Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5rating 4.12

Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5rating 4.16129
Overall Rating 2.22581/5Overall Rating 2.22581/5rating 2.22581rating 2.22581rating 2.22581

Continue reading recommended reviews

St. Louis, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

07/03/2019 Category: Service
N/A
N/A
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I do apologize for the inconvenience,  I know you vehicle has been returned and Hyundai has authorized a new engine for your vehicle. We will expedite the repair when the engine arrives.  In the meantime a rental vehicle has been made available.

JK W.
06/30/2019
Bait and Switch!
Found a car on line. Drove 30 minutes to the Napleton dealership only to find out that the price was $2,200 more than the price they showed on line. Their unapologetic response to this was that the online price does not reflect the added “$900 Napleton Experience” surcharge but does incorporate a $750 military discount among others that for some reason doesn’t apply to me.
Total bait and switch! Very sleazy way to do business.

06/21/2019 Category: Service
Better service
Better Customer Service
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/24/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Christy M.
05/31/2019
Unacceptable
I took my car in to get diagnosed and get an oil change. They never did a diagnosis and it took them 8 hours to do an oil change and tire rotation. They also didn't wash my car after completing the service. On top of that it took them 10 minutes to find my keys when I went to pick up my car.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/04/2019

Thank you Christy for bringing this matter to my attention. I am not able to verify your issue since there is no current repair order in the system.  You last visit on record is for Oct 2018.  I do apologize but you may have been mistaken.

UK
Usman K.
Edwardsville, IL
05/13/2019
Pathetic
Pathetic customer service

Beware horrible people working there, they would lure you in for the price and then try to charge you a bogus fee of $899 called napelton experience which includes oil change, key replacement etc. when confronted with their fee asking where is it disclosed and no where to be found on their website neither other listings like carguru. He went on saying that the charge is for dealer installed accessories which there were none installed and car was full stock. Once not able to prove that it was dealer installed accessories he asked me if I was a lawyer, why would that matter anyway if I was, they force you to buy it otherwise will not sell the car. Met with this stupid person name Ryan sales manager rude as hell and a show off. Ran credit without showing real numbers and trying to get a loan on what I don’t even know what the cost would be. Specifically told them not to run anything until I have final numbers. Had to cuss him out in front of everyone due to his lack of basic manners. He went on even saying that you are not buying the car so I would not even speak to you even though my friend gave me the full authority to deal on his behalf. I would steer away from these people and go next door to bommarito.

WR
Wayne R.
Troy, MO
05/07/2019
Nightmare - stay away
I am 54 years old and have purchased many automobiles over the years. But this is hands-down, the worst car-buying experience of my life. I found a 2016 Jeep Patriot online that was in my price range and had low miles. There was another one closer to my home but it had twice as many miles on it so I thought I would take a chance and drive the 45 minutes to Napleton Hyundai to see if we could make a deal. My salesperson was Barry Jones who seemed like a nice-enough guy and was eager for my business. While the Jeep was pretty basic, I wasn’t looking for luxury, just an inexpensive, low-mileage SUV. We agreed on a price after some haggling and I drove my new Jeep home. A few days later, my wife said she tried to turn on the AC but it didn’t work so I assumed it just need some freon. Imagine how shocked I was to find that this 2016 vehicle was not equipped with AC. So I checked the window sticker, which I still had, to see if it was listed on there. However it was not. So while I felt pretty silly for not checking that out first, I soon became quite angry because first of all, who would think that a 2016 vehicle would NOT be equipped with AC and secondly, why was this not pointed out by the salesperson? I called the dealership and spoke to the salesperson who said he was not aware that the vehicle did not have AC and wasn’t really offering me any solutions to the problem. So I asked to speak to the GM, Bobby Clifford. He told me he would try to arrange an exchange and asked me to come in. When I did, I found out that he was out for surgery and no one else at the dealership knew anything about a supposed “exchange”. I was at a crossroads. I could either purchase another vehicle or keep the one I had purchased and suffer the consequences in the Missouri summer heat. I wasn’t interested in sweating to death this coming summer so I bit the bullet and purchased another vehicle. So now, I have a more expensive vehicle, a higher monthly payment by almost $100 and no satisfaction. The only allowance they gave me was a supposed $1,500 service program that would enable me to get free oil changes for a year. Seeing as how I live over 45 miles away and don’t travel to that vicinity EVER, this was of no consolation to me. I would not recommend this dealership to my worst enemy. They are more interested in selling you a car and getting you out the door than they are in meeting your needs. I also had a few occasions where I either called or emailed the Finance Manager, Todd Ogle who NEVER responded to me. NEVER! One of the emails I sent had a video in it that I recorded to help explain my message and I got a notification that he watched most of the video so I KNEW he’d seen it and read my email but he STILL did not respond. This dealership is the worst. When the car I ended up with from their dealership was due for an oil change, rather than drive there and waste my time and probably get horrible service too, I went to a Jim Trenary dealership close to my home and spent $65 to get my oil changed. THAT’S how much their so-called $1,500 service program means to me. Stay away from this dealership unless you want to feel like you were totally taken advantage of. If that’s your thing, then yes, please, go there. If I could give a zero stars rating, I would.
PS. They have been calling me for the last two months advising me that the 2016 Jeep Patriot I purchased is due for service. WTH?

DT
Don T.
Mascoutah, IL
02/27/2019
Stay clear!!!
Purchased a vehicle a few months ago from here, Normal buying experience at first. Then once we finally got close to the right numbers the sales manager came out and told me there was nothing else he could do for numbers, they reached bottom dollar! Ok then let’s do this. Well then he found out I was already pre approved through my own bank and all I had to do was sign the check! My bank is not one that they use to swindle money from customers, Now that he had this information he changed his mind and all of the sudden I could get a significant amount more off the the price of the vehicle as long as I would sign with one of there lenders at a much higher interest rate. Very unprofessional way to handle business, lie right to the customer and then turn around and twist the truth.
Fast forward a couple months I get mail from them saying I have free oil changes and tire rotation. I did not want to do business with this dealer ever again but I was going to be close for a Dr. Apt so why not get the oil changed. So I called and set up an apt. The day came and I showed up, however they put the date in wrong in the computer so I no longer had an apt. 2.5 hrs later I finally got out of the dealer and headed home where I live about 40 miles away. Once home I noticed my running bar on the vehicle was damaged and had yellow paint on it. Yep go figure they ran into one of the yellow poles in the shop, and just like the sales manger they had no integrity, they didn’t say a word. So now luckily it was captured on the cameras!!
Set up an apt to get this checked out and that is about the only smooth thing in this whole process. After I had it checked out they said they would get parts on order, well after a week I hadn’t heard anything so I called and got some excuse they couldn’t find the parts. Then after another week nothing so I called and they said they had just ordered the parts prior to my call. Here we are finally getting to get the parts on the vehicle. Well sorta they now have a part that is different from the original that they put on and no longer matches the other side. They then proceed to tell me they modified the good one to match the new one! ARE WE SERIOUS!?!?! Why can’t you make the vehicle the way it was brought to you not the cheapest and easiest way for you. This is by far the worst dealership experience I have ever had! I will not come back and I will spread the word high and low to start clear of this dealership.

SD
Shelby D.
01/26/2019
Awful service
I had a remote start installed in my card. They scratched my panel, they also drove my car somewhere else to do the installation (apparently far since my car was returned with half tank) and didn’t even have the courtesy of putting the gas back.

BR
Barry R.
Springfield, IL
12/29/2018 Category: Service
Price negotiation and surprise fees.
Didnt appreciate the hidden fees which were proudly called the Napleton Experience. $899 worth of itemized items which I wouldn’t use the majority of. Want not allowed to waive or decline this package and was told it was mandatory. I didn’t purchase the vehicle and voiced my dissatisfaction only to be emailed numerous form letters inquiring how my experience was with them.
Emily G., Customer Relations Director from Napleton Hyundai responded on 12/31/2018

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you did not have the best sales experience. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Customer Relations Director

AG
Aaron G.
Hazelwood, MO
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

HH
Haseeb H.
12/08/2018
Car Title Problem
It is one of the worst car buying experience of my life. I have bought Hyundai Sonata 2016 Certified Pre-Owned. However, its been more than 2 months and they are not handing me car title. Employees are rude, unprofessional and unethical. Instead of giving me the car title, they are arguing with me and behaving rude as well. God knows when I 'll get my title. NOT RECOMMENDED

St. Louis, MO
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/05/2018 Category: Service
no comment
When selling used cars with no warranty Your dealership should at least do the following:
Flush systems
do all points checks for the entire engine
do any maintenance that is do up to the amount of miles that is already on the vehicle and not expect a person who just purchased a vehicle to have to pay for it.
Emily G., Customer Relations Director from Napleton Hyundai responded on 12/07/2018

Thank you for your feedback, I do apologize for your inconvenience.

Customer Relations Director

Muhammad Haseeb H.
12/04/2018
Unprofessional and Unethical Car Dealer...NOT recommended
I bought many cars in my life, but this is the worst experience in my life with Napleton Hyundai. I don't recommend them to anyone. I bought my car full on cash on 6th October 2018 and they have not still provided me with the car title and giving me turnarounds. As the car is pre-owned certified, so I can't think of what they do with uncertified buyers when they are doing this to me. I visited them more than 10 times and called them hundreds of times. They are non-cooperative and rude to me. Infact instead of facilitating me they told me to do whatever I can. They are still not handing me the title of the car and God knows when I 'll get. Highly highly NOT recommended.

Maryland Heights, MO
2013 Hyundai Genesis
11/26/2018 Category: Service
Parts was removed from my vehicle
Not sure how I can bring my car in for an oil change and to be told that I have several relays and fueses missing

Robert B.
Chesterfield, MO
11/19/2018 Category: Service
Where I bought car
Bait and switch in both service provided and cars which I was looking at and incentives promised for a test drive. Both the service man and the original salesman were professional, nice but sandbagged when it came down to honoring what I was lead to expect. I would use the salesman again but request that manager be present and be upfront about promotions and only showing me cars that meet my parameters.
Emily G., Customer Relations Director from Napleton Hyundai responded on 11/19/2018

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to discuss this with you further. I will be reaching out shortly.

Business Development Manager
O: 314-817-9000 ext 2307

Randall S.
Hazelwood, MO
11/06/2018
Worse Customer Service!!!
Napleton's customer service is the worse I've ever experienced at any dealer! I have a meeting scheduled with their finance team for later today for a vehicle that was SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE YESTERDAY!!! No phone call was made to me explaining the vehicle was sold. Just a "lie" when I called them today that "it was just sold". It wasn't "just sold" today! It was yesterday because that's when it was removed from their website. If I hadn't checked their website last night, I'd be going to a meeting in 5 hours to finance a vehicle they had already sold. Can't be honest with their customers and courteous enough to call. Worse dealer in the St. Louis metro area!!! Stay away!!!

AK
Andy K.
10/27/2018
They work with you to get you a good deal.
While the whole process took longer than I would like, we were able to work out a great deal for myself and the dealership. A win/win for all. Ask for Chris.

10/27/2018
Good car but poor customer service
I'll highlight the bigger issues. I did get a fair price on the car the issues were customer service.
1) No one called back when I tried to set up a test drive. Keep getting put to someone else's voicemail.
2)Wasted my time. Over 3 hours with test drive. I was straight forward but they would walk away to see what they can do for 15 to minutes at a time.
3)I turned down the $1600 Napleton protection package only to have finance try to add it back in to the loan. Had to call them out on it.
4)850 score and could only give us a 6.79% interest rate. I'll have to refinance that soon.
5)Test drove one car with 60 miles and when we left the lot the car had 260 mile.
6)Car wash was down so they never cleaned it for us. I would have like them say come back later and have a free wash on us.

There were more issues that I emailed the GM about but I'm thinking I won't get a call back.
ROBERT C., GM from Napleton Hyundai responded on 10/29/2018

Andy,

Hi Jack, we are saddened to hear that your recent experience with us may have been anything less than exceptional. We'd like the opportunity to turn your experience around. Please reach out to me at (314) 548-0957 at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can turn this experience into a positive one.

Bobby Clifford
General Manager
314-548-0957

10/02/2018 Category: Service
No respect for customers' needs.
Forrest and Christopher in sales do not K ow how to communicatewith a potential customer in any way other than looking down their noses at us. Next time try answering sweatyns instead if evading for 2 weeks.

GG
Gerald G.
O Fallon, MO
09/30/2018 Category: Service
Sonata owner needs answer about steering coupler..a known engineering issue
See notes