Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5rating 4.64286
Overall Rating 1.85714/5rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714
Latest Review over 1 year ago

STEPHEN W.
Porsche 911
VA Inspection
As usual Mike did a great job. He came out and greeted me and took real good car of the car. A great job as usual.

RJ

MK
MATT/BETH K.
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Matt K Visit
Staff friendly, straightforward about what needs to be done. Car was dione quickly. In this case, the best thing was a tip Rigo gave me about a DMV Plus site to get a newly-bought car registered/plated. I had no idea it was there and it was much faster and easier than using the regular DMV in Sterling.

LF
LARRY F.
Volvo XC60
11/16/2015
Good value. Honest. Reliable.
Convenient. Good prices. Honest. Fast service.

DIANNA B.
Honda Fit
11/16/2015
Two hour oil change
I know they were very busy when I went in, but I had set there an hour before my car was moved into the garage. I watched through the window, and saw a bunch of guys back in the back just chatting it up. The tech took my car in and it sat for about another 15-20 minutes, before he finally starting working on it. Because I have been to Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades and it is very convenient, I will continue going there, but hopefully next time they will not move at Turtle speed. Thanks
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/17/2015

We appreciate you taking the time in writing this review as well as speaking with me on the phone about your experience.  I again wanted to apologize for the long wait time while your vehicle was here.  We will definitely be addressing this with our team and provide a better service for you in the future.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

ANTHONY M.
Acura TL
11/15/2015
2006 Acura Brake Job
Overall the service was good. There was some lack of communication. Car was promised by 5:00 but was not ready until 6:45. Wrong part was order that resulted in the delay but was never notified. I had to call and check status.

RJ
attentive helpful people

CHRIS H.
Honda Accord
11/13/2015
Great place for an inspection
Once again it was time to take the car in for a Virginia inspection... emissions test this time. So, do I go to my nearest inspection station and stand outside or walk around inside between the hot dog griller and Lotto machines? Or ... do I drive 2 miles further and get to sit down in a comfortable chair, watch TV, catch up on the newspapers and NEW magazines, all in a climate controlled environment? Oh, also with FREE coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit? VA Tire is where I will be for my next round of inspections.

PT
PHYLLIS T.
Infiniti G37
11/13/2015
Great service again!!
Always get prompt, efficient service. My go to for all my car needs.

DEVIN H.
Saturn LW1
11/12/2015
Personally think that you should lower your diagnostic fees. Other than that, pleased with service provided.
Staff was helpful, courteous, and pleasant. Repairs were completed in a timely manner.

SD
SCOTT D.
Nissan Quest
11/12/2015
convenience and performance of staff
just wish the inspection sticker coupons were a bit more that $2 and $3. I used the $2 coupon and had to return the following day for the emissions inspection and did not have the necessary $3 for that part. Isn't it crazy to not just deduct the entire big $5 at one time!

WH
WADIA H.
11/12/2015
Costumer service is good, understanding, fast and helpful.
I DO RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS TO EVERYONE WHO NEED PEACE OF MIND CONCERNING HIS OR HER VEHICLE. THEY ARE READY EVEN TO TAKE YOU HOME AND BRING YOU BACK WHEN THE WORK IS DONE, INSTEAD OF WAITING IF YOU LIVE CLOSE.

BP
BARBARA P.
Chevrolet Aveo
Great place!
Went in not knowing if I needed an oil change. All my fluids were checked, did not need an oil change and the tires were rotated. Everything at no charge. Free tire rotation because I purchased tires there

DJ
DAN J.
11/11/2015
Friendly, helpful staff; provision of coffee, TV while you wait.
We always take our cars there for inspections and emissions. Location for us is great.

MN
MARK N.
11/11/2015
customer service, mechanics, good turn-around
great auto service, I've been to many and believe I've found the one that has great service and mechanics and will continue to take all my cars there.

ALAN S.
11/11/2015
Great and honest service.
I had brought my car in thinking I needed the two back tires replaced. The technician found I just had a nail in one of the back tires, and that it could be patched and both tires did not require replacement.

KW
KENNETH W.
11/10/2015
it used to be and still can be better
I was a bit disappointed by the counter service at my last visit
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.  I had attempted to call multiple times in hopes to speak with you about your experience with us and to get some more details.  I did see that you have been a customer for multiple years and we greatly appreciate your business.  Please feel free to contact us when possible so that we can discuss how we can provide you a better experience.

STEVE C.
Toyota Venza
11/10/2015
Service was excellent
Great customer service provided to repair tire and also change some filters

LG
LAWRENCE G.
Toyota T100
11/09/2015
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash (and to get new VA inspection sticker and emissions test). I was told, by one of your service reps, that the brake warning indicator was observed at the shop (when putting the truck in the inspection line), but that it cleared. Since it cleared, and wasn't observed by the mechanic(s), it could not be troubleshooted/isolated. Truck failed both mechanical and emissions inspections, so approximately $1600 of repairs were needed to pass the inspections (and get new inspection sticker). I have no issue with the repairs to pass inspection. What surprised me was that when I received the invoice/bill, I saw a note saying "customer declined "Brake Warning Flash - DIAG"which would have costed $114.

The main reason I brought the truck in was to get the brake warning light resolved. I was told that the brake system was checked (Bill shows "Complimentary Inspection" and no trouble was found, and that no further investigation was possible unless the brake light indicator would stay on, or at least be predictably repeated.

The fact that your mechanics can't do anything about the intermittent brake warning light on the dashboard make me think your mechanic(s) are incompetent.

Then to include the statement on my bill that says that I declined "Brake Warning Flash - Diag" service for $114 is truly mind boggling and confusing.

I'm a long time, regular, multi-car customer.

I just don't get it.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate your business over the years and are grateful you took the time to let us know how your experience went.  I'm glad that we were able to get your vehicle through it's inspections.  In regards to the brake light, I can understand how frustrating it could be when you bring the vehicle in with a problem but a solution can not be found.  I know the light was initially on during the inspections but when the vehicle was in for the technician to check it over it was off.  We looked over the system for anything obvious but nothing was found.  If the problem is not currently there then every time we test the components they are going to come back good.  We need to be able to run the diagnostic while the problem is occurring to pin point the problem area and verify what is needed.  Otherwise we would just be guessing.  We would be glad to look into this for you further if the problem returns.  Let us know if we can be of any help to you.

AP
ASHLEY P.
11/09/2015
Always great service!
Always 5 star customer service and fast turnaround when working on my car. Rates are good and reasonable. Facilities are clean and employees are very friendly. One guy always brings my dog bottled water while we are waiting. So nice!