Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Subaru Outback (Natl)
12/11/2018
good work. Sometimes not the best customer service
like the work done. However, sometimes get condescending attitude from owner.

LC
Lindsey C.
Nissan Rogue
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Jeremy. He said the business told him that servicing the transmission would help, however, it only helped for about one day before the transmission became even worse than before the service was performed.
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 06/14/2018

Lindsay and Jeremy came in with a transmission shifting problem and noise problem. The vehicle had over 100k miles on it and had never been serviced. Before condemning the transmission the customer was informed that because of the severity of the issue the only thing we could try to do before replacing the transmission would be to remove the pan and replace the filter and fluid. After service was complete the transmission shifted properly with no noise. Both the customer and her husband were given this information and possible out comes before they agreed to do it. Once the customer had called us to ask for their money back we took the next to help them in the repair process by doing research on their vehicle at no cost. What we found was that the manufacturer had extended the warranty to 10yr/120k miles on this particular transmission and that it should be covered under it. We at Skyline Automotive Repair never leave people in the dark about their car and always let them make the final decision on what is to be done.

TG
Tim G.
03/16/2018
Never again
There seems to be a few issues that say they were discussed that were never discussed so for there you’ll never see my wife’s Jeep in your shop again forever amen
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 03/19/2018

Mr. Griffin came in with his wifes 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee they just purchased recently and it already had a 6 inch lift on it. After installing Mr. Griffin custom front drive line the tech test drove the vehicle for any problems. On that test drive, which was the first for the tech and Skyline Automotive, the tech could not maintain 20 mph down any road due to how badly the vehicle wandered, shook and bounced. Tech returned to shop to do free diagnosis on the vehicle. Found that the gearbox was shifting internally causing problems. Mr. Griffin brought his vehicle in for the gear box repair. Once vehicle was here tech noted that now the sway bar link ear on the front axle housing was broken causing more suspension and handling problems. Once the repair was done the vehicle was able to drive down streets 40 mph and under using one hand on the wheel now. UNLESS you hit a pot hole or any other rough terrain the Jeep would go into what is known as a death wobble. Both Mr. Griffin and his wife were given notes on how more repairs would be needed to fix this issue. Mrs. Griffin was the one who picked up the vehicle and was told by the owner several times that there was more work to be done to correct the issues they have and that all of it was written out on the invoice that was handed to her. Mrs. Griffin called in yelling later that day saying she took the Jeep on the freeway and still felt unsafe. The owner then asked her have you read over any of the notes on your paper work, Mrs Griffin replied "No I haven't I was late to work". We at Skyline Automotive Repair try to do our best in every situation to help customer with any and all problems including keeping an open communication line.

EH
Elliot H.
11/05/2019
Good Honest Service
Very professional and knowledgeable mechanic. Spoke plainly, directly and honestly about the needs of my vehicle. Definitely will be coming back.

Shelley B.
INFINITI G37 Coupe
10/31/2019
Amazing 5 star service
Carol at the front desk is very friendly and the waiting area was super clean. Skyline Automotive is an honest trustworthy shop and has very fair pricing. John is extremely knowledgeable and made sure to keep me in the loop throughout the entire process. This quality service has now made me a lifelong customer.

GA
Garry Jr A.
10/31/2019
Great shop
I have been having issues with the Ford dealership in Auburn and my Dad recommended this place. I’m glad he did, they have amazing service and fixed my Ford Escape quickly. John explained what The Ford dealership did wrong and gave me a full write up so I could get a refund from Ford. My Escape has had no issues since they repaired it. Thank you for fixing my SUV.

CL
Clay L.
Kia Optima
10/29/2019
Honestly integrity value
John and his team bring back the good old days when your mechanic used to actually care. Everybody is in business to make money, but John is reasonable, he is not looking to retire on one job. Great prices, great service and true workmanship. Absolute pleasure to do business.

GW
Gary W.
Pacific, WA
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
10/28/2019
Car repair
The people and the quality of the work

Sam S.
Ram 1500
10/28/2019
Just a tune up and brakes, but great care and communication
The dealer quoted me twice as much as Skyline complete bill, and the dealer quote was just for the brakes. Both John (the mechanic) and Carol (front office) made sure they understood what I wanted done and were up front about costs and the work to be done. Great business

Ron B.
Ravensdale, WA
10/22/2019
Great shop
These guys are great. I brought my crv in for brakes and got better service and better pricing than the quote from Schwab. John explains what's wrong and does more than what's expected. Love this shop. 👍👍

Kent, WA
10/21/2019
Honest shop
John is always honest and does a great job on our vehicles. Thank you Skyline!

Aziz B.
Ram 2500
10/18/2019
The customer service just great
I had a 2018 Dodge ram 2500 lifted wide wheels. I went all over the places couldn’t find a alignment place that will do it for the ram. The Skyline automotive they did it, a great job doing an alignment for it and I’m pretty sure next time I am just going to visit this place:)
Thank you for doing a great job and very friendly and respectfully

Jerry C.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
10/15/2019
Rear wheel bearing
Made the appointment monday for a drop off at 9am, work complete with oil change included by 2pm

Cassondra H.
Toyota Yaris iA
10/15/2019
Great customer care
Came in for a simple oil change, but these people were very customer oriented and friendly and wanted to make sure I was happy and a future customer, which I will be.
Fair prices and excellent customer service. :)

Adam S.
Chevrolet Traverse
10/14/2019
Great people. Great place.
Skyline is family owned and operated. Great place to have work done.

GA
George A.
Kent, WA
10/14/2019
Best auto service I’ve ever had.
John and his team have over the top service. They have more than competitive prices on service. And have caught problems with my old van that other shops missed.

Tamara S.
10/13/2019
Great honest place!
I've used Skyline for oil changes and brakes and transmission flushed and I really trust them. Not only that, but they have competitive prices. Better than other places for my brakes. I called around for that because I had moved to Maple Valley, but their price was better than the other places, and they were willing to drop me off at my doctors office while I got my work done which was awesome and super convenient. I'll keep trekking back to Auburn for my automotive needs because I don't want to switch!

10/08/2019
Clean, friendly
Clean, friendly, reasonable price.

10/08/2019
Nice people and quaily job.
Jon, the owner is honest and very helpful and explain the issues very well so you will have a better understanding of the repairs you may need. You are never rushed nor pressured. Locally owend and reasonably priced.

Denise S.
10/07/2019
Skyline automotive
John and his crew are the best I’ve found. Honest, fair priced, no BS kinda shop!