TC
TERRY C.
Nissan Quest
02/12/2016
2008 Nissan window fix
After more research on the Nissan OEM parts, I paid $155 more than the MSRP. If I went to a Nissan dealer I don't think I would have paid more than the MSRP. The shop supplies of $25 was not addressed by Lex's. Although I know some shops charge a % for supplies, I feel $25 was high. I feel a shop supply charge is the cost of doing business and just another way of gouging the customer.

02/12/2016
window motor & regulator replaced on 2008 Nissan Quest
The other day my total bill for this job was $878 which included an oil change. I was charged $445 for the motor and $199 for regulator. When I later searched the web on various auto parts suppliers the motor (new) was $90-115 and the regulator (new) was approx. $70. I was also charged $25 for shop supplies. Obviously I was extremely disappointed, as Lex's was recommended by a friend. I guess I should have done my research before the estimate but when I was told it would cost $80 to put the door panel back on, I decided to go ahead. I ask you, do you think I was treated fairly?
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2016

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Each and every one helps us to become a better company. Based on the information you have I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do. You're absolutely right, there are cheaper part options out there. As we both know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. While these parts are cheaper, there's a reason for that and the end result is a repair that doesn't last. (the parts you googled were incorrect & didn’t have internal sensors or dual track) The decision we made when we started our business is to provide the very best value we can which means sometimes the repair has an initial higher price but a lower overall cost. And with this part quality, we can provide a 24 Month/24,000 Mile No Hassle Parts & Labor Warranty which is the best in the area. The one thing we did take from your review is to be clearer on any possible diagnostic charges before any work is started.

Tanya, thank you for your response. I checked the other day on a Nissan OEM parts site and the motor was approx $340 MSRP and the regulator $150. If that is what you paid for the parts then I agree that your markup is reasonable. I don't think there was any misinformation that Neil gave me. I just hadn't mentioned the oil change. Again, thank you for your detailed response and addressing my initial issues. Terry C.

CHERYL C.
Bradenton, FL
Honda Accord
12/27/2015
re visited bad review , 100% accountability
I am happy to report that this company read my review and offered me 100% back on the engine block fee that was misdiagnoised. I very much appreciated their follow up and integrity to correct a big mistake.

12/27/2015
you gave me incorrect advice
My car was given a block test and failed. I was told it would be $4,000 or better yet get a new car. However you can't test a block with a bad radiator my radiator needed to be replaced which I learned later. Guess what my car was fine. Went to third mechanic -Honda car expert. Was told a few critical things..like timing belt..to replace and car good for 5 years- no problem. LEX's folks are pleasant, but the car evaluation was totally inaccurate and emotionally devasting until the facts were made clear elsewhere. I will not return to Lex!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/08/2016

Cheryl came in today and we discussed her vehicle, we refunded her diagnosis charge and ended with a hand shake and a smile. Thank you for your follow up.

Lincoln Town Car
10/26/2018
Ugh!
I've had decent interactions w/ Lex's in the past (that's why a 2-Star) - NOT this last time. Brought car in - felt like it had a slight skip... and the AC wasn't pushing as much cold air as I thought it should.

They did their big diagnostic... topped off AC and said the skip was because the transmission had too much fluid and it was the "wrong color". So... they topped off AC - said I should replace compressor at some point ($450-500 estimate), drained/refilled Transmission twice and handed me a bill for $450.

Next day - it car was skipping worse than when I dropped it off. They took it in - called me back and said I needed a new transmission (only $3,500)... I asked if there was going to be any refund/adjustment for the $450.... They said no - all work they charged for was done. No mention of discounting new transmission or AC compressor if I did the work.

I did declined. Took car to another repair shop - they confirmed transmission problem (rebuilt for $2,300)... didn't see problem w/ AC... and ran another diagnostic (didn't charge as a separate line item).

Disappointed - I understand things happen... but for me... I can't trust Lex's for honest/fair work going forward.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your last visit. You are important to us and work very hard to earn your continued trust.
We recommended performing the transmission fluid service first to see if it would improve the 3/4 gear shudder based on the poor condition of the fluid before incurring the cost of the transmission replacement. It was explained to you that we could not guarantee an improvement.  When the service didn't make a difference, we provided an estimate for replacing the transmission with a remanufactured transmission which provides a 36month /100,000 mile warranty while most local rebuilt units only offer a 12 month/ 12,000mi. warranty.  It is understood that the vehicle is still driveable and the transmission does not need to be replaced immediately.
I'd love an opportunity to talk to you about this to see if we can help you with this if you have not had the unit rebuilt already.
Sincerely, Tanya Lex (941)723-0806 x3

ZP
Zach P.
07/19/2018 Category: Service
Zach said he didn't like the job they did on his alignment,.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/20/2018

Your Silverado alignment was definitely a chore to correct with the 7" suspension lift & offset wheels you just installed. We apologize that we had to make corrections to re center the steering wheel but thought you understood why the truck still has a drift/pull. The offset on the wheels cause the vehicle to drift and that we did make compensations to the alignment in order to help minimize it.  The best way is to have the original wheels on the truck after the lift was installed and you could see that the vehicle drove straight before installing the offset wheels that will cause a drift. Although with any suspension lift you will also change the driving and turning conditions of the vehicle too. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Tanya Lex   (941)723-0806

Morris S.
Nissan Rogue
07/30/2017 Category: Service
Morris said the service this business provided him with was fine but their price was outrageous. He has never been charged $85 for an oil change. He will not be back and would not recommend them.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/07/2017

We apologize your visit did not meet your expectations.   We strive to please our customers and make them aware of every step during repairs along with estimates.  Your visit was a simple service and we did advised you of pricing for services before we began working on your vehicle. Unfortunately synthetic oil can be pricey along with some newer vehicles that have oil filters that are less accessible. We do have vouchers for a $15.00 rebate on the Kendall oil or online at BackatChaRebate.com if you didn't recieve one.  Once again, we apologize that the price did not meet your expectations and hope to earn your business again in the near future.

MIKE H.
Saturn Aura
02/28/2016
Missed Transmission problem and high priced oil change.
Brought car in a couple weeks prior for other services. Strange engine noise was not addressed when a significant amount of work was done on vehicle at that time. I was called by shop and asked to bring it back so they could check it out.
Brought it back in with an additional request for an oil change, which seemed expensive compared to dealers shops. Informed there is now a transmission problem which was not earlier identified and with the same noise that was exhibited at earlier service call.
Estimated repairs are High costs. This condition was evident when I had car in previously and it would have been nice to have had it addressed earlier.
I'm not sure I could recommend or not at this time, so have to click No for recommend.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/10/2016

Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed and want to review the order of events to make sure we’re on the same page. You initially brought your vehicle in on January 6th with only a rough running complaint. We diagnosed your concern and determined your vehicle was in desperate need of spark plugs, ignition wires, and an air induction service to clean carbon build-up in the engine.

In an effort to provide superior service, we visually inspected your vehicle for any other issues you should be aware of. We found your fluids overdue for service, a coolant leak as the system was low and a bubble in the sidewall on the right front tire due to something impacting the tire (pothole or curb most likely). Based on the age and mileage of the vehicle, and the issues this transaxle has, we recommended not servicing the transaxle because we felt it could cause more harm than good.We did recommend servicing the other 2 fluids and did not note any evident noises. Spotting the two issues we did address saved you from overheating your engine and having a tire blow out while driving. We replaced the coolant elbow and replaced two tires as per our estimate. When we finished with the work, we road tested the vehicle and it ran great!

I thought everything was going great until I got a notification of your review on January 23rd which is the first time I heard anything about a belt noise. I called you and we spoke that you were going to bring it back the following week. On February 24th the vehicle was brought in and we looked into the noise, we found it coming from inside the transaxle which would require rebuilding or replacing the unit which you declined further work at this time. While we hated giving you the bad news, we are always honest and want to help you with any options that are available. If you’re going to keep the vehicle, you’ll need a transaxle. If you’re thinking of replacing the vehicle, now is a great time.

Jim K.
Cadillac Escalade EXT
09/13/2019 Category: Service
Jim said he is bringing it back. This staff told him the transmission was leaking but another facility told him it was the engine oil filter. The vehicle is still doing the same thing, the rear brakes are still hanging up. He has been going to this place for years and has recommended it.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 09/20/2019

Vehicle was brought back on Friday and determined that the transmission is still leaking and the symptom is from the transmission not engaging properly and not the brakes grabbing.  Was able to show Jim the leak after removing the inspection cover of the transmission.  Customer is returning vehicle to where the transmission was rebuilt recently.  We appreciate letting us have the opportunity to re inspect and confirm the problem.  Please keep in touch with the outcome.  Thank you.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Sandra M.
Ellenton, FL
Dodge Durango
03/09/2018 Category: Service
Sandra said the check engine light is back on in her vehicle. She said she was not sure if she will be taking it back to the business.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/12/2018

Below is what was found during your visit for an engine light & oil leak.  It should have been explained that we cleared the code and that emissions leaks will not cause any drivability problems. If the same code has returned we will need to further diagnosis and perform a leak test of the complete system. Small emission leaks are harder to find & sometimes the testing is inconclusive so we rather wait to see if the code will actually return before running further testing which runs $160.00.  We are very sorry you feel that you may not be returning as a customer based on this visit. Please call with any questions or concerns about your vehicle.
Invoice # 50772
SCANNED COMPUTER & PULLED DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0456--VERY SMALL EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM LEAK. PERFORMED PRELIMINARY TESTING. CLEARED CODE. DID NOT RETURN ON TEST DRIVE.  CLEANED OFF ENGINE WHERE OIL HAD LEAKED FROM AN OIL DRAIN PLUG NOT PROPERLY TIGHTENED, NO OIL LEAKS FOUND AT THIS TIME.

Tanya Lex, Mang.

TR
Troy R.
07/14/2016 Category: Service
Troy said this business did not check his engine when his engine light was on. Everything else was awesome.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/21/2016

Thank you for the review.  Troy, we do not scan computers to diagnosis engine lights unless instructed by the customer as it would incur a diagnostic fee.  The vehicles appointment was for a A/C and oil leak check.  We did note on the invoice that the light was on. Thank you for your business.

Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/21/2016

As I looked at you invoice from last week I see we need to recheck for oil leaks as we degreased the engine & added dye. When we look for the oil leak we could diagnosis your engine light if you would like at the same time.  Please call to arrange an appointment at your convenience.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

VA
Vincente A.
05/16/2020 Category: Service
Vincente said he would recommend this business for service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 06/01/2020

Thank you Vincente for taking the time to leave a review.   Your referrals to friends and family are greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

CJ
Curtis J.
Pontiac G6
01/03/2020 Category: Service
Curtis said the service is good. This is his third time at this business. He had no problems with this business. He is satisfied.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/06/2020

Curtis, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Keeping our customers satisfied and their vehicles running smoothly is always our top priority.   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Cameron S.
Ellenton, FL
Chrysler Sebring
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Cameron said he wishes his vehicle could have been done a little sooner, but they were inexpensive and did a good job.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/06/2019

Thank you for trusting Lex's Automotive with repairing your Sebring. We thank you for your feedback and appreciate your patience with us diagnosing your electrical issues which takes time. Glad we were able to get you back on the road before the Thanksgiving holiday.  Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

DT
Dion T.
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Dion said they were short with him when he dropped his vehicle off. He said they could have been more welcoming.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and giving us feedback from you visit.  We value your input and addressing it with our staff.  Wiching you and your family a Merry Christmas from Lex's Automotive

KH
Kenneth H.
Mercury Grand Marquis
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Kenneth said he liked the people he met, the information they gave him and the way they fixed it up.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 11/06/2019

Thank you again for your business and allowing Lex's Automotive to service your Grand Marquis. Please let us know what we can do to earn 5 stars next time. Have a great week.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

LW
LORNA W.
08/18/2019
Convience and friendly service.
Lex's does great work. Convient location and friendly service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/23/2019

Thank you Lorna for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicle over the years.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806