Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Federal Way, WA
Pontiac Grand Prix
04/05/2018
Professional, friendly, real
My experience with Skyline Automotive was absolutely wonderful.

The waiting room was clean and well kept, in my opinion.

They had popcorn and coffee available for those who wanted.

What I was really happy about was that I had let them know that I wasn't really sure what was wrong with the car.

I also let them know that I didn't really know much about cars, and only really described my issue as an "almost vibrating feeling.".

I had my tires replaced a day or so before this, and one of the mechanics there referred me here.

What I really appreciated, aside from the fact that he test drove the car to check out what I was trying to tell him, was that the man who was working on my car, I believe his name was John, wanted me to come in to the shop to look at what the issue was, rather than just telling me something was wrong.

He showed me the wiggling on my tire, and showed me on the other side that there wasn't much wiggling, and I saw what an issue that could cause.

After he started working on replacing my wheel bearing, he showed me my break pads, which were almost gone, and let me know, as far as labor costs go, he would be able to charge me about 100$ less since he already had to take apart the assembly for the wheel bearing.

I needed my work done for a trip I was going on later that night, and he took my car in at 8am.

I had work at 12pm.

I think they had me out of there by 10; maybe a little bit after.

It was a good experience all around for me.

I will definitely be going back there for more work done.

Diane B.
04/04/2018 Category: Service
Diane said the service was great, the staff was nice, and the prices were fair.

DA
Denise A.
Puyallup, WA
Ford Edge
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Denise said the staff were friendly and honest.

KH
Kenneth H.
Hyundai Accent
03/20/2018 Category: Service
Kenneth said he has no complaints and his vehicle works just fine. He said he had been to the facility before with a previous vehicle and he liked the way that the business handled it. The staff was honest with him about not putting more money into that vehicle.

Jeremiah A.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
03/17/2018 Category: Service
Jeremiah said the staff was thorough and paid extra attention to detail. The customer service was excellent.

Jevon S.
Nissan Quest
03/17/2018 Category: Service
Jevon said the staff was very accommodating. The service provided by the business was very high quality.

TG
Tim G.
03/16/2018
Never again
There seems to be a few issues that say they were discussed that were never discussed so for there you’ll never see my wife’s Jeep in your shop again forever amen
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 03/19/2018

Mr. Griffin came in with his wifes 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee they just purchased recently and it already had a 6 inch lift on it. After installing Mr. Griffin custom front drive line the tech test drove the vehicle for any problems. On that test drive, which was the first for the tech and Skyline Automotive, the tech could not maintain 20 mph down any road due to how badly the vehicle wandered, shook and bounced. Tech returned to shop to do free diagnosis on the vehicle. Found that the gearbox was shifting internally causing problems. Mr. Griffin brought his vehicle in for the gear box repair. Once vehicle was here tech noted that now the sway bar link ear on the front axle housing was broken causing more suspension and handling problems. Once the repair was done the vehicle was able to drive down streets 40 mph and under using one hand on the wheel now. UNLESS you hit a pot hole or any other rough terrain the Jeep would go into what is known as a death wobble. Both Mr. Griffin and his wife were given notes on how more repairs would be needed to fix this issue. Mrs. Griffin was the one who picked up the vehicle and was told by the owner several times that there was more work to be done to correct the issues they have and that all of it was written out on the invoice that was handed to her. Mrs. Griffin called in yelling later that day saying she took the Jeep on the freeway and still felt unsafe. The owner then asked her have you read over any of the notes on your paper work, Mrs Griffin replied "No I haven't I was late to work". We at Skyline Automotive Repair try to do our best in every situation to help customer with any and all problems including keeping an open communication line.

Dennis R.
03/15/2018 Category: Service
Dennis said the business did a good job.

DT
Dominic T.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
03/15/2018 Category: Service
Dominic said the staff gave good customer service. However, their diagnosis was incorrect and he was definitely disappointed as he asked specifically to test this main issue.
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 03/16/2018

THERE WAS NO DIAGNOSTICS DONE ON THIS VEHICLE. Customer came in and asked how much it would cost to replace front and rear differential fluids as well as the transmission fluid because he just purchased the car and was traveling at least 2 states over. Customer was given an estimate agreed to the price and dropped off the vehicle the next morning. The services that were asked for were done as well as the tech finding the engine oil drain plug to be loose. Which was tightened and topped off for no extra charge.

Christina M.
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Christina said it was wonderful.

MN
Minh N.
Seattle, WA
Cadillac CTS Wagon
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Minh said the business' employees are really nice and they know what they are doing.

KT
Kathy T.
03/07/2018
great place
Great fast competent service as usual..thanks :)

Sam H.
03/05/2018
My new mechanic!
After using a repair shop in North Auburn for years, I had a couple experiences that made me question the integrity of their work and their prices. I heard good things about John from a close friend and decided to give him a try. I trusted him to a major engine overhaul and John was awesome! Not only was he super easy to work with, he answered all my question and took care of my car like it was his own. His pricing was good and now I my trusty Subaru Outback is running like new and is ready for another 100K miles plus! Skyline is now my new trusted repair shop.

Sam from Lakeland Hills

Lisa B.
Kia Spectra
03/04/2018
Amazing
I’ve been going here for over a year and every single time Rob is amazing and is 100% honest and is always so helpful! I definitely feel so safe after leaving! I will never go to any other shop again! Thank you all so much

Merven M.
03/02/2018 Category: Service
Merven said the employees were very quick and the lady up front was very nice.

MA

PK
Peter K.
Nissan Rogue
02/19/2018 Category: Service
Peter said the service was great. The employees took care of everything they needed to do, and they let him know about any issues. He was also given a quote for future service.

RT
Roberto T.
Scion tC
02/19/2018 Category: Service
Roberto said he would recommend this business for service.

Jerry C.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
02/18/2018
Check engne light repair
The diagnostic and repair was done in a timely manner with first just trying a reset and running premium gas but the check engine light came back on. Scheduled for service and was completed quickly and the light has not come back on.