Mark S.
Roy, WA
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Mark said they didn't do what he told them, they took too many parts off, the staff was told not to go over $1,000, he was on a budget,. 3 days later it turned out to be a $5,000 bill, it's a 20 year old vehicle. The mechanic said he would see what he could do about it. He asked to do transmission first and indicated he was communicated the runaround. Had to get assistance to pay bill at the reduced cost of over $3,000.

TV
Timothy V.
08/11/2020
This company uses bate and switch
I had my car in this shop to get the rear brakes replaced. After they had my car in their shop for 2 hours they came out and said they did not replace the brakes, but instead gave me a list of $3510 in repairs that they suggested I have done. They said my brakes were a 40%, but I was not asked if I still would like them replaced. On their list was an oil change (which I did the weekend before I came in), a tune up (done the weekend before), and replace engine torque mount (already replaced 2 months prier). Luckily, I am someone who knows cars. I can just imagine what they do to someone that would fall for their shoty business practices.

Steilacoom, WA
07/23/2020
Original quote was 1300. Ended up 2100.
We had an emergency we called
precision tune they give us a quote and we called Lakewood transmission and they gave us a quote that was lower however by the time things ended up it went from 1300 to 2100 that's a big jump and it took several days but they're friendly and the car runs great next time I'll probably use precision tune

Ford Expedition
05/23/2020
Bad service , unsatisfactory work
After spending $6500 for my truck and $3400 for my car I had to bring them both back to this place I eventually had to take my car to Buckys to get it fixed. They towed my car and buckled the quarter panel I would not recommend no one to this place.

Mariana L.
Maple Valley, WA
Nissan Sentra
02/18/2020
Very expensive
I was very unhappy with the price they charge for the service. I called a few other places and they were significantly cheaper however could not do the service. Also, I have been other mechanic shops who do a complimentary vacuum clean and this place does not. The little things go along way to make your client feel happy especially after spending almost 400. The mechanic recommends I service my car once a year. However, upon research that is not necessary. I think because I am a young woman they believed they can take advantage.

Dan H.
Toyota Tundra
12/23/2019
Very disappointed
I try shop local and small. I was quoted one price and took my truck there. Then they call me in a little bit and double the price on me. I got my truck drove one exit South to Moose's. They did all the work plus had them do more work. With added work still cheaper than Lakewood transmission. Felt bad for the lady that they said they had $4000 in her car so she lost car by signing title over to them at Lakewood transmission. Curious what the heck they did for $4,000. Think they saw a senior and were going to milk her dry.

PB
Phillip B.
WA
Kia Spectra
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Phillip said the employees didn't call him when the vehicle was done. When he picked the vehicle up he noticed bolts missing underneath the vehicle and the employees wrote the wrong mileage on the warranty.

MN
Marvin N.
Cadillac SRX
12/04/2019
concerned expereince
On a Wednesday We were promised 4 day turn-around for a timing chain replacement by Michael. The car was returned to us as completed 10 days later! Considering Lakewood Transmission is closed on weekends / that is an 8 day turn around - 4 days more than promised. (that doesn't set well as a good repair experience)

Next we were told (again by Michael) all 4 timing chains were replaced. The car has a 3.6L GM engine and I have yet to find this model of engine with more than 3 timing chains. (The statement ab out 4 chains does not boost our confidence in the work done)

Next; the car was running without dash or instrument lighting once returned. We called and Michael told us to return the car for checking. On the way back to the garage the instrument panel started to work. We went in to the garage anyway, just in case -- and was told that is norm for the car model when the battery is disconnected. (why wasn't a battery memory module attached to the OBD outlet to prevent that and why didn't Michael tell us that when we called in? Kind of gives the impression your car was a classroom experience for the garage doesn't it)

Then on the way home (a 50+ mile drive) the car thumped, or bumped intermittently in a subtle way. We were concerned but as it (the thump or bump) ent away we calculated it might have been something ran over on the road. But the thump continued intermittent over the next couple days so we called the garage. Again, Micheal said bring it in. We did, and $800.00 dollars later the thump was taken care of. What was the cause? Number one cylinder was missing due to a bad coil. We have to ask, given that the timing change kit was installed and the car was in under the wrench for 9 days -- why the hell wasn't the cylinder firing checked before the recall?

Ummm, i'm still puzzled over that one.

The embarrassment to me; I recommended this outfit for the repair due to past experience.

Jerry B.
Gig Harbor, WA
09/19/2019
Good people
Would highly recommend good people

Jennifer C.
Chevrolet Camaro
09/14/2019
Disappointed
Was quoted 109.00 over the phone cane out to 140.00 which was great. Then told other services that are completely unnecessary are needed for 370.00 very disappointing in a local company. Over charging and services that are unnecessary, straight up a small shop trying to scam people. Very disappointed in this company.

SD
Shelly D.
06/11/2019
Wrong assumption of what was wrong with my car.
Instead of doing a pressure test, I was told I needed the gasket on the manifold replaced. Took it elsewhere and found out it needed a temp sensor.

MK
Mike K.
Washington
Oldsmobile
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Mike's partner. He said he was not happy with the business because of a staff member named Mike.

Chris C.
Spanaway, WA
Acura MDX
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Chris said the whole experience was terrible. It took a month and they didn't even call once it was done and he will not ever be going back.
Kirsty M., General Manager from Lakewood Transmission Inc. responded on 10/17/2018

Chris, in the process of repairing automobiles we can only estimate the completion time not promise. It was three weeks for us to complete this repair due to locating and purchasing the needed differential hard parts that were damaged from the transmission failure.  We did make numerous attempts to contact you during this process and were unable to leave a message due to your mailbox being full.  I apologize for the extra time needed to repair your transmission correctly.

IL
Ilian L.
Kent, WA
Honda Fit
07/26/2018 Category: Service
Ilian said they had an issue with parts she bought and wasn't given a warranty to return it. They said she couldn't get anything back for it and it was a part over 500 dollars. Eventually they did give her a refund. They didn't have a print out on what she had purchased.

Ilian, I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with electrical parts.  We are not able to return electrical parts to our supplier for refund.  We did recognize that the parts you purchased was the incorrect one for your vehicle, after further inspection we were able to locate the correct part, and happily exchanged the part for you with no additional cost.

Rae S.
05/18/2018
Overpriced
They are very friendly however they definitely are not a very great shop. They quoted me almost 900 to get my brakes done. They said I need new front calipers, pads, and rotor. Along with rear brakes needing service and a brake fluid system flush. Went to another shop and was told I did not need new front calipers just new pads and rotors and told the rear brakes could use a service but they weren't in dire need and was quoted $550. Ultimately I took it to a friend who said the same thing as the 2nd shop and was able to do everything for $250 including an oil change. Lakewood transmission was trying to add in extra things that were not necessary. I will never return to this place.