Overall Rating 4.2761877/5Overall Rating 4.2761877/5Overall Rating 4.2761877/5Overall Rating 4.2761877/5rating 4.2761877
Overall Rating 2.1588772/5Overall Rating 2.1588772/5rating 2.1588772rating 2.1588772rating 2.1588772

DN
David N.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
09/04/2019 Category: Service
Clean, comfortable
Have had better service.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/05/2019

Dear Customer, Thank you for meeting with me this morning and going over your concerns. I had my shop foreman go over the car to determine the cause of your issues. The left front brake caliper has failed causing your brakes to overheat in the front left wheel which in turn causes brake fade in that wheel and the vehicle to pull to the right when applying the brakes. We also looked into your complaint of low tire pressure and did determine that two of the TPMS sensors need to be replaced. I see that all work has been approved and we expedite as quickly as possible and look for any discounts we can apply for you. Please continue to stay in the loaner car until we have completed the repairs.

Brett Davis
Service Director
(301)258-4496

Montgomery Village, MD
09/03/2019 Category: Service
....
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

We apologize for the way we report with our complimentary multi point inspection. We do give recommendations for items that are needed by time or mileage based on the service history we have (or not) with your vehicle. I do agree that the tech could have gone extra to pull the actual filter and not made the assumption from your histroy with us that it had been changed. The inpection of the fuel gauge or check engine light is not a part of our inspection. I will take this opportunity to improve our process with your feedback. If you would like to provide me additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

EB
Eric B.
2008 Hyundai Entourage
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Na
Na
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/31/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

PB
Pamela B.
Rockville, MD
2019 Hyundai Sonata
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager Follow Up
Chris Turgeon has gone over and above to see that we are satisfied customers. His response was quick provided an explanation.

08/28/2019 Category: Service
Service Department lacking
see previous comments. I may have to take my car back after the tire rotation with the front tires being inflated to 35/36 with the rear at 32.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

08/27/2019 Category: Service
Know your customers
… I already wrote the review. Know your customers and don't treat them all as if they can pay hundreds of dollars for one tire.

Rodney M.
Ijamsville, MD
2012 Hyundai Genesis
08/22/2019 Category: Service
In the past, I have received great service. This is the first time having to bring car back for same repair.
Did not receive call back from service manager, however other manager was briefed on situation and provided adequate response when I called back.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/23/2019

We apologize that it took two attempts to get this right on your vehicle. Brett will be with you on his return to work. If you have any questions in the mean time please feel free to contact me.

AN
Abdellah N.
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor follow up
Long time just for replacing a tire.
Lost 2 today's of work .
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

We apologize that it took so long to get your tire to finish your vehicle. That is really unacceptable and way too long. We are looking at stocking additional inventories of tires. I would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate me at 301-670-4831.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Engin Light On
took in my car with the check engine light off and my car came out with the check engine light on. they took it back in and had it for 30 minuets and just said that it wasn't the oil change that caused it. when I asked what the code was they said that they did not check the code angina that I would have to pay $135 just to connect the computer to it.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/06/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. I believe my associate handled this incorrectly and indeed we should have scanned it for you at no cost to you. I apologize for this and I will take action to correct this. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Silver Spring, MD
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Just Ok
They need to be patient with customers
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide me with some additional feedback, or if there is anything I can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-670-4845

Poolesville, MD
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change and Tire rotation
Took too much much time and too pricey.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/24/2019

We know that we get overloaded in the Hyundai service team and have just added our express service team.  The hope is that we can distribute the work load and shorten wait time. We will make adjustments and strive to be better. Please call me if you would and let me see if we can make it up to you.

Service Lane Manager

CG
Cindy G.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/07/2019 Category: Service
Friendly and reapinsive
Very good at listening to customers to give the best possible customer service while also servicing my car.

07/07/2019 Category: Service
Reliable and convenient
Friendly staff are efficient. They do a good job on servicing vehicle and don’t try to sell you things you don’t need.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

Thank you for taking my phone call and speaking with me about your service visit.  We will make every effort to make your future visits with us easier .

Frederick, MD
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Waiting area is clean & neat.
Some service workers need friendlier.

Needs more paying attention to the customer's explanation about the car problem.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/24/2019

We never program anything with the system second time you were in. We never found any issue with your alarm . Its working as designed . You are more than welcome to try are Rockville Hyundai location. If you feel you still have an problem with the alarm. The copy was mail out on the 20 of June. It takes about 5-7 business days .

Hyundai Service Lane

TF
Timothy F.
Parkville, MD
06/13/2019 Category: Service
Average overall, but attention to detail is a little lacking
I enjoyed the break room and coffee. My appointment was for 10:00, I got the car back at 11:45, which is much longer than I have experienced before. The service I purchased online included a car wash, which was not performed. One of my alloy wheels had a fresh new gouge on it after the tire rotation. I was told I was receiving a $10 off coupon but there was a MISC shop supplies charge also on the bill, which offset the discount. The service I purchased online should have been $74.95. However, if it were not for the "discount" it would have come to $84.95. I'm not sure "discount" is the proper term in this case. I assume the service was completed properly. These are all minor issues, but in aggregate they decreased the customer experience for me. Thanks for your time.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

Sorry for length of time it took to complete the service on the vehicle. We are in the process of adding more express techs to assist with the work load. We recieved the NEW car wash vouchers for the Auto Spa two days ago so if you'd like to stop by we'd be glad to give you one. As for the issue with wheel, please email me a picture of the wheel and we will check our cameras for you.

krumpachj@fitzmall.com

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/11/2019 Category: Service
Service prices are dramatically Inflated
Commission-based service intake workers frequently inflate prices or recommend unnecessary services to increase their pay. Prices are consistently 2-3 times costs at other certified service locations in the area. I have dozens of examples over the years including a quote of $650 to replace Santa Fe sparkplugs, $325 for a Hyundai Elantra Car Battery, $70 to replace the cabin air filter, the list goes on and on and on- and happens virtually every time I visit. I'm sure the Service Managers reward these intake workers for increasing sales. Save your money and find an honest service dealership in the area. By the way, Hyundai will respond to this post but will not allow follow up posts from customers so I would keep that in the proper context. I work at a large employer in the area and my colleagues all echo these sentiments. Great place to buy a car but don't get your car services there.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/14/2019

Dear Customer, After reviewing your service history and previous reviews it appears we have fallen short each time you have serviced your car with us. Fitzgerald's Hyundai in Gaithersburg strives to give each of our customers great service with many pricing options when it comes to servicing their vehicle, but sometimes we just can't meet a customers expectations. I would like to suggest you give our sister store in Rockville a try and hopefully they can do better by you. We regret we may loose a customer but hopefully can keep you in the Fitzgerald family of stores. I wish you the best of luck with servicing your vehicle in the future.

Brett Davis
Service Director
(301)258-4496

06/08/2019 Category: Service
Disappointing, really.
I hear nothing but great things about Fitzgerald and I was very disappointed with the service I received. I opted for an oil change, tire rotation and car wash, I also selected to receive a loaner car. After waiting an hour for the associate to announce the loaner car company was unresponsive, I got a ride home (they did offer Uber but I didn't take that). After SEVEN HOURS and three phone calls my car was finally ready. The first thing I noticed was that they did not wash my car and no one had notified me. When I asked, they told me their car wash machine has been broken for nearly a year but they had vouchers for a local car wash. SURPRISE, they were out of vouchers. They told me they would call me when they had more, its been 2 weeks. Disappointing, really.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Unfortunately, Hyundai and Subaru are under a mass recall. These recalls greatly impact the amount of loaners we keep in stock. Also, our car wash is not open due to the parking garage construction. At this moment, we are waiting on car was vouchers from The Auto Spa so we can continue to hand them out to customers.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other issues or concern.

Hyundai Service Manager

KH
Kerry H.
05/20/2019 Category: Service
rr
rr
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

We as a dealership recommend an alignment onces a year or every 15,000 miles. To help prevent the tires from wearing  prematurely.   We all know living in this area and how the pot holes are . Please any more question about your service visit feel free to reach out to me .

05/13/2019 Category: Service
Service prices are always Inflated
The service department is paid commission and it is obvious this reward system drives the service clerks to inflate prices and to try to upsell you on things you may not need. Parts and labor are sometimes marked up 50-200% above market rate and some services will be suggested that are not part of Hyundai service schedule. Dishonest sales tactics that used to be associated with buying a car have now moved to the service department. I recommend calling at least 3 other service stations before having work done to compare prices for parts and labor.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Are prices are compared to other dealership in the DMV area.  I see in the service history there was never a hub cap install by my tech or service team .  So please feel free to reach out to me more about this issue . All Fitzgerald location have there prices on display screen for everyone to look at .

Montgomery Village, MD
2012 Hyundai Elantra
04/30/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Josh the Rep Lead reach out to me and my issue about not having the 23 point ispection was resolved. At that time
I brought up other issues I had and he offered resolutions for each one which i appreciated. I'm glad they care.

04/30/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Asked for 24 point inspection but did not get it. Other than that Service was excellent.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/30/2019

While performing an oil change we will top off fluids and adjust air pressure . But we do not perform a 23 point inspection on the car.

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/27/2019 Category: Service
Needs better communication with customer
My comments are in the text boxes in the previous questions.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/30/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4831.

Service Lane Manager
301-670-7070 x11445

BG
Brenda G.
Clarksburg, MD
04/15/2019 Category: Service
No personality
The guy who helped me had no personality. I'm not used to that. The persons who help me in the are very pleasant. The guy at the who greeted me was very pleasant.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/17/2019

I am sorry to hear your visit was not up to par . We will  keep wroking to make sure you have a better experience here. Please feel free to reach out  me .