Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5rating 4.2293581
Overall Rating 2.1743167/5Overall Rating 2.1743167/5rating 2.1743167rating 2.1743167rating 2.1743167

Shawn M.
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Terrible customer experience
Never have I been so confused and so badly treated. No one explained to me what was going on with my repair. I didn’t get the curtesy of a phone call. I was texted everything from beginning to end. I called only to be put on hold multiple times and to be argued with about what I was asking. All I wanted was some clarity. I feel as though no one gives a crap, now I have my car back with no explanation of what to expect. I’m just so disgusted and disappointed in the lack of communication and rude arrogant attitudes at this location
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

I am disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you could provide me some additional feedback, or if there is anything I  can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4831. I had tried to contact you, however your mailbox is full.

-Chris

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/29/2019 Category: Service
Incomplete service and poor communication from staff
Of three items on the service request only one was completed to our satisfaction. The second was addressed at a surface level, and due to lack of communication from the dealership could not be completed the same day. The third item was verbally addressed by the service adviser but never made it to the ticket and not even looked at.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Sir, Thank you for taking my call this morning. I look forward to your call when you have figured out your schedule and can return to have us look at the vehicle again for the check engine light.

Brett Davis
Service Director
(301)258-4496

07/26/2019 Category: Service
Horrible Customer Service
Took the car there for a recall only. I will never buy a car there, they are rude! Except Becky the lady that made the appointment was super nice!
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/26/2019

Could you please contact me at 301-670-4845 at your earliest convenience. I would like to review your visit and attempt to make it right for you. We absolutely will not tolerate any of our staff being rude or disrespectful. We appreciate you coming to use us for service to begin with and would like to continue to service you if possible or at least be able to correct our inadequacies.

Chris

07/01/2019 Category: Service
My the
I
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/02/2019

Looking at your response on the survey there is lots of question  unanswered . Please give me a call so we can discuss more about your service visit and how we can improve are score for your next visit.

Hyundai Service Manger

WO
William O.
Potomac, MD
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Cost to replace key fob far too high
Although I like the customer service at Fitzgerald Hyundai, the cost to replace a remote fob was far too high, at $195. I have to assume other service is similarly expensive.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/01/2019

We are sorry you think the prices are too high at this location . We sent a Mazda to Gaithersburg Mazda to have a key made for a customer this morning . They charge $395.00 to have ONE key made. That was parts, labor , regulator compliance fee, hazardous waste, shop supplies , diagnostic equipment fee (part was $215.98 and labor $138.50 ) The rest was fees .  The differences between us and other dealers. We did not charge anything but part and labor (part is  $116.75 plus tax Labor $68.50.
Also the First time you came in you purchase the wrong remote online.  We did not charge you any thing to try to program that remote that was wrong. Most shop would've charge you for try to program the remote.  Any question please feel free to call and speak more about this .

AQ
Asia Q.
Rockville, MD
06/15/2019 Category: Service
Poor wait time and lack of customer service.
Individual did not provide good customer service and I waited two hours for something as simple as a changing tail light bulb, which wasn’t even fixed at the time of my visit. I had to take it to another technician, who fixed it in under 10 minutes. They also wanted to change me between 50-160 dollars just to look at the car and figure out what was wrong with my tail light. I typically have good visits at this location but, this particular experience has made me realize I won’t be going back again. It shouldn’t have taken so long to assess and fix such a simple problem.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/15/2019

Asia,
  I am sorry that it took two hours to finish your vehicle.  That is really unacceptable and way too long.  We have been adding staff in our express service to handle the increased volume but obviously will have to evaluate adding more. Hopefully we can distribute the work load and shorten wait time. We will make adjustments and strive to be better. Your advisor is also very new and is actually still training. We apologize and will make necessary skills training to address his shortcomings.  Please contact us as we would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

2019 Hyundai Tucson
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Time keeps on ticking into the future
God lord, 2 hrs for an oil change.

We apologize that it took two hours to finish your vehicle. That is really unacceptable and an excessive time to wait. We have been adding staff in our express service to handle the increased volume but will obviously have to evaluate adding more. We would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
Good Value
Service managers responded to all my needs. Did a very good job.

06/11/2019 Category: Service
Be honest, and honor your discounts.
They didn’t seem interested in honoring their discounts.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

We are trying to reach out to your service visit. Please give us a call 301-670-4800

Hyundai Service Lane

James S.
Damascus, MD
Lost car
Terrible, they could not locate my keys/car for 45 minutes
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

We are disappointed with your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru as well, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Complimentary drinks and snacks
Nice courteous people. Found out that the mechanics only do visual repairs.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/06/2019

Sir,
Your vehicle had been aligned at a another shop, unfortunately  they had bent the subframe bolt or someone may have hit something. Your vehicle has also been taken between two different Hyundai dealers.  You and I had also had a conversation on how your vehicle had been driven by one of your family members and how rough they were on your vehicle.  We are here to help repair the vehicle correctly, unfortunately without all the info from the customer (you) it makes it much more difficult than it needs to be. Please feel free to reach out and speak to me more about your service visit(s) with Fitzgeralds as we only would like to get this repaired correctly and not have you upset with the quality of our service work and experience.

EH
Elise H.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
05/31/2019 Category: Service
Bad service
They are out to get your money
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/01/2019

Ms. Harper, that concerns us that you have the perception that we are out to get your money . Our GOAL however is to make sure your car is safe for the road  for you, your family and all others traveling on the roadways. When our tech started to remove the nail thats when he noticed it went in your tire at an angle. We were unable to patch the tire as it does not adhere to safe repair practices set by the tire manufacturers and it would have been an inappropriate repair. It is a bit unfair to make your claim that we were out to get when we didn't push the tire sale and let you to bring your own tire so we could install it. We unfortunately could not tell nail that you had picked up in your tire had intruded at an angle and we sincerely apologize we couldn't have foreseen it. We would like to continue to service your vehicle and would rather not have a poor relationship over a false perception. If you would like to talk more about your visit please feel free to reach out.

Hyundai Service Manager

John S.
04/13/2019 Category: Service
No airbag? We don’t care, that’s the fitz way
I have been in several times to the Gaithersburg location with for an airbag recall and an airbag warning light. Each time they service dept. claims it’s done, yet their recall department claims it is not done. My warning light also just came back on. Either service and recall are not communicating, or I’m driving an unsafe car. Maybe someone should tell them if I die then I can’t buy another car.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

Just to clarify the recall was for the air bag modules under both the pass and driver seats. The reason your air bag light was on was due to a clock spring issue that is in your steering wheel.  The  warranty has been ext to 15 years unlimited  miles . These are two differnet issues. Recall department is not part of our company. If you have an issues please feel free to call me at 301-548-4821 or email me .

AP
Amanda P.
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor
I had an 8:15 am appointment. I was told the car would be ready between 12 and 1, but had to call several times for updates at 2 and 3 pm. I finally received a call about my car at 3:36pm, but was not told the shop closed at 4. By the time I was able to get a ride back to the dealership they were closed.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/19/2019

We do apologizes for not keeping you updated on the service visit. We will speak with  service advisor about keeping customer informed on repairs to the car. We do get a little overwhelm on Saturdays so we are adding more tech's to help with work flow and to help get car done quicker. Please feel free to contact me on about this service visit.

Hyundai Service
301-670-4813

Leonardtown, MD
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/03/2019 Category: Service
Never again
I have brought my car there 4 times now. Once for regular maintenance (oil, tire rotation, etc), then again for a repair that didn't get fixed. The first time they told me it was my battery, so I had to pay $180 for a new battery, then I had to come back in the next day because the problem wasn't fixed, then they said it was my fuel pump, so I paid to have that fixed, still not fixed. Then the 4th time I brought it in for a recall and I leave there with a leaking brake hose/line, even though I just had my brakes repaired by a well known professional that I TRUST, and they tried to charge me $830 to have it fixed. I said I'd call to make an appt at a later time. Took it to a trusted friend and come to find out, a bolt and washer was loosened near the hose which is what was causing the leak. Unbelievable. I guess it pays to know someone in the business because if I was just some average woman, I would've been out $830. I also just happened to find the hose that they were going to charge me $500 for, and yeah, it was $15.85. I will NEVER take my car there again.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/04/2019

No you been here three times. Once on Dec 18 2017 . Then again Jan 17 2018 for fuel pump you did not pay for part . Fitzgerald the dealer asked for helpon your behalf to Hyundai . Then final time  we saw the car was One year later and 30,000 later for brake issue.  Please let me know what we did wrong again .  We have went to bat for you for your Hyundai to Hyundai.   Have a great day .

HH

Tire repair and Check up - Harper
Live up to ISO standardss
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/22/2019

Hello,

I apologize this visit was not up to par. We do not stock every tire brand and size Hyundai offers. This is why we recommended to give you a loaner car at no charge to you . Because we do understand and respect your time and how valuable time is. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to speak more about the service that was provided to you.

Hyundai Service

KC
Kemberle C.
Damascus, MD
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
Poor service from Jonathan rude very rude
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Sorry to hear about your service visit. Looking into the visit it seems we inspected the car and advised you what was wrong with the car. The repairs were decline by you.  So If you have any question or issue , Please feel free to contact me about this .

Hyundai

Arlington, VA
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Lakeforest Hyundai cares to resolve issues and puts your convenience first
My heat shield was fixed and they identified that I needed a CV axle boot replacement that would be covered under warranty. I was provided a complementary loaner vehicle for the two days my car needed service.

01/15/2019 Category: Service
Service not done adequately the first time
Had to go back to have the heat shield tightened again and its been 5 days and I have still have not received a call about a part that was ordered for me. Diagnostic fee is $137 and the job wasn't even completed adequately.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Hello,

I am sorry to hear the noise is still there. We would be more than happy to reinspect the vehicle again at no charge to you. The vehicle does have to come back in and have the warranty work performed on the vehicle.  During that visit, we could have you go on a road test with our shop foreman to pinpoint the noise. Also, the loaner car we provided was complementary from us, not Hyundai. Looking at my records, the parts were ordered January 10th and were overnighted for you. We  contacted you on Jan 11th to inform you that parts were in.

Please feel free to reach out to me so we can solve this issue.

Rockville, MD
2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
12/23/2018 Category: Service
Not fixed!
After second time visiting the dealer and getting charge for diagnosis, the check engine light came back on!
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

The check engine light can come on for over 100 different reason. Looking into the repairs we only charge half of the diagnostics charge to try and help out . Please give a me a call and I will be glad to try and help out.

31-548-4821

GS
Gregory S.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/20/2018 Category: Service
I feel like I've been ripped off for $1,800!
I was complaining about a series of knocking noises coming from my suspension. The recommendation by the top level mechanic was to replace the rack and pinion. $1,800 later, they release the car to me with the exact same problem that I had before! You would think that when a customer pay's $1,800 for a repair that someone would have the decency to test drive the car to make sure that the problem was resolved. I guess I should have never assumed anything...
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

Mr Schwartz,

The part we install on the car is a factory part. I see looking into the history on the car the front and rear shocks and struts were replaced at pep boys . We also recommend to have tires repalced first before putting the power steering rack in the car. That being said I would like to inviite you back to have you go on a road test with my shopforeman to help pinpoint the noise.
Please feel free to call or email me back .

WH
Wayiz H.
11/21/2018 Category: Service
I would never ever go back to this location
I disappoint very disappointed With service I received oil change took Two hours Plus I have to Pay for it where I pay $1865 for servicing package which includes everything oil change for life rental I was not offer free rental and I want to know why regards I’m done with this company I’m not buying or neither letting my family member go to this location or buy from this company I’m done for all my life u guys lost me forever thanks you so much for Ripping me off
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 11/21/2018

You get a $35.00 dollar credit every 90 days. You came in twice between 90 day period . So the next $35.00 credit would not be available until Dec.  Any other question please give me a call .

Hyundai Service Manager