Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana

2020 Hyundai Palisade
11/20/2020 Category: Service
Oil Change
I was contacted by Napletons on my review....All my concerns were address. Thank You!

11/20/2020 Category: Service
Oil Change
No oil change should take an hour.....
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 11/24/2020

Thank you for your time.   If you can please take the time to rescore us.  I reallyl appreciate it.

Karen S.
Broadlands, IL
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Over priced and rude service
Car went in for a recall and of course they find “something” wrong with it so a recall fix ends up costing well over $300!

BO
Brenda O.
09/24/2020 Category: Service
I feel they take advantage of women
I felt taking advantage of being a woman and my lack of knowledge about cars

2015 Hyundai Genesis
01/25/2020 Category: Service
Too high
I think they are just too high. I always went to the Hyundai dealership back home but like everything else in Illinois this place is over charging on maintenance.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me today.  As we spoke about, I sent that card to you.  Thank you again!

Farmer City, IL
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Wasted my time.
Made an appointment for a Saturday at 1:45. After driving from 30 min out of town, arrived to be told they could not do the repair because it takes 2 hours and they close at 3. So I made another appointment for Monday at 11:30, saying that I would need a shuttle to get to work. Shuttle on Monday was not ready until 11:45. Before leaving, I scheduled a shuttle to pick me up at 4 PM before heading to a second commitment. That shuttle was over 15 minutes late and offered no apology. I had to call after ten minutes of waiting to even see if anyone was on their way... no communication from them. The whole experience gave the feeling that they do not value the time of their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/24/2019

I am sorry to see that we were not able to earn a 5 star review from you visit.  Our shuttle vans try to be as close to on time as they can be but sometimes a bit early of behind.  However, they should offer an apology if late, it is common courtesy to value another persons time.  I am sorry that this ocurred and you felt as though your time was not valued.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/25/2019 Category: Service
A little prep goes a long way.
Not a big fan of making an appointment for factory specified recall work and the needed parts aren’t available
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 03/26/2019

Thank you for your time this morning.  I will be in contact with you in a couple of days when those parts arrive.  We will either provide a loaner car for the day or we will pick up and deliver it back to you on a Saturday.  Sorry for all of the troubles, you have been a loyal customer and we want you to be satisfied.  Hyundai is going to send you another survey, if you could answer back with 5 stars and that we have resolved your concerns we would REALLY APPRECIATE it.  Thanks again, i will be in touch in the next couple of days.

Paxton, IL
02/03/2019 Category: Service
Great service but over priced for the services
They tried to charge me $45 for a cabin filter and I'm sure they would have charged me more money for labor. I bought my own cabin filter for $27 and replaced it myself in less then 5 mins. They can do my free oil changes and that's about it. If they lower their prices then I'll do business with them. $124.99 they want for a front end alignment. I have an appointment with a certified mechanic to have the same work done for $65. They are over charging their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 02/04/2019

Our cabin filter price is $45 installed so that does include labor.  All of our parts we use are factory OEM parts so in many cases we are more expensive.  We appreciate your business.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Price of Service
I wasnt expecting the price of a maintenance to be so steep otherwise I would have went elsewhere. Definitely not going back without a coupon.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/23/2019

Thank you for your review and comments.We do use the factory filters when we perform our services and that can sometimes be a bit more than the Jiffy Lubes etc that use non Hyundai parts.  We do have coupons for various service items on our website that are always available . We appreciate your business and hope to see you for your next service!

Laurie B.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Several issues
I thought I already did this on the last screen? I don't have time to type it all again.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/11/2019

My apologies for the issues with your service.  We have mutliple advisors that can help with your Hyundai service.  If Doug is not a good fit for you, we have Jeremy Jackson and Olivian Hendershot that can also service your Hyundai.  As for the prepaid maintenance, it can be used for up to 1 year past expiration.  If at that time you still have unredeemed services we will take care of those here at the dealership, no problem.

CN
Carter N.
Savoy, IL
12/26/2018 Category: Service
My thoughts
When you are told that a service is going to take an hour and it takes more than that, being told why and how much longer would make my experience at par.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/28/2018

Carter, it was great talking with you on the phone.  Sorry your last two visits were not good ones.  I will talk with the advisor as you and i talked about and remind them of the importance of time updates.  The cards are in the mail and heading your way, if you do not get them call me at 217-365-0567.

Tuscola, IL
04/15/2018 Category: Service
service
service was not what i was expecting. the service rep did not take my concerns seriously and instead i had to follow up with the guy that sold me my car.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/16/2018

Our apologies that the Service Rep was unable to address your concerns. We hope that the Sales department was able to answer your questions. Should there be any other concerns please contact me - Josh Berbaum Service and Parts Director (217)365-0567. All of us at Napleton's want to make each visit a 5 Star event!

Fithian, IL
04/11/2018 Category: Service
Review
Not all work that was scheduled was completed. Then their shuttle driver went to the bathroom and forgot they had another pick up. I had to call to see where they were and was finally picked up an hour after my vehicle was completed.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/11/2018

Our apologies that your recent service visit did not go as planned. Is there anything we can do to make your return visit easier to get the recall completed? Please contact me is we can help in any way - Josh Berbaum - Service Director Napleton Auto Park of Urbana. 217-365-0567.

Chase H.
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Simple tire mount
They said they didn’t have time to put a new tire onto my car. It’s a 5 minute job.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/03/2018

Our apologies that the BDC did not verify the appointment availability to install your tire. Your Service Advisor Carel did tell me what happened when you tried to make the appointment with the BDC. She said she provided you with her direct phone line so that you could contact her directly for any future needs. Since the survey score reflects directly on her performance would you consider rescoring the survey to reflect how Carel performed, rather than the BDC?

02/24/2018 Category: Service
Inefficient and poor service
I have a Hyundai and do not trust that my car is in good hands at this dealership. I have been waiting for my car to be fixed for a week now. It’s a simple fix- just need a plug changed so my oil does not leak onto a sensor. They told me from the start it is a fast and easy fix. I was told they did not have the part needed in stock, therefore, I waited one week while they ordered the part and had it come in. When I came in once the part arrived, I sat there for 30 minutes until they realized the part they ordered was wrong. This resulted in them giving me a rental car that did not even replace my car (mine is an SUV, there’s was a smaller car) but it was all that they had. I was told the part would be here tomorrow morning because they will do overnight processing. Well, it’s tomorrow morning and I get a call saying it’s STILL not ready because there is a backorder and they do not know when the part will be ready. I went and picked my car up and am now waiting for a call about when my part will be here. It is ridiculous how inefficient and poor their work there is. I picked up my car because I did not trust that it was in good hands as I left it there. I do not think this dealership provides their customers with good service and it is very frustrating that a certified dealership has had so many problems fixing an easy problem of mine. This is an issue of their dealership and their workers. I will not be coming back to this dealership.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 02/26/2018

I am sorry to see that your visit went so poorly.  I apologize for all of the inconvenience that you went through with this.  I will follow up with Hyundai on the backorder to see if there is anywayi can expedite the part needed.  When we get the part here, i can pick up and deliver your car back to you if that helps you, so that you do not have to take your time coming back to the dealership again.  We can provide you with a loaner during that time as well.  Please let me know what i can do to the situation, i will do everything that I can to ease the inconvenience for you.

John S.
Mahomet, IL
01/02/2018 Category: Service
Check your tire pressure!!!
Not a happy camper after paying an exuberant amount of money for service that is overrated...
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/04/2018

Our apologies for the tire pressures not being set to proper inflation. Our technicians are very careful when performing the services requested. He made a mistake, and again our apologies. We will be sending you a coupon for your next oil change service on us and we hope that you will grant us another chance to earn your business.