Overall Rating 4.565217/5Overall Rating 4.565217/5Overall Rating 4.565217/5Overall Rating 4.565217/5rating 4.565217
Overall Rating 2.43478/5Overall Rating 2.43478/5rating 2.43478rating 2.43478rating 2.43478

05/16/2018 Category: Service
Needs Work
This service center needs better communication and a lot of work to make it somewhere I would trust with my car.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

I just left you a voicemail on the phone number we have on file for you. I'd like to get your vehicle back in and check it myself if possible. Please contact me if that's something we can do, thank you.

04/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Department for 15K maintenance
Karen at the service counter is awesome! I am still trying to figure why a tire rotation cost $123 and fuel injection service is listed twice on my invoice. Double charges? The waiting area amenities pale in comparison to Lithia Subaru...no bottled water or snacks.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today I really appreciate it. I hope I was able to straighten things out and we look forward to seeing you next time your vehicle is due for service. Take care!

HF
Hailey F.
01/15/2018 Category: Service
Needs work
Communication here is pretty poor and needs work. It’s also hard for someone who works business hours to get services done here due to the hours they’re open. I have a 2017 that already is having problems with the power point/blue tooth and per their notes of maintenance say it’s been checked but it still doesn’t work.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 01/15/2018

Hi Hailey,
I tried leaving you a voicemail on the number we have on file but it said the mailbox was full. Please call me when you can so we can figure out your power point/bluetooth issue and get it working like it should. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

KI
Bad service
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 08/16/2017

GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 08/21/2017

Kirk,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon. I hope you choose us again for your next service when it's due and as a goodwill gesture I'd like to take care of your next oil and filter change s a complimentary service. Again, thank you for your time, take care.

WG
William G.
Lake Oswego, OR
06/07/2017 Category: Service
Tired, old facility with no comfortable place to wait.
provided my review on previous page.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 06/08/2017

Lauren,
We appreciate your feedback greatly. We are going to have the building remodeled in the near future which will leave us with a much nicer facility once finished. I hope that we will see you again and that your experience is a better one. Thank you!

2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/31/2017 Category: Service
Honest serice, good people.
I'll be honest. I didn't like my first trip to Ron a tonkin Hyundai service, but George Monaco heard that I wasn't totally happy, so he and Ryan Dellegrazie, bent over backwards to make everything better than fine. I suspect that they would do this for any customer that runs through their service department. If you have any problem at all with your hyundai, I would highly recommend Ron Tonkin Hyundai, just because of these two.

05/31/2017 Category: Service
I feel like the service staff is a little arrogant. I asked specific questions about my car and they seemed disinterested in their product, or just plain talking about it.
I don't care because ron tonkin hyundai service dosent care.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 06/01/2017

GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 06/19/2017

Sterling,
I'm glad we were able to get the issue resolved and thank you so much for your comments! Greatly appreciated!

Keith S.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
03/07/2017 Category: Service
Not warrnty 60 thousand miles coverage for front right light on my 33 thousand miles.
How can I feel good about it?
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 03/07/2017

Keith,
I verified that warranty coverage for the headlight bulb expired about two and a half years ago on your vehicle. The warranty coverage for the headlight bulb is 3 yrs. or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Since your vehicle is past the 3 year mark it became an out-of-pocket expense. I understand your frustration but am asking you to re-score Karen, your service advisor, because she's not at fault here. She's just abiding by warranty coverage guidelines and helping you get the bulb replaced. Please feel free to respond or stop by anytime if you'd like to discuss further. Thank you for your time.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/20/2017 Category: Service
Poor service, questionable quality
At my last major service, I asked for windshield washer repair too. I was told it was fixed, but immediately afterward it did not work. Then before I could return to get that fixed the lift supports for the hatchback broke - the car is only three years old, so this is extremely disappointing. When I called to make the appointment, the person on the phone barely inquired as to what work I needed done. I had to ask "don't you want to know what is wrong?" 5 days later at that appointment I asked for the windshield washer repair (again) as well as the hatchback repair. When they brought the car out they first told me that they'd have to order the lift supports - something they could have done when I made the appointment 5 days earlier. Now it is two weeks later and they still have not called me to finish that repair. Regarding the windshield washers - again this was the second time I had been there for this same repair. When they brought out the car after "diagnosing" the hatchback problem, they told me the windshield washers were fixed, so I got in the car to leave and I tested them. They almost immediately stopped working, so I had to get their attention again to actually fix the problem. Those are now working, but I really feel like they were trying easy solutions rather than actually trying to fix the problem. It should not have taken them three attempts to fix the issue. At this point, I will likely never return for another repair and I will almost certainly never own another Hyundai. Hatchback lifts and windshield washer problems in a car that in only 3 years old, is certainly not a sign of quality.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 02/23/2017

Dawn S.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
11/08/2016 Category: Service
Service department
Your salesman Harry is the best! Your service department needs help on customer service and going the Extra mile
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 11/09/2016

Dawn,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I apologize for the circumstances of the morning you were here and how it affected you. I hope that after our discussion that we will see you again for your next service. Thank you.

DN
DONALD N.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/15/2016 Category: Service
Review of customer service
I am very pleased with the results I received after a bad review I gave Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai. To my surprise they contacted me and wanted to
make it right and they did. I withdraw my bad review. They care about their customers.

10/15/2016 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
Was not impressed with the whole place.
GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 10/17/2016

If you would, please give me a call at #503.258.5700, I'd like to ask you a few questions and see what we can do, if anything, to make things right. Thank you.

GEORGE M. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

Judy,
After the conversation we just had, I hope you are satisfied and hope to see you again. Thank you for your time!

Karon B.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/07/2016 Category: Service
Review.
I got a oil change.

09/07/2016 Category: Service
Hyundai Service Review
When I got into my car it was dirty. The steering wheel had dirt on it. My floor mat had dirt and oil on it. Mcloughlin Hyundai was much better!
Teresa S. from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 09/08/2016

We apologize for the inconvenience.  A service advisor will be calling you shortly to discuss the situation.  We value your feedback so we can improve our process in the future.

CE
Carl E.
2007 Hyundai Accent
08/10/2016 Category: Service
Headlight
55 dollars to change a headlight bulb is gouging people
Ryan S., SERVICE MANAGER from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 08/10/2016

Carl,
   Thank you for the feedback,  However the pricing of the bulbs and the labor to pay the Certified Hyundai Tech to change it. We have tried in the past to absorb the charge with the labor but unfortunately we were no longer able to do so.

Clifford B.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/06/2016 Category: Service
Less Than I'm Used to
See Comments on previous page.
Ryan S., SERVICE MANAGER from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 08/08/2016

Clifford,
Sir, Iam sorry about your recent visit, We have been trying to remind everyone over the phone of the buy/sale and move but a few have slipped through the cracks. We have done emails and mailers to notified our customers of the recent changes. I will also look into your service history.
Thank you for the feed back.
From your friends at Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai

GA
Gordon A.
Oregon City, OR
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/17/2016 Category: Service
Sad decline is customer service
I wasn't told of the location change when I called less than a week prior to make my appointment. When I arrived, the person making my appointment had me of the schedule for the following day. The waiting room smelled like an auto shop garage. The music from somewhere, (the "showroom" maybe) was loud. The man driving my car into the parking spot once it was finished was driving way too fast for pulling into a spot. (I could see him from where I was sitting.) And, although my car appeared to be washed, I know it wasn't because there were a few drops of something from a tree that I was looking forward to being washed off. Once I got home and my car had a chance to dry off, all the spots were still there. All they did was rinse my car with water. When given the price break down for the 30,000 mile visit, I was shocked by the price. After doing some research, I know for a fact that the dealership is overcharging by approx. $400! I WILL NOT BE RETURNING THE THAT PARTICULAR LOCATION!!! I love my car, and I am extremely disappointed and sad by the decline in customer service since I purchased my car two years ago.
Ryan S., SERVICE MANAGER from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 06/18/2016

Gordan,

I would like to apologies for your recent visit,  I sounds like we failed you in every possible way.  I sent out email, and also a mailer explaining to our customers that we moved, and we are trying to remind everyone as well over the phone.  As for the Dealership, Yes we all agree is is ran down a bit, But we are moving forward with a HUGE remodel that should be begging in the next couple of months.
As for the car wash, We provide a courtesy wash, I am looking at possible offering coupons for a local car wash that we can provide for the customers instead of washing by hand.
And of course the pricing?  I have called around to all of the Hyundai stores in the area and priced out the 30k services and as recommended by Hyundai as far as the service i think you we find we are priced accordingly.
If you have any other concerns or you would like to discuss them further please call me at (503) 258-5730
I wouild like to offer you a free oil change to prove that we can meet your standerds of service.

Julia M.
Lake Oswego, OR
2011 Hyundai Elantra
06/06/2016 Category: Service
Falling Standards
I'm reserving judgement for now. The former Hyundai dealership provided excellent service. Now it's under new ownership with Tonkin. I will give them another chance to get their act together but don't feel I can recomment them to a friend at this time.
Ryan S., SERVICE MANAGER from Tonkin Gladstone Hyundai responded on 06/08/2016

Good Morning Julia,

Well first off I would like to apologies about your recent visit.
It apear's that we Failed you in every possible way.
Julia, I checked your record's and yes, there was a recall on your car and it was performed and also a complete inspection and everything looked good.
With out makling excuses, I would like to inform you that the folks that were at Mcloughlin Hyundai are the same folks down here.  We have all been through alot of changes ,but I can assure you that we will be on are A game your next visit.
from your Friends at Tonkin Gladstone  Hyundai!