Overall Rating 4.700001/5Overall Rating 4.700001/5Overall Rating 4.700001/5Overall Rating 4.700001/5rating 4.700001
Overall Rating 2.4/5Overall Rating 2.4/5rating 2.4rating 2.4rating 2.4

Farmer City, IL
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Wasted my time.
Made an appointment for a Saturday at 1:45. After driving from 30 min out of town, arrived to be told they could not do the repair because it takes 2 hours and they close at 3. So I made another appointment for Monday at 11:30, saying that I would need a shuttle to get to work. Shuttle on Monday was not ready until 11:45. Before leaving, I scheduled a shuttle to pick me up at 4 PM before heading to a second commitment. That shuttle was over 15 minutes late and offered no apology. I had to call after ten minutes of waiting to even see if anyone was on their way... no communication from them. The whole experience gave the feeling that they do not value the time of their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/24/2019

I am sorry to see that we were not able to earn a 5 star review from you visit.  Our shuttle vans try to be as close to on time as they can be but sometimes a bit early of behind.  However, they should offer an apology if late, it is common courtesy to value another persons time.  I am sorry that this ocurred and you felt as though your time was not valued.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/25/2019 Category: Service
A little prep goes a long way.
Not a big fan of making an appointment for factory specified recall work and the needed parts aren’t available
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 03/26/2019

Thank you for your time this morning.  I will be in contact with you in a couple of days when those parts arrive.  We will either provide a loaner car for the day or we will pick up and deliver it back to you on a Saturday.  Sorry for all of the troubles, you have been a loyal customer and we want you to be satisfied.  Hyundai is going to send you another survey, if you could answer back with 5 stars and that we have resolved your concerns we would REALLY APPRECIATE it.  Thanks again, i will be in touch in the next couple of days.

Paxton, IL
02/03/2019 Category: Service
Great service but over priced for the services
They tried to charge me $45 for a cabin filter and I'm sure they would have charged me more money for labor. I bought my own cabin filter for $27 and replaced it myself in less then 5 mins. They can do my free oil changes and that's about it. If they lower their prices then I'll do business with them. $124.99 they want for a front end alignment. I have an appointment with a certified mechanic to have the same work done for $65. They are over charging their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 02/04/2019

Our cabin filter price is $45 installed so that does include labor.  All of our parts we use are factory OEM parts so in many cases we are more expensive.  We appreciate your business.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Price of Service
I wasnt expecting the price of a maintenance to be so steep otherwise I would have went elsewhere. Definitely not going back without a coupon.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/23/2019

Thank you for your review and comments.We do use the factory filters when we perform our services and that can sometimes be a bit more than the Jiffy Lubes etc that use non Hyundai parts.  We do have coupons for various service items on our website that are always available . We appreciate your business and hope to see you for your next service!

Laurie B.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Several issues
I thought I already did this on the last screen? I don't have time to type it all again.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/11/2019

My apologies for the issues with your service.  We have mutliple advisors that can help with your Hyundai service.  If Doug is not a good fit for you, we have Jeremy Jackson and Olivian Hendershot that can also service your Hyundai.  As for the prepaid maintenance, it can be used for up to 1 year past expiration.  If at that time you still have unredeemed services we will take care of those here at the dealership, no problem.

CN
Carter N.
Savoy, IL
12/26/2018 Category: Service
My thoughts
When you are told that a service is going to take an hour and it takes more than that, being told why and how much longer would make my experience at par.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/28/2018

Carter, it was great talking with you on the phone.  Sorry your last two visits were not good ones.  I will talk with the advisor as you and i talked about and remind them of the importance of time updates.  The cards are in the mail and heading your way, if you do not get them call me at 217-365-0567.

Tuscola, IL
04/15/2018 Category: Service
service
service was not what i was expecting. the service rep did not take my concerns seriously and instead i had to follow up with the guy that sold me my car.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/16/2018

Our apologies that the Service Rep was unable to address your concerns. We hope that the Sales department was able to answer your questions. Should there be any other concerns please contact me - Josh Berbaum Service and Parts Director (217)365-0567. All of us at Napleton's want to make each visit a 5 Star event!

Fithian, IL
04/11/2018 Category: Service
Review
Not all work that was scheduled was completed. Then their shuttle driver went to the bathroom and forgot they had another pick up. I had to call to see where they were and was finally picked up an hour after my vehicle was completed.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/11/2018

Our apologies that your recent service visit did not go as planned. Is there anything we can do to make your return visit easier to get the recall completed? Please contact me is we can help in any way - Josh Berbaum - Service Director Napleton Auto Park of Urbana. 217-365-0567.

Chase H.
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Simple tire mount
They said they didn’t have time to put a new tire onto my car. It’s a 5 minute job.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/03/2018

Our apologies that the BDC did not verify the appointment availability to install your tire. Your Service Advisor Carel did tell me what happened when you tried to make the appointment with the BDC. She said she provided you with her direct phone line so that you could contact her directly for any future needs. Since the survey score reflects directly on her performance would you consider rescoring the survey to reflect how Carel performed, rather than the BDC?

02/24/2018 Category: Service
Inefficient and poor service
I have a Hyundai and do not trust that my car is in good hands at this dealership. I have been waiting for my car to be fixed for a week now. It’s a simple fix- just need a plug changed so my oil does not leak onto a sensor. They told me from the start it is a fast and easy fix. I was told they did not have the part needed in stock, therefore, I waited one week while they ordered the part and had it come in. When I came in once the part arrived, I sat there for 30 minutes until they realized the part they ordered was wrong. This resulted in them giving me a rental car that did not even replace my car (mine is an SUV, there’s was a smaller car) but it was all that they had. I was told the part would be here tomorrow morning because they will do overnight processing. Well, it’s tomorrow morning and I get a call saying it’s STILL not ready because there is a backorder and they do not know when the part will be ready. I went and picked my car up and am now waiting for a call about when my part will be here. It is ridiculous how inefficient and poor their work there is. I picked up my car because I did not trust that it was in good hands as I left it there. I do not think this dealership provides their customers with good service and it is very frustrating that a certified dealership has had so many problems fixing an easy problem of mine. This is an issue of their dealership and their workers. I will not be coming back to this dealership.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 02/26/2018

I am sorry to see that your visit went so poorly.  I apologize for all of the inconvenience that you went through with this.  I will follow up with Hyundai on the backorder to see if there is anywayi can expedite the part needed.  When we get the part here, i can pick up and deliver your car back to you if that helps you, so that you do not have to take your time coming back to the dealership again.  We can provide you with a loaner during that time as well.  Please let me know what i can do to the situation, i will do everything that I can to ease the inconvenience for you.

John S.
Mahomet, IL
01/02/2018 Category: Service
Check your tire pressure!!!
Not a happy camper after paying an exuberant amount of money for service that is overrated...
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/04/2018

Our apologies for the tire pressures not being set to proper inflation. Our technicians are very careful when performing the services requested. He made a mistake, and again our apologies. We will be sending you a coupon for your next oil change service on us and we hope that you will grant us another chance to earn your business.

R R.
Decatur, IL
12/13/2017 Category: Service
Get your maintenance done elsewhere
Their maintenance department is based on their convenience not the customers. Be prepared to be herded like cattle and treated in a condescending manner.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/13/2017

Our apologies for having to make two trips in for the recalls.
We have upon your request removed your information from the
email alerts.
We appreciate that you took the time to fill out your survey- we value our customers comments - both the good and the bad. . We do appreciate your business and are disappointed that we did not perform worthy of a 5 star review .  Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your visit with me directly.
Josh Berbaum
Service Director Napleton Auto Park
(217)367-0567

12/09/2017 Category: Service
Nobody's perfect
Ive been having my service here for like 5 years already and its always good. I may be frustrated with my service this time but i still believe in giving chances and believing nobodys perfect
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/11/2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. Our apologies that you have had issues with the tire pressure light. Cold weather will definately affect tire pressures and can trigger the warning light.  When we check pressures we will look for nails or screws - appears they did find find a screw on your most recent visit. We appreciate your patience and your business! Please let me know if I can assist further.

PH
Patricia H.
09/27/2017 Category: Service
To much stress
U telling them what u think is going on with the car. .of course they can't never find it.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/27/2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your survey. We understand that you were frustrated with the selling dealer and the fact that the vehicle needed a major repair. However, your low survey scores directly reflect on your Service Advisor Carel Sons, not the previous dealer or the vehicle itself. the survey is in essence her report card. Carel tried to make the repair process as painless as possible by ensuring the vehicle was properly diagnosed, securing a rental for your use during repairs and keeping you updated on status of the repairs. Since the survey reflects her performance, would you consider retaking the survey and scoring accordingly? Should you have any concerns with Carel's performance please let me know. We appreciate your time!

09/10/2017 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Poor customer service.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/13/2017

Thank you for the review. When vehicles are pulled onto the delivery lane, our Porters remove the seat cover and florrmat for the customer. Due to insurance purposes, we no longer are able to drive your vehicle thru the car wash, but our guests are welcome to take advantage of the car wash whenever they have a vehicle serviced. There is always an attendant on duty to guide you thru the carwash. Our apologies that your Service Advisor was not available to answer your questions. Should you need further assiatnace please feel free to contact us. We do appreciate your business!

Jeffrey M.
2013 Hyundai Accent
08/23/2017 Category: Service
not a 28000 mile requirement
pushing unnecessary cost on customer listing refusal of manufacturer maintenance by customer on report, total B S.

08/23/2017 Category: Service
below average
not happy
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 08/24/2017

Thank you for taking the time to send your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to help our customers  achieve the very best performance from their vehicles as possible, and services such as the fuel system cleaning are meant to be a preventative maintenance service. Our apologies that this was not presented more clearly on your recent visit. We do appreciate your business and your comments.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
08/20/2017 Category: Service
First Disappointment
I have been going to Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana since I got my car in 2012. I have never been disappointed until this last visit. I felt that I was deceived to get a service done. When confronted about it, the situation was rectified which I appreciate. However, I feel that I will be a little more skeptical at my next visit. Also, for the first time I noticed a high charge at the end of my bill titled "shop charges". This charge was never explained and I had to inquire about it. I feel this fee should be told about upfront so costumers can anticipate their final bill. But honestly, I don't believe "shop charges" should even be a cost. It should be covered by the inflated labor costs.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 08/22/2017

We do apologize for the mis-charge on the battery and appreciate you bringing that to our attention. The reimbursement for the warranty portion and the 2 free services have been mailed. We do appreciate your business!

2011 Hyundai Tucson
07/31/2017 Category: Service
Oil changes takes to long
Oil changes takes to long and beware of pressure to perform potentially unnecessary future maintenance.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 08/01/2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. We apologize that the service took too long - we are hiring more staff to facilitate servicing our vehicles in a more timely fashion. We do appreciate your comments and your continued patronage.

Spring Valley, IL
07/24/2017 Category: Service
Inspect the work
One of the issues I had taken my vehicle in for was to have the headlight bulbs replaced. I discovered afterward the bulbs hadn't been secured in their housings. They had been plugged in, but weren't seated properly. There is a wire that's supposed to be flipped up to secure them in place. I discovered this situation later during the installation of a replacement cap on one of the headlight housings and saw the bulb was out of place. I checked the other side and found the same problem. If it was one bulb, maybe an oversight. But to have both bulbs left unsecured, I have to wonder if the person doing the job wasn't properly trained. They did immediately have someone correct this situation when I returned (without an appointment). I observed the work this time!
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/25/2017

We apologize for the return trip . The bulbs should have been properly secured on the initiall installation.

HS
Hollie S.
Savoy, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/04/2017 Category: Service
The people that check you in or set up your service always act like you are a bother.
Probably not. I have a warranty so I receive free oil changes. That is why I come.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/05/2017

I am sorry to hear that you were treated rudely.  I will address this with the consultant you worked with.  No customer should feel that way about coming in here for service.