JN
JULIE N.
11/19/2019
Disappointed and lack of throughness
I was highly disappointed with the service I received. I came in because the "low tire pressure" light was on and I suspected it was the rear drive-side tire. Rather than checking all tires or even checking the tire that I mentioned, the mechanic patched the rear passenger side tire and sent me on my way. The "low tire pressure" light is still on and now I have to go back to get the actual tire I wanted him to look at looked at. Usually, I'm very happy with my service at Monument St. Auto, but the lack of thoroughness at this visit was very disappointing.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 11/29/2019

Julie, we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time. Our team usually is thorough. We hope you'll give us another try and base our service on how the second visit worked out.

We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z -  Service the way it's meant to be. Thanks again for recommending our Shop. Call us for All your automotive needs.

410-522-3737

Cortze S.
Nissan Maxima
03/05/2019 Category: Service
Cortze said the check engine light is still on after the business serviced his vehicle. He took his vehicle in for a diagnostic and they took care of a rusted gas tank that had a leak. They told him they replaced a sensor, but he is not sure if they really did, since his check engine light is still on.

KL
KRISTIN L.
12/20/2018
You just lost a customer for good
I used to come here all the time for the past 3-4 years. However, the last two times I was highly disappointed and I will not be returning.
My most recent visit I came in for an oil change and a new set of windshield wipers.
When I picked up my car the lady at the desk charged me for the most expensive pair of windshield wiper blades making my total $99. The gentleman at the desk did discount my job to $75 because I did not ask for the rainex brand blades, but then he lied and told me that even with the cheapest pair I would be paying close to that price, which is completely false. A basic pair is about $15-$20 at most and the fact that these people can think they can pull the wool over my eyes just to drum up a few more dollars is completely immoral.
The previous time I went they told me I had an oil leak and they would need me to come back so they could dye the oil and find the leak. Another load of BS, first of all you don’t have to dye oil to find a leak, and secondly if there was an oil leak I would see it on the ground under my car. To further debunk their claim I place a white poster board under my car to catch any signs of leaking and there were none.
All in all I am very dissatisfied that this company would try and take advantage of people especially at this time of year. I will never be back.

TR
Tawanda R.
Chrysler 200
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Tawanda said this business robbed her. She went there for an uber inspection. She found this facility on the uber list. She was quoted $50- $55 for the inspection. They called her back and said the charge will be $70 for the inspection and that her tire was messed up. The total they wanted was $185. She showed them that they were listed on the uber application for inspections. She would never recommend them , they are a big scam. The con artists raised the price, they are out right thieves and did not communicate with her. She did not even know how to get off the property with the tickets they provided. They were very unprofessional. The security guy came over to help her as he seen her standing there with the ticket. He told her they should have told her she was supposed to get the ticket stamped at another building.

June K.
06/01/2018 Category: Service
June said when she couldn't make it by 5 p.m to pick up her vehicle, the staff told her to pick it up at 7 a.m the next day. No one showed up until 8 a.m which was terrible for her. She was also concerned about the parking lot because there was a lot of confusion as to where to leave the vehicle without getting a ticket. A new employee had no keys to the place so he was waiting with her for another employee to show up and open. It was not a very professional business place. However the staff did take care of her vehicle very quickly.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 06/04/2018

Good Morning June,
  I am sorry that you are unhappy with your experience. unfortunatly on that morning, May 25. I personally had to call out at the last minute due to a family medical emergency. Another employee was contacted to open that morning, but due to the timing was unable to arrive until 7:30 am.
 I apoligize for the inconvience and assure you that this is not the norm for our business. I have been here for 15 years and normally arrive @ 6:45 am.
  In the event that you would be willing to give is another try, I am willing to offer you a complimentary car wash for for inconvience.
  We appreciate your business and thank you for your input. As always you can reach me at 410-522-3737 with any questions or concerns.
   Garry

AP
Aisha P.
Toyota Camry Solara
03/13/2016 Category: Service
Aisha said they did not clean the interior nor the exterior of the vehicle like they were supposed to. She thought it was horrible.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 03/15/2016

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your car wash service. As always if you are not completely satisfied, please call me at 410-522-3737 to schedule to have your vehicle rewashed to your satisfaction at no charge to you.
   Garry

SD
Seth D.
Honda Accord
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Seth said he was charged $90 to check an engine code reading and later found out he could have done it himelf for $25. He was told it was sophisticated equipment and took sophisticated training. He learned it himself within one hour. He said he feels like he was misled. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Alton B.
Acura MDX
12/12/2013 Category: Service
Alton said his oil light was coming on and he had a diagnostic, which he paid around $80 for. He was told he may need an oil plug switch and that it should take care of the problem. He was charged $89 for the work. The part that was installed didn't solve the issue and now the oil light comes on all the time. He said the person gave him an attitude when he went back and told him the part that was installed didn't solve the problem. He said he now has to take his vehicle to another comparable business, quoted him $280. He would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.

Alexander M.
Maryland
05/17/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Joe. He said because of this business he had to buy a new vehicle. He would not recommend them because he went there for an oil change and no oil was put in the vehicle so the engine was pretty well damaged.

AK
Amir K.
02/22/2013 Category: Service
Amir said the check engine light had turned on in his vehicle. He dropped the vehicle off with the business and was contacted a couple hours later. He was informed the repairs were estimated at $500 for a complete fix. He inquired why the cost was so high and was told there were some problems with the plug wires which needed to be changed. He asked if there was any way to lower cost and was immediately given a quote for $290. Amir stated he started calling around and found another business who offered to diagnose his vehicle and provide an estimate. His vehicle ended up being repaired at the other business for half the price of the second quote this business gave. He was not happy with this business and dissatisfied with the $80 charge for diagnosis. Overall, he was really dissatisfied with this business and the service received. He will not be likely to return to this business. This business is very convenient for him because he works close to them but now he is unsure if he will continue to bring his vehicle here. He would recommend this business to others but only for oil changes.