Lexus GX 470
02/14/2020
Rude customer service
I thought I found a great place to bring all my vehicles. But today I was disappointed of services and customer services. I called about the service and the guy was very rude towards me. Now I have to find a different mechanic.

Subaru Outback (Natl)
12/11/2018
good work. Sometimes not the best customer service
like the work done. However, sometimes get condescending attitude from owner.

LC
Lindsey C.
Nissan Rogue
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Jeremy. He said the business told him that servicing the transmission would help, however, it only helped for about one day before the transmission became even worse than before the service was performed.
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 06/14/2018

Lindsay and Jeremy came in with a transmission shifting problem and noise problem. The vehicle had over 100k miles on it and had never been serviced. Before condemning the transmission the customer was informed that because of the severity of the issue the only thing we could try to do before replacing the transmission would be to remove the pan and replace the filter and fluid. After service was complete the transmission shifted properly with no noise. Both the customer and her husband were given this information and possible out comes before they agreed to do it. Once the customer had called us to ask for their money back we took the next to help them in the repair process by doing research on their vehicle at no cost. What we found was that the manufacturer had extended the warranty to 10yr/120k miles on this particular transmission and that it should be covered under it. We at Skyline Automotive Repair never leave people in the dark about their car and always let them make the final decision on what is to be done.

TG
Tim G.
03/16/2018
Never again
There seems to be a few issues that say they were discussed that were never discussed so for there you’ll never see my wife’s Jeep in your shop again forever amen
John F. from Skyline Automotive Repair responded on 03/19/2018

Mr. Griffin came in with his wifes 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee they just purchased recently and it already had a 6 inch lift on it. After installing Mr. Griffin custom front drive line the tech test drove the vehicle for any problems. On that test drive, which was the first for the tech and Skyline Automotive, the tech could not maintain 20 mph down any road due to how badly the vehicle wandered, shook and bounced. Tech returned to shop to do free diagnosis on the vehicle. Found that the gearbox was shifting internally causing problems. Mr. Griffin brought his vehicle in for the gear box repair. Once vehicle was here tech noted that now the sway bar link ear on the front axle housing was broken causing more suspension and handling problems. Once the repair was done the vehicle was able to drive down streets 40 mph and under using one hand on the wheel now. UNLESS you hit a pot hole or any other rough terrain the Jeep would go into what is known as a death wobble. Both Mr. Griffin and his wife were given notes on how more repairs would be needed to fix this issue. Mrs. Griffin was the one who picked up the vehicle and was told by the owner several times that there was more work to be done to correct the issues they have and that all of it was written out on the invoice that was handed to her. Mrs. Griffin called in yelling later that day saying she took the Jeep on the freeway and still felt unsafe. The owner then asked her have you read over any of the notes on your paper work, Mrs Griffin replied "No I haven't I was late to work". We at Skyline Automotive Repair try to do our best in every situation to help customer with any and all problems including keeping an open communication line.

KW
Kurt W.
Chrysler Town & Country SWB
07/01/2020
great automotive service and repair
Great service and technical expertise. Been going there for years and always happy!

Michelle M.
Trust
As always, I can completely rely on the work on my vehicles at Skyline. I recommend them to my girlfriends add to my guy friends. I’ve never been disappointed and I know they treat me like family. Thanks for making a place for women to go that they’re not gonna get ripped off.

07/01/2020
Highly recommend Skyline, John is honest and very knowledgeable. Won't go anywhere else again!

LE
Leita E.
Toyota T100
06/26/2020
Personable
Everyone was professional, reasonable and informative. I would come back for sure! Thank you.

GS
Gary S.
06/26/2020
100%
Total confidence in this guy. Did what he promised quickly with a fair price.

Ashley M.
Volkswagen Cabrio
06/24/2020
Fair price for great work
Very happy to have found a shop with fair pricing! The work they did looks great and they went the extra step of cleaning up the area around the repair (which had puddles of cooolant). I will 100% be returning for all my future car needs.

PG
Peter G.
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
06/23/2020
Took our vehicle to John with starting failures when hot. He was very diligent in diagnosing the problem, which turned out to be a bad fuel pump. He called and explained everything he needed to do to fix the problem and gave us a really good price on the work done. Also was done faster than I expected. Will definitely be customers again.

Marie B.
Chrysler 200
06/22/2020
Honest
I can’t thank you enuff you were so quick and honest and trustworthy thank you for changing my views on mechanics. I will never go anywhere else.

KG
Keith G.
Chevrolet Suburban
06/21/2020
Best shop in Auburn
John and his crew are friendly, knowledgeable, and have always done great work on our vehicles. You can rely on Skyline to get the job done right and when you need it.

Joanne S.
Chrysler Sebring
06/19/2020
Fast, friendly, help me with my choices
Service was great. Knew what I needed and worked with me

Doug D.
06/17/2020
My car has never sounded so good, thank you so much