Sun Automotive - Springfield

Steven H.
Pleasant Hill, OR
06/25/2018
UPDATE ON Ranger Truck
I just received a call from Craig Noel, the boss at SUN Automotive! We talked for at least 10 minutes, he explained exactly what was going on, and quelled my fears. I now Know I and my truck are in great hands. Just a bit of mis communication prior.
THANKS TO Craig Noel!

Michele W.
02/08/2018
Can I give 1OO stars???
I am a female (I wish that wasn't relevant.... but it is) and I had an 'unserviceable' part break in my 1995 Toyota Tacoma and while it took almost two weeks without my car, these AMAZING PEOPLE did all the leg work, paid for parts to be shipped and sent back from wrecking yards, all that extra labor at no charge, gave me a loaner for free after the 6th part did not fit, and just REDUCED my price by $10.00 because the part that finally worked was cheaper!!! Totally unheard of in that industry IMO. I have NEVER experienced a more professional, kind, and competent shop in my life and I've been driving for 33 years.

THANK YOU SUN AUTOMOTIVE!!!

KC
Karen C.
06/07/2017
Revised review
My initial review was good but I wrote it right after leaving the shop for the first time. I have meant to submit this because my issue wasn't resolved in what I believe was the correct manner. I initially took my vehicle in to have the A.C. recharged because after approx 10minutes it would blow hot air. I was told I would have to pay for them to inspect it in case it was something other than a recharge that was needed. I paid for the service and the cost to recharge only to find the AC did the same thing next day when I drove it more than 10 minutes. I called and took it back, after this day in the shop they tell me it is a coil or something in the A.C. unit that needs fixed so I could do that for around $800 or replace the whole thing for $1000. I was glad they finally found the problem but in my opinion they should have found this issue during the initial inspection so I didn't have to pay to recharge a broken A.C. unit. I feel I am out that money due to the initial diagnosis being wrong. The people there were all very nice but I doubt I will go back. I work at a non profit and am on a budget so this unnecessary mechanic bill set me back.

Dee C.
05/10/2017
Integrity
This place is great fair honest.

TD
Tom D.
04/27/2017
I am soooooo pleased!
These guys (and gals) are the very beat. Very professional, friendly, and yes, trustworthy! My experience is this: Four months earlier, I had a coil fail on my 2005 Toyota Avalon. I was encouraged to replace 3 coils (there are 6) because of their location in my engine. Done deal, and I was pleased with the service. Unfortunately, four months later, one of the very same coils failed (presumably a factory defect). While the shop could have said it was one of the 3 which hadn't been changed in the first place, instead they determined it was one they had installed earlier - a "call-back". The upshot is that the previous work was under warranty and they repaired it at no cost to me. And, they were friendly about it. So nice. I would recommend this shop to my best friends.

AJ
Aurora J.
Honda Accord
01/03/2017 Category: Service
Aurora said she was pleased with the service, the quality of the workmanship, and the timing in which her vehicle was ready. The staff did a good job.

Deann S.
12/26/2016 Category: Service
Deann said her vehicle had synthetic oil and when they performed the oil change they put in conventional oil instead.

DT
David T.
Chrysler Town
12/23/2016 Category: Service
David said this business was very helpful. They fixed his original issue for free and just told him to return for an oil change. When he went back they went through everything and told him what he needed done.

CG
Carlos G.
Mazda 3
12/21/2016 Category: Service
Carlos said this business seemed pretty honest and sincere. They always call him if they see anything else wrong with his vehicle. They let him know. They write him statements to remind him what needs to be done next.

SN
Stephen N.
12/20/2016
Over priced
They over price you and do things that are not needed. You can't get out the door with a minimum of a $1000

LV
Lisle V.
12/15/2016
Friendly, honest service
We rely on the friendly, honest service we get from Sun Automotive. We always appreciate having all our options clearly explained when repairs are needed, with no sales pressure.

NZ
Noah Z.
GMC Sierra
12/13/2016 Category: Service
Noah said this business provided good service.

Charles S.
Sweet Home, OR
12/11/2016
GREAT SERVICE!!
Hey CRAIG!
It was really great to have your presence for breakfast. The one on one time with you, I really appreciate and we were able to talk and interact on so many auto issue of common interest. You're really a great source and I very much value your personal sharing of experience and interest. We will do this more frequently I hope in the future. I found the carburetor info and contact, but there is a little turn of events. First, the guy's name is Tracy and his company is American Spirit. I spoke with him just today, and was reminded I think I first contacted him through Mark as he reminded me that he used to do quite a bit of work for Sun Auto. He has since moved his facility to Oklalhoma City but will ship anywhere. All he does is Carburetors. So here is his contact #. 541-515-2933. I told him about you and he said to have you just give him a call and he would try to fix you up. Let me know if I've done you any good. Thanks again Craig for the fine service!

John A.
12/09/2016 Category: Service
John said this business did a great job on his vehicle. The staff was efficient and accommodating.

Chuck S.
Chevrolet Silverado
12/09/2016 Category: Service
Chuck said he encountered no problems with the business.

TW
Thomas W.
Junction City, OR
12/09/2016 Category: Service
Thomas said they did a really good job on his vehicle. He will be back.

BN
Brian N.
11/27/2016
Once again, a great experience at Sun
Working with Sun Auto is such an easy experience. They communicate well, treat my fairly and do excellent work.

Bill M.
Toyota FJ Cruiser
11/25/2016 Category: Service
Bill said this was a good experience and the employees did what he wanted them to do.

TG
Terry G.
11/23/2016
Thorough work
During my last oil change, they told me there were issues with the coolant, which they worked on months before. Once this was confirmed, they called me to bring my car in for free maintenance. Honest and dependable.

Trevor S.
Dodge Dakota
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Trevor said he would recommend this business for service.