Monument St Auto Center

TONI W. on 09/06/2017
"Friendly but expensive "
The people were very accommodating in terms of service and paying for the parking ticket and such. However the estimate was very expensive, they quoted me 150 for a part that I was easily able to obtain for 60, and the Labor seemed a bit much for that particular procedure as well, since it would've only taken an hour, yet I was quoted over 300 dollars total. So I may go back for an oil change or something, but way too overpriced for repairs.
Vehicle: Buick Regal
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/06/2017 07:59 PM
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/07/2017

Good morning Toni,
  I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our facility yesterday, and I apologize for that.
  There seems to be some confusion about the pricing for the estimates you recieved. I am reviewing your quote and do not know which part you are referring to or which labor quote as neither labor quote was $300.00?
  To understand what you were quoted for your window was for a power window motor & regulator assembly for $276.80 installed. Yes you can probably find a window regulator only online for probably about $60.00. However when we prepare quotes we do not use cheap aftermarket parts as we stand behind all our repairs for an industry leading 24 months or 24,000 miles. Therfore want want to make sure your repair is high quality & if it does fail it is from a local supplier that we deal with on a regular basis so we can get it taken care of in a timely & hassle free manner. The list price for the window regulator only from general motors is $210.26 making the cost of $123.98 for the motor & regulator assembly a pretty good deal. provided you are not going to have a problem with the window motor anytime in the near future either.which would double the cost of repairing the same window. the labor time we quote is a published expected labor time in labor guide used industrywide.
  We do not claim to be the cheapest repair in the industry, but we are also not one of the most expensive either. We try to give our customers the highest quality for a reasonable cost so that we are both happy & can keep our door open & continue to provide friendly as well as quality service to our customers.
  If there is anything I can do to help you with your vehicles needs or to resolve your concerns please feel free to call me at 410-522-3737.
  As always we appreciate your feedback & will consider it our practices moving foreward

Deshawn P. on 07/25/2017
Deshawn said when he tried to leave this business' parking lot, he was not told he needed his receipt. He had a tire changed and now his vehicle is making a noise.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 07/27/2017

Good Morning Deshawn,
  I am sorry you are not completely satisfied with your experience. I would ask you to bring the truck by to check the noise you are hearing to determine the cause of the noise. As all the work we did was install a used tire that you supplied on a 15 year old vehicle.
  As we are on Johns Hopkins Property it is required by the parking facility that you have your invoice for free parking. I apologize if you were not informed of this procedure properly.
  As always, I am looking foreward to hearing from you to resolve any issues you may have with our service

Miles M. on 06/14/2017
Miles said he saw a sign for an oil change and car wash package deal at the business. He told them he wanted the car wash three times. He was disappointed that they did not do it, but he was not charged for it.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 06/08/2017
Review Created: 06/14/2017
Gregory N. on 05/16/2017
Gregory said they didn't replace all of the fluids that were needed. They only put a gallon in the radiator, and they did not rotate his tires.
Vehicle: Buick Park Avenue
Service Date: 04/14/2017
Review Created: 05/16/2017
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 05/17/2017

Good Morning Mr Nichols,
  I see it has been a month since you were in for service. What fluids were not filled properly? is it possible there is a leak somewhere? Please give me a call today so we are able to resolve any issues with our service. 410-522-3737

KAREN G. on 04/25/2017
"leaking tire"
After getting my tire leak fixed, the tire pressure light was still on. Thought it would go out after 5 min. which it didn't. When I got home I still had to check the air pressure in all my tires. All were low even after being rotated. Even the one that just got fixed only had 10 psi in it. After paying to have this fixed I shouldn't have to do this myself. I will keep an eye on that tire to make sure it is fixed.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 04/24/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017 03:38 AM
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 04/26/2017

Good morning Karen,
  Thank you for making me aware of this issue. I apologize for the inconvience. I assure you that I will handle this problem internally & if your tire continues to lose air please do not hesitate to let me know so we can correct the problem asap.
  As all of our customers are extremly important to us, especially those who have been doing business with us as long as you, we take this issue very seriously and hope we can continue to have a mutually beneficial business relationship for many years to come.

VONDA C. on 09/23/2016
"Great Service as Usual "
The service is always great. However, I couldn't find my car after having the service. I think if you have your car serviced, there should be parking or better indication of where the car is beside look in the left lot. Giving 3 stars today because I looked for my car for 10 minutes.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 09/22/2016
Review Created: 09/23/2016 05:19 AM
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/23/2016

Good Morning Vonda,
  Thank You for your input. I am sorry you had so much trouble locating your car yesterday. As you know we are located inside of the Johns Hopkins Monument Street Parking Facility. Unfortunatly the area that your car was parked in is the area they have designated for the auto center parking.
  As there are usually many vehicles on the lot I understand it can be difficult to find a vehicle sometimes, and believe me we deal with these very issues on a daily basis locating the vehicles that are dropped off for service.In the future we would be happy to bring the car down from the lot for you so you do not have to search for it.
  As all of our customers are very important to us please accept my apology & I hope we can continue a strong relationship for years to come.

STARLENE M. on 05/05/2016
"Service done this week"
I found the advertise for service in my desk drawer. It included, besides what I got, a tire rotation and car wash. I was asked about a car wash, but didn't realize that was part of the package I had asked about. No one mentioned anything about my tires being rotated. Can I bring my car in tomorrow to have the others things done that were in that coupon/advertisement? I think the difference in price was about $5.00 from what I had already paid.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Outlander
Service Date: 04/29/2016
Review Created: 05/05/2016 06:18 AM
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 05/06/2016

Good Morning Starlene,
  I apologize for any confusion about the specials we offer. one special includes an exterior car wash along with an oil & filter change & tire rotation, that service special is &39.95. The 3,000 mile service on our website includes an oil & filter change with a tire rotation. that service special is $34.26. The tire rotation is included in both packages & your tires were rotated at the time of service.We also offer an oil & filter change,tire rotation with an interior & exterior car wash for $49.95. As we do not automatically wash vehicles without their consent,In the future please specify which service you are interested in to eliminate any such confusion. If you would like to drop your car off Monday, we would be happy to upgrade you service to include the car wash for the difference in cost of the specials. Just give me a call @ 410-522-3737 & let me know if this is an acceptable resolution to your concern. We look foreward to hearing from you & continue to strive for the best customer experience possible.

Heather O. on 08/25/2015
Heather said she thought the price was a little bit more expensive than expected.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 08/20/2015
Review Created: 08/25/2015
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 08/27/2015

Good Morning Heather,
  I am sorry that you were not completly satisfied with your recent visit. Honda now requires Full Synthetic oil in their engines. I am sure if you check around you will find that our price of $65.86 for the full synthetic oil change with tire rotation, topping off of fluids & courtesy check is in line with industry standards. We appreciate your input & will strive to provide you with the level of service you deserve while maintaining reasonable pricing for services.
   As always, you can reach me at 410-522-3737 with any concerns that may arise.

Vincent A. on 11/11/2014
Vincent said the actual problem was not really resolved. The wheel bearing in the air conditioner compressor was making a noise. The noise is still there.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML500
Service Date: 10/31/2014
Review Created: 11/11/2014
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 11/14/2014

Vincent, I am sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with our service. As you recall the Mercedes dealer diagnosed the problem for you. We replaced the ac compressor for you the next day which the dealer said would take a couple of weeks. The constant grinding noise that was always present while the engine was running is gone.After the compressor was installed we advised you of the other noise caused by the cracked cooling fan blade that occours only when the cooling fan runs & provided you with an estimate for that repair as well. I have contacted you by phone the next business day & you were to call me back. I contacted you the next day as well & was told you would return my call. As of today I am still awaiting your call.Please contact me at 410-522-3737 for a resolution to this issue.I cannot help you if you do not contact me.

Eddie E. on 11/08/2014
Eddie said he was somewhat satisfied with his recent service visit. Some things about the service were good and some things were not.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport
Service Date: 11/04/2014
Review Created: 11/08/2014
Jibin G. on 10/13/2014
Jibin said he asked this business to clean the vehicle. When he got it back the exterior was still dirty and they forgot to leave the keys at the front desk, which resulted in him having to wait an hour to get it. On a prior visit this business left his headlight on while they were working on his vehicle. For these reasons he would not recommend them for service.
Vehicle: BMW 328i
Service Date: 09/24/2014
Review Created: 10/13/2014
Garry C. at Monument St Auto Center responded on 10/21/2014

Good Morning Jibin,
   I am sorry your experience with us was less than satisfactory. As always we appreciate your input & take customer satisfaction very seriously.
  We will be happy to reclean your vehicle for you at N/C since you were disatisfied. i apologize for the mistake with you having to wait for your key, that was entirely my fault. Feel free to contact me at 410-522-3737 if you would like to schedule your free car wash.

Corliss W. on 08/26/2014
Corliss said she had to take her vehicle back three times for the same problem. It was pertaining to a wire that kept coming loose. Since they switched mechanics, it seems to be working better. She said Gary Church and the staff are pleasant.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 07/30/2014
Review Created: 08/26/2014
Amir K. on 07/14/2014
Amir said the inside of his vehicle was not as clean as he expected.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 07/10/2014
Review Created: 07/14/2014
Robert R. on 07/01/2014
Robert said the repairs were fine and he was happy with the work performed on his vehicle. When he went to pick up his vehicle, after hours, he found food and wrappers in his vehicle. The key was also damaged and he had trouble starting his vehicle. He said he was not too happy about that. He would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 06/25/2014
Review Created: 07/01/2014
Valerie S. on 03/13/2014
Valerie said the employees are really nice at this business but every time she takes her vehicle there she always has to take it back because of unfinished work.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 03/10/2014
Review Created: 03/13/2014
Jan A. on 01/08/2014
Jan said he had to come back to have a leak repaired, which either the facility caused, or was a result of a problem with the oil filter. They fixed it right away and they were nice about it.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 01/03/2014
Review Created: 01/08/2014
Tara S. on 10/02/2013
Tara said this business patched a tire for her but she has to bring the vehicle back for a third time because the low tire pressure warning light has turned on. The second time she brought it back was for all the issues they did not resolve on the first visit. The employees at the facility are all really nice and friendly, but she would prefer not to have to bring her vehicle in three times. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Vehicle: Chrysler 200
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/02/2013
Gionte B. on 09/27/2013
Spoke with Gary. He said the business performed repairs that he did not request without informing him.
Vehicle: Buick Regal
Service Date: 09/24/2013
Review Created: 09/27/2013
Walter V. on 09/16/2013
Walter said their thick ratchet socket chipped the chrome off and left a mark on all four of his wheel center hubcaps. He called Discount Tire Direct about it. They told him this would not have happened if he had gone to the manufacturer's authorized business because a thin wall ratchet socket is required. They should have used a thinner one. He said he would like his center caps replaced by the business. He chose them because he works in the same building and they could do the work while he completed his shift. He would not recommend them based on this experience.
Vehicle: Toyota Pickup
Service Date: 09/10/2013
Review Created: 09/16/2013
MARTHA S. on 07/22/2013
"switch or motor"
Several weeks ago I brought my car into the garage - the driver side window would not go up or down although the other three were fine. I was told that this was due to a faulty switch - $170. I didn't have it fixed it then, but took it in a few days ago thinking I would get the new switch. Instead I was told it was a new motor that would cost $370. The extra $200 is not in my budget this month so I'm holding off getting it fixed. This is the first time I've been disappointed with the service and I've been using this garage for years, so I would still recommend it to a friend.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy