Overall Rating 3.97/5Overall Rating 3.97/5Overall Rating 3.97/5rating 3.97rating 3.97

Jason G.
05/14/2018
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Lee Johnson Kia customer service has been anything but accommodating to me. I moved to Washington from out of state a little over a year ago. Prior to moving, I had leased a Kia Sorrento from my home state. Upon moving, I have been exclusively going to Lee Johnson for routine maintenance without issue. However, recently, when I tried to schedule service for a warranty issue, I was told that there was NO way that I could receive a loaner car because I didn't purchase the car from Lee Johnson. That is a little impossible to do since I lived in another state when I leased the car... I went on to explain that I leased the car in another state prior to moving and that the issue was going to be covered by the warranty (and billed to the corporation). The service advisor and manager proceeded to tell me that they offer a customer shuttle. So, I agreed to take the shuttle to my office located in Downtown Seattle. The service employees told me that they could not accommodate a shuttle longer than 10 miles. I then asked to bring in the car in the late afternoon (after work) or on the weekend and I was told that no one is available at those times. Finally, I asked them what my options are. They said my option was to bring in the car during working hours (take a day off) and wait for the car to be finished or rent a car at my own expense. Why would I pay to rent a car when my issue is being caused by Kia???

In short, I will be taking my business elsewhere. After talking with the Lee Johnson employees for over 30 minutes, I called Chuck Olson Kia. They were more than happy to accommodate me with a loaner car so that I can get to work while the service technicians fix my car. I will be having my car serviced at Chuck Olson from now on. Plus, when it comes time to lease another $40,000 Sorrento (January 2019), I will be going to ANY dealership except Lee Johnson.

KZ
Krissie Z.
Renton, WA
12/30/2017
Brian Walters and Kenny Rogers
My friend brought me and and introduced me to Brian. Very friendly guy. I got an awesome deal on an awesome car! And Kenny was great to do financing with!

Maureen M.
Gig Harbor, WA
12/29/2017
Sales
Had horrible experience with sales department. Will never return.

RP
Robin P.
12/28/2017
2018 Kia Soul Purchase
First rate facility, people, and or course competitive vehicle prices. Service is outstanding and location is easy to get to which is a big plus in and around Seattle.

Deb W.
Olympia, WA
12/18/2017
Best Price and Customer Service
Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland hit a home run! From my first phone call, to my In-store experience it was quick and easy. I got a super deal that other dealerships couldn’t match. The service was the best I’ve experienced buying or leasing a car!

Jen L.
12/12/2017
Not to mention
My Suburban was in your shop for Seven days.

VN
Vivek N.
12/08/2017
Poor overall experience
I took my new CX9 for the first service (oil change only). In few days, i noticed lot of oil on my garage floor. Took the car back to service and they confirmed that i lost 1-2 qts of oil due to some poor quality job. I have been since trying to contact service manager/customer service to register my concerns, but no one has called me back (its been 3 weeks now). May be they have high rates of customer issues or this is the standard.

PG
Pat G.
Bellevue, WA
09/26/2017
30 day check up. You know
I was treated very well, every thing was done that needed to be done in a timely Manet.

Michael B.
Kent, WA
07/03/2017
Great Experince
Alfredo Corpuz helped me and I love the car and the deal.

SL
Steven L.
Seattle, WA
06/30/2017
Making it right
Bought a new car from them (my second, and they service yet another one). This time we had a small problem with the vehicle, and they worked out a resolution and then went out of their way to implement that resolution. So I'm very satisfied with their approach.

SL
Steven L.
Seattle, WA
06/22/2017
They ripped me off and refuse to take responsibility
I paid $1450 for a feature on a new Kia Niro that doesn't work. They don't care, aren't interested in negotiating a settlement, and don't return emails in a timely fashion. This was the second car I bought from them... and obviously the last.

Brenda H.
Redmond, WA
05/30/2017
Emissions Test
We needed to get an emissions test before transferring title to a used Subaru that we purchased. We got in within minutes of calling and had one of the best customer service experiences ever. Mike Jameson helped us out and went above and beyond with his help and knowledge. Everyone there was outstanding. Thank you! We will return.

Jason F.
05/27/2017
Terrible Customer Service...if you want the FREE car wash
Lee Johnson Customer Service...THE WORST ON THE PLANET

Be warned if you buy a vehicle from Lee Johnson, they have what has to be the worst customer service on the planet.

Puffy Chest, I'll show you...appears to be their customer service policy.

It's always the business's that spend the most time talking and advertising about how wonderful their customer service is that usually have the worst. Probably why they have to spend money on advertising it.

I recently had a problem related to the FREE car wash they offer as part of their buy from us. Let me warn you up front they are very protective about these car washes and if they think you are trying to get a FREE car wash...well that's when customer service goes completely out the window, all the way up to management and the ownership. Keep in mind this is over a car wash. Dick Durbin one of their sales managers was the first to try help me and his approach to customer service is the "Puffy Chest", I'll show you...he's probably never used customer and service in the same sentence before. This terrible "Puffy Chest" customer service approach obviously stems from the ownership because after Dick Durbin failed with his "I'll show you" customer service approach someone claiming to be one of the owners named Tom decided he was going to use the same "Puffy Chest" "I'll show you" approach. Neither Tom or Dick (no pun intended) cared the least bit about customer service and were willing to sacrifice that customer service for the sake of their precious FREE car wash

I actually had to call the POLICE to get my issue resolved because neither Tom or Dick cared enough about the customer service they so openly boast and advertise about.

So be prepared to call the POLICE if you buy a vehicle and have any problems. They have the WORST customer service and it starts with their management and ownership (Tom and Dick)

Also, be aware that management and the ownership at Lee Johnson think it is perfectly acceptable for their employees to reach in your vehicle and take out with force anything they want from your vehicle whenever they want.

Be prepared for "puffy chest" customer service if you need help and may need the help of the police to resolve basic customer service problems.

CT
Christopher T.
Bellevue, WA
05/15/2017
Another Great Experience!
Another Awesome Experience at Lee Johnson Mazda lead by Angelo and his team. I didn't purchase my first Mazda from them but because their service department was so outstanding with my original car, the decision to purchase my next Mazda from Lee Johnson was guaranteed. Angelo was quick to reach out to me by phone and email after I inquired and we were in and out of the dealership within a few hours! Thanks to everyone for the great experience once again!
Tracie S. from Lee Johnson Auto Family responded on 05/15/2017

Thank you for allowing us to earn your business, Christopher. We're very happy to hear you had such a great experience, and we appreciate you letting us know. Congratulations!

Douglas B.
Eatonville, WA
04/20/2017
Lee Johnson Chevrolet
My sister and her husband bought a Blazer from you, I worked in Redmond and saw it on your lot. My sister husband was away over seas in the Navy so I helped her. She payed cash, around 10,000. Her money came from her bank in Florida, It took 4 day to transfer the money. I picked up the car on my way home from work. I stop to pick up the car up because my sister got a call from the sales rep. And said it was ready to go. They were waiting for the funds to arrive. I pick it up and thats when the manager from the service Dept. He said he was in charge because the Gen. Manager was on vacation. And for some reason he thought we were ripping you off. He said if I was he would hunt me down and break both my legs. The only reason I took the car was my sister loved it. Now every time I see your add. On TV I think of that. I will never buy a vehicle from you. Is been 25 years but I still remember and tell all my friends.

Jade S.
Woodinville, WA
03/24/2017
First Timer
My car broke down a few weeks ago so I decided to try and find a new car.
I decided to go here and see what I could afford.
Richard hooked me up with a sweet 2015 Honda Civic that had only 13,000 miles on it for $330/mo (Including gap insurance)
Pretty happy!! Much appreciation!!
Tracie S. from Lee Johnson Auto Family responded on 03/27/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review, Jade. We appreciate having the opportunity to earn your business, and we're glad to hear everything went well. Congratulations!

MO
Mikala O.
Federal Way, WA
02/08/2017
This was my first real experience purchasing a vehicle for myself and working with Michael Hourigan made the process fun and much less stressful than I imagined.
Tracie S. from Lee Johnson Auto Family responded on 02/09/2017

Thank you for leaving us such a great review, Mikala. We truly value your business, and this is so nice to hear. Congratulations on your new car!

GH
G H.
Sammamish, WA
01/29/2017
Lee Johnson Kia Bad Experience
This was our second time in Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland and we were ready to lease a 2016 Kia Sedona with the Essentials package for our growing family, two boys and another on the way. Unfortunately it was our worst ever experience leasing or buying a car for that matter. We sat with Manager Brian Walter to go over final lease pricing options including reducing our annual miles from 12k to 10k. We expected this to increase our residual from $14,500 to $16,375 thereby reducing our monthly payment. Now, we didn't just make up $16,375. We have previous emails and voicemails from Brian and salesman, Lucian, saying $16,375 was the residual at $10k miles for this car. But, when we were ready to sign they changed their tune, saying the residual was only $14,900 resulting in a much higher monthly payment. In retrospect, we think maybe they were looking at the residual of the 2017 instead of the 2016 despite what they continually told us. Mistakes happen. But, here's how the manager and General Manager of a major Northwest dealership should handle the situation:

1) Acknowledge the multiple miscommunications on the residual and genuinely apologize for them rather than being dismissive.

2) Do not try to pass off the miscommunication with repeated lies:

- "The $16,375 residual was part of a lease offer that expired 12/1 and now its $14,900." - We know residual values are set by Kia and not dependent on a sale. Furthermore, Brian and team again told us multiple times in late January, well after the supposed 12/1 expiration, that the residual at 10k miles was $16,375.

- "Oh, the residual has no effect on your monthly payment." - we've leased before, we know it has a direct effect.

2) Do not accuse the customer of being a bully, inevitably escalating the situation. SERIOUSLY low class here. This was Brian's mistake and his solution was to blame the customer. Classy move.

3) Make good for the mistake by honoring the $16,375 residual or...something! We appreciate GSM Kenny Jakel calling us as we left to "apologize," but, don't repeat Brian's claims that residual has no impact on monthly payment or hide behind the "I'm sorry we're not perfect" defense. You're a General Sales Manager: propose a solution...any solution.

Brian and team made our decision to not do business with Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland an extremely easy one. We packed up our two young boys, traveled to Kia Auburn and leased the same car, same day with a dealership that knows how to treat the customer like they're number one. Mistakes happen but actual people skills go a long way toward overcoming them.

FG
Francis G.
Redmond, WA
01/17/2017
Amazing customer service
My wife and I found ourselves in Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland last week after an unfortunate accident that led us to look to lease a car. We did our research and read reviews of the optimal car we would lease for our family budget.
My wife and I were blown away by the reciprocal knowledge and affability of both Jake Havens and Braulio Arias who assisted us.
We arrived narrowing our search to two cars and Jake Havens, who had been in email correspondence with my wife, knew our names and why we were there. He wasted no time offering both his down to earth customer service and his knowledge of the vehicles. (We ended up leasing a 2016 Kia Optima).

While Jake was assisting us, Braulio Arias assisted Jake and us as well and together we made the right purchase. Braulio had the same down to earth demeanor and frank joviality as he listened and presented our options.

Together both Jake and Braulio were a team and communicated in a way that was in no way disingenuous, misleading, or off subject. It's by far the best experience I've had at a car dealership. You can tell the sales associates are looking after you as you're their family.

That's refreshing. We look forward to contiuning our business relationship with them and highly recommend Lee Johnson Auto Family in Kirkland, Wa for all your needs.
Tracie S. from Lee Johnson Auto Family responded on 01/17/2017

Hi Francis. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We truly value your business, and this is so nice to hear. Congratulations on your new Kia Optima!

Roselle H.
01/14/2017
New Car Purchase
Just bought the CX-5. William Clowney was my sales associate. William did a great job getting me everything I wanted and making sure I was totally satisfied. I've had my car for a week now and I'm loving it! Thanks William!!
Tracie S. from Lee Johnson Auto Family responded on 01/18/2017

Hi Roselle. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such wonderful feedback. We truly value your business, and we're so glad to hear you're enjoying your new car. Congratulations!