4.6

08/10/2020 Category: Service
Repair of Tucson A/C
The repair of the A/C was greatly appreciated. Once you found the issue, it was corrected very quickly. Thank you. - M

08/10/2020 Category: Service
Just not sure if fixed or not a problem
A/C blows cold then just blows air. On really hot day, I expect the cold air to blow continuously but mine seems to cycle. They say it's working. I'm not sure.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/11/2020

Dear Customer, Thank you for your response to the survey. I would be happy to look at your A/C system again with my shop foremen to make sure everything is either operating properly or in need of repair and fix it. Please let me know what day works best for you and I will arrange an appointment.

Brett Davis
Service Director
(301)258-4496

GC
Gary C.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/30/2020 Category: Service
Service department responded to compalint
I was not satisfied by an initial unwillingness to reexamine alignment work done by this dealership. My unfavorable review led to a complete reversal by the dealer, who did retest the car and apologized for the initial encounter.

07/30/2020 Category: Service
Alignment is not warrantied
I was disappointed with the dealer's alignment work and more so with their refusal to recheck their work. It is their policy that "alignments are not warrantied at all". A week after the dealer's work I visited another well-respected mechanic for diagnosis of a vibration issue, and he reported back incidentally that the alignment was barely acceptable. So I called Fitzgerald's Hyundai and asked them to check the alignment again. They refused, citing their policy which assumes that any problem with their alignment work is due to customer negligence in the intervening period. Buyer beware.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/31/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "3" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with many of my staff pitfalls. I will be in contact with you at some point today to and will make this up to you.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

301-670-4845
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/04/2020

We are happy that you gave us the opportunity to correct your inconvenient situation here with Jesse and our service team. We will continue to look forward to meeting your service needs in the future. Thank you for leaving us a positive survey response. Have a spectacular day!

Robert C.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/15/2020 Category: Service
Second look at my problem
I had a nice visit with Chris and his Lead Tech they spent some time looking over the problem with my car. They took the time to explain the issue to me and I feel better about the matter.

07/15/2020 Category: Service
Need to fix the problem
Had the care in 3 or 4 time for the same problem and each time the tell me its working as it should and it's not.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/15/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset the car wasn't repaired properly.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

FP
Fred P.
Gaithersburg, MD
06/09/2020 Category: Service
Satisfaction Guaranteed
After my most recent visits for service on 2 different automobiles, I felt that there were a few areas that were not as efficient from the Dealership as I had been accustomed to in past visits. Maybe it was due to the pandemic that we are going thru, but hopefully it was just a minor error. After my survey was sent, I received a reply and made a call to the dealership. I discussed my concerns with the Service Mgr. and after spending some time vesting my concerns, I was put as ease with my situation and I am in the process of having some follow up concerns mentioned by the Dealership and preparing to have follow-up work performed by Fitzgerald Auto. I did omit mentioning in my earlier response some of the helpful plusses that Fitzgerald was offering their customers certain features that customers could benefit by using convenient auto pick-up and deliveries. I am also grateful that Fitzgerald followed up with my negative prior response and turned it into a positive approach with customer service. Thanks for calling me back.

06/09/2020 Category: Service
Looking for consistency
This visit, I felt they were looking for work to perform and make additional profits. I was very pleased with their policy of sending staff to pick up my cars for service work during this time due to the covid crisis situation.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/10/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "3" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with not receiving a multi-point inspection form. We have recently switched to a new platform that is supposed to email you the multi-point inspection. Please check your spam folder. If you find there is not one there, please let me know and I will attempt to see whats wrong on our end. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see how I can help you.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

HC
Hector C.
06/08/2020 Category: Service
Good Costumer service.Problem fixed and taken care of.
After talking to Chris T.; him and his team have taken care this issue with my belt tensioner. I really do appreciated the good costumer service given here and on this issue. it was a good outcome, appreciated the service and understanding . I am a happy costumer. Once again Thank you Chris!

06/08/2020 Category: Service
tensioner went bad while engine replacemet.
I have gotten an engine replacement covered by factory warranty but after I have gotten my car back the engine started to rattle. So I brought it back on 08Jun20 and after the assessment they told me that it is my tensioner that is bad. How could this happened since it never rattled, it started to rattled after the engine replacement. But now they say it is because my car is over 100K and that is what happens with cars with that kind of mileage. I am very concern and uncomfortable with this outcome.

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "1" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, we struggle to understand why you feel to review us so poorly as this judgement was made by Hyundai, not by us. I have contacted Hyundai to seek resolve for you and I will be reaching out to you today to let you know what I have came up with.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

KH
Kerry H.
Recent service follow up
My concerns were addressed, Chris Turgeon took the time to follow up which was much appreciated

06/05/2020 Category: Service
clown show service department communication
see above
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/06/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I want to make this experience right by you. I never have heard my staff had provided "a clown show experience" and I would like the opportinuity to make this better. I will be in contact with you at some point today.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

301-670-4845

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I want to make this experience right by you. I never have heard my staff had provided "a clown show experience" and I would like the opportinuity to make this better. I will be in contact with you at some point today. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

EB
Eusebiu B.
North Potomac, MD
2016 Hyundai Genesis
06/05/2020 Category: Service
Chris was outstanding in resolving the issues I was having previously and I appreciate his time and willingness to make it right
Chris was very helpful and his PR skills made a pleasure out of an possible uncomfortable phone conversation and I appreciate his input.

06/05/2020 Category: Service
Place is nice, service not so in my experience
Few things went wrong.
Made appointment via Blue-link and the requested service was clear: oil change and tires rotation including a 30$ car wash coupon.My wife took my car in since I was working. She called me desperately to ask me what do I need done to the car since they didn’t have the specifics. Told her exactly what was included in the price I was presented for my car specifically. She waited 2 hours (instead of one) before she asked the receptionist what was wrong. Nobody told her anything all these 2 hours. She paid the amount I previously agree upon but without the car wash coupon.
The other experience, also pretty bad but I didn’t realize right away: the roof molding trim pieces were replaced under warranty. Realized after that they were not painted (not sure they should’ve) and that when they pried the old ones out they put few scratches and songs all over. I love my car,I’d rather pay someone to do it in a non damaging professional manner.

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I would like to make this better with you. I will be in contact with you at some point today.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

2020 Hyundai Sonata
05/12/2020 Category: Service
Confidence in Fitzgerald
I appreciate the email from Fitzgerald and the $50.00 credit. I expect the next services to be more typical of past services.

05/12/2020 Category: Service
Disappointing Service!
Maybe I am spoiled from your previous services. Could not believe a necessary part of the service was not available and required me to come back next week. I assume this will continue to be rare for upcoming car services.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/12/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with the time it took for the oil change and the lack of availability for the oil filter. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see if I can make this better for you as we have experienced part acquistion issues because of Covid-19.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Rockville, MD
2019 Hyundai Elantra Gt
04/13/2020 Category: Service
Issues resolved
While I day least one of my issues could have been resolved without his involvement, The service department manager went above and beyond to resolve the issues I was having with my vehicle and the service I received prior to my initial review.

04/13/2020 Category: Service
Very unhappy customer
Numerous issues, not the least of which is damage to the front bumper that happened while vehicle was in dealers care, Oil pressure light coming on 1700 miles after 2nd "Oil change" (5000 mile interval), incorrect Oil weight on sticker, 7500 "Scheduled Service Vehicle health check" doesn't include OBD2 code scanning???? lack of response from dealer. I've waited over a week for a response from the dealer before posting this review.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/14/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "1" star review an absolute failure. I have talked with the service advisor and there seems to be some misunderstandings. I will be in contact with you shortly. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Frederick, MD
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/10/2020 Category: Service
Statisfied
My issue was addressed and resolved in a timely manor

04/10/2020 Category: Service
Disappointed
Set up an appointment for oil change AND tire rotation. The tire rotation was not done. Instead they tell me that I need 4 new tires. That is understandable but I am not able to get that done right at the moment. They should have done what I asked for.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/10/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset that we did not rotate you tires during the service visit. As many people are out of work because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are absolutely trying to take into consideration everyones possible living situation, be empathatic and not do unneccessary repairs or maintaince. We apologize that it might have not been communicated to you this way, and maybe that has caused this unneccesary rift. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see what actually happened.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Jennifer B.
New Market, MD
12/13/2019 Category: Service
I wrote my experience last week about bringing my car here. I didn't have the best experiences and I paid for things I thought I shouldn't have. I voiced my concerns and the service manager, Chris, heard them and responded to them. He decided to give me back the money I paid for the adjustment that didn't end up being necessary. I understand things happen and everything doesn't always go right, but it is nice to be understood and listened to. I feel like a wrong was righted, here. Chris took action to help me out in this situation and I appreciate that

12/13/2019 Category: Service
Disappointing
I had to take my wife's car into the dealer 3 times in a month for the same check engine light issue. Each time I picked up the car they were confident the issue was fixed. We took the car to our local mechanic first (like we normally do) and he said the boost actuator needs to be replaced and that it should be under warranty so he advised to take it to a dealer (which was nice of him to do). So I took it to the Gaithersburg Hyundai. The first thing they told me was that there is nothing wrong with the car, which obviously isn't right, so we told them to drive it around more because that's unacceptable. They did and found the issue. Instead of replacing the part they made some adjustment that they said should fix the issue. They told me that the warranty people forced them to make the adjustment instead of replacing the part. The adjustment cost me around $300. I get the car back and within a few days the check engine light comes back on. I take it back and they say the part needs to be replaced, which is what we were telling them from the start. They get the okay from the warranty people to replace it. It cost me $100 for the deductable. They also would not give me my money back for the pointless adjustment they made that did no good, which was extremley dissappointing. They could at least paid for the $100 deductable. Give me something, u know? Anyway, so I get the car back with the new part and within 1 day the check engine light comes back on. I had to take it back to them for the third time and the reason was because they didn't latch something fully. This was super stressful, and should have been handled differently. It's hard to trust them and go back there to be honest. I just feel like they didn't have my back and help me out when they should have. Taking it there 3 times for the same issue was the worst!
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/13/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. As a "2" star review which in Hyundais eyes is a failure, I will be in contact with you in the next couple of days. I had talked with you before and told you I would help you anyway possible, I don't understand why you didn't reach out if you needed help instead of dropping a poor survey.  We want to make this right by you.  If you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Gaithersburg, MD
2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
12/05/2019 Category: Service
Awesome Service
Overall all service was great and service folks were professional. Jesse was very professional and courteous. If I wrote anything before, it is all about how to improve and make the service even more better.

12/05/2019 Category: Service
Average
Need feedback to customer about the service.
Need the car washed and cleaned after the service.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/05/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. As a "3" star review which in Hyundais eyes is a failure, I will be in contact with you in the next couple of days to figure out how we had failed you.  If you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Washington Grove, MD
2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Fitzgerald Hyundai worked to make this customer happier...
Chris Turgeon, Service Manager, reached out to me to resolve some of the issues I experienced with last week's service call. He was most professional in every way, and yesterday I left the service desk as a happy customer once again. Thank you!

10/28/2019 Category: Service
Problem this time...
Did not have a positive experience this time...
Would not recommend based on experience with most recent service.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. I apologize your associate failed to appropriately explain the multi-point inspection to your satisfaction. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will be in contact with you at some point tomorrow as I am not in the office on Mondays, at that time if you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there is anything I can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

FB
Francis B.
Silver Spring, MD
10/11/2019 Category: Service

10/11/2019 Category: Service
They did address the problem that I had
I have no complaints about the work done and they did address my problem.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/11/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there Is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Frederick, MD
2018 Hyundai Kona
10/01/2019 Category: Service
Very good svs

10/01/2019 Category: Service
No complaints
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/02/2019

We understand that you may have no complaints, however a three star review is complete failure? Is there an issue I might address so that you may increase our standing with you? I will be in touch with you at some point today. Thank you for at least filling out the survey.