Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5rating 4.2389401
Overall Rating 2.1946931/5Overall Rating 2.1946931/5rating 2.1946931rating 2.1946931rating 2.1946931
Latest Review 13 minutes ago

Carolyn S.
Silver Spring, MD
2005 Hyundai Sonata
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Bad business
Not satisfied at all and I feel I did not get my discount, waited all day, over 12 hours for my car and no one could explain to me the work that was none, and the person who waited on me told me he would be there he was not.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4813.

09/02/2019 Category: Service
Meh
Just assembly line type of service. More concerned about getting to the next service call than focused on the one at hand
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/16/2019 Category: Service
First time
Not happy at all with my first time bringing in my brand new car for my first oil change !
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. I would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4831.

Monrovia, MD
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/09/2019 Category: Service
One chance to make a good impression and 2 out of 3 have sucked so far !!!
doubt I will be back for a fourth visit based on this past interaction with service department and call center.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 07/09/2019

"I received an email on June 28 2019 from Dealer Tire on a new consumer service appointment request (confirmation #2618989) I then received a second email from Dealer Tire about 20 minutes later stating that the tires would be delivered to our Gaithersburg store and the customers' appointment was set for July 1st. The tires you ordered (size 235-60-18) for your Santa Fe with rebates quoted online for $973.23. You brought your vehicle in at 3:39pm and your expectation was to have 4 tires installed with alignment in 1hr and 20 mins. When we pulled your vehicle into the shop, and went to pull the tires for installation, we discovered that the tires were not only not shipped out by Dealer Tire but the incorrect tires were ordered as well (by customer) . The correct tire size is 235-55-19. In an attempt to remedy the unfortunate circumstances we provided you with a 2019 Hyundai in-house loaner vehicle for the night.  We (Fitzgerald's) then went and picked up the correct tires at our local distributor for you and installed them. We (Fitzgerald) even discounted your bill to the tune of $91.00 dollars coming up $85.00 dollars under the cost of the original tire quote for incorrect tires. We believe Fitzgerald's and our service associate went above and beyond for this you with the situation we were put in. Most of this situation could have been avoided had the correct tires been ordered in the first place. We did our best to please you and make things right.

06/12/2019 Category: Service
A good attempt
see earlier comments regarding check in and additional service difficultiesl
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

I apologize about the long wait but the reason for the longer wait is because we had other cars ahead of your car with appointments. This is the reason your first car was done quicker. You had an appointment for the following day for this car. We were trying to help you out and save you a trip the next day, but it seems that our kindness has backfired on us. If you have any other questions or comments. Please reach out to me.

Direct Line : 301-548-4821

Brookeville, MD
2019 Hyundai Veloster
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Thanks!
Thanks for the quick turn around.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Could Have More Stars if They Called Me Back
Had spare tire kit installed. Asked for the old Fix-a-Flat to keep. They said no problem. Did get it. Mentioned during next visit. They said that they would contact me on next business day. Still waiting.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/07/2019

This is the first time I am hearing about this . We will make it right for you. I am sending someone  to pick up the parts for you now. Have a great weekend .

Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

We are extremely pleased to see that you had a great experience with us. We will continue to look forward to meeting your service needs in the future. Thank you for leaving us a positive survey response. Have a spectacular day!

Service Lane Manager

John M.
Brookeville, MD
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Fitzgerald is usually great. Just not THIS time.
It took me six days to get my car back. Two new tires, an oil change, a brake job and a light bulb replaced. Six days. No one called to tell me what was going on. I did 90 percent of the reach out to Fitzgerald. A frustrating experience.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/14/2019

Looking into the situation it seem this was a  isolated incident. We are making the necessary adjustment to help prevent this kind of break down in communication in the future. Unfortunately the biggest delay was getting the  correct tires from Hyundai. Please feel free to reach out to me for any other issues or concerns .

UA
Uday A.
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Good technicians, not so great staff?
I had mixed experience.
The service done was actually really good.
They did not charge me for services requested because they did not find the problem. ( The problem did not exist and occurred sporadically. )

One advisor was kind of standoff-ish. But the rest were fine.
I had an hour long wait for the writeup and loaner.
They did not notify me about problems that i could have had taken care off in the same visit.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 05/08/2019

Sorry for the lack of communication from the writer and we will work on that . The recommendation on the car are due by time and by and miles . We have no history on couple different items .  I can not speak on behalf of the loaner company. But we did provide a free loaner at no charge to you.  We work on improving are service center . Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other question or concerns .

Clarksburg, MD
2016 Hyundai Elantra
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Maybe just a bad day?
I usually have no issues here. But they missed a repair that they 'said' they checked and it was "fine". Had to bring it back, get a loaner for a day, only for them to magically find what they couldn't the first time? Like I said, maybe just a bad day or someone just wasn't paying attention?
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Apologizes for the oversight on the headlight high beam bulb. I really like to speak to about this issue and service you received . Please email me or call me .

HJ
Heather J.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Timliness
Every time I come to Fitzgerald it takes longer than they initially say it is to complete service. Also, communication could be better as to status of vehicle repair.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/12/2019

sorry for length of time to have service complete. There was a recall we also performed while we had the car .  This recall it self takes hour or so  and can not be stop wants started. We add more tech to help with wait times especially on Friday and
Saturday. I am a little confused on one of the question ask .How long did you expect the service to take? You said two to three hours.  Please feel free to reach out to me more about your visit.

03/06/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
The customer service from fitz Gaithersburg is terrible. Every time I go there this guy Jonathan doesn’t know how to treat customers. He is RUDE !!! Additionally every time I go there prices change !!! And my car doesn’t get the inspection it should have every time they change SOMETHING
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/06/2019

Looking into the repairs performed. We performed an oil change only. There is no inspection done with oil changes . We top off fluids only. The price change last May 2017 on oil changes. Fitzgerald has not change the price on an oil change in almost 15 years. We will speak with the service writer about his actions. If you want to speak more about this service visit. Please feel free to contact us to speak more . Have a great day.

301-670-4813

LW
Lori W.
Rockville, MD
2007 Hyundai Tucson
02/21/2019 Category: Service
Ms
I went in for an oil change and to have a burning smell checked out. I was told I needed $3,700-$4,000 of work done. The salesman was courteous but I was suspicious due to lack of eye contact during communication. My oil change ended up taking almost 5 hours.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/22/2019

Helllo,

I apologize that this visit was not up to your standards. Looking into the ticket, it looks that the vehicle needed a Catalytic Convertor which is considered a major repair. Please reach out to me so we could discuss this further.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Missing key
The service itself was overall good. Customer service was lacking.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/05/2019

Sorry when removing the keys one key came off and hit the steps it . Again sorry for the key being misplace. Please feel free to give me a call to speak more about what happen if you would like.

Rockville, MD
02/01/2019 Category: Service
recent visit not good
Normally experience is good. Service guys are great. Waiting room is great. Safety recalls appointment not good. 2 recalls. Was assured both parts were there. Got there. At end of appointment was told they could only do 1 recall because they didn't have the other part. After finally being notified that part was there - after I called to find out - made 2nd appointment. Got there and after about 20 minutes was told they didn't have the part but would have the next day. Not acceptable. They agreed to send someone somewhere to get the part. They made the repair and I was out of there in good time, although about an hour later than it should have been but still acceptable time. Found out they used my part in someone else's vehicle that Saturday (my appointment was on Monday). Lesson learned? In future demand that parts be put aside with my name on them.
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 02/01/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. We have found errors recently in our parts ordering/retainment process and have made adjustments. We will strive to be better, and we apologize this happened to you.  If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4831.

Service Lane Manager
301-670-7070 x11445

Claire S.
01/01/2019 Category: Service
No comment
It is complete. I have no comment.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

We went to apologizes for misprint at the time of the write up on the miles . Unfortunately we all make mistakes . We will work on improving are service department . Please let me know if there's is any other things we need to improve on so next time we earn a 5 star . Have a Great New Year.

Montgomery Village, MD
12/18/2018 Category: Service
There must be better service elsewhere
I brought my Hyundai crossover in for a transmission problem. On the third day, I was told the car was within factory spec, nothing about the problem which still exists. The test data were not saved, so I was unable to comment. I was not contacted with updates or notified that the pertinent people were not at the site. This is not the first time that the service timeliness and communication here have been subpar. The inspection sheet indicated that the air filter needed to be changed and the throttle body box was checked, but no mention of these was made at checkout. The only reason for the two-star rating is that I had also brought in the car for an oil change and tire rotation, and assume these were performed properly.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/19/2018

Sorry to hear about you last couple of visits.  We are pulling the reports and will go over with all the service writers about keeping the customer updated. This transmission issue you are having , we have graphed and found the its a normal CVT (Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing) transmission. I recommend you test drive another model with the same transmission. Unfortunately all we can do is check for updates on the transmission software and check to see if transmission is shifting normal which we did both visits.

2009 Hyundai Sonata
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Scheduled maintenance appointment not honored
Disappointed and annoyed
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/05/2018

We apologize for the length of time to have your vehicle serviced. We sometimes run into situations that can delay us that are beyond our control.  The cell service in our service area/waiting room has poor reception, and you may have not gotten the call. Regardless, the advisor should have gotten up and looked to see if you were here. We do apologize for this.  We have adding more technicians and opened additional bays to lessen the wait times and accommodate our customers better.

Please give us a call and let me see how we can make this up to you.

Hyundai Service Lane Manager

Poolesville, MD
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication, expensive routine service that took forever
Poor communication, expensive routine service that took forever
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/05/2018

We apologize for the miscommunication. We usually offer a uber ride or a one day free loaner car when the service is going to take over 2 hours or more. We did a significant amout of work for you that day and you would have more than qualified for either. We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience.

Please give me a call so I can make this up to you.

Hyundai Service Lane Manager

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/30/2018 Category: Service
good facilities but some agents are not courteous
Customer service agents needs to be more courteous
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/01/2018

We are sorry for your warranty expiring . But we have not seen your car in over three years or 20,000 ago. So there was no way we could've knew your warranty was going to expire. Also sorry for the length of time to complete repairs.  Please call me if you would like to speak more about this visit.

MF
Michael F.
Derwood, MD
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Problem Resolved
The double charge for services was resolved to my satisfaction by Fitzgeralds Hyundai. The Service Manager was very helpful and offered to resolve the problem expeditiously.

09/28/2018 Category: Service
Double Charge
I was billed twice for the service.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/28/2018

We apologizes if you were charge twice . Please come by and let me take a look at the two charges . We will be glad to refund the amount you were charge . Give me a call and let me know