SANDLER B.
Middle River, MD
Acura RDX
06/16/2020
Follow-up on catalytic repair
I was told the oxygen sensor needed to be replaced and that the car’s vibration was due to a bad engine mount. I was also told that the Turbo wastegate actuator arm was the cause of an annoying metal buzz. I spoke with the shop’s partial owner and came to a relatively reasonable cost agreement for the additional repairs. The result I got is a mix bag. The oxygen sensor cleared the whistling at about 60MPH. The engine mount replacement did nothing. I was told additional mounts are in need of replacement. As for the metal buzz, I was told now that it’s the Turbo wastegate Itself that is bad. I initially believed what they told me but this metal buzz happens at idle and the P2263 code that I originally had cleared. There is no Turbo fault code and yet I still have a metal buzz when the turbo isn’t engaged. This doesn’t add up. From what I’ve seen so far, this shop’s troubleshooting skills does not address root cause. They will have you replacing anything they can apparently hang the problem on.

06/16/2020
Poor Service
I took my car to this shop after getting several email requests From Monument St. Auto Service believing that I would get quality service. From the moment they started working on my car there were problems. The first thing they did was damage my wheel lock key. And instead of taking responsibility Gary the shop began to play dumb and stated when I went to pick up my car that my wheel lock key was already damaged. The second issue was the removal of the front end catalytic converters. I called the shop a couple of days earlier and spoke to Gary about the check engine light and emissions inspection failure and their diagnosis a few months earlier that the front end catalytic converter needed replacement. I specifically asked if he needed me to come in for a diagnosis since he had already looked at it and that I had no new Codes. He said no and said he would order the part and let me know when to bring the car in. The appointment was for Friday 12, June. He called back and said that he ordered the part and that to bring the car in. I was at the shop at 9:30 in the morning . The appointment was for 10:00am. The mechanic took 7 hours to remove a bolt. Then they told me that there wasn’t enough room to remove the catalytic converter. The converter was free floating with the oxygen sensor and wires attached. They had cleared no room for the removal of the part. I ended leaving my car there overnight after I had told Gary that this was my only vehicle and that I could not drop it off prior to scheduled appointment. Anyway, on Monday no one called me to give me a status update. So around lunch time I called the shop and left a message for Gary to call me because I needed to know the status of my car. The technician said that Gary was at lunch and he’d call me when he got back. At 1:30PM Gary called for a split second and hung up. He left no voicemail. I immediately called back to know what was going on. He then told me that they put the catalytic converter in but the check engine light was still on because they got a new code for the oxygen sensor. He proceeded to say that he needed to charge me for the oxygen sensor. At that point my confidence level dropped. He refused to take responsibility for that. So I went to the shop to pick up my car. I told him that he hadn’t taken for anything. And before I could leave the parking lot heard a grinding sound that I had to go back into the shop. At that point there were to many incidents. So Gary took the car in and told me that the grind was from the car’s steering angle and corrected it. Embarrassed he wanted to replace the $30 wheel lock key but not the pricey oxygen sensor. But that’s not the end of the story. I checked the onboard computer and had five(5) new Codes that day. And, my no longer drives the way it normally does after leaving Monument St. Auto Service. I have a weird whistle above 60MPH from the engine bay. I called and told the shop about it all. I have to go back to this place that I have very little confidence in to have them just put my car back to where it was before they touched it.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 07/13/2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns. Our goal is to perform great service every time. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time around...but do hope that you would give us another try.

We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Since 2002
Call us for All your automotive needs 410-522-3737

JN
JULIE N.
11/19/2019
Disappointed and lack of throughness
I was highly disappointed with the service I received. I came in because the "low tire pressure" light was on and I suspected it was the rear drive-side tire. Rather than checking all tires or even checking the tire that I mentioned, the mechanic patched the rear passenger side tire and sent me on my way. The "low tire pressure" light is still on and now I have to go back to get the actual tire I wanted him to look at looked at. Usually, I'm very happy with my service at Monument St. Auto, but the lack of thoroughness at this visit was very disappointing.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 11/29/2019

Julie, we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time. Our team usually is thorough. We hope you'll give us another try and base our service on how the second visit worked out.

We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z -  Service the way it's meant to be. Thanks again for recommending our Shop. Call us for All your automotive needs.

410-522-3737

Cortze S.
Nissan Maxima
03/05/2019 Category: Service
Cortze said the check engine light is still on after the business serviced his vehicle. He took his vehicle in for a diagnostic and they took care of a rusted gas tank that had a leak. They told him they replaced a sensor, but he is not sure if they really did, since his check engine light is still on.

KL
KRISTIN L.
12/20/2018
You just lost a customer for good
I used to come here all the time for the past 3-4 years. However, the last two times I was highly disappointed and I will not be returning.
My most recent visit I came in for an oil change and a new set of windshield wipers.
When I picked up my car the lady at the desk charged me for the most expensive pair of windshield wiper blades making my total $99. The gentleman at the desk did discount my job to $75 because I did not ask for the rainex brand blades, but then he lied and told me that even with the cheapest pair I would be paying close to that price, which is completely false. A basic pair is about $15-$20 at most and the fact that these people can think they can pull the wool over my eyes just to drum up a few more dollars is completely immoral.
The previous time I went they told me I had an oil leak and they would need me to come back so they could dye the oil and find the leak. Another load of BS, first of all you don’t have to dye oil to find a leak, and secondly if there was an oil leak I would see it on the ground under my car. To further debunk their claim I place a white poster board under my car to catch any signs of leaking and there were none.
All in all I am very dissatisfied that this company would try and take advantage of people especially at this time of year. I will never be back.

TR
Tawanda R.
Chrysler 200
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Tawanda said this business robbed her. She went there for an uber inspection. She found this facility on the uber list. She was quoted $50- $55 for the inspection. They called her back and said the charge will be $70 for the inspection and that her tire was messed up. The total they wanted was $185. She showed them that they were listed on the uber application for inspections. She would never recommend them , they are a big scam. The con artists raised the price, they are out right thieves and did not communicate with her. She did not even know how to get off the property with the tickets they provided. They were very unprofessional. The security guy came over to help her as he seen her standing there with the ticket. He told her they should have told her she was supposed to get the ticket stamped at another building.

June K.
06/01/2018 Category: Service
June said when she couldn't make it by 5 p.m to pick up her vehicle, the staff told her to pick it up at 7 a.m the next day. No one showed up until 8 a.m which was terrible for her. She was also concerned about the parking lot because there was a lot of confusion as to where to leave the vehicle without getting a ticket. A new employee had no keys to the place so he was waiting with her for another employee to show up and open. It was not a very professional business place. However the staff did take care of her vehicle very quickly.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 06/04/2018

Good Morning June,
  I am sorry that you are unhappy with your experience. unfortunatly on that morning, May 25. I personally had to call out at the last minute due to a family medical emergency. Another employee was contacted to open that morning, but due to the timing was unable to arrive until 7:30 am.
 I apoligize for the inconvience and assure you that this is not the norm for our business. I have been here for 15 years and normally arrive @ 6:45 am.
  In the event that you would be willing to give is another try, I am willing to offer you a complimentary car wash for for inconvience.
  We appreciate your business and thank you for your input. As always you can reach me at 410-522-3737 with any questions or concerns.
   Garry

AP
Aisha P.
Toyota Camry Solara
03/13/2016 Category: Service
Aisha said they did not clean the interior nor the exterior of the vehicle like they were supposed to. She thought it was horrible.
Garry C., MANAGER from Monument St Auto Center responded on 03/15/2016

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your car wash service. As always if you are not completely satisfied, please call me at 410-522-3737 to schedule to have your vehicle rewashed to your satisfaction at no charge to you.
   Garry

SD
Seth D.
Honda Accord
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Seth said he was charged $90 to check an engine code reading and later found out he could have done it himelf for $25. He was told it was sophisticated equipment and took sophisticated training. He learned it himself within one hour. He said he feels like he was misled. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Alton B.
Acura MDX
12/12/2013 Category: Service
Alton said his oil light was coming on and he had a diagnostic, which he paid around $80 for. He was told he may need an oil plug switch and that it should take care of the problem. He was charged $89 for the work. The part that was installed didn't solve the issue and now the oil light comes on all the time. He said the person gave him an attitude when he went back and told him the part that was installed didn't solve the problem. He said he now has to take his vehicle to another comparable business, quoted him $280. He would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.

Alexander M.
Maryland
05/17/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Joe. He said because of this business he had to buy a new vehicle. He would not recommend them because he went there for an oil change and no oil was put in the vehicle so the engine was pretty well damaged.

AK
Amir K.
02/22/2013 Category: Service
Amir said the check engine light had turned on in his vehicle. He dropped the vehicle off with the business and was contacted a couple hours later. He was informed the repairs were estimated at $500 for a complete fix. He inquired why the cost was so high and was told there were some problems with the plug wires which needed to be changed. He asked if there was any way to lower cost and was immediately given a quote for $290. Amir stated he started calling around and found another business who offered to diagnose his vehicle and provide an estimate. His vehicle ended up being repaired at the other business for half the price of the second quote this business gave. He was not happy with this business and dissatisfied with the $80 charge for diagnosis. Overall, he was really dissatisfied with this business and the service received. He will not be likely to return to this business. This business is very convenient for him because he works close to them but now he is unsure if he will continue to bring his vehicle here. He would recommend this business to others but only for oil changes.