Monument St Auto Center

ABNER H. on 10/21/2017
"oil change tire change"
great job on my car able to change my tire ,good deal price .always that suit my budget. thank you Elizabeth .
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 10/17/2017
Review Created: 10/21/2017 06:44 AM
DEBBIE M. on 10/14/2017
"Convenient and courteous service"
Have all my cars serviced here for years
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/14/2017 07:07 PM
Charlie P. on 10/12/2017
Charlie said this business was prompt, quick and friendly. It was great service.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017
WARRACE T. on 10/10/2017
"Excellent wot"
Informed me of pending repairs that should be done
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Review Created: 10/10/2017 11:13 AM
Terrell C. on 10/09/2017
Terrell said the employees were really good to him.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Coupe
Service Date: 10/04/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017
Brian S. on 10/09/2017
Brian said he had a good experience with this business.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 10/04/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017
CAITLIN H. on 09/29/2017
"Great visit as always!"
Took my Mazda 3 in for its 60K service. As usual, they took great care of me and my car. Gary and his team are always communicative and will listen to your concerns.
Vehicle: Mazda Mazda3
Service Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 09/29/2017 06:29 AM
Greg L. on 09/26/2017
Greg said the customer service was great. His vehicle is still pulling to the right after the alignment. He spoke with them about the issue and they were very cooperative.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 09/20/2017
Review Created: 09/26/2017
Dexter L. on 09/26/2017
Spoke with Quentin. He said the business has been working on his vehicles for a while and he would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 09/19/2017
Review Created: 09/26/2017
Gerald H. on 09/22/2017
Gerald said he was not happy with his overall experience because the business overcharged him for the timing belt. They charged him $1200 and other places charged $563 and $687. He will not recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Saturn VUE
Service Date: 09/18/2017
Review Created: 09/22/2017
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2017

Good Morning Gerald,
  I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your experience at our shop. I believe there is a misunderstanding. first to set the record straight you did not have a timing belt done at our facility. Therefore you were not charged nor did you pay $1200.00 for a timing belt.
  The only service you had performed at our facility was a diagnosis for your engine misfiring & running rough for $89.95. after you had paid another shop to replace the ignition coils & spark plugs in your engine to supposedly to fix the same problem.
  We diagnosed your vehicle properly & provided you with an estimate for a Timing Belt Replacement along with the Timing Belt Component Kit, which consist of the 2 idler pulleys, tensioner pulley, bracket, & hydraulic tensioner and a water pump. Which anyone worth their salt in this field would strongly recommend for a 15 year old vehicle with over 163,000 miles on it.
 What you need to understand Gerald is that all of these components are driven by your timing belt. Therefore if one of these pulleys,waterpump or tensioner would fail, and given the age & milage on your vehicle is very possible if not probable, you would sustain Major Engine Damage that would total Thousands of Dollars to repair.
  Sure you can get just your timing belt replaced for about $550 to $600. And I will do that for you if that is the way you wish to repair your vehicle.
   You see Gerald the difference between Compentent, Reputable shops, that have the knowledge, experience & ability to not only diagnose your car properly, not just replace ignition coils & spark plugs because of misfire codes, but to repair it in the most effective manner with our customers future in mind. ie: lets just slap a timing belt on it to save a couple of hundred dollars now and roll the dice that we do not end up costing our customer $3000 to $4000 in the very near future.
  I am willing to offer you a 10% discount on the recommended repair to help ease some of your burden and make sure you vehicle is repaired properly with you best interest at heart.
  Garry

MIKE B. on 09/18/2017
"Convenient and Peace of mind "
Monument St Auto has taken care of my vehicle, quickly, efficiently and honestly every time I take it there. Tires, power steering line, brakes, oil change in one day while I was at work. Great work!
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/18/2017 06:55 AM
John C. on 09/12/2017
John said his overall experience was okay. They were attentive. They notified him of additional issues and gave him the options.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Review Created: 09/12/2017
MONIQUE S. on 09/07/2017
"Pleasant service!"
Needed to get in as I thought I had a small leak in one of my tires. Garry checked out all tires but all turned out to be OK.
No charges for this. Thanks for the service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Volt
Review Created: 09/07/2017 06:10 AM
Michelle Y. on 09/07/2017
Michelle said this business always provides her with really good service. She doesn't take her vehicle anywhere else.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 09/07/2017
TONI W. on 09/06/2017
"Friendly but expensive "
The people were very accommodating in terms of service and paying for the parking ticket and such. However the estimate was very expensive, they quoted me 150 for a part that I was easily able to obtain for 60, and the Labor seemed a bit much for that particular procedure as well, since it would've only taken an hour, yet I was quoted over 300 dollars total. So I may go back for an oil change or something, but way too overpriced for repairs.
Vehicle: Buick Regal
Review Created: 09/06/2017 07:59 PM
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/07/2017

Good morning Toni,
  I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our facility yesterday, and I apologize for that.
  There seems to be some confusion about the pricing for the estimates you recieved. I am reviewing your quote and do not know which part you are referring to or which labor quote as neither labor quote was $300.00?
  To understand what you were quoted for your window was for a power window motor & regulator assembly for $276.80 installed. Yes you can probably find a window regulator only online for probably about $60.00. However when we prepare quotes we do not use cheap aftermarket parts as we stand behind all our repairs for an industry leading 24 months or 24,000 miles. Therfore want want to make sure your repair is high quality & if it does fail it is from a local supplier that we deal with on a regular basis so we can get it taken care of in a timely & hassle free manner. The list price for the window regulator only from general motors is $210.26 making the cost of $123.98 for the motor & regulator assembly a pretty good deal. provided you are not going to have a problem with the window motor anytime in the near future either.which would double the cost of repairing the same window. the labor time we quote is a published expected labor time in labor guide used industrywide.
  We do not claim to be the cheapest repair in the industry, but we are also not one of the most expensive either. We try to give our customers the highest quality for a reasonable cost so that we are both happy & can keep our door open & continue to provide friendly as well as quality service to our customers.
  If there is anything I can do to help you with your vehicles needs or to resolve your concerns please feel free to call me at 410-522-3737.
  As always we appreciate your feedback & will consider it our practices moving foreward
    Garry

Keith H. on 08/31/2017
Keith said they did the job on time and it was fantastic. He was happy with what they did.
Vehicle: Ford Police Interceptor
Service Date: 08/28/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017
SHIRLEY T. on 08/30/2017
"Convenient"
Professional and knowledgeable, very genuine individuals, I enjoy doing business with them!!!!
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017 03:45 PM
Darryl T. on 08/30/2017
Darryl said his overall experience was good.
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty
Service Date: 08/23/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
ABNER H. on 08/28/2017
"oil change "
thank you for your good service to your customer...always inform needs to do fix.
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/28/2017 06:07 AM
Ivory W. on 08/28/2017
Ivory said the service was quick. Everyone was friendly. The price was reasonable.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla