4.6

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
04/16/2020 Category: Service
Friendly
Service was good.
They kept me informed and got my vehicle fixed and back to me.

04/16/2020 Category: Service
Friendly
As far as service they were good and helped me out.
Hyundai supplied tow truck and rental car. Disappointed in vehicle. Burned oil and then had to HV new engine at 80,000 miles. Will eventually trade this vehicle
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/20/2020

Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville . Let us look into this and we will reach out soon .

TH
Tracy H.
10/10/2019 Category: Service
Car light
Was in and out in an hour. Jay e end asked if I wanted my car washed..

10/10/2019 Category: Service
Not
The girl that is in the auto service is not a person I would ever deal with. She says no matter what it is that it's 12000. Mikes or its not covered
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/11/2019

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville . Thank you for Talking with Jay last night and him and i spoke . Thank you for clearing that all up for us and any further issues wehn you call please ask for Jay or Myself and we will take care of you . Thank you and have a great weekend

Roscoe, IL
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Car issues resolved!
I am happy that Brett in the service department worked so hard with his team to troubleshoot my car problem! Glad the issue was resolved.

08/02/2019 Category: Service
Dissatisfied and worried customer
Went in for oil change, car was running great, the said I needed new ball joints, they replaced them and now my car has extreme vibration. They don't know what the problem is.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/02/2019

Glad we were able to talk thank you .

NC
Norman C.
Winnebago, IL
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/01/2019 Category: Service
good job
on time, short wait, nice people, good coffee

08/01/2019 Category: Service
did what they said
all is well, may be in florida for next service
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/02/2019

Good Afternoon ,
           Thanks for talking with me earlier glad we and i am glad your visit was satisfactory .

Loves Park, IL
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
I was in and out in a timely manner.

07/22/2019 Category: Service
Oil change (really I don't know what this means)
Everything was fine.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 07/22/2019

Good Afternoon ,
         Thanks for the recent review from your visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville . We just spoke on the phone and it was great talking to you and we look forward to seeing you next time .

Algonquin, IL
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Redemption!!!
Perryville Hyundai reached out to me and made things right!!

They run a tight ship over there.

05/17/2019 Category: Service
2 week back order for a wore harness?
Meh.
Great service, but I'm questioning the quality of.my car and the software/recall update they did on my car.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/21/2019

Good morning,
       I am glad we were able to speak this morning and dicsuss your concerns and get them resolved . We look forward to seeing you next time for maintenance though lol .

JJ
Jon J.
Naperville, IL
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/04/2019 Category: Service
All fixed!
The oil leak, ac hoses and noisy blower motor were all repaired under warranty. The staff were helpful and friendly.

05/04/2019 Category: Service
Oil leak and no AC after warranty engine replacement
Nice folks and they honored my $2,000.00 warranty but I wish they’d checked it out more thoroughly before returning it. I now a vehicle that leaks oil on my driveway every day and no cold air from the AC.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/04/2019

Good evening ,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit with us . I apologize your having and issue with your vehicle . I will pull your information Monday and look into the details and follow up with you then so we can discuss this further .

GP
Gary P.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump a d wiring harness
They put in writing they repaired the wiring harness

04/04/2019 Category: Service
Water pump problem
Dealership said the wiring harness had been repaired by someone. First of i knew of it. Said black tape not factory not theirs either. I must have had repaired some place else. The car has always been repaired at their shop. Shop said needed tech to look at the auto about who would pay.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/05/2019

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your feed back we spoke this morning and i am waiting to hear back. I will reach out on Monday like we talked for more information . Thank You and have a great weekend .

Mike P.
03/09/2019
Resolved welcoming issue
Bret Bokker Service Manager and I have been in contact concerning my recent visit and he was very understanding on what I had to say

03/09/2019
Poor welcoming
Just wanted a oil change and I got grief about needing an appointment form service counter. I understand during the week but on a Saturday really. What ever happened to drive up welcome. With my other 2018 car I take it to the Anderson Chrysler for a oil change they are nice going and says no problem
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 03/09/2019

Good morning,

Thank you from our feedback from your recent visit . I apaogize about the visit you had with us . We do run a smaller staff on Saturday . Let me look into your visit with us on Monday and I will reach out after I get some more information .

Bernard M.
Poplar Grove, IL
2012 Hyundai Genesis
03/08/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai On Perryville Service
As noted in my initial review comments, The Service Group at Hyundai on Perryville is above reproach.
However, I did feel that my 2012 Hyundai Genesis oil consumption issue could have been handled more quickly than having me wait for 1 hour while the staff consulted with Hyundai Customer Service to discuss next steps.
Once the monitoring program had been established, another 45 minutes was required to perform a base line oil change and the monitoring program could begin. Maybe I'm too close to the problem to be totally objective, but my time is very valuable and this should be respected by any service department.
I will increase my rating from 3 stars to 4 in recognition of Roberta's professionalism.

03/08/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai On Perryville Service
The Service Group at Hyundai On Perryville is above reproach.
They are dealing with my 2012 Genesis' oil consumption issues very professionally and in concert with guidelines established by Hyundai Customer Service.
Hyundai on Perryville will monitor my oil consumption for a specified period of time after which a resolution will be reached, hopefully to everyone's satisfaction.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 03/09/2019

Good morning ,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit .we will do everything we can to hopefully rectify your situation . We will monitor and give all the information the Hyundai Motor America and see how they would like us to continue once we get all the information . Please remember the review here is just for how we took care of you on your visit . It doesn’t relate any reference to your vehicle or to Hyundai corporate. We do strive for good service to our customers and great reviews . Thank you and have a great weekend .

2014 Hyundai Elantra
01/17/2019 Category: Service
You took the time to call and discuss concerns. You resolved the issue. Timely follow through.

01/17/2019 Category: Service
Acceptable
Some difficulty related to completing repairs at no cost, despite being within the manufacturer warranty.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 01/18/2019

Good Afternoon ,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit here with us at Hyundai on Perryville. As we spoke on the phone , I am glad we were able to rectify your concerns . We look forward to seeing you next time and have a great weekend .

Jennifer G.
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Continued Loyal Sevice
Service manager made phone calls and had all service charges waved and took care of any issues. Brett was great and we will continue to visit this dealership. Thank you!

10/04/2018 Category: Service
No customer loyalty
Brought sonata in for engine noise after a recent engine rebuild. Was told I would be charged $100 for service check. Also at same time had steering coupling replaced. Would not wave service charge fee. Went I went to pay bill they upped the $100 service charge to $129. Ultimately they fixed it back to $100 for a charge I should have never had to pay. Have had all service work done at this dealership and 1 month ago bought a new Santa Fe at this dealership. No loyalty to customer and expensive on repair charges. Will never be back and recommend others to avoid. Will drive to other Hyundai dealership for future service!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 10/05/2018

Good Morning,
   Thank you for your feedback from your most recent visit here with us . As we spoke last night ,I am glad we were able to get this misunderstanding resolved . We look forward to seeing you guys next time , have a great weekend .

Loves Park, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Blame the customer instead of doing what's right!
Nice reply. So you are saying that the Mattoon hyundai service tech is full of bs too? He saw fuel on the gauge yet vehicle was dead in the water until I poured a couple gallons in. Vehicle started right up. Imagine that. He also ran the computer to check for codes and there were none but yet vehicle was showing fuel but was in fact empty. The light showing low fuel never came on either. As you said it did all start a month or so ago. It started when we took it to you for recall service. Justin said it's either a oil valve or the entire engine. He spent three days arguing with the warranty people. Maybe it should have had the motor replaced. Problems started after service on recall. I have driven and operated many types of machines and vehicles in my career and I know when something is not right. Your tech tried to say the front end slipping and banging was my trailer hitch rattling in it's carrier. Now that was amusing considering the front end makes banging sounds and you can feel it in the pedals. You charged me almost 300 dollars for nothing except resetting the computer. The straw that broke the camel's back was charging me for fuel you used. Your pathetic in store credit for half the fuel was also asinine. You used the fuel but having to pay for even half of it is ridiculous. We always had 18 or more mpg in the city and 20+ on highway. Now I get less than 200 miles to a tank. There is something wrong. It is a 4cyl. I get better mpg in my v8 work truck. You should have siphoned the fuel out and simple looked at the gauge. Oh but a 2 dollar siphon hose and a couple gas cans would have cost me another 300 according to Roberta. Get out with that cost for something simple. I never spoke to you directly so you really don't know what was said, do you? Of course your staff will try to say it was all me, as that is simple job security. My mechanics at my work laughed and shook their heads when I told them about this fiasco. They are certified mechanics too. They said they would have done things a bit different than relying on codes to do their job. So if you still want to put the blame on us, then we will never buy from your dealership again. I have purchased 3 vehicles from you and my son bought one too. No more after this treatment and blame game you seem to be playing. Customer service is where a business thrives. I didn't need to hear how bad a day Roberta was having and how many phone calls she was getting as an excuse for not following through with simple phone calls and status updates. What do they always say about excuses? This whole experience has been upsetting from the time of recall service throughout these new issues. Next stop, BBB, Corporate Hyundai, and anyone else that needs to know how you treat customers. Have a great day too....

06/05/2018 Category: Service
Pathetic service department.
Apparently if there are no error codes these mechanics are clueless. What happened to troubleshooting? These kids are just parts changers nowadays. No skill needed. Worst service department I have ever been involved with.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 06/05/2018

Good Morning,
    Some of the information from what you stated and we were given seem incorrect. You drove the vehicle into us and stated a that the issue just happened. After talking to you later you advised us that a month ago that the vehicle ran out of gas on you. When you brought it into us the fuel gauge and digital reading in our computer stated there was 3/4 a tank or about 80% exactly in the tank which by my math seems like that is working correctly. You are correct the computer did not give us any codes because it was operating correctly while it was here.  Yes, you did give us permission to drive the vehicle home, you also approved us to put gas back in the vehicle to test the fuel range and the fuel level in the tank. Yes, the fuel mpg seemed slighty low, but also not knowing how you drive and the area you drive in there is a big variation in mpg in all vehicles.  Per Hyundai guidelines if you cannot duplicate the concern there is to be no repair attempt. In my opinion if we were part changers we would have tried guessing and throwing a random part at your car which we did not. My Hyundai trained/certified technicians followed the manufacture protocol. Any question please feel free to contact me. Have a great day

CK
Connie K.
Machesney Park, IL
04/28/2018 Category: Service
very poor workmanship
Please re-read my previous review. According to your service manager, my vehicle was in for the A/C, one time. The first time was for the air bag light. I have no idea why the other problem was not recorded in your computer system. I did not care for the e-mail from the service manager. I'm aware, the repair took longer than expected because parts needed to be ordered. I'm aware, Hyundai paid for a rental car. The service manager was not aware, that it was not an A/C problem, nor that a very large piece of the car fell on my feet while driving down the road. Like I said, re-read my first review. I have no confidence in your product, or your service. I will not be back. I will not recommend your dealership, or your product to anyone. the only reason you received one star, was because the system would not allow no star.

04/28/2018 Category: Service
Poor quality, untrustworthy.
Do NOT buy a Hyundai. Do not buy from this dealership.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 04/30/2018

GOOD MORNING, UNFORTUNATELY I ONLY SEE THERE WAS EVER ONE VISIT TO OUR DEALERSHIP,THE ONLY CONCERN LISTED WAS ABOUT YOUR A/C  . AND WE HAD TO ORDER MORE PARTS PER THE REPAIR RECOMMEND BY HYUNDAI . THERE WAS NEVER A COMPLAINT LISTED FOR ANY ELECTRICAL OR CLOCK ISSUES . YOU WERE PROVIDED A RENTAL VEHICLE FOR THE COMPLETE TIME YOUR VEHICLE WAS BEING REPAIRED . I APOLOGIZE IT TOOK LONGER.  AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VEHICLE , THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME .

WH
Walter H.
02/20/2018 Category: Service
Nice people.
Nice clean environment. I took my car in for oil change and had more work to do. When the job was done, the car was not washed, the inside was not vacuumed and the light switch was not returned to its original position. I have asked them many times over the several oil changes and it was not accomplished. I just took it in last month and the light switch was still in the wrong position when it was given back it me. It was not returned to the Automatic position.

02/20/2018 Category: Service
Review
Average
Mike A., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 02/20/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I apologize the car wash was closed due to the weather conditions. Feel free to swing in when temp is above freezing and we will be more than happy to run it through the wash for you.

Mike Armato