Monument St Auto Center

Gerald H. on 09/22/2017
Gerald said he was not happy with his overall experience because the business overcharged him for the timing belt. They charged him $1200 and other places charged $563 and $687. He will not recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Saturn VUE
Service Date: 09/18/2017
Review Created: 09/22/2017
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2017

Good Morning Gerald,
  I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience at our shop. I believe there is a misunderstanding. first to set the record straight you did not have a timing belt done at our facility. Therefore you were not charged nor did you pay $1200.00 for a timing belt.
  The only service you had performed at our facility was a diagnosis for your engine misfiring & running rough for $89.95. after you had paid another shop to replace the ignition coils & spark plugs in your engine to supposedly to fix the same problem.
  We diagnosed your vehicle properly & provided you with an estimate for a Timing Belt Replacement along with the Timing Belt Component Kit, which consist of the 2 idler pulleys, tensioner pulley, bracket, & hydraulic tensioner and a water pump. Which anyone worth their salt in this field would strongly recommend for a 15 year old vehicle with over 163,000 miles on it.
 What you need to understand Gerald is that all of these components are driven by your timing belt. Therefore if one of these pulleys,waterpump or tensioner would fail, and given the age & milage on your vehicle is very possible if not probable, you would sustain Major Engine Damage that would total Thousands of Dollars to repair.
  Sure you can get just your timing belt replaced for about $550 to $600. And I will do that for you if that is the way you wish to repair your vehicle.
   You see Gerald the difference between Compentent, Reputable shops, that have the knowledge, experience & ability to not only diagnose your car properly, not just replace ignition coils & spark plugs because of misfire codes, but to repair it in the most effective manner with our customers future in mind. ie: lets just slap a timing belt on it to save a couple of hundred dollars now and roll the dice that we do not end up costing our customer $3000 to $4000 in the very near future.
  I am willing to offer you a 10% discount on the recommended repair to help ease some of your burden and make sure you vehicle is repaired properly with you best interest at heart.
  Garry

KELLY S. on 02/18/2017
"well...."
Well, I've been going to Monument St. Auto Center for several years now and have been generally satisfied with the care I and my car receive. Unfortunately twice now when I've had my tires rotated my lug nuts were not properly tightened (not even finger tight) and I was dangerously close to losing a tire (having learned after the first time I have since checked my lugs before getting in the car). Due to the good service I've received in the past and the shear convenience of their location and decent prices, I've continued to use their services and recommended others to them. As this is the second time I've had this issue I'm afraid unfortunately that I can neither continue using their service nor recommend them.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 02/17/2017
Review Created: 02/18/2017 04:37 PM
Steven J. on 10/20/2016
Steven said they cost too much and he did not have much work done. They are highly overpriced. A competing business offered the same service for a third of the price.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E500
Service Date: 10/18/2016
Review Created: 10/20/2016
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 10/24/2016

Good Afternoon Stephen,
  I am sorry you are not satisfied with our service. the pricing we gave you for your accident damage to the suspension of your Mercedes was using "NEW PARTS" directly from the Mercedes dealer as there are no aftermarket parts available for your vehicle. As you stated,you were having your vehicle repaired with "USED PARTS" there obviously would be no comparison in cost. It is not our normal practice to repair vehicles with used parts. We could have given you an estimate with used parts if you had expressed your desire to repair your vehicle in that manner. As always we strive to keep repair cost at a minimum and cultivate long term satisfied customers.

Jonathan T. on 09/10/2016
Jonathan said he did not like how they handled things. He stated they were not helpful and did not understand, nor feel any urgency to help him quickly. He was not pleased.
Vehicle: Honda Insight
Service Date: 08/29/2016
Review Created: 09/10/2016
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/14/2016

Hi Jonathan,
  Please contact me at 410-522-3737 to discuss your issues
     Garry

HEATHER L. on 10/26/2015
"first time there has been a issue"
Normally Its good service. But this time it was not so great. I got a normal oil chance and wash. The cleaned the inside which would have been nice but my floors were soaked and it smelled so bad. It has taken 4 days to air out. On top of paying for a wash you must pay for the rags and soap as well seperate. Will be going somewhere else next time!
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla