4.3

Billy H.
Oronogo, MO
05/23/2020
Terrible customer service
Tried buying a vehicle from here that they posted online but every time I called, I got sent to a voicemail. Left a message and after 3 days still had not received a call back. Continued calling, all day Friday since I was trying to purchase a car before the weekend and finally got ahold of the sales manager, Jimmy Dolan. The guy was an absolute ass. I expressed my issue of not being able to contact anyone, that I was trying to get my financing in order with my bank before driving 4 and a half hours and the dude didn't care. He said "well you're talking to me now" with an attitude and eventually hung up on me. I told him that I got pre-approved for the amount they were asking but then he tried adding another fee that was never discussed. I tried calling him again to figure out what that fee was and couldn't get ahold of him again. When I finally did get ahold of him, I expressed my concerns and I was hung up on again. I sent him an email, requesting a call back and he responded to the email saying that he would call me when he was finished with the customers in front of him or just converse with me through email. He refused to negotiate, refused delivery (even though the post stated that delivery was available), refused to work with me and would not answer or return several calls. Lost my business!

05/14/2020
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Three weeks later!! And they still refuse to give me my paperwork they said my copy the contract would be sent with the title and it was not I still do not have a proper copy of contract! I caught him sneaking things in to the contract very poor man management They verbally tell you one thing when something else is put into the contract not a reptile company there’s many dealers out there that are more reputable

04/28/2020
Lie They sneak things into the contract
They sneak things into the contract Make sure you read the contract before you sign it even though you tell them you don’t want things they sneak it in there anyway and charge you for

They Lie sneak things into your contract
Lie sneak things into your contract, they mentioned Services I said I did not want to pay extra they said it comes with the car they lied when I read all the fine print they charged me close to $1000 for things I did not even need nor want for Services on the car First year tires, two oil change, theft in first yr, you have a car insurance for theft first of all you don’t need their protection and what they charge for oil changes is much higher than you can get other places and you shouldn’t need new tires within the first year

They Lie sneak things into your contract

03/10/2020 Category: Service
Did not complete work as scheduled
Napleton did not do the work as requested by the Hyundai Consumer Affairs case, and tried to imply it was completed. Case is still not resolved and having to take vehicle to a different dealership.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 03/12/2020

RIKI, I DO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF I CAN BE OF HELP IN THE FUTURE.
JOHN NORRIS
SERVICE MANAGER
NAPLETON HYUNDAI

Jeff B.
O Fallon, IL
02/08/2020
Bait and Switch/Lack business integrity
I'd give this dealership zero stars if possible. They had a 2016 Chevy Colorado advertised and I followed price drops on both their website and cargurus for 3 weeks. Once I showed interest and requested a KBB evaluation of my trade via their on line offer link, I was constantly called and texted about setting up a VIP appointment. I live 90 minutes away and didn't want to commit to a specific date/time until I was ready to buy. I spoke to Internet Manager Jonathon Stratis several times and a receptionist, Jackie, both implying they were at the Hazelwood dealership. I told Jackie on the afternoon of 7 Feb I'd be at the dealership, she verified the truck was there and then I called her to verify truck was still there on morning of 8 Feb. All this time I was led to believe she was at the dealership. I was told it was there and would be ready for me to view and test drive. Just as other reviewers had commented, once I arrived, it just so happens the truck sold yesterday so the salesman asks, "how about I look at other trucks on the lot". BS!! Jonathon and Jackie both knew darn well I only wanted to look at that particular truck and if checked out, buy the truck on the spot based on numerous phone calls and texts I received from them over the duration of 3 weeks. . I'm an Air Force Veteran of 26 plus years and have bought my fair share of personal cars and trucks. In all my years, this is the worst experience I've had at a dealership. You couldn't pay me to go back there.

NJ
Nancy J.
Portageville, MO
01/28/2020
Lots of hidden fees
Like a lot of city dealers there are lots of hidden fees. When I found their price on the internet and went to buy the car there were two different $1599 fees. In the pictures about #23 out of 44 was a pic of the “napleton way” for a fee of $1599. Still not sure of the other extra $1599

SN
Sabiha N.
01/11/2020
You can never trust them
I was here for buying a car today. They wasted my three hours. They said different prices every time and try to trick me a lot. Cargurus price, their website price and their real price are totally different from each other. By the way when you try to buy a car you have to buy their protection plan which is at least 900$ and you will learn this when you have an agreement on price. They try to make a fool of you. Don’t buy car from there.

01/01/2020 Category: Service
stay away!
Better be prepared for a "bait and switch" experience.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 01/02/2020

I do apologize for your sales experience.  This will be brought to the attention of upper management,
John Norris
Hazelwood Hyundai

Donna M.
Fenton, MO
10/24/2019
Don't do it unless you want to get ripped off - forced to give one star - they don't remotely deserve that
Basically I was taken advantage of by Napleton Hyundai in Hazelwood, MO on Wednesday October 16th, 2019. I chose a 2019 hyundai Elantra. The first finance proposal given to me started out at msrp: $21,503.00 even though advertised price on cars.com, autotrader and etc. was $15,405.00 - difference of over $6000.00! I had already pointed this out prior to even sitting down and talking finance and they acted like I was lying. So I had to prove the advertised price on the internet to them by looking it up myself on cars.com. I should’ve walked out right then and there. I was told oh okay we'll take a look at that. Long story short after 3 1/2 long hours of being there & completely drained I got swindled into buying this car with a payoff of only $1000.00 dollars less than advertised price of $15,405.00 on cars.com! And that includes the $1000.00 down and I traded in my 2010 Mercury Milan. Oh and also added on 3 more months onto my loan! In hindsight, it was advertised as a new car - so why did I NOT get the advertised 0% financing?
I regret this decision for sure – but the whole back and forth really drains a person. Complete and utter unprofessionalism, unethical and just wrong!
In addition, I accidentally left my garage door opener on visor of my old car. I called my salesperson on the way home(same night I bought the car) when I realized it - but he didn’t answer – left voicemail and texted and got no response until next morning. They texted me Thursday morning after I bought the car that they would take care of it and mail it to me. After no response all day on Thursday, October 17th to voicemails I left ,text messages and emails – I finally get someone to answer my call the next morning(Friday, oct 18). Now they tell me the car had already been loaded up and transported to whole sale the morning before(Thurs Oct 17) at 7:00 am! But they would try to get it for me - not holding my breath.

After the fact and after talking to friends in finance and family, they all agreed that it was unethical how they blatantly took advantage of me with that loan. They want me to take action and stick up for myself and at the very least report to BBB and etc. And of course to take legal action. This just infuriates me to no end and sickens me to my core that they could do that to people. And after reading alot of other customers' negative comments about being ripped off - I am not alone.
So, I’m making sure that all of my friends, family, clients, social media contacts and anyone else I know NOT to go to Napleton. I’m beyond mad at the fact that I let these lying swindlers take my money and screw me over. BUYERS BEWARE! Don't make the same mistake I did!
I just hope and pray I can save someone else the time, money, heartache, embarrassment and pain and prevent someone else from getting ripped off.
And this was my first Hyundai purchase ever - I've been a loyal Ford company customer for most of my life.

Susan M.
10/22/2019
Women Beware
My daughter and I (I'm 74 yo with a cane) had an appointment last pm. We found a car we liked for my granddaughter. When we went to negotiate, the salesman added a $500 penalty b/c I wanted to pay cash!!!
Did salesman think he could pull a fast one?
I have a PhD and daughter is a manager at a credit union.
Salesmen be aware of you customer!
We walked out.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

RJ
Ron J.
09/14/2019
Napelton Hyundai Hazelwood dealer - NO HONESTY
This incident happened on Sep 14 2019 morning. In their website https://www.napletonhyundai.com ( Napelton Hyundai Hazelwood,, MO dealer) , they listed 2019 Hyundai SEL for $ 13,500. They had a few 2019 SEL inventory as per their website. They had pictures and VIN numbers. It was too good to believe so I called and they made me to com in. (we had to cancel our daughters basketball game as we did not want to miss this deal. We thought they are trying to get rid of 2019 models since 2020 models have already arrived to the market). Once we went there, (Napelton Hyundai Hazelwood , MO ), we came to know that they just try to bring in people to their store and they do not even have those cars they listed in their websites and they do not even honor those prices. Our daughter was so upset that she could not make it to her basketball game.

LA
L.A. A.
Saint Charles, MO
08/29/2019
Terrible Experience
The worst experience I’ve ever had purchasing a vehicle. They even forgot to give me a safety and emissions testing before I left when I purchased a used vehicle from them. I tried getting additional assistance from them and they made it very clear they don’t value a long enough term relationship just a quick sale
JN
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

We are sorry for your experience.  However, we did complete the safety and emissions testing on your vehicle in April when you purchased it.  Feel free to bring your vehicle in and I will have it diagnosed for free.

AD
Artayia D.
08/27/2019
MANAGERS
Hey today i had a trade in value for my car i was called in too come speak with someone for a cash value once i got there my car did not receive an appraisal they immediately tried putting me into something and jumping too run my credit i was put with a guy who only worked there for 5 days they wouldn’t tell him any information only thing i was told that i was approved they where rude they treated the guy like nothing & was not communicating with me waisted 2 hours of my time i believe i arrived around 3:30 and did not get a answer until 5:30 too come back tomorrow the guy who helped me was upset every time he would ask what the lenders where saying they would run him off they also asked me if i could get a co-signer i told them yes my sister was in the car and agreed too co-signing and one of the mangers said since she didn’t wanna come in from the car she would have too do it online we sat there for 30 minutes trying too figure out how would she co-sign once again the man who was helping me was only 5 days in they told him too figure it out himself and that there where not going too help they had the most disrespectful attitudes I’ve ever dealt with at a car lot idk if there where acting that way because I’m young but it was a total mess and i don’t recommend anyone spend their time with them
BRANDY L B. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 08/28/2019

Thank you Artayia for your reply.  We apologive for your experience.

St. Louis, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson

07/03/2019 Category: Service
N/A
N/A
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I do apologize for the inconvenience,  I know you vehicle has been returned and Hyundai has authorized a new engine for your vehicle. We will expedite the repair when the engine arrives.  In the meantime a rental vehicle has been made available.
John Norris
Napleton Hyundai

JK W.
06/30/2019
Bait and Switch!
Found a car on line. Drove 30 minutes to the Napleton dealership only to find out that the price was $2,200 more than the price they showed on line. Their unapologetic response to this was that the online price does not reflect the added “$900 Napleton Experience” surcharge but does incorporate a $750 military discount among others that for some reason doesn’t apply to me.
Total bait and switch! Very sleazy way to do business.