SR
Steve R.
07/14/2021
Resolved
Ryan promptly addressed the concern. He explained that after he was able to properly diagnose the issue when we dropped the car off a second time that he did now need to change his original recommendation. Instead of putting our working alternator back in, Ryan recommend keeping the new alternator in place.

07/09/2021
Should have been an inexpensive fix...
Not happy I had to pay $500 for an alternator that I did not need and that did not fix the problem. (Plus with 177k looking to replace it soon) Said he would take the new one out but then didn’t. Since he said he didn’t know what to troubleshoot next I researched the issue to hopefully get my care back quickly (possible EB2 fix that located the problem). Ultimately it would have ended up being a very inexpensive fix if I didn’t have to pay to replace a perfectly good alternator.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 07/09/2021

Ryan the shop manager, Spoke with Sherrill (Steve's Wife) who made the review and explained to her the scenario a little more in depth and also told her that Steve approved Ryan to leave the new alternator in the vehicle at a discounted price as well as we did not charge for the wiring repair that was required. After a very nice conversation between Ryan and Sherrill, she was very understanding why the neccesary repairs were done and completed with approval and that she was willing to rescore her initial review for us. Thank you again for your business Retlick's!

Brian M.
11/23/2020
No masks
Brought in a vehicle recently for brake work and have no issue with the job, but I was not happy that owner/employee at the counter was not wearing a mask when I dropped off the vehicle and when I picked it up. I don't understand how a place of business, especially one that greets their customers in a very small enclosed area, and interacts with people all day, cannot take this simple precaution to protect their customers.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 11/24/2020

Sorry to hear about your negative feedback, we are very sorry that our 4 by 8 foot plexi glass counter divider was not up to your standards, as we take all possible measures to protect ourselves and most importantly our customers.

Volkswagen Passat
08/31/2020
Lack of communication
This place lacks the proper communication I need in a mechanic. This last time I took it in, they repaired a part of my car without even consulting me first! That’s dirty! Might I add, the part that they fixed was not what was going wrong with my car.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 08/31/2020

spoke with Cassie, explained to her with more detail again on why we replaced the broken / missing valve which was creating a large vacuum leak in the system and had to be replaced first in order to move forward with properly diagnosing the other 10 engine codes. Hopefully the additional explaination helped her understand more.

Mark M.
02/07/2019 Category: Service
Mark said the business was not able to solve his issue. He said that he had good luck with them in the past.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 02/12/2019

Hey Mark, once again We are Sorry we could not help you with the repairs needed to your vehicle, your vehicle required nitrogen for the air suspension to turn the service suspension light off after you had made your own repairs to the vehicle, as explained we unfortunately do not have any nitrogen on site here at our shop so were unable to do that for you.

NR
Nick R.
08/16/2016 Category: Service
Nick said he had some issues getting his vehicle back from the business. He mentioned they were suppose to call him about these issues and they haven't yet.

Tyler B.
Hubertus, WI
Pontiac Bonneville
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Tyler said he told the mechanic that his windows needed to be rolled up because it was going to be a bad night and he was assured they would be. He passed by the next morning and the windows were down. He had also asked to have his battery jumped and he was told they would. An hour before he came to pick up his vehicle, he called and asked had it been jumped. He was told it was. When he got there, the mechanic had the cords going under his seat. He was not very competent to know that it had to go on the battery so his vehicle could not even take a jump. So he lied about that as well and he will not recommend this facility to anyone.