Latest Review about 1 month ago

JJ
Jesse J.
03/13/2016 Category: Service
Jesse said the business did good work.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Thank you Jesse, we are happy to assist keeping your vehicle on the road for your vending business. It has been a pleasure working with you and your family throughout the years.

BL
Barney L.
03/13/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Barney's wife. She said they are long time customers of this business and receive good service. She has no complaints.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Thank you Irene for the kind words and it has been a pleasure having you two as great long time customers and friends.

GC
GEORGE C.
Chevrolet Pickup
03/12/2016
Friendly, courteous, pleasant to work with, go the extra mile.
Ed, Tanya, Neil and the rest of the staff and techs get the job done and done right every time.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Thank you George and hope that you have safe travels during the summer.

BA
BOB A.
03/11/2016
Lex's shop is easy to get to!
The people there are great to work with, and everything they do for you is done right! I'll be back when I need work done again!!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. You have such a beautiful mustang and we are happy to assist you with any of your vehicle needs in the future.

KP
KATHY P.
03/11/2016
service
Was hesitant to have vehicle taken to a new mechanic. However, my experience was wonderful. The service was done in an extremely timely manner..getting my car back to me by the end of the day. They also tried to save money on the bill. I was quoted one figure, and they said it was actually done for less than what was quoted. I would refer a friend or neighbor to this facility. We just moved here from Michigan where we had a mechanic that took care of us and our cars for over 15 years. It is hard to find people that still care and are customer friendly.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Kathy, thank you for the review and we hope to exceed your expectations each visit. We just celebrated our 20yr anniv. in business and hope to see you part  of our family here in Palmetto.

KH
KEN H.
03/09/2016
In a bind they came to my rescue
My first time with Lex's. Will not be my last. They were courteous and kind and very informative to my vehicles issues. They had quite a puzzle to unravel, and in a short time they conquered the mess they had before them. I felt like family but only met a week ago. ( There are no strangers here but old friends who have not met) I thank them very much! ?
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

It was a pleasure getting your truck back on the road again. Thank you for the kind words and the picture you drew of our shop - Very Cool. "This man can draw"

Michael G.
03/09/2016 Category: Service
Michael said they always do a great job.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/14/2016

Thank you for the 5 star positive review. I am glad to hear that we are able to provide you great service with each visit.

BC
BOB C.
Chevrolet SSR
03/05/2016
Friendly people
So far so good
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/07/2016

Thank you for your 5 star review and it was a pleasure looking at this beautiful Chevy SSR.

EM
Evan M.
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Evan said this business provided good service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

We are happy to see you still driving your well maintained Honda with 245,000 miles on it. Have a great summer.

Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

James B.
03/05/2016 Category: Service
James said he is very happy with the business.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/14/2016

Glad you stopped by and had a great experience with Lex's Automotive - Hope to see you for your next service when due.

Tanya Lex   (941)723-0806

Kenneth M.
Chrysler 300
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Bernadine. She said this business provided good service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/29/2016

Glad everything checked out with your A/C system and did not require any repairs.  Enjoy your cool summer.

David D.
Bradenton, FL
03/03/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Chris. She said her experience was okay with the business. They did not do anything wrong, but they did not do anything great. They told her what happened with the vehicle, it was totaled.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/07/2016

I am not sure if Chris was told the whole story but the customer said their child (driving Grandma's car) hydroplaned & went off road with vehicle, then restarted car & drove until it shut off and would not restart. We found the impact tore the bottom of the radiator and bent the left front steering knuckle and strut. We were unable to check integrity of the engine since it will not hold any water in the coolant system and advised that the extreme overheat is what shut the engine off and possibly caused engine damage. First step would be to install new radiator then test engine. Customer did not approve any repair and asked for it to be towed away for salvage.  We made several calls and had car towed out.
Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

MIKE H.
Saturn Aura
02/28/2016
Missed Transmission problem and high priced oil change.
Brought car in a couple weeks prior for other services. Strange engine noise was not addressed when a significant amount of work was done on vehicle at that time. I was called by shop and asked to bring it back so they could check it out.
Brought it back in with an additional request for an oil change, which seemed expensive compared to dealers shops. Informed there is now a transmission problem which was not earlier identified and with the same noise that was exhibited at earlier service call.
Estimated repairs are High costs. This condition was evident when I had car in previously and it would have been nice to have had it addressed earlier.
I'm not sure I could recommend or not at this time, so have to click No for recommend.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/10/2016

Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed and want to review the order of events to make sure we’re on the same page. You initially brought your vehicle in on January 6th with only a rough running complaint. We diagnosed your concern and determined your vehicle was in desperate need of spark plugs, ignition wires, and an air induction service to clean carbon build-up in the engine.

In an effort to provide superior service, we visually inspected your vehicle for any other issues you should be aware of. We found your fluids overdue for service, a coolant leak as the system was low and a bubble in the sidewall on the right front tire due to something impacting the tire (pothole or curb most likely). Based on the age and mileage of the vehicle, and the issues this transaxle has, we recommended not servicing the transaxle because we felt it could cause more harm than good.We did recommend servicing the other 2 fluids and did not note any evident noises. Spotting the two issues we did address saved you from overheating your engine and having a tire blow out while driving. We replaced the coolant elbow and replaced two tires as per our estimate. When we finished with the work, we road tested the vehicle and it ran great!

I thought everything was going great until I got a notification of your review on January 23rd which is the first time I heard anything about a belt noise. I called you and we spoke that you were going to bring it back the following week. On February 24th the vehicle was brought in and we looked into the noise, we found it coming from inside the transaxle which would require rebuilding or replacing the unit which you declined further work at this time. While we hated giving you the bad news, we are always honest and want to help you with any options that are available. If you’re going to keep the vehicle, you’ll need a transaxle. If you’re thinking of replacing the vehicle, now is a great time.

RP
RON P.
02/28/2016
Quick and honest
Quick response
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/29/2016

Thank you Ron. So glad we have met or exceeded your service expectations. Thank you for your business.

CJ
CARLOS J.
Mazda MPV
02/24/2016
Neil and the staff took great care of my car. They came up with a diagnostic and an estimate within an hour of dropping the car without appointment. Work was completed within a couple of hours and I was really thankful that they took the time to inspect the vehicle.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2016

We are glad you had a good experience with our friendly & knowledgable staff. We are here to assist with all your vehicle needs and strive to make each visit just as pleasurable.