility and he should have called-reguardless. I'm so sorry to have to put you through a bunch of trouble on your day off-I know the last thing you wanted to do was to replace a fuel filter and get fuel all over on your day off, UGH. I just want you to know we always appreciated any feed back so we can be bettter and we always try to meet or exceeed our customers needs, also "THANK YOU" for being a long time loyal customer since 2010. Your NEXT OIL CHANGE will be on us, thank you again for your patroage and the feed back!

Sincerly, Kris Jones
Owner

P.S. I know you picked up the fuel filter part already-if you haven't put it in yet please swing by any time today and we will install in at no charge.

KK
KAREN K.
BMW Z4
01/14/2021
Battery Replacement
Your communication was very good. I believe the battery installation was over priced and oil change price increased from last time. Didn’t receive warranty on battery.
Kris J. from First Choice Auto Service responded on 02/09/2021

Hi Karen,
We do appreciate your business here alot! Typically we charge the customer the same price on a battery for what ever you would have paid if you walked into a Napa Parts store and purchased it yourself. Most cars we do not even charge any labor-although on some European cars we have to pay our techs because they are time consuming to get to and change. When we looked up the labor time on your 2005 BMW Z-4 IT CALLED FOR .8 hours-so 120.00 shop rate x .8 = $96.00-We then gave you a 46.00 discount off the labor just to help you out-kmnowing its alot to absorb. so you paid 50.00 of labor to install.

Warranty-Sorry not sure what you are refering to-we have never installed a battery on this car before please call us if diferent-we always do the right thing if there is any warranty that needs to be given.

On you oil chang after checking our records I only see you car in here for 2 other visits-both oil changes (9-13-2018 and 9-21-2017)
I also checked the pricing at it looks like we charged you the exact same price as we did 2017 & 2018.

Again if you ever have any question please don't hesitate to call and ask us. Thanks again for your reviews and the chance to work on your cars.

Kris J.

Dave S.
Portland, OR
Chrysler 300
07/22/2020 Category: Service
Dave said he likes the staff, but he will have to take his vehicle back.

TL
Tina L.
Volvo XC90
12/05/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Derek. He said the staff wasn't able to fix a problem they thought they fixed.

Kirk S.
Vancouver, WA
Saturn SL
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Kirk said his overall experience with this business was average and everything was fine.

Jim W.
07/20/2017 Category: Service
Jim said they did what they thought was best but his vehicle broke down after the service visit.

ZM
Zabrina M.
Milwaukie, OR
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
03/23/2015 Category: Service
Zabrina said she had a diagnostic done and she was charged a high price.