Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5Overall Rating 4.2293581/5rating 4.2293581
Overall Rating 2.1743167/5Overall Rating 2.1743167/5rating 2.1743167rating 2.1743167rating 2.1743167

Richard H.
Arlington, VA
2012 Hyundai Genesis
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Fitzgerald's excellent service
Fitzgerald's Hyundai makes a real commitment to providing excellent service and satisfying its customers. My wife and I both own Hyundais that we purchased from Fitzgerald and we travel extra miles to have our cars serviced by Fitzgerald because we can rely on their service department. We have used both the locations in Rockville and Gaithersburg and are very satisfied with both of them.

09/19/2019 Category: Service
Disappointing
Fitzgerald Lakeforest Hyundai has always received 5 star reviews from me since 2012 until the last couple of visits. Unfortunately I can no longer count on them to recommend only the service that is needed or to complete work within the timeframe that they promised at check in.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/19/2019

Good afternoon,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and provide us the feedback that we need to make sure we are always improving.
I called earlier and talked to your wife and provided my phone number it is my cell number you can call that at any time.
I would like to discuss the service visit if you have time.

Lester Abel
301-703-0320 Cell

Good evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me it was my absolute pleasure to spend a little time talking kids.
I appreciate you being a long time customer.
I have put the credit in the system and it will show when you come in for service.

Thank you so much and it was our pleasure to take care of your service needs and it is always our goal to provide truly exceptional 5 star service.

Lester Abel
301-703-0320

301-670-4800

DN
David N.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
09/04/2019 Category: Service
Review Update
The service manager took my concerns very serious and the problem seems to have been resolved. Having dealt with Fitzgerald for more than 20 years and purchasing 6 vehicles in that time, I was pleased their customer service did not stop just becausethe problem had been solved. I received calls to make sure everything was still good and to let me know they were there for me. Thank you Gaithersburg Fitgerald and Rockville for your patience and great customer service.

09/04/2019 Category: Service
Clean, comfortable
Have had better service.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/05/2019

Dear Customer, Thank you for meeting with me this morning and going over your concerns. I had my shop foreman go over the car to determine the cause of your issues. The left front brake caliper has failed causing your brakes to overheat in the front left wheel which in turn causes brake fade in that wheel and the vehicle to pull to the right when applying the brakes. We also looked into your complaint of low tire pressure and did determine that two of the TPMS sensors need to be replaced. I see that all work has been approved and we expedite as quickly as possible and look for any discounts we can apply for you. Please continue to stay in the loaner car until we have completed the repairs.

Service Director
(301)258-4496

Good evening,

I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me it was my pleasure to spend a little time with you.
I have put in the store credit we talked about.

Service Director
(301)258-4496

PB
Pamela B.
Rockville, MD
2019 Hyundai Sonata
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager Follow Up
Chris Turgeon has gone over and above to see that we are satisfied customers. His response was quick provided an explanation.

08/28/2019 Category: Service
Service Department lacking
see previous comments. I may have to take my car back after the tire rotation with the front tires being inflated to 35/36 with the rear at 32.
Chris T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

301-670-4845

CG
Cindy G.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/07/2019 Category: Service
Friendly and reapinsive
Very good at listening to customers to give the best possible customer service while also servicing my car.

07/07/2019 Category: Service
Reliable and convenient
Friendly staff are efficient. They do a good job on servicing vehicle and don’t try to sell you things you don’t need.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

Thank you for taking my phone call and speaking with me about your service visit.  We will make every effort to make your future visits with us easier .

Hyundai Service Lane Manager

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/11/2019 Category: Service
Good Value
Service managers responded to all my needs. Did a very good job.

06/11/2019 Category: Service
Be honest, and honor your discounts.
They didn’t seem interested in honoring their discounts.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

We are trying to reach out to your service visit. Please give us a call 301-670-4800

Hyundai Service Lane

Brookeville, MD
2019 Hyundai Veloster
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Thanks!
Thanks for the quick turn around.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Could Have More Stars if They Called Me Back
Had spare tire kit installed. Asked for the old Fix-a-Flat to keep. They said no problem. Did get it. Mentioned during next visit. They said that they would contact me on next business day. Still waiting.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/07/2019

This is the first time I am hearing about this . We will make it right for you. I am sending someone  to pick up the parts for you now. Have a great weekend .

Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

We are extremely pleased to see that you had a great experience with us. We will continue to look forward to meeting your service needs in the future. Thank you for leaving us a positive survey response. Have a spectacular day!

Montgomery Village, MD
2012 Hyundai Elantra
04/30/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Josh the Rep Lead reach out to me and my issue about not having the 23 point ispection was resolved. At that time
I brought up other issues I had and he offered resolutions for each one which i appreciated. I'm glad they care.

04/30/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Asked for 24 point inspection but did not get it. Other than that Service was excellent.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/30/2019

While performing an oil change we will top off fluids and adjust air pressure . But we do not perform a 23 point inspection on the car.

Reza R.
Germantown, MD
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Inspection
Thank you for your quick response!

04/08/2019 Category: Service
Inspection
I expected to raise the red condition issues to my attention at the dealer.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/08/2019

The two red condition marked on the paper work was written down on the final invoice. Its item do at 30,000 service. Please feel free to contact me.  I have also left you a voice mail.

Raymond B.
Germantown, MD
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Recent service was satisfactory and recall action was completed.
Corrective action taken and car is running as expected. Left cell phone in car when dropped off for recall after 5,000 mile oil change and the phone was gone when picked up upon completion of recall. Tire pressure initially read as 37 psi on three tires and 38 psi on one. After oil change and tire rotation tire pressure read 36,37,38,39 psi respectively. Why the discrepancy on all four tires..... and will this result in abnormal and premature tire wear? Is this an oversight by your technician... or?

02/26/2019 Category: Service
New car purchase
Didn't expect new car issues. After 5,000 oil service car developed performance issues. Only after vehicle was returned to dealer was a recall explained to me. No time frame for completion was given. Only when I returned loaner because of second hand smoke stench did a technician who happened to be in the check in area give me an explanation of the issue and what may need to be done to correct it.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

We are sorry for delay on getting the car repaired. Us as a dealer went to Hyundai to get eta on the part . No eta was giving to us from Hyundai. The reason we did not explained what was going on because  there is no out comes to this issue.  Car has been done since 20 of feb and still here at the dealership. Your phone straight to voice mail.  We are open  until 7 for pick up

Sterling, VA
Called and explained
Thanks Josh for your call and explaining your service. Appreciate it.

Be more like Rockville Fitz or Chantilly Hyundai
No Service explanation, no car wash, amnesties are horrible.
The only thing is keeping this place acceptable is the staff and the people who work there.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/21/2019

Looking into the service that was performed it seem very basic . So Please feel free to reach out to me and so we could discuss your visit and why it was not very good. We gave you a free wash and vacuum to the auto spa.  A $25.00 dollar value but free to you.

HH

Tire repair and Check up - Harper
Live up to ISO standardss
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/22/2019

Hello,

I apologize this visit was not up to par. We do not stock every tire brand and size Hyundai offers. This is why we recommended to give you a loaner car at no charge to you . Because we do understand and respect your time and how valuable time is. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to speak more about the service that was provided to you.

JN
Jerilyn N.
Damascus, MD
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Surprised at the quick response to my review
Within minutes of me submitting my review, I received a call from the service department apologizing for my experience and offering a credit on my next service. My philosophy is that I judge a business more on how they respond to problems than how well they perform the first time. I believe this shows how much they are focused on customer service. Fitzgerald is clearly cares about providing good service and I will continue to bring my care there for service.

02/05/2019 Category: Service
Could have done better in giving me a choice on having the service done
Usually Fitzgerald completes my service quickly and efficiently. This time was an exception. I asked for a tire rotation, but I should not have done it at this time. The problem was that one of the rear tires to be rotated to the front had double the tread depth of the other. This tire had been replaced 2 years previously due to an patchable leak. As result, the car veered left when being driven. The tech and service writer were aware of this when the rotation was done. They told me that I would need to replace all 4 tires in the near future. I should have been told of this before the rotation was done so I could have declined it, or possibly replace just the 2 tires to be rotated to the front. There was still enough tread depth on the tires that I could delay the replacement until the next scheduled rotation.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/05/2019

Sorry to hear about that . I would like  put a note on your file for next visit .  We will make sure we give couple different options in the future. Looking forward to working with you again in the future.

Arlington, VA
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Lakeforest Hyundai cares to resolve issues and puts your convenience first
My heat shield was fixed and they identified that I needed a CV axle boot replacement that would be covered under warranty. I was provided a complementary loaner vehicle for the two days my car needed service.

01/15/2019 Category: Service
Service not done adequately the first time
Had to go back to have the heat shield tightened again and its been 5 days and I have still have not received a call about a part that was ordered for me. Diagnostic fee is $137 and the job wasn't even completed adequately.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Hello,

I am sorry to hear the noise is still there. We would be more than happy to reinspect the vehicle again at no charge to you. The vehicle does have to come back in and have the warranty work performed on the vehicle.  During that visit, we could have you go on a road test with our shop foreman to pinpoint the noise. Also, the loaner car we provided was complementary from us, not Hyundai. Looking at my records, the parts were ordered January 10th and were overnighted for you. We  contacted you on Jan 11th to inform you that parts were in.

Please feel free to reach out to me so we can solve this issue.

Hyundai Service Lane Manager

Rosemary H.
Montgomery Village, MD
11/14/2018 Category: Service
Our Problem Was Quickly Resolved
Once our problem was brought to the attention of the Service Manager our new tire was rush ordered and placed on our car that same day. Thank you.

11/14/2018 Category: Service
Very Disappointed
This was our first experience with this service center and it was very disappointing. During our car inspection one of our tires was found to have a large nail and needed to be replaced. After waiting several weeks and two phone calls we initiated our tire replacement order was forgotten or never done. We are still driving around on a damaged tire, have reordered our tire and hopefully can resolve this.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 11/14/2018

I am very sorry to hear about the communication break down . We will work quickly to get this tire issue resolved. I will be reaching out to you this afternoon . Have a great day .

LK
Lois K.
Monrovia, MD
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Robotic email - no time to call or send a personal one
The service manager sent a robotic email to contact them about my experience. No , take the time to call me or send an email that isn’t a standard response

10/31/2018 Category: Service
not impressed on first visit
loaner cards not available until 0730 when service dept opens at 0700 - never communicated
items might need replacing since i'm the 2nd owner - what happened to Hyundai "certified" - is this truly what it means ? not so sure now
overbooked and understaffed - not my problem and shouldn't be communicated to a customer
car rushed through service after I called to inquire status - was service even done ? no mention of that 2nd owner cabin filter at this time
Chris T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/31/2018

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4831.

301-670-7070 x11445

EF
Estelle F.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
10/29/2018 Category: Service
Good service at a fair price.
The Service Department provides competent service. When I needed to replace a flat tire, their tire price was competitive with what other companies charge for the exact same tire.

10/29/2018 Category: Service
Good service at a fair price, except for tires.
The Service Department provides competent service . However, if you need tires, there are less expensive places to get them. Not only was the tire price above what other companies charge for the exact same tire, but they added on 10% for shop supplies.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/29/2018

Sorry to hear about your last service visit. Please give me a call when you get a chance to speak more about your visit. My contact info is 301-548-4821

MF
Michael F.
Derwood, MD
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Problem Resolved
The double charge for services was resolved to my satisfaction by Fitzgeralds Hyundai. The Service Manager was very helpful and offered to resolve the problem expeditiously.

09/28/2018 Category: Service
Double Charge
I was billed twice for the service.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/28/2018

We apologizes if you were charge twice . Please come by and let me take a look at the two charges . We will be glad to refund the amount you were charge . Give me a call and let me know

GS
Glenn S.
Rockville, MD
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/26/2018 Category: Service
Committed to customer satisfaction. Happy with Fitzgerald Auto.
Three cars from Fitzgerald Auto (a Subaru Tribeca, a Mazda 3, a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid) and I'm still with them for service. These guys are are premier league. Every visit that I had in both their dealerships in Lakeforest and White Flint were a pleasant, courteous and professionally-given experience. Their service advisers would always make me feel comfortable, important and satisfied each time. While it may not be a perfect world, they are always willing to listen and rectify any issue to your full satisfaction. I don't want to sound like a Fitzgerald Auto fanboy but yes, I'm a happy camper.

09/26/2018 Category: Service
Always happy with Fitzgeralds service but not on this particular one.
I came for oil change and tire rotation but after checking their record, I was told that my car needs brake flush and cabin filter. That was fine. I knew that the brake flush was quite necessary and maybe the cabin filter can wait a bit. But I still went for it. The cost for that visit was still affordable. Then came the bombshell after an hour of waiting. The service adviser told me that my car was actually due for a belt change at that stage. What!? Why wasn't I told about it beforehand? I could have had the belt done first. I wasn't ready to spend $800 on that day. I knew it was the most important thing to be done in the first place. The brake flush and the cabin filter could wait for my next visit. So here I am with fresh brake flush and cabin filter but worrying that the belt might break anytime. The service adviser should have advised me of working the belt first. Not happy on this particular visit.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/26/2018

After looking into it,  the belt is due at 60,000 miles. They start inspecting the belts at 30,000 to make sure its wearing normal.  We will coach are writers on when repairs are due by factory.  Have a great day .

BK
Bud K.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Bud Kick - Rescore
What makes the place great is that when I walk in the service shop, any number of service representatives help me out, pointing me in the right direction. If I leave the car, I always get a call, promptly when it’s done. And the cost of service is very fair and reasonable.

In my last experience, Jessie really came through for me. I’ll look for him in the future, for sure.

09/25/2018 Category: Service
Saturday Service
I’ve provided comments earlier in this survey.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

We hope the parking area will be completed in about couple months . But more important I would like to speak with you about what happen on Saturday . Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Beth S.
09/12/2018 Category: Service
Sales staff Review.
Sales staff were extremely friendly and helpful in choosing my car and answering all my questions.

09/12/2018 Category: Service
Sales Staff
When I bought this car, the sales staff were outstanding. They were friendly, helpful, and answered all my questions. I was so impressed that I gave Bo Cox and his manager small boxes of chocolates. I would give them the same outstanding rating that apparently everyone else gave and would recommend the sales staff to friends. You have my abbreviated comments on the service I received.
Chris T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/13/2018

Mrs. St. Mary,
All we can do is apologize profusely. The behavior is totally unacceptable at best. This is not the way we practice our service standards here at Fitzgeralds and I hope you will believe that we will not condone the behavior exhibited by the rep. I do however believe he was not upset with you by any means. He however was frustrated with the situation that the sales department advised you incorrectly the service would be free (it is not). This is a communication error between departments  we have been experiencing. This is not your fault and you should never have been left to feel like it was. It is a problem we have been attempting to resolve the past few months and hopefully will have corrected so no one else has an experience like you have. Please contact me when you get a moment as I would like to make it up to you.

301-670-7070 x11445