4.6

Roscoe, IL
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Car issues resolved!
I am happy that Brett in the service department worked so hard with his team to troubleshoot my car problem! Glad the issue was resolved.

08/02/2019 Category: Service
Dissatisfied and worried customer
Went in for oil change, car was running great, the said I needed new ball joints, they replaced them and now my car has extreme vibration. They don't know what the problem is.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/02/2019

Glad we were able to talk thank you .

08/01/2019 Category: Service
A dishonest service facility
I wont return here. They tried getting me to buy new tires and brakes the same day of service, when neither were needed. To make a long story short, I went to a different dealer for a second opinion, and glad I did. I highly recommend going somewhere else. The dishonesty of Perryville Hyundai service is incomprehensible.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/01/2019

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit with us here at Hyundai on Perryville . I'm sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory service you had . i will look into your recent visit here with us and contact personally to discuss what i find . Thank you

GP
Gary P.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump a d wiring harness
They put in writing they repaired the wiring harness

04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump problem
Dealership said the wiring harness had been repaired by someone. First of i knew of it. Said black tape not factory not theirs either. I must have had repaired some place else. The car has always been repaired at their shop. Shop said needed tech to look at the auto about who would pay.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/05/2019

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your feed back we spoke this morning and i am waiting to hear back. I will reach out on Monday like we talked for more information . Thank You and have a great weekend .

Donald G.
Davis Junction, IL
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Do what the customer asks.
I bought 2 cars from this . I felt like I got screwed. Don G.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/04/2019

Good Afternoon ,
      Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville. I did try calling the number we have on file for you today,unfortunately it wasn't able to go through. If you get a chance please give me a call i would like to talk further about your concern.

SL
Settimo L.
Machesney Park, IL
02/08/2019 Category: Service
Make you feel unwanted
Same staff there that give you the bad looks as i had to complain before ,now when i go in they just go away or not even knowledge you
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 02/08/2019

Good afternoon,
    Sorry you feel this way about your visit , your information is incorrect i physically watched the technician replace your switch. i am not sure about what you mean with all the after market covers on your steering wheel.

GA
Gnanaprakasam A.
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Need improvement
Few of the steering screws kept open not fixed. I didn’t expect this service
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/19/2018

Good Morning,
     Thank you for   back from your recent visit here with us . As we spoke on the phone i do apologize for the inconvenience . As we spoke on the phone we look forward to seeing you next time .If you have any question please feel free to reach out .  Have Great Weekend .

Jennifer G.
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Continued Loyal Sevice
Service manager made phone calls and had all service charges waved and took care of any issues. Brett was great and we will continue to visit this dealership. Thank you!

10/04/2018 Category: Service
No customer loyalty
Brought sonata in for engine noise after a recent engine rebuild. Was told I would be charged $100 for service check. Also at same time had steering coupling replaced. Would not wave service charge fee. Went I went to pay bill they upped the $100 service charge to $129. Ultimately they fixed it back to $100 for a charge I should have never had to pay. Have had all service work done at this dealership and 1 month ago bought a new Santa Fe at this dealership. No loyalty to customer and expensive on repair charges. Will never be back and recommend others to avoid. Will drive to other Hyundai dealership for future service!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/05/2018

Good Morning,
   Thank you for your feedback from your most recent visit here with us . As we spoke last night ,I am glad we were able to get this misunderstanding resolved . We look forward to seeing you guys next time , have a great weekend .

Mike R.
09/19/2018 Category: Service
I'm not happy.
See above.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/19/2018

Good Morning ,
     We do apprecaite the feedback from your recent visit here at our store . We had jsut spoke recently about your concerns. If you do have any more issues or help with any issues dont hesitate to call.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Blame the customer instead of doing what's right!
Nice reply. So you are saying that the Mattoon hyundai service tech is full of bs too? He saw fuel on the gauge yet vehicle was dead in the water until I poured a couple gallons in. Vehicle started right up. Imagine that. He also ran the computer to check for codes and there were none but yet vehicle was showing fuel but was in fact empty. The light showing low fuel never came on either. As you said it did all start a month or so ago. It started when we took it to you for recall service. Justin said it's either a oil valve or the entire engine. He spent three days arguing with the warranty people. Maybe it should have had the motor replaced. Problems started after service on recall. I have driven and operated many types of machines and vehicles in my career and I know when something is not right. Your tech tried to say the front end slipping and banging was my trailer hitch rattling in it's carrier. Now that was amusing considering the front end makes banging sounds and you can feel it in the pedals. You charged me almost 300 dollars for nothing except resetting the computer. The straw that broke the camel's back was charging me for fuel you used. Your pathetic in store credit for half the fuel was also asinine. You used the fuel but having to pay for even half of it is ridiculous. We always had 18 or more mpg in the city and 20+ on highway. Now I get less than 200 miles to a tank. There is something wrong. It is a 4cyl. I get better mpg in my v8 work truck. You should have siphoned the fuel out and simple looked at the gauge. Oh but a 2 dollar siphon hose and a couple gas cans would have cost me another 300 according to Roberta. Get out with that cost for something simple. I never spoke to you directly so you really don't know what was said, do you? Of course your staff will try to say it was all me, as that is simple job security. My mechanics at my work laughed and shook their heads when I told them about this fiasco. They are certified mechanics too. They said they would have done things a bit different than relying on codes to do their job. So if you still want to put the blame on us, then we will never buy from your dealership again. I have purchased 3 vehicles from you and my son bought one too. No more after this treatment and blame game you seem to be playing. Customer service is where a business thrives. I didn't need to hear how bad a day Roberta was having and how many phone calls she was getting as an excuse for not following through with simple phone calls and status updates. What do they always say about excuses? This whole experience has been upsetting from the time of recall service throughout these new issues. Next stop, BBB, Corporate Hyundai, and anyone else that needs to know how you treat customers. Have a great day too....

06/05/2018 Category: Service
Pathetic service department.
Apparently if there are no error codes these mechanics are clueless. What happened to troubleshooting? These kids are just parts changers nowadays. No skill needed. Worst service department I have ever been involved with.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 06/05/2018

Good Morning,
    Some of the information from what you stated and we were given seem incorrect. You drove the vehicle into us and stated a that the issue just happened. After talking to you later you advised us that a month ago that the vehicle ran out of gas on you. When you brought it into us the fuel gauge and digital reading in our computer stated there was 3/4 a tank or about 80% exactly in the tank which by my math seems like that is working correctly. You are correct the computer did not give us any codes because it was operating correctly while it was here.  Yes, you did give us permission to drive the vehicle home, you also approved us to put gas back in the vehicle to test the fuel range and the fuel level in the tank. Yes, the fuel mpg seemed slighty low, but also not knowing how you drive and the area you drive in there is a big variation in mpg in all vehicles.  Per Hyundai guidelines if you cannot duplicate the concern there is to be no repair attempt. In my opinion if we were part changers we would have tried guessing and throwing a random part at your car which we did not. My Hyundai trained/certified technicians followed the manufacture protocol. Any question please feel free to contact me. Have a great day

Freeport, IL
2013 Hyundai Azera
05/17/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service
Car comes back damaged after service
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/17/2018

Good Afternoon
         We have previously spoke about the concern with the lifting issue . We have been awaiting pictures to verify what actually happened . this is the first i heard about the time issue from your visit . From the paperwork and time stamp its looks like the visit was just about an hour . Any questions please contact us , or if you have any questions on the declined services that we recommended please give us a call more than happy to explain.

Rockton, IL
2014 Hyundai Veloster
05/01/2018 Category: Service
4 times for the same issue
I had my vehicle in for service 4 times for the same issue. They covered the first but then charged me for each time following claiming I was either adjusting or tampering with a bolt that you cant even see or get to without removing multiple other parts of the car.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/02/2018

Morning, all the same information we spoke about the last time you were here . Wont get into the details again about the mysterious terms of your vehicle and continuess parts breaking . As we spoke before if your are not tampering with the bolts than the previous owner has installed or performed something on that car causing issues  . Maybe a different car would be suggested for your next time trial road course adventure . Thanks have great day

CK
Connie K.
Machesney Park, IL
04/28/2018 Category: Service
very poor workmanship
Please re-read my previous review. According to your service manager, my vehicle was in for the A/C, one time. The first time was for the air bag light. I have no idea why the other problem was not recorded in your computer system. I did not care for the e-mail from the service manager. I'm aware, the repair took longer than expected because parts needed to be ordered. I'm aware, Hyundai paid for a rental car. The service manager was not aware, that it was not an A/C problem, nor that a very large piece of the car fell on my feet while driving down the road. Like I said, re-read my first review. I have no confidence in your product, or your service. I will not be back. I will not recommend your dealership, or your product to anyone. the only reason you received one star, was because the system would not allow no star.

04/28/2018 Category: Service
Poor quality, untrustworthy.
Do NOT buy a Hyundai. Do not buy from this dealership.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/30/2018

GOOD MORNING, UNFORTUNATELY I ONLY SEE THERE WAS EVER ONE VISIT TO OUR DEALERSHIP,THE ONLY CONCERN LISTED WAS ABOUT YOUR A/C  . AND WE HAD TO ORDER MORE PARTS PER THE REPAIR RECOMMEND BY HYUNDAI . THERE WAS NEVER A COMPLAINT LISTED FOR ANY ELECTRICAL OR CLOCK ISSUES . YOU WERE PROVIDED A RENTAL VEHICLE FOR THE COMPLETE TIME YOUR VEHICLE WAS BEING REPAIRED . I APOLOGIZE IT TOOK LONGER.  AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VEHICLE , THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME .

Jeffrey F.
01/29/2018 Category: Service
Said they would look into my complaint and heard nothing since
It has been almost three weeks without any further contact.

01/29/2018 Category: Service
They lie. Don’t go there
Crooks again and again
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 01/30/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I will be pulling your ticket for review. I will be in contact with you to discuss.

PP
Patty P.
2007 Hyundai Sonata
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Be honest!
It seemed as if when my daughter brouhght the car in, all the service needed changed.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 12/28/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I will review your history with the service advisor.

JE
Joshua E.
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Failure to finish service
Unless you are mechanically inclined and know how to check what was done to your vehicle, then I would not get services done at this facility.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 11/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I do apologize for  what had happened and would like to make it up to you. I have left you a message, and awaiting a return call. I will keep trying to contact you until this problem is rectified.