Overall Rating 3.8214286/5Overall Rating 3.8214286/5Overall Rating 3.8214286/5rating 3.8214286rating 3.8214286
Overall Rating 2.0714246/5Overall Rating 2.0714246/5rating 2.0714246rating 2.0714246rating 2.0714246

GP
Gary P.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump a d wiring harness
They put in writing they repaired the wiring harness

04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump problem
Dealership said the wiring harness had been repaired by someone. First of i knew of it. Said black tape not factory not theirs either. I must have had repaired some place else. The car has always been repaired at their shop. Shop said needed tech to look at the auto about who would pay.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/05/2019

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your feed back we spoke this morning and i am waiting to hear back. I will reach out on Monday like we talked for more information . Thank You and have a great weekend .

Donald G.
Davis Junction, IL
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Do what the customer asks.
I bought 2 cars from this . I felt like I got screwed. Don G.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/04/2019

Good Afternoon ,
      Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville. I did try calling the number we have on file for you today,unfortunately it wasn't able to go through. If you get a chance please give me a call i would like to talk further about your concern.

SL
Settimo L.
Machesney Park, IL
02/08/2019 Category: Service
Make you feel unwanted
Same staff there that give you the bad looks as i had to complain before ,now when i go in they just go away or not even knowledge you
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 02/08/2019

Good afternoon,
    Sorry you feel this way about your visit , your information is incorrect i physically watched the technician replace your switch. i am not sure about what you mean with all the after market covers on your steering wheel.

GA
Gnanaprakasam A.
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Need improvement
Few of the steering screws kept open not fixed. I didn’t expect this service
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/19/2018

Good Morning,
     Thank you for   back from your recent visit here with us . As we spoke on the phone i do apologize for the inconvenience . As we spoke on the phone we look forward to seeing you next time .If you have any question please feel free to reach out .  Have Great Weekend .

Jennifer G.
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Continued Loyal Sevice
Service manager made phone calls and had all service charges waved and took care of any issues. Brett was great and we will continue to visit this dealership. Thank you!

10/04/2018 Category: Service
No customer loyalty
Brought sonata in for engine noise after a recent engine rebuild. Was told I would be charged $100 for service check. Also at same time had steering coupling replaced. Would not wave service charge fee. Went I went to pay bill they upped the $100 service charge to $129. Ultimately they fixed it back to $100 for a charge I should have never had to pay. Have had all service work done at this dealership and 1 month ago bought a new Santa Fe at this dealership. No loyalty to customer and expensive on repair charges. Will never be back and recommend others to avoid. Will drive to other Hyundai dealership for future service!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/05/2018

Good Morning,
   Thank you for your feedback from your most recent visit here with us . As we spoke last night ,I am glad we were able to get this misunderstanding resolved . We look forward to seeing you guys next time , have a great weekend .

Mike R.
09/19/2018 Category: Service
I'm not happy.
See above.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/19/2018

Good Morning ,
     We do apprecaite the feedback from your recent visit here at our store . We had jsut spoke recently about your concerns. If you do have any more issues or help with any issues dont hesitate to call.

Loves Park, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Blame the customer instead of doing what's right!
Nice reply. So you are saying that the Mattoon hyundai service tech is full of bs too? He saw fuel on the gauge yet vehicle was dead in the water until I poured a couple gallons in. Vehicle started right up. Imagine that. He also ran the computer to check for codes and there were none but yet vehicle was showing fuel but was in fact empty. The light showing low fuel never came on either. As you said it did all start a month or so ago. It started when we took it to you for recall service. Justin said it's either a oil valve or the entire engine. He spent three days arguing with the warranty people. Maybe it should have had the motor replaced. Problems started after service on recall. I have driven and operated many types of machines and vehicles in my career and I know when something is not right. Your tech tried to say the front end slipping and banging was my trailer hitch rattling in it's carrier. Now that was amusing considering the front end makes banging sounds and you can feel it in the pedals. You charged me almost 300 dollars for nothing except resetting the computer. The straw that broke the camel's back was charging me for fuel you used. Your pathetic in store credit for half the fuel was also asinine. You used the fuel but having to pay for even half of it is ridiculous. We always had 18 or more mpg in the city and 20+ on highway. Now I get less than 200 miles to a tank. There is something wrong. It is a 4cyl. I get better mpg in my v8 work truck. You should have siphoned the fuel out and simple looked at the gauge. Oh but a 2 dollar siphon hose and a couple gas cans would have cost me another 300 according to Roberta. Get out with that cost for something simple. I never spoke to you directly so you really don't know what was said, do you? Of course your staff will try to say it was all me, as that is simple job security. My mechanics at my work laughed and shook their heads when I told them about this fiasco. They are certified mechanics too. They said they would have done things a bit different than relying on codes to do their job. So if you still want to put the blame on us, then we will never buy from your dealership again. I have purchased 3 vehicles from you and my son bought one too. No more after this treatment and blame game you seem to be playing. Customer service is where a business thrives. I didn't need to hear how bad a day Roberta was having and how many phone calls she was getting as an excuse for not following through with simple phone calls and status updates. What do they always say about excuses? This whole experience has been upsetting from the time of recall service throughout these new issues. Next stop, BBB, Corporate Hyundai, and anyone else that needs to know how you treat customers. Have a great day too....

06/05/2018 Category: Service
Pathetic service department.
Apparently if there are no error codes these mechanics are clueless. What happened to troubleshooting? These kids are just parts changers nowadays. No skill needed. Worst service department I have ever been involved with.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 06/05/2018

Good Morning,
    Some of the information from what you stated and we were given seem incorrect. You drove the vehicle into us and stated a that the issue just happened. After talking to you later you advised us that a month ago that the vehicle ran out of gas on you. When you brought it into us the fuel gauge and digital reading in our computer stated there was 3/4 a tank or about 80% exactly in the tank which by my math seems like that is working correctly. You are correct the computer did not give us any codes because it was operating correctly while it was here.  Yes, you did give us permission to drive the vehicle home, you also approved us to put gas back in the vehicle to test the fuel range and the fuel level in the tank. Yes, the fuel mpg seemed slighty low, but also not knowing how you drive and the area you drive in there is a big variation in mpg in all vehicles.  Per Hyundai guidelines if you cannot duplicate the concern there is to be no repair attempt. In my opinion if we were part changers we would have tried guessing and throwing a random part at your car which we did not. My Hyundai trained/certified technicians followed the manufacture protocol. Any question please feel free to contact me. Have a great day

Freeport, IL
2013 Hyundai Azera
05/17/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service
Car comes back damaged after service
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/17/2018

Good Afternoon
         We have previously spoke about the concern with the lifting issue . We have been awaiting pictures to verify what actually happened . this is the first i heard about the time issue from your visit . From the paperwork and time stamp its looks like the visit was just about an hour . Any questions please contact us , or if you have any questions on the declined services that we recommended please give us a call more than happy to explain.

Rockton, IL
2014 Hyundai Veloster
05/01/2018 Category: Service
4 times for the same issue
I had my vehicle in for service 4 times for the same issue. They covered the first but then charged me for each time following claiming I was either adjusting or tampering with a bolt that you cant even see or get to without removing multiple other parts of the car.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/02/2018

Morning, all the same information we spoke about the last time you were here . Wont get into the details again about the mysterious terms of your vehicle and continuess parts breaking . As we spoke before if your are not tampering with the bolts than the previous owner has installed or performed something on that car causing issues  . Maybe a different car would be suggested for your next time trial road course adventure . Thanks have great day

CK
Connie K.
Machesney Park, IL
04/28/2018 Category: Service
very poor workmanship
Please re-read my previous review. According to your service manager, my vehicle was in for the A/C, one time. The first time was for the air bag light. I have no idea why the other problem was not recorded in your computer system. I did not care for the e-mail from the service manager. I'm aware, the repair took longer than expected because parts needed to be ordered. I'm aware, Hyundai paid for a rental car. The service manager was not aware, that it was not an A/C problem, nor that a very large piece of the car fell on my feet while driving down the road. Like I said, re-read my first review. I have no confidence in your product, or your service. I will not be back. I will not recommend your dealership, or your product to anyone. the only reason you received one star, was because the system would not allow no star.

04/28/2018 Category: Service
Poor quality, untrustworthy.
Do NOT buy a Hyundai. Do not buy from this dealership.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/30/2018

GOOD MORNING, UNFORTUNATELY I ONLY SEE THERE WAS EVER ONE VISIT TO OUR DEALERSHIP,THE ONLY CONCERN LISTED WAS ABOUT YOUR A/C  . AND WE HAD TO ORDER MORE PARTS PER THE REPAIR RECOMMEND BY HYUNDAI . THERE WAS NEVER A COMPLAINT LISTED FOR ANY ELECTRICAL OR CLOCK ISSUES . YOU WERE PROVIDED A RENTAL VEHICLE FOR THE COMPLETE TIME YOUR VEHICLE WAS BEING REPAIRED . I APOLOGIZE IT TOOK LONGER.  AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VEHICLE , THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME .

Jeffrey F.
01/29/2018 Category: Service
Said they would look into my complaint and heard nothing since
It has been almost three weeks without any further contact.

01/29/2018 Category: Service
They lie. Don’t go there
Crooks again and again
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 01/30/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I will be pulling your ticket for review. I will be in contact with you to discuss.

PP
Patty P.
2007 Hyundai Sonata
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Be honest!
It seemed as if when my daughter brouhght the car in, all the service needed changed.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 12/28/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I will review your history with the service advisor.

JE
Joshua E.
Loves Park, IL
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Failure to finish service
Unless you are mechanically inclined and know how to check what was done to your vehicle, then I would not get services done at this facility.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 11/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I do apologize for  what had happened and would like to make it up to you. I have left you a message, and awaiting a return call. I will keep trying to contact you until this problem is rectified.

Elk Grove Village, IL
2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/02/2017 Category: Service
I was not happy with the service and the information or lack of provided.
I took my car in to have the door sensor fixed. While I was there I was told something was wrong with my driver's door handle. They said they had to order the part and that it had to be painted. I kept calling to find out how long it would take and I was told they were not sure because it was in the paint shop. I was told they had no control over the paint shop. Our they not part of Hyundai. It took almost two weeks to get the new handle installed and two trips from Elk Grove Village to Rockford. That is a long trip. Then I was told I had to pay to have the handle painted. Why should I have to pay to have a warranted part painted? I did call Hyundai and made a complaint.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/03/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I apologize that our bodyshop was backed up. It is unfortunate that the Extended Warranty company would not pay to paint your door handle.

Hyundai on Perryville
Service Department

Roscoe, IL
09/04/2017 Category: Service
I would give Roberta five stars
Everyone is very nice. It's the service department that messed up big time.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/05/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I do apologize that this incident occurred.  We will be getting it corrected for you immediately. We will be giving you an update as soon as we know what has failed.

Beloit, WI
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Wanted to perform work that didn't need to be done!
I took my car in to have a noise in the right front wheel investigated. They came out and said I needed all new brake pads and rotors on all four corners to the sum of almost $800. I took my car to a reputable mechanic and he said I only needed brake pads and charged me $89.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 07/12/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Thank you for brining this to my attention. I do apologize if anyone in our
Service department came across as being rude. I would like to contact you to discuss this further.

Corrie B.
Roscoe, IL
2012 Hyundai Azera
07/04/2017 Category: Service
Can't fix anything
Had car in on several occasions and nothing gets fixed correctly. I'm done with this place.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 07/05/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Per your voicemail, I have been trying to reach out to you, to help resolve this matter. I apologize for the issue and would like a chance to resolve this for you. I will continue to try to get in contact with you.

Christopher S.
04/11/2017 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
I wanted to a take some time to reflect on my interactions as of late at the perryville location before taking this survey to be clear headed. The quality of the customer service provided by the service dept has dropped tremendously. It has forced me to pull my business to another dealership. I have had several issues as of late but this last visit was the final straw. I had to wait 6 weeks and call/stop in 3 times to finally get it in to be looked at. After calling I discovered they were having issues with their loaner, which is understandable but someone should of called me to inform me of this delay, not leave me wondering forcing me to inquire several times on the status. After the long wait, and having to pay partially for a rental from enterprise and giving up several hours of my limited time off between jobs. I picked up my car and nothing was done to fix the speaker issue. They said they could not replicate the issue funny thing was as soon as i got in the car you could hear it plain as day. After taking a video and going back in to show the service rep of the issue, I was told the service manager would call me back. I never got a call back. I waited another week before I called back and spoke to Mike I was informed that it could result in a charge of $100+ an hr for labor if they deem it wasn't a mfg defect. Which I understand as I work with warranties in my job too but how it was handled and explained was poorly done. I questioned as to why it wouldn't be covered as it was a speaker they replaced at the time 7 weeks prior and I called back within 48hours of the service that there were issues with the latest speaker and then it took them 6 weeks to get in reinspected. Leaving us to agree that it would be more cost effective to just replace the entire factory speaker system with aftermarket one. Which defeats the purpose for the 10 Year extended warranty I purchased. I didn't like this advice at all and called around to other dealers. I was able to get it in at another shop within 2 days and it was fixed under warranty. I am pulling my business and going there from now on. I felt valued and understood over at the new location. Their service manager and mechanic sat in my car while I showed them the issue. Finally after 6 weeks of hassle I found people willing to work with me.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/11/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.

KD
Kevin D.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
03/25/2017 Category: Service
Not a good service
My car was leaking coolant took it there and they replaced the radiator and it started getting overheating then i took it back after i was back from my vacation and told me it was the radiator cap so i paid like 150 for the pressure test and the rcap drove it for 15 min and it starts overheating again so i called right away and told me to take it back then they said my thermostat might be bad that they charge me 700 to replace it and they were not even sure if that was the problem so im like nope not coming back anymore . i definitely do not recommend getting a hyundai or their services
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 03/27/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. With all the after market components on your vehicle may be contributing to the issues you are having.

DK
Duane K.
Earlville, IL
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/22/2017 Category: Service
poor service department
The new customer service rep no longer goes over the check list after service is done. And, this time, the mechanic was very negligent. Is important to make sure ALL tires are secure before releasing car. Luckily his oversight did not cause damage that I know of, or personal injury. Very easily could have been a different story.
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 03/22/2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I had spoken with you early Monday morning to address this issue. I have new policies in place to insure this will not happen again. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday evening.