Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai

4.6

Potomac, MD
2010 Hyundai Elantra
07/24/2020 Category: Service
NO car wash and took long time
No car wash but took one than one and half hour for oil change only
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/24/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with the time it took for the repair. We are working short handed and at a disadvantage, we are trying to do our best. The provider we were using for carwashes can no longer help provide, so we are in the process of looking elsewhere. We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations.  I will be in contact with you at some point to see if I can make this right by you.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Robert C.
Derwood, MD
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/15/2020 Category: Service
Second look at my problem
I had a nice visit with Chris and his Lead Tech they spent some time looking over the problem with my car. They took the time to explain the issue to me and I feel better about the matter.

07/15/2020 Category: Service
Need to fix the problem
Had the care in 3 or 4 time for the same problem and each time the tell me its working as it should and it's not.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/15/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset the car wasn't repaired properly.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

06/16/2020 Category: Service
Great service but don’t go with a key issue
Service to car was great but had to come back and attempted to double charge for key issue.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/16/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with the time it took for the repair and that you had to make a second visit..Being that we comped your programming fee, I am not sure why you still needed to grade us poorly. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see what actually happened.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

KH
Kerry H.
Recent service follow up
My concerns were addressed, Chris Turgeon took the time to follow up which was much appreciated

06/05/2020 Category: Service
clown show service department communication
see above
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/06/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I want to make this experience right by you. I never have heard my staff had provided "a clown show experience" and I would like the opportinuity to make this better. I will be in contact with you at some point today.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

301-670-4845

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I want to make this experience right by you. I never have heard my staff had provided "a clown show experience" and I would like the opportinuity to make this better. I will be in contact with you at some point today. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

EB
Eusebiu B.
North Potomac, MD
2016 Hyundai Genesis
06/05/2020 Category: Service
Chris was outstanding in resolving the issues I was having previously and I appreciate his time and willingness to make it right
Chris was very helpful and his PR skills made a pleasure out of an possible uncomfortable phone conversation and I appreciate his input.

06/05/2020 Category: Service
Place is nice, service not so in my experience
Few things went wrong.
Made appointment via Blue-link and the requested service was clear: oil change and tires rotation including a 30$ car wash coupon.My wife took my car in since I was working. She called me desperately to ask me what do I need done to the car since they didn’t have the specifics. Told her exactly what was included in the price I was presented for my car specifically. She waited 2 hours (instead of one) before she asked the receptionist what was wrong. Nobody told her anything all these 2 hours. She paid the amount I previously agree upon but without the car wash coupon.
The other experience, also pretty bad but I didn’t realize right away: the roof molding trim pieces were replaced under warranty. Realized after that they were not painted (not sure they should’ve) and that when they pried the old ones out they put few scratches and songs all over. I love my car,I’d rather pay someone to do it in a non damaging professional manner.

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. I would like to make this better with you. I will be in contact with you at some point today.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845

2020 Hyundai Sonata
05/12/2020 Category: Service
Confidence in Fitzgerald
I appreciate the email from Fitzgerald and the $50.00 credit. I expect the next services to be more typical of past services.

05/12/2020 Category: Service
Disappointing Service!
Maybe I am spoiled from your previous services. Could not believe a necessary part of the service was not available and required me to come back next week. I assume this will continue to be rare for upcoming car services.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/12/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset with the time it took for the oil change and the lack of availability for the oil filter. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see if I can make this better for you as we have experienced part acquistion issues because of Covid-19.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Frederick, MD
04/10/2020 Category: Service
Statisfied
My issue was addressed and resolved in a timely manor

04/10/2020 Category: Service
Disappointed
Set up an appointment for oil change AND tire rotation. The tire rotation was not done. Instead they tell me that I need 4 new tires. That is understandable but I am not able to get that done right at the moment. They should have done what I asked for.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/10/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We consider a "2" star review an absolute failure. Upon reviewing your service history, and your review I see that you were upset that we did not rotate you tires during the service visit. As many people are out of work because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are absolutely trying to take into consideration everyones possible living situation, be empathatic and not do unneccessary repairs or maintaince. We apologize that it might have not been communicated to you this way, and maybe that has caused this unneccesary rift. I will be in contact with you at some point today to see what actually happened.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, and if there is anything we can do to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Seth W.
Hagerstown, MD
2007 Hyundai Azera
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Incomplete recall repairs
I had to take my car back because there was some internal miscommunication about the recall work being complete. It was good that the dealership contacted me about their mistake, but bad that my car was returned to me with most of the work not done and all of the work was marked as completed when I brought my car back in, even though most of it had not been done. Some of these repairs were safety issues. The way the dealership handled things once they realized their mistake was OK, I guess--but what if they had not realized it?
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 01/16/2020

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. As a "2" star review which in Hyundais eyes is a failure, I will be in contact with you in the next couple of days. We want to make this right by you.  If you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Gaithersburg, MD
2006 Hyundai Sonata
12/31/2019 Category: Service
Holiday repair
Short staffed. First bad experience.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/31/2019

Jennifer B.
New Market, MD
12/13/2019 Category: Service
I wrote my experience last week about bringing my car here. I didn't have the best experiences and I paid for things I thought I shouldn't have. I voiced my concerns and the service manager, Chris, heard them and responded to them. He decided to give me back the money I paid for the adjustment that didn't end up being necessary. I understand things happen and everything doesn't always go right, but it is nice to be understood and listened to. I feel like a wrong was righted, here. Chris took action to help me out in this situation and I appreciate that

12/13/2019 Category: Service
Disappointing
I had to take my wife's car into the dealer 3 times in a month for the same check engine light issue. Each time I picked up the car they were confident the issue was fixed. We took the car to our local mechanic first (like we normally do) and he said the boost actuator needs to be replaced and that it should be under warranty so he advised to take it to a dealer (which was nice of him to do). So I took it to the Gaithersburg Hyundai. The first thing they told me was that there is nothing wrong with the car, which obviously isn't right, so we told them to drive it around more because that's unacceptable. They did and found the issue. Instead of replacing the part they made some adjustment that they said should fix the issue. They told me that the warranty people forced them to make the adjustment instead of replacing the part. The adjustment cost me around $300. I get the car back and within a few days the check engine light comes back on. I take it back and they say the part needs to be replaced, which is what we were telling them from the start. They get the okay from the warranty people to replace it. It cost me $100 for the deductable. They also would not give me my money back for the pointless adjustment they made that did no good, which was extremley dissappointing. They could at least paid for the $100 deductable. Give me something, u know? Anyway, so I get the car back with the new part and within 1 day the check engine light comes back on. I had to take it back to them for the third time and the reason was because they didn't latch something fully. This was super stressful, and should have been handled differently. It's hard to trust them and go back there to be honest. I just feel like they didn't have my back and help me out when they should have. Taking it there 3 times for the same issue was the worst!
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/13/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. As a "2" star review which in Hyundais eyes is a failure, I will be in contact with you in the next couple of days. I had talked with you before and told you I would help you anyway possible, I don't understand why you didn't reach out if you needed help instead of dropping a poor survey.  We want to make this right by you.  If you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

EL
Elizabeth L.
Mount Airy, MD
12/11/2019 Category: Service
Quality is not what it used to be
In the past, my reviews here had been glowing but I feel that customer satisfaction is no longer important.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/12/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. A "2" star review which in Hyundais eyes is a failure, and we apologize that your opinion of our service has came to negative light.  When I reviewed your service for that day,  I see that you had only had us perform an express oil change - this service does not typically include a multi point inspection. I will question the advisor if you had asked for one to be performed. When I reviewed your service history I also see that there has been many declined recommendations in the past, so that may have posted the assumption that you have your service performed elsewhere and only use us for the discounted oil changes (many people do).  We do apprieciate your business, however many customers get annoyed with us approaching them with additional work needed when they have their own mechanics (we typically pay the price with a strongly worded negative review too) . We are not going to waste your time nor ours. If you would like us to perform the inspection next time just ask, no issues. In a new world of social media, and customer satisfaction reviews, we walk a tight rope every day. We believe communication is key though. So as we may have missed your mark this past visit, that is obviously not our goal.

Additionaly, We are still under the knife getting upgrades to our facility and are in the process of getting a new car wash procured, we hope to have it up and running middle of 2020. We are doing the best we can by providing the voucher to the AutoSpa as a stop-gap and we are sorry if that makes it inconvienant for you. Many of our clients are tickled because of the beautiful mini-detail they provide with this voucher. If you would like to provide me with additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Margaret B.
Boyds, MD
11/05/2019 Category: Service
We have bought 4 cars - have alwadus had wonderful service!
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 11/05/2019

Ms. Bean,
As we had talked on the day that you had picked up your vehicle I had thought that we had resolved your issues and you were once again content. I am not sure why we are given a two star review again after this discussion. I am sorry for the inconvenience and the lack of communication from the advisor about the parts availibility from Hyundai. We did the best we could with the situation. If you would like to provide me additional feedback, or if there Is anything I can do beyond what I had already done to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Carolyn S.
Silver Spring, MD
2005 Hyundai Sonata
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Bad business
Not satisfied at all and I feel I did not get my discount, waited all day, over 12 hours for my car and no one could explain to me the work that was none, and the person who waited on me told me he would be there he was not.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4813.

09/02/2019 Category: Service
Meh
Just assembly line type of service. More concerned about getting to the next service call than focused on the one at hand
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/16/2019 Category: Service
First time
Not happy at all with my first time bringing in my brand new car for my first oil change !
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. I would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4831.