JN
JULIE N.
11/19/2019
Disappointed and lack of throughness
I was highly disappointed with the service I received. I came in because the "low tire pressure" light was on and I suspected it was the rear drive-side tire. Rather than checking all tires or even checking the tire that I mentioned, the mechanic patched the rear passenger side tire and sent me on my way. The "low tire pressure" light is still on and now I have to go back to get the actual tire I wanted him to look at looked at. Usually, I'm very happy with my service at Monument St. Auto, but the lack of thoroughness at this visit was very disappointing.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 11/29/2019

Julie, we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time. Our team usually is thorough. We hope you'll give us another try and base our service on how the second visit worked out.

We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z -  Service the way it's meant to be. Thanks again for recommending our Shop. Call us for All your automotive needs.

410-522-3737

Cortze S.
Nissan Maxima
03/05/2019 Category: Service
Cortze said the check engine light is still on after the business serviced his vehicle. He took his vehicle in for a diagnostic and they took care of a rusted gas tank that had a leak. They told him they replaced a sensor, but he is not sure if they really did, since his check engine light is still on.

KL
KRISTIN L.
12/20/2018
You just lost a customer for good
I used to come here all the time for the past 3-4 years. However, the last two times I was highly disappointed and I will not be returning.
My most recent visit I came in for an oil change and a new set of windshield wipers.
When I picked up my car the lady at the desk charged me for the most expensive pair of windshield wiper blades making my total $99. The gentleman at the desk did discount my job to $75 because I did not ask for the rainex brand blades, but then he lied and told me that even with the cheapest pair I would be paying close to that price, which is completely false. A basic pair is about $15-$20 at most and the fact that these people can think they can pull the wool over my eyes just to drum up a few more dollars is completely immoral.
The previous time I went they told me I had an oil leak and they would need me to come back so they could dye the oil and find the leak. Another load of BS, first of all you don’t have to dye oil to find a leak, and secondly if there was an oil leak I would see it on the ground under my car. To further debunk their claim I place a white poster board under my car to catch any signs of leaking and there were none.
All in all I am very dissatisfied that this company would try and take advantage of people especially at this time of year. I will never be back.

TR
Tawanda R.
Chrysler 200
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Tawanda said this business robbed her. She went there for an uber inspection. She found this facility on the uber list. She was quoted $50- $55 for the inspection. They called her back and said the charge will be $70 for the inspection and that her tire was messed up. The total they wanted was $185. She showed them that they were listed on the uber application for inspections. She would never recommend them , they are a big scam. The con artists raised the price, they are out right thieves and did not communicate with her. She did not even know how to get off the property with the tickets they provided. They were very unprofessional. The security guy came over to help her as he seen her standing there with the ticket. He told her they should have told her she was supposed to get the ticket stamped at another building.

June K.
06/01/2018 Category: Service
June said when she couldn't make it by 5 p.m to pick up her vehicle, the staff told her to pick it up at 7 a.m the next day. No one showed up until 8 a.m which was terrible for her. She was also concerned about the parking lot because there was a lot of confusion as to where to leave the vehicle without getting a ticket. A new employee had no keys to the place so he was waiting with her for another employee to show up and open. It was not a very professional business place. However the staff did take care of her vehicle very quickly.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 06/04/2018

Good Morning June,
  I am sorry that you are unhappy with your experience. unfortunatly on that morning, May 25. I personally had to call out at the last minute due to a family medical emergency. Another employee was contacted to open that morning, but due to the timing was unable to arrive until 7:30 am.
 I apoligize for the inconvience and assure you that this is not the norm for our business. I have been here for 15 years and normally arrive @ 6:45 am.
  In the event that you would be willing to give is another try, I am willing to offer you a complimentary car wash for for inconvience.
  We appreciate your business and thank you for your input. As always you can reach me at 410-522-3737 with any questions or concerns.

AP
Aisha P.
Toyota Camry Solara
03/13/2016 Category: Service
Aisha said they did not clean the interior nor the exterior of the vehicle like they were supposed to. She thought it was horrible.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 03/15/2016

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your car wash service. As always if you are not completely satisfied, please call me at 410-522-3737 to schedule to have your vehicle rewashed to your satisfaction at no charge to you.

SD
Seth D.
Honda Accord
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Seth said he was charged $90 to check an engine code reading and later found out he could have done it himelf for $25. He was told it was sophisticated equipment and took sophisticated training. He learned it himself within one hour. He said he feels like he was misled. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Alton B.
Acura MDX
12/12/2013 Category: Service
Alton said his oil light was coming on and he had a diagnostic, which he paid around $80 for. He was told he may need an oil plug switch and that it should take care of the problem. He was charged $89 for the work. The part that was installed didn't solve the issue and now the oil light comes on all the time. He said the person gave him an attitude when he went back and told him the part that was installed didn't solve the problem. He said he now has to take his vehicle to another comparable business, quoted him $280. He would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.

Alexander M.
Maryland
05/17/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Joe. He said because of this business he had to buy a new vehicle. He would not recommend them because he went there for an oil change and no oil was put in the vehicle so the engine was pretty well damaged.

AK
Amir K.
02/22/2013 Category: Service
Amir said the check engine light had turned on in his vehicle. He dropped the vehicle off with the business and was contacted a couple hours later. He was informed the repairs were estimated at $500 for a complete fix. He inquired why the cost was so high and was told there were some problems with the plug wires which needed to be changed. He asked if there was any way to lower cost and was immediately given a quote for $290. Amir stated he started calling around and found another business who offered to diagnose his vehicle and provide an estimate. His vehicle ended up being repaired at the other business for half the price of the second quote this business gave. He was not happy with this business and dissatisfied with the $80 charge for diagnosis. Overall, he was really dissatisfied with this business and the service received. He will not be likely to return to this business. This business is very convenient for him because he works close to them but now he is unsure if he will continue to bring his vehicle here. He would recommend this business to others but only for oil changes.

Colora, MD
03/02/2020
tires
I have had a continuous problem with my tires losing air. I asked that a technician check tire pressure. One of tires had low psi and was not corrected
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 04/06/2020

Thank you for choosing MSAC and taking the time to complete our service review.

We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time around- Thanks again for sharing so that we can correct our procedures.  410-522-3737

GH
Gerald H.
Saturn VUE
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Gerald said he was not happy with his overall experience because the business overcharged him for the timing belt. They charged him $1200 and other places charged $563 and $687. He will not recommend this business for service.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2017

Good Morning Gerald,
  I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience at our shop. I believe there is a misunderstanding. first to set the record straight you did not have a timing belt done at our facility. Therefore you were not charged nor did you pay $1200.00 for a timing belt.
  The only service you had performed at our facility was a diagnosis for your engine misfiring & running rough for $89.95. after you had paid another shop to replace the ignition coils & spark plugs in your engine to supposedly to fix the same problem.
  We diagnosed your vehicle properly & provided you with an estimate for a Timing Belt Replacement along with the Timing Belt Component Kit, which consist of the 2 idler pulleys, tensioner pulley, bracket, & hydraulic tensioner and a water pump. Which anyone worth their salt in this field would strongly recommend for a 15 year old vehicle with over 163,000 miles on it.
 What you need to understand Gerald is that all of these components are driven by your timing belt. Therefore if one of these pulleys,waterpump or tensioner would fail, and given the age & milage on your vehicle is very possible if not probable, you would sustain Major Engine Damage that would total Thousands of Dollars to repair.
  Sure you can get just your timing belt replaced for about $550 to $600. And I will do that for you if that is the way you wish to repair your vehicle.
   You see Gerald the difference between Compentent, Reputable shops, that have the knowledge, experience & ability to not only diagnose your car properly, not just replace ignition coils & spark plugs because of misfire codes, but to repair it in the most effective manner with our customers future in mind. ie: lets just slap a timing belt on it to save a couple of hundred dollars now and roll the dice that we do not end up costing our customer $3000 to $4000 in the very near future.
  I am willing to offer you a 10% discount on the recommended repair to help ease some of your burden and make sure you vehicle is repaired properly with you best interest at heart.

KELLY S.
Mazda 3
02/18/2017
well....
Well, I've been going to Monument St. Auto Center for several years now and have been generally satisfied with the care I and my car receive. Unfortunately twice now when I've had my tires rotated my lug nuts were not properly tightened (not even finger tight) and I was dangerously close to losing a tire (having learned after the first time I have since checked my lugs before getting in the car). Due to the good service I've received in the past and the shear convenience of their location and decent prices, I've continued to use their services and recommended others to them. As this is the second time I've had this issue I'm afraid unfortunately that I can neither continue using their service nor recommend them.

SJ
Steven J.
Mercedes-Benz E500
10/20/2016 Category: Service
Steven said they cost too much and he did not have much work done. They are highly overpriced. A competing business offered the same service for a third of the price.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 10/24/2016

Good Afternoon Stephen,
  I am sorry you are not satisfied with our service. the pricing we gave you for your accident damage to the suspension of your Mercedes was using "NEW PARTS" directly from the Mercedes dealer as there are no aftermarket parts available for your vehicle. As you stated,you were having your vehicle repaired with "USED PARTS" there obviously would be no comparison in cost. It is not our normal practice to repair vehicles with used parts. We could have given you an estimate with used parts if you had expressed your desire to repair your vehicle in that manner. As always we strive to keep repair cost at a minimum and cultivate long term satisfied customers.

Jonathan T.
Honda Insight
09/10/2016 Category: Service
Jonathan said he did not like how they handled things. He stated they were not helpful and did not understand, nor feel any urgency to help him quickly. He was not pleased.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/14/2016