Vic Williams Tire & Auto

AMY W.
Powder Springs, GA
Isuzu Rodeo
12/06/2014
Came back for service that wasn't done at previous visit.
After calling to speak with the shop manager Terry to let it be known that I had a strong sense that my oil had not been changed when I had been in for some work a few months prior (4 new tires, shocks, struts, etc.) considering the oil light was coming on for the first time in the history of me owning this vehicle which I've been the only owner of, I was told to go ahead and bring it in and they would take care of it, so I headed over to have the oil checked. When I got there, there was only 1 other person in the waiting room. After waiting for over an hour in the waiting area with my 2 year old daughter, they were finally going to take my vehicle back. I requested to see the oil as it came out, and as I had suspected, what little oil did come out was thick and black as night. I reiterated that it didn't look like the oil had been changed at my prior visit which I had suspected due to the fact that the washer fluid was also completely empty after that service had supposedly been done which was also extremely ill-timed given that I drove down to Sanibel Island, FL immediately after that prior service which is a 10 hour drive with no way to wash my windshield while driving. I was then told by the gentleman I'd been speaking to (Kenneth or Kieth I believe), that I was 1400 miles over the 3000 mile recommended oil change mileage, as if to suggest it was my negligence that caused the oil light to come on and the oil to be so low and black. Again, I have NEVER had the oil light come on before, even when there are times I would stretch the oil changes to 5000 or so miles in between, which is acceptable , even though it's "recommended" to do it at 3000. However, the one that got skipped put my vehicle closer to 10-12,000 miles in between, thus the oil light and extremely low, black oil being the result. I then asked him if he could find the previous ticket when the oil should have been changed to see if there were any remarks regarding the type of oil, etc. to give an indication if it had or hadn't been done so we could see what had taken place instead of assume and insinuate, and he said he'd get to the bottom of it. By the time my car was pulled back around front, there was no mention of whether or not he did find the prior ticket as if it were a non-issue at that point. So I basically had to come in and wait 2 hours for a service that I had paid for a few months prior, with no explanation or acknowledgement of their lack of performing the service previously, and no offer to change it again in the near future to clear out what was left from having it overlooked previously. It left something to be desired as far as me feeling I'd want to return for any future service for sure.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 12/08/2014

I am sorry Ms W feels like she had a bad experience with us. We value all customers and strive to perform the best work possible so we take accusations like this seriously. In the spirit of customer relations we did another oil change for her at no charge.
All oil looks alike at high mileage but the brand of oil filter and the inventory of this filter being correct indicated the service was performed.
Unfortunately it did take a while to get the vehicle into our shop on a busy Saturday morning with the shop full of cars even though there were few customers present.
When possible we confirmed the oil filter was our brand which is in itself not conclusive but indicates we changed it. It had been 5010 miles since the vehicle had been in and the oil was dark and oil level was low. This type of vehicle is known to consume oil as a Google search will indicate and my own experience with a 2002 Trooper II with the same engine confirmed.
At this age and mileage the oil level should be checked more often to prevent low level conditions which we would be happy to do.
We would like to continue to service Ms W's vehicle but if there is a lack of trust this may not be possible, however it is now time for the 6,000 mile tire rotation, free with tire purchase.
Vic Williams

VG
VERNETTA G.
Honda Accord
12/05/2014
Fast Service & Friendly
I went in for a Oil Change and in a hour I was in & out. The best part is the price was economical!!!!

TRAVIS S.
Chevrolet HHR
12/04/2014
owner, receptionist Debbie
Rountine oil, filter change. Fluid level check. Tire air check. Brake check. All done fast & effrcient.

BRENT S.
Kennesaw, GA
11/30/2014
Prompt, friendly service
My brother needed some new tires for his 2009 Honda Civic. At Vic Williams Tire and Auto, I got the full set of four tires for a lower price than the Black Friday specials that were being offered elsewhere. The staff was friendly and accommodating, service was prompt, and I got what I needed.

CT
CHRISTOPHER T.
Austell, GA
Chevrolet Uplander
11/28/2014
good service with short wait and friendly people!
They are friendly and trustworthy. They also are good at what they do. What more could you ask for?

JO

WAYNE and BRENDA F.
Douglasville, GA
GMC Pickup
11/25/2014
everyone is great but Terry is why we continue to bring our vehicles in
ya'll are the best - friendly and honest

MT
MIKE T.
10/31/2014
A great place to do have you car repaired.
These guys are very friendly and they realy know what they are doing.

EC
ERIC C.
10/30/2014
Honest about needed work.
Had a flat tire fixed, went a little long due only one balancer working, but that was explained to me and I was a walk in. I trust them with all my vehicles, including my son's.

GC

GP
GLORIA P.
10/11/2014
Needed tire
After having a tire blow out, I made it to the shop. The mechanics were very helpful in replacing the tire as well as another worn tire and providing advice on what I need to have done in the near future.

TH
Todd H.
10/10/2014
Still taking great care of my Mustang
Lived in the Dallas area and started having Vic's team of GREAT people take care of my car and then I moved to Atlanta. To this day I still make the trip out to Dallas GA to have them work on my car and perform standard maintenance.
Todd H.

EC
ERIC C.
10/10/2014
You are told the truth.
Always a great experience.

CA
CLIFF A.
Chevrolet Lumina
10/05/2014
fixed starter
I always have excellent care here.

ET
ESKEDAR T.
Acworth, GA
09/28/2014
Not great i was told it will take 1 hour to fix my car end up being 6 hours and also the price was changed 3 times
It's not everybody that have the time and money I for one did not have much on both the 6 hours that took to get my car fix after being told 1hour also price to fix my car was changed 3 times which was way over my budget maybe I got unlucky but will not go back

PE
Pauline E.
09/27/2014
the only place we go for repairs
We have been going to Vic Williams for 5-6 years now. We feel they are fair, honest, and helpful. They handled our transmission repair several years ago and it is still going strong. They have honored their quality when they made the mistake (brakes). When they recommend a service, they take the time to explain to us the reason for the service and its urgency. We don't particularly like that they don't take reservations but this has sometimes worked to our advantage (when we've needed to drop in for a repair). We have been able to call them to discuss a car issue and they generally take the time to listen and talk us through it.

PG
PETER and BECKY, JULIE G.
Hiram, GA
Kia Rondo
09/21/2014
Reliable, Fair pricing, Strong communication
I appreciate the service and communication.

LF
LAURA F.
Ford Excursion
09/08/2014
great people
very helpful, honest, and friendly. short wait time.

JY
JOHN AND CHRISTINA Y.
Waco, GA
Chevrolet Pickup
09/08/2014
Hometown feel/ workmanship
Well informed of possible, future problems.... Job saught after and, payed for was right price wise and timing wise....

JERRY K.
Powder Springs, GA
BMW 745i
09/05/2014
Balance rear tires
Service was quick & curteous and eleminated shake of car.